MikroTik App

Sigma721
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Internet coming and going on hotspot

Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi everyone

I am having some issues on a hotspot we run. It receives internet through Eth1(this is stable and does not have issues), the hotspot on bridge1(this has the standard hotspot config and users login using a trail button).

We have an issue where a users internet stops working(not a trail time limit issue, as there isnt one). If I remove the user from the DHCP leases and Hotspot-hosts they can reconnect and sometimes they get the login page other times not. The user has an IP, Gateway, DNS that is correct, but no connection to the router. The one thing I have found is that the under Hotspot - Hosts the "Address" and "To Address" fields IP's differ for the users having the issue.

Any suggestions on what to try?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Internet coming and going on hotspot

Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:28 pm

Is everything assigned to bridge1? IP address/subnet? DHCP server? Hotspot?

The hotspot will assign an IP from its dhcp pool if the IP address the client is using is out of the localnet subnet or is already assigned to another device.

edit: My apology. I was interrupted by a phone call.The IP shown in "address" is the actual IP the client is using. The IP shown in "to-address" is the IP the hotspot assigned to the client, and the only IP of the two that is recognized by the router.

jhuemmer
just joined

Re: Internet coming and going on hotspot

Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:12 am

Hi,
are you sure, that the trial uptime reset is setting well? Otherwise the login field will not optain.