Community discussions

MikroTik App

mss
just joined
Topic Author

Ping And Some Of Ports Are Blocked Unexpectedly And Unwanted

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:31 pm

We Have Installed MicroTik On VmWare VM And Used It For Couple Of Years But Since A Month Ago We ٍEncountered A Difficulty Which Disabled Us To Ping Any External Valid IP And Make Some Of Our Software Disable To Connect Them Servers.
One Of Blocked Softwares Is The Freegate http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freegate.
I ByPass The MictroTik Server And Connect Directly To Internet , Everything Works Fine Include The Ping And Freegate.
I Also Check The MicroTik Firewall The Filter List Is Completely Clear.

Please Help We Really Need Ping To Check Network's Health But It Doesn't Work Now.

Thalid

Re: Ping And Some Of Ports Are Blocked Unexpectedly And Unwa

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:25 pm

Do this issue accure after you upgraded Ros? in that case from what version to?

If these connections comes from spesific hosts you can make exceptions in the firewall to allow them.

mss
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Ping And Some Of Ports Are Blocked Unexpectedly And Unwa

Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:57 am

Actually We Did Not Update The MicroTik But If It Can Update Automatically It's Possible.
Unfortunately The Destination IP's Are Not Always The Same And What About Ping The Destination Is Very Various.
Also I Try Enable ICMP By Add Accept And Pass-trough Filter And It Dosen't Work.
I'm New In MicroTik I Search Too Much And Found Nothing!
I Believe MicroTick Should Not Block Anything , There Is Any Way To Find Out What Happened?

mss
just joined
Topic Author

Problem Solved

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Every We Just Solved The Issue There Was A Protocol Field In Our Nat Setting Which We Enable It Carelessly We Disabled It And Reconnect Clients And Every Thing Works Great.
We Change It From This:
1.jpg
To It:
2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.