Community discussions

Nollitik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

An Official Winbox for Macs

Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:48 pm

I would like to see an official Winbox available via Apple's App Store...that way I don't need to run Apps that the developer has not registered or identified with Apple. Will the official release accomplish this?

w0lt

Re: An Official Winbox for Macs

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:00 pm

I would like to see an official Winbox available via Apple's App Store...that way I don't need to run Apps that the developer has not registered or identified with Apple. Will the official release accomplish this?
Wishful Thinking.. :)
You are preaching to the crowd... I guess at this point, a beta version of Winbox 3.4 that saves window positions and settings would be more reasonable. I can't figure out why they haven't developed a OS X client either. Even the MikroTik Gurus that attend the MUM's use MACS..
Go Figure...

-tp
MTCNA - 2011

" The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten "

ngnr
just joined

Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:07 pm

As a mac user that would be great, but let's face it, I don't think that is a priority for Mikrotik right now. However you don't have to keep running your mac without GateKeeper activated. You can authorize individual apps to be run without been signed by the developer. While holding the Alt key right click on the icon and click Open. It will warn you that the app isn't from a trusted source but it will let you accept and run it. Once you do this the app is authorized and your mac will still block any other app that comes from an untrusted source.

Another option is to disable GateKeeper, run the app for the first time and activate GateKeeper again. This way you don't have to keep running your Mac without protection.

Hope it helps.

Nollitik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:39 am

Wishful Thinking.. :)
You are preaching to the crowd... I guess at this point, a beta version of Winbox 3