MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

v6.23 almost ready for FULL RELEASE - please check latest RC

Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:24 am

We are currently fixing last issues with 6.23:

- secondary disk formatting;
- other minor issues.

We plan to make a full release of v6.23 soon.
http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... latest.zip

http://www.mikrotik.com/download#rc

For those that had confirmed bug reports, please check if the issue is resolved. Thank you for helping.
(note -- some reported issues may not be addressed in this version, but please do write and report details)

What's new in 6.23rc11 (2014-Dec-02 15:07):

*) pptp - fixed problem where tunnel stopped transmitting packets under heavy load;
*) web proxy - caching in RAM for boards with 32MB or less RAM will not cache any content;
*) leds - removed 'led' command and added support for 'on', 'off' types under 'system leds';
*) files - allow to move files between different disks in winbox;
*) dhcpv4 server - fix adding address lists from radius;
*) dhcpv4 server - make radius classless static route tag as dhcp vendor specific;
*) smb - fixed HDD used/free space reporting
*) made powerpc metarouters work again (were broken in v6.22);
*) disks - fixed fat32 formatting where some bogus files with strange names were created
(to delete existing files reformatting is needed);
*) disks - fixed problem where some of USB disks were not recognized;
*) fetch - allow checking certificate trust without crl checking;
*) userman - fix more web session problems when user uses
customer and administrator interfaces at the same time;
*) snmp - fix external storage info reporting;
*) snmp - fix bulk walk problem introduced in v6.20;
*) fix tunnels - keep keepalive disabled for existing tunnels when upgrading;
*) fix tunnels - mtu for eoip tunnels was not allowed
to be set less than 1280 since 6.20;
*) using routing-marks could lead to tunnel loop detection to turn off tunnels;

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: v6.23 almost ready for FULL RELEASE - please check lates

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:57 am

Please don't rush this release or feel pressure to release it sooner than it is ready. Take your time. There is no rush. Rushing software makes for bad software.

There are new regressions with MetaROUTER in 6.23rc compared to 6.22 on MIPS. The PPC MetaROUTER fix that I was told was in rc11 is not in there at all. I have either filed tickets about these things today or responded to emails from existing tickets.

There are also stability problems with MR on MIPS that I have been running into in recent releases that I am trying to peg down and compose a ticket about. If I run a MetaROUTER on 6.12 or newer, I risk freezing, crashes, and reboots. But if I want to have stable PPP services without memory leaks, or if I want to use CAPsMAN, I need to run 6.13, and if I want to use CAPsMAN without problems, I need to run at least 6.16. So I am stuck and getting frustrated, as are my customers...

I dream of the day I can upgrade to a version to fix a bug, and not have 3 new regressions pop up. :(

-- Nathan

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:28 am

Nathan, thank you very much for your note. My colleague [Janis] was waiting for reply from you.
We have retested your issue on PPC metarouter, you are right it is still present.
Developers are applied the fix, next version (most likely 6.23) will include the fix!

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks for this topic. In future, make it for all RC version before release. It is usefull.

I have question about wireless. Now there are 3 wireless packages:
"wireless"
"wireless-fp"
"wireless-cm2"

Have you plan merge this packages?
Now there is quite a problem to which package to choose?
Which is best for NV2 AUTO settings? For P2P link?
Which is best for NV2 fixed tdma period size settings?
Which is best for Nstream stability (disconnecting)?
Etc etc ...
Thanks
Last edited by honzam on Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:45 am

Nathan, thank you very much for your note. My colleague [Janis] was waiting for reply from you.
I sent him a reply almost 10 hours ago.

I also opened a new ticket (2014120366000046) about new MIPS MetaROUTER issues that got broken between 6.22 and 6.23rc, about 8 hours ago.

I am actually in North America, in the west coast region/timezone. I have been staying up very late these past couple of weeks in order to try to catch you guys while you are awake because I want to help you get the information that you need to get these bugs fixed. And I need these bugs to be fixed.

There are still more serious issues that I know won't get fixed before 6.23 is released that have been around for a few versions, but I will go insane if 6.23 comes out and introduces additional bugs that break things that already worked, piled on top of the bugs that still need to get fixed in future versions.
Developers are applied the fix, next version (most likely 6.23) will include the fix!
Maybe it would be wise to have an rc12 release first instead of rushing headlong into final?

Thanks,

-- Nathan

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:48 am

Nathan,

I will check with him regarding mentioned tickets.

