Community discussions

MikroTikFan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mixed IPV6/IPV4 network and he.net

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:04 pm

I just wondering where can I found guide how to configure in Mikrotik hybrid LAN network of ipv4 and ipv6 clients.
Solution based on Hurricane Electric WAN.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Mixed IPV6/IPV4 network and he.net

Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:37 pm

if you think about HE tunnel broker service just sign up and there are configuration example to create such tunnel.

In around 1 hour or faster your 6to4 prefix will be available via routing. If you want just to test out you get /64 prefix for your local net (global addresses). So you have to plan your firewall before hand.

MikroTikFan
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Mixed IPV6/IPV4 network and he.net

Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:54 pm

Thanks for explanation. I have account in HE.net and I know that there is a script provided by HE, but doesn't work ;-(
I will follow this guide (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:My ... v6_Network), I hope this will work.

I need access from LAN to outside my network IPV6 and IPV4 access, and this should solve HE.
I must have mixed LAN network IPV6 and IPV4, because not all devices support IPV6.

Having from Hurricane Electric IPV6 address pool will be possible to have internet of things (all IPV6 LAN addresses I can access from outside)?

For IPV4 I will have one IPV4 HE address and this I can also use same as now my public local address?