Community discussions

MikroTik App

wilsonlmh
Topic Author

balance-rr Bonding on top of EoIP keep losing packets?

Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:33 pm

hei guys I just did some experiment for bond 2 WAN via EoIP. My purpose is to speed up my uploading rate but I found that the balance-rr mode keep losing packets.
Just a summary of my setup

Internet conneciton:
- 1xADSL (15M/1M)
- 1xWifi (the terminal is also a ADSL with 15M/1M and same ISP)
- the wired ADSL dial via VLAN, the Wifi received by a PC and then bridge into VLAN

VPN connection(to another site with 50M/50M FTTH):
-OVPN via ADSL, works fine for long time, MTU from modem is 1458
-SSTP via Wifi, I just built up for days, but seems stable

EoIP Tunnel: 2xEoIP via OVPN and SSTP
Bonding: 2xEoIP as slaves with balance-rr mode, mii disabled

The problem is, when I run the bandwidth test with UDP/1000-1400TxSize, tons of packets keep losing(see attachment). I did a little investigation, the bandwidth test is fine when I run on any of 2 EoIP individually. And I also tried Ping Flood, or use speedtest.net. All of them looks fine. I though the wifi connection was not stable, but then I found the packet will lose in both 2 EoIP tunnel(load-balancing round robin and packet-losing round robin :shock: ). I can't figure out what's wrong. Anybody got similar situation?
(p.s. I will upload my configuration tomorrow, it's midnight in my country :') )
lost_packets.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShayanFiroozi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: balance-rr Bonding on top of EoIP keep losing packets?

Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi
sometimes bonding has problem with different link bandwidth
i suggest you to use PCC load balancing with firewall mangle to reach your needs

good luck

wilsonlmh
Topic Author

Re: balance-rr Bonding on top of EoIP keep losing packets?

Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi
sometimes bonding has problem with different link bandwidth
i suggest you to use PCC load balancing with firewall mangle to reach your needs

good luck
I just tried the firewall mangle rules to route packets round-robin manually. But still surf from same problem. I guess there are some latency difference(I think only few ms) cause this problem. Since the TCP packets come with seq value, round-robin will result some packets become disordered. But nobody will help to cache it, so the terminal consider it's packets loss then ignore the lately-arrive-packets. This is only my guess, can somebody please correct me? Also, I haven't read the PCC articles. I don't know what the mechanism it is. I will continue fighting tomorrow :)