Yes, we will provide you with the fixed version, before 6.23 is released!

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:59 am

honzam,

Yes, we will optimise wireless packages in the future to make them more obvious!

For most wireless installations wireless-fp package should be used, the only exception when your setup requires CAPsMANv2, then wireless-cm package is the right one.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:21 pm

honzam,

Yes, we will optimise wireless packages in the future to make them more obvious!

For most wireless installations wireless-fp package should be used, the only exception when your setup requires CAPsMANv2, then wireless-cm package is the right one.
People which upgrade from "wireless" to "wireless-fp" have problem with packetloss (about 1%) if NV2 is used. There is topic about this.
Is this problem now solved? Thanks

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Nathan, metarouter issue you reported is fixed on the version from the link!

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 pm

honzam,

Please provide us with support output file and detailed test report, when 1% decrease on the link is present.
We have not noticed such issue!

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:54 pm

honzam,

Please provide us with support output file and detailed test report, when 1% decrease on the link is present.
See this: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... packetloss
I make new test link with wireless-fb and if problem appear -> SUPOUT to suppport

santa

Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Any details on this one? What kind of problem has been fixed? I didn't notice any problems with this before.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:02 pm

santa,
there was issue reported by user, when DHCP client renewed the lease, the process failed due to problems with adding entry to address-list.
Now issue is fixed!

nkourtzis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Thumbs up for this informative post and also for any post that serves towards greater visibility into the development/testing process.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Nathan, metarouter issue you reported is fixed on the version from the link!
I can now boot RouterOS MetaROUTERs on MIPS boards. Good, thank you. However, MetaROUTER interface is still missing from Winbox. This worked on 6.22.

Will test PowerPC in a minute.

-- Nathan

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Nathan,
thank you for the report, it is correct. Issue already reported, working on the fix!

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Nathan,
thank you for the report, it is correct. Issue already reported, working on the fix!
While you are at it, Virtual Ethernet interfaces for MetaROUTERs have not been working in Winbox for PowerPC boards for many, many versions. (No Virtual Ethernet option in Interface add [+] drop-down, and double-clicking on a VIF interface doesn't do anything.) Since this problem wasn't introduced in 6.23, I don't expect it to get fixed right away, but it's yet another MetaROUTER-related Winbox issue.

-- Nathan

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Okay, I can also confirm that PowerPC crash after 5 minutes of uptime when using MetaROUTER is fixed. Also, the uptime clock skipping from 4m55s to 5m5s is also fixed!

Excellent. Now that they don't reboot every 5 minutes, I can continue to stress-test RB1xxx for other MetaROUTER-related crashes.

Thank you,

-- Nathan

keema
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Thumbs up for this informative post and also for any post that serves towards greater visibility into the development/testing process.
Agreed

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:35 pm

honzam, few more comments about your topic and wireless packages!

* "wireless-fp" has newer features such as capsman and 11ac support with all of the old feature, for those features, it include significant other background changes from "wireless." It is only default installed on new manufactured devices so as to safely avoid any problems on installed devices. Currently we have no reported issues for this package.
"wireless-cm2" has a new capsman version that is not backward compatible with the original capman and is still in beta -- therefore a separate package.

* In v7, there will only be one wireless package including all new feature. We may have one merged package for v6 in the future, but that will only be decided when capsman v2 is out of beta.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:41 pm

honzam, regarding the topic you have posted above. It seems that problem is solved there (with fixes for "wireless"). In case you have any issues with 6.22/6.23rc on wireless. Please report all your issues to support@mikrotik.com

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:44 pm

Nathan,

Your first report about metarouter is fixed, new version is being made.

However, it seems we are not able to repeat the particular issue. It works for us on 6.23, probably more details are required.
While you are at it, Virtual Ethernet interfaces for MetaROUTERs have not been working in Winbox for PowerPC boards for many, many versions. (No Virtual Ethernet option in Interface add [+] drop-down, and double-clicking on a VIF interface doesn't do anything.) Since this problem wasn't introduced in 6.23, I don't expect it to get fixed right away, but it's yet another MetaROUTER-related Winbox issue.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:53 pm

However, it seems we are not able to repeat the particular issue. It works for us on 6.23, probably more details are required.
Steps to reproduce:

1) Netinstall 6.20 or current 6.23 from the website to an RB1100, empty config (no "keep existing").
2) Log in with Winbox.
3) Go to Interfaces.
4) Click Plus sign to add an interface.
5) Look for Virtual Ethernet. Doesn't exist.
6) Go to Terminal, and run "/interface virtual-ethernet add" -- In Winbox Interfaces window, you will see vif1 appear.
7) Double-click vif1. Nothing happens.

