Community discussions

MikroTik App

anas3009
Topic Author

My Internet provider have a "connections limit"..

Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:21 pm

I have 4 WANS, My problem is that two of my Internet provider have a "connections limit" and when i reach that limit: the modem that connected to that provider goes down 100% and i must (and of-course when i notice that!) restart that modem to get internet again...
I'm looking for a solution, or an idea> please

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: My Internet provider have a "connections limit"..

Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Give more explanation please.
Have you configure a Mikrotik router?

anas3009
Topic Author

Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:03 am

of-course, I'm using "nth" method.

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:06 am

What kind of connection limit?

Session time limit?

Bytes transferred limit?

Simultaneous TCP connection limit?

Something else?

You have to actually get around to telling us exactly what the problem is for us to be able to offer suggestions.

When plisken asked for more information, you told us the same thing you told us in your initial message. WIth 4 WANs it is almost guaranteed that you will be using PCC load balancing.

That tells us nothing about your problem. That effectively tells us what color your hammer is. Your nails are bending. Tell us what the nails are, and into what you are attempting to drive them.

anas3009
Topic Author

Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:31 pm

I'm using internet via Satellite (Tooway), and when I open more than about 800 connection, The Modem hang and the internet stop until I unplug the modem power and reconnect it again.

"High Open Socket Count"
High Open Socket Count.png
Thanks for your time, looking forward for your help :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:14 am

It is not very commom that my friend. I have Tooway too, the "unlimited" package, I am reselling 3 Mbps to many neighbors in my building, using the mikrotik as main router, and a Ubiquiti Nano M5 for each customer like internal router.

I have more than 800 or 1000 simultaneos TCP/UDP connections and the modems remain working.
tooway1.jpg
you can see in my screen capture: 12 days running the modem, and about 120 GB downloaded. Many bytes :) with many many connections, and my customers use many p2p.

Now, I am in connections in my mikrotik router and I have monre than 2000 active connections and the modem still working without problem. sometime I got a low resoruce usage in the modem, but is in a peak hours, all my neighbors using p2p, and many devices. I am renting in my flat a room in Airbnb/wimdy and the guest using many devices too. I have a Finnish neighbors the they use IPTV all time for watch Finland Tv channels...
Here the mikrotik active connection.
tooway3.jpg
In two or three other locations, I have similar situation. A Unlimited tooway deploy and 10 isolated house around it, connected to the Ubiquito-Mikrotik-viasat modem-tooway, and I dont have problem with connections
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

anas3009
Topic Author

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:04 am

Thanks a lot for sharing..
I have 4 tooways with 60GB (we don't have ultimate like you)... I pay 1200$/6months for each..
and two of it have connection limit (by proxy), any way. I live in a spot that tooway is the only source of internet.
any idea>> I will be grateful.

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:42 am

Is expensive. I pay 99 eur for the "unlimited" hehehe
Where are you?

4 tooway with 60 GB each one? I know the old packages: " Gb, 10 Gb, 20 GB and 50 Gb, and the new ones: 25 GB and 100 Gb.

But the Viasat modem support many connections.
In all new Sat connections (Hylas, YaClick, Exede, Tooway) there is a client side proxy accelerator. Is the only way to get high speed over a satellite conex in Ka Band.

Had you tried Hylas? Is very stable and better than Tooway. Please, write me in a personal message. I want to talk you about it. My business and interest area is Satellite connections and bandwidth control with mikrotik and Voip.

anas3009
Topic Author

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:39 am

right, the new packages is 10, 25 and 100 GB and there is a business 60, 75, 100 and 125 GB

I live in Syria :)

That's why Satellite is the only source since no government or side wants to serve people.

any way, is there a way in mikrotik to limit connections for each wan?

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:50 am

Maybe you should experiment lowering ip packets timeouts to clear connections faster to save your total pool
[admin@RB1100AHx2] /ip firewall connection tracking> print
                   enabled: auto
      tcp-syn-sent-timeout: 5s
  tcp-syn-received-timeout: 5s
   tcp-established-timeout: 3h <=== default is 1 day
      tcp-fin-wait-timeout: 10s
    tcp-close-wait-timeout: 10s
      tcp-last-ack-timeout: 10s
     tcp-time-wait-timeout: 10s
         tcp-close-timeout: 10s
               udp-timeout: 10s
        udp-stream-timeout: 3m
              icmp-timeout: 10s
           generic-timeout: 10m
               max-entries: 524288
             total-entries: 753

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:40 pm

Oh yes, I understand your situation my friend. I think hylas is available too in Syria, maybe Hylas 2. I will check.

Second, I think you have a problem in the modem, because I have so many connections active and my modems (3 with unlimited packages and serving many people) don´t have this problem. Do you have this problem with every modem or just one?

What king of traffic do you have? I want to reproduce it. I work with tooway and Hylas and is interesting for us.

Feklar
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:14 pm

Try setting a connection limit in the firewall filter for the outbound interfaces in the forward chain. That should prevent TCP and UDP connections from flooding the given modems, but that will drop service for new connections that leave that interface until some are cleared up, so can cause issues for people using it.

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 pm

I still think... Is a modem problem... because, NOW: 21:13 in Spain... is my PEAK hour, now, all my "customers" are using the internet, two neighbors watching tv, all using p2p... I have now 3140 current connections. In house there is about 7 device using the same internet too. Is slow, and the simple queue is on for Peak hour (minimun speed) but still working,