Community discussions

MikroTik App

SoundGuyFYI
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Slow Responding MikroTik

Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:13 pm

Has anyone experienced slow responses from management of a mikrotik?

For example when you connect to the mikrotik Via winbox and pull up a window to look at interfaces it is very slow to load the list and even once it load it appears that the through put field only update every ten seconds.

My connection to the router itself does not appear to be the issue as I have internal access to the router so its not bandwidth. Even connect directly to the router is reports slow on everything.

Another example is that when I SSH into the unit and attempt to monitor a interfaces throughput. the screen only update every 10 seconds when it should be much more frequent.

After rebooting the router it seamed to resolve the issue so I'm not sure what fixed it.

Has anyone else had this same issue? I'm just curious if it is a known issue.

Also the CPU was not going over 6%

It's a CCR1036-12G-4S running 6.5 OS. (I understand it is an older OS but we have not had any issues till this. I am curious if it is an OS issue)

Railander
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Slow Responding MikroTik

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:49 am

bumping because this happens in our most congested routers and it makes troubleshooting general networking issues affecting the whole network much slower than we want them to be.

traffic forwarding doesnt seem to be affected, only winbox management is very sluggish.

lpgiuliano
just joined

Re: Slow Responding MikroTik

Fri May 14, 2021 11:31 pm

Same here!

Winbox management very slow, but traffic doesn´t seem to be affected.

Any ideas?