I have tried this on one RB1100 and two RB1100AH boards, and on multiple different computers (one Windows XP, one Windows Vista, one MacOS Snow Leopard computer running Winbox in Wineskin, and one MacOS Mavericks computer running Winbox in Wineskin). I have tried it in Winbox 2.2.18 and Winbox 3.0beta3. It doesn't work in ANY of these permutations.

Note that it must be an RB1100 or AH to see the problem. RB1000 works fine. RB800 may also work fine as well; I don't know because I don't have any to test with.

-- Nathan

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this isn't just a Winbox issue. On RB1100, WebFig doesn't show "Virtual Ethernet" as an option to add, either. But WebFig WILL let you configure one if it already exists (if you add it via the console with "/interface virtual-ethernet add").
Last edited by NathanA on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I have filed 2 new bugs (MIPS MetaROUTER shutdown crashing bug, MIPS NAND read slowdown), neither of which I expect to get fixed for 6.23, but hopefully something can be done about them for 6.24. And now I am exhausted and am going to bed...

-- Nathan

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:07 pm

Nathan, thank you for step by step instruction. Bug report is submitted, but most likely it will be fixed in the next RouterOS version.
Thank you very much for your help.

danletkeman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:17 pm

I just did this upgrade on two RB411GL boards and they didn't come up after the reboot/upgrade. I had to hard power them off at the sites and power them back on.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:32 pm

I just did this upgrade on two RB411GL boards and they didn't come up after the reboot/upgrade. I had to hard power them off at the sites and power them back on.
Do you have anything in the logs?

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Is 6to4 supposed to work? It still does not show any improvement with the #1 most basic config.

cheeze
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Mikrotik peeps. If this is how you handle new OS upgrades/releases then you will regain everything that was lost here in the community and then some. I realize this might be very difficult but....it is very helpful for the users of your software/hardware. Please consider releasing fewer software changes and releasing more RCs to people here. I think most of us would troubleshoot this and see if things go well.

As always, thank you for the great products :)

DjM
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:24 pm

Hello MikroTik support team,

is the OpenVPN server vulnerable to bug reported some days ago? - it was already asked here: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91776

Thank you

lunchboxrts
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:56 pm

All though not mentioned in the change log there is supposed to be a fix for the AC lockups. So far so good but only time will tell

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Mikrotik peeps. If this is how you handle new OS upgrades/releases then you will regain everything that was lost here in the community and then some. I realize this might be very difficult but....it is very helpful for the users of your software/hardware. Please consider releasing fewer software changes and releasing more RCs to people here. I think most of us would troubleshoot this and see if things go well.

As always, thank you for the great products :)
I agree.

Thank you for the increased communication with your users via the forums and via support emails.

wrobli
just joined

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:09 pm

honzam,

See this: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... packetloss
I make new test link with wireless-fb and if problem appear -> SUPOUT to suppport
Confirm

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:23 pm

santa,
there was issue reported by user, when DHCP client renewed the lease, the process failed due to problems with adding entry to address-list.
Now issue is fixed!
Hi Sergejs.

Does this also fix the issues with DHCP renew FIB entries and queues ?

e.g. DHCP renew does not compare RADIUS attributes against running FIB/Queue/Address List entries, and does not update them.

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:09 am

MikroTik folks: This thread is an excellent example of how you should be handling new release candidates before they are released. Allow those who have experienced problems in the past to test with the new release candidate publicly and make the candidate better before releasing it. Release it only when any recently introduced bugs are fixed and no new problems are confirmed. It may cause your release cycle to lengthen slightly, but it is critical that you get the bugs eliminated and do not introduce new ones through this more public testing process.

A process like this will contribute to regaining your users' confidence.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:47 am

Nathan, thank you for step by step instruction. Bug report is submitted, but most likely it will be fixed in the next RouterOS version.
So does this mean you were finally able to reproduce this very easy to reproduce problem? :)

I can confirm that MetaROUTER is back in Winbox in the revised build of 6.23 for MIPSBE; thank you for fixing that before release.

