Community discussions

MikroTik App

jan2014
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE server with public IPs in a "private network"

Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:06 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm setting up a PPPoE server in our network with public IP's (/24 256 addresses) for the clients, and I don't have problems with configuration number "2" (drawing attached). I created a pool with the publlic IPs, and I don't apply NAT in the MK core router, so all the clients go to the Internet with their public static Ips.

I want to create the network number "1", and set up the PPPoE server (ether 2) with another MT router closer to the PPPoE clients. If I use a pool with private address + NAT, all the PPPoE clients use the second router public IP on the ether 1 to go the internet, so no problem with private IPs.

I need to give public IPs to the PPPoE clients, but if I set up a pool with public IPs on this server (on ether 2/router 2) and turn off NAT I can see the PPPoE connections in "active connections" but they can't go to the Internet, so I don't know if there is some way to do this without create another subnetted network with public IPs on the second router for the PPPoE clients..

Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tgrand
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: PPPoE server with public IPs in a "private network"

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:06 pm

The answer is in your routing tables.
You using ospf? if so redistribute connected routes.

jan2014
just joined
Topic Author

Re: PPPoE server with public IPs in a "private network"

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:13 am

I'm planning to use Ospf later on...I create a static route meanwhile an it works...

Thanks tgrand.