Community discussions

MikroTik App

hgonzale
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Queue tree and prorities

Wed Nov 26, 2014 5:06 pm

I am reading and practicing about queue tree and PARENTS....

Before today, I always used a linear QUEUE TREE, with put parent, just the interfaces... But the best of grouping in PARENTS is because you can group together de bandwidth for a group of rules.... but I have a question....

If a create a parent with maximun download speed= 10 Mbps and priority 5
and the inside rules, has for example 6 Mbps download and priority 6
and other one, 6 Mbps downlod and priority 6...

What is the influence of the parent priority?

I know, both rules never will be over 10 Mbps (the parent limit) but, what about the priority?

Here, and example of my new rules:

add limit-at=512k max-limit=9130k name=customer-download parent=ether2-master-local priority=6 queue=test-sfq
add max-limit=448k name=p2p-customers-download packet-mark=P2P-customers parent=customer-download queue=default
add limit-at=128k max-limit=9130k name=rest-customers-download packet-mark=REST-customers parent=customer-download priority=7 queue=test-sfq
add limit-at=256k max-limit=9130k name=web-customers-download packet-mark=HTTP-customers parent=customer-download priority=6 queue=test-sfq

and.. if I have anothe parent with MAIN priority 3, but inside I have a priority 7. Whats if first? the last posted rule with PARENT 6, and inside 7, of the other with parent 3, and inside 7?

Thank you

rodolfo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Queue tree and prorities

Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:19 pm