Just a heads-up, I filed 2 new bug reports via e-mail; these bugs existed before 6.22:
  • MetaROUTER MIPSBE causes host to crash on guest shutdown (introduced @ 6.12/6.13) (#2014120366000411)
  • Very strange NAND read speed degradation in MIPSBE RouterOS (introduced @ 6.14) (#2014120366000466)
Hopefully these can get fixed in 6.24, particularly the first one.

MIPSBE MetaROUTER is in horrible shape these days. It never really worked quite right throughout RouterOS 5, but after we got over that hump and RouterOS 6 came out with a stable MetaROUTER implementation, I was very optimistic. It worked flawlessly for a long time, and so I don't know why you would make any changes to it, but the recent bugs have me tearing my hair out and causing me to get very little sleep. In addition to the shutdown crash bug, one client in particular has been experiencing lockups of their 450G on a daily basis that requires a reboot of the router. I replaced the 450G with a new one, recreated the configuration, and it is doing the exact same thing. Problems go away if I shut the MetaROUTER off. I can't keep using them as a guinea-pig to test buggy releases on, so I am going to be forced at this point to downgrade them back to 6.9, which means I will have to undo CAPsMAN on their network. I am not looking forward to this, and am extremely discouraged at this point.

I will try to see if it is possible to recreate the MIPS MetaROUTER freezes in a lab, and if so, file another ticket.

*sigh*,

-- Nathan

napismizpravu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:35 am

RB433UAH

RouterOS 6.23 USB Flash disk works

6.20rcX - 6.23rc11 = problems disk

pbr3000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:03 am

The last rc is running fine in some routers: CCR, MIPSBE, PPC. No problems until now on my network scenarios (no metarouter, no tunnels 6to4 etc) and it looks very stable. Good job Mikrotik!
MikroTik folks: This thread is an excellent example of how you should be handling new release candidates before they are released. Allow those who have experienced problems in the past to test with the new release candidate publicly and make the candidate better before releasing it. Release it only when any recently introduced bugs are fixed and no new problems are confirmed. It may cause your release cycle to lengthen slightly, but it is critical that you get the bugs eliminated and do not introduce new ones through this more public testing process.

A process like this will contribute to regaining your users' confidence.
+1

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:45 am

Sob, 6to4 works fine for us with correct configuration.

DjM, we have our own OPENVPN code, that does not have any relations to ovpn mentioned in the link.

lunchboxrts, please provide us with more detailed information about AC lockups. We are not aware of any lockup at 6.23/22 version!

wrobli, Do you have such issue with the latest 6.23rc? Could you provide us with support output file from your link?

nz_monkey, DHCP fix is only for address-list.

Nathan, thank you very much for the reports. We will work on them!

kristaps
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:49 am

All though not mentioned in the change log there is supposed to be a fix for the AC lockups. So far so good but only time will tell
Please write to support we have not revived any mails from you.

DjM
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:24 pm

DjM, we have our own OPENVPN code, that does not have any relations to ovpn mentioned in the link.
Thank you for the answer.

wrobli
just joined

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:42 pm

Sob,
wrobli, Do you have such issue with the latest 6.23rc? Could you provide us with support output file from your link?
No test in 6.22. Rc test versions today and write my observations.

Bergante
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:43 pm

No regression troubles here, it seems.

Two Omnitiks establishing a ptp link across a street, using BGP/VPLS to carry several L2 networks.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:47 pm

Thanks, sergejs.

Here are some interesting (?) updates:

I have been stress-testing 6.23 prerelease on RB1100AH routers again. So far, 8 hours, no crash or reboot, 2 MetaROUTERs each pushing thousands of pps at each other, CPUs often peaking up to 100%. I am pretty sure this is longer than they usually tended to survive, even if I started the MRs up after the 5 minute uptime mark. So maybe fixing that one bug actually fixed all occurrences of RB1100 MR crashes (wouldn't that be great?). I am not calling it yet, and will let the test continue to run overnight.

So far, I don't know how to reproduce the MIPS MR hangs that I have been seeing on the one customer's 450G...and remember, I have replaced the board already with no change. They experienced 3 MR hangs in 3 days while running 6.23rc11. I have 2 450Gs on a bench running MRs and under a lot of load (way more than an average one would be), but so far no crash. I said I would probably downgrade the customer to 6.9, but I am thinking I will try 6.16 first. I know that version will still have the MR shutdown crash bug, but I want to see if the shutdown crash and hanging are related. If it lasts 2-3 days then I'm going to say that they aren't related. Hopefully this customer won't hate me if the MR hangs up again tomorrow because I didn't downgrade to a known stable version...

-- Nathan

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 pm

So should I understand it that my config, which has been correct for 10+ years, suddenly became incorrect? Could you please give me some hints how that happened and what do you think is wrong with it? If it isn't clear, those five commands are complete router config, I made it as bare as possible for testing.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:51 pm

So should I understand it that my config, which has been correct for 10+ years, suddenly became incorrect? Could you please give me some hints how that happened and what do you think is wrong with it? If it isn't clear, those five commands are complete router config, I made it as bare as possible for testing.
Please try to run following command in order to try fix your situation:

"/interface 6to4 set x !keepalive"

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:11 pm

So maybe fixing that one bug actually fixed all occurrences of RB1100 MR crashes (wouldn't that be great?). I am not calling it yet, and will let the test continue to run overnight.
Unfortunately, one of the two routers rebooted itself 8h33m into the test. Darn. Should have known that I would jinx it by talking optimistically about it. I will continue to try to hunt for a way to easily reproduce the crash.

-- Nathan

ziegenberg
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:49 pm

all_files_6.23rc.zip is missing the CAPsMANv2 package. Or maybe I just can't find it.

avenn
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:44 pm

Hi All,

Having read this thread I +1 that this is a better approach than previous.

A BIG thanks to NathanA for his efforts that will benefit us all. Particular those who use the same features.

Regards

Aidan Venn

schrotn
just joined

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:48 pm

Is this issue being worked on for a later release or is it going to be a problem for a while?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:53 pm

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Now wireless ac updates, when?
We are currently fixing last issues with 6.23:

- secondary disk formatting;
- other minor issues.

We plan to make a full release of v6.23 soon.
http://www.mikrotik.com/download/share/ ... latest.zip

http://www.mikrotik.com/download#rc

For those that had confirmed bug reports, please check if the issue is resolved. Thank you for helping.
(note -- some reported issues may not be addressed in this version, but please do write and report details)

What's new in 6.23rc11 (2014-Dec-02 15:07):

*) pptp - fixed problem where tunnel stopped transmitting packets under heavy load;
*) web proxy - caching in RAM for boards with 32MB or less RAM will not cache any content;
*) leds - removed 'led' command and added support for 'on', 'off' types under 'system leds';
*) files - allow to move files between different disks in winbox;
*) dhcpv4 server - make radius classless static route tag as dhcp vendor specific;
*) smb - fixed HDD used/free space reporting
*) made powerpc metarouters work again (were broken in v6.22);
*) disks - fixed fat32 formatting where some bogus files with strange names were created
(to delete existing files reformatting is needed);
*) disks - fixed problem where some of USB disks were not recognized;
*) fetch - allow checking certificate trust without crl checking;
*) userman - fix more web session problems when user uses
customer and administrator interfaces at the same time;
*) snmp - fix external storage info reporting;
*) snmp - fix bulk walk problem introduced in v6.20;
*) fix tunnels - keep keepalive disabled for existing tunnels when upgrading;
*) fix tunnels - mtu for eoip tunnels was not allowed
to be set less than 1280 since 6.20;

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:17 pm

"/interface 6to4 set x !keepalive"
Nope, does not change anything. I'll send supout from router to support. Although it should be easier if you tested the same config yourself, rather then digging through supout data. It's just few commands and it reliably did not work on any router I tried (three so far).

schrotn
just joined

Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:19 pm

schrotn, it might be present in the previous versions.
I've seen it constantly since 6.22. All my production routers that were affected by this are holding at 6.21.1 and seem fine right now.

I can't upgrade anymore until it is fixed, I was just curious if you foresee this being a long term issue or one you are already working on for one of the next couple releases.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:17 am

I was just curious if you foresee this being a long term issue or one you are already working on for one of the next couple releases.
I think you have misinterpreted its presence in the release notes. If it is in the release notes, then that means they think it is fixed, not that it is a known issue. So I think what sergejs is saying is that it is already fixed in 6.23, as was also restated in this other thread more clearly and explicitly: http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... =1#p459094

I haven't tested it, though. Have you actually put 6.23 prerelease on a router in the lab to see if the problem still exists for you with this version?

-- Nathan

danletkeman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 am

Do you have anything in the logs?
Not that I could see.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:57 am

Thank you very much for your reports and help!
6.23 version is released!
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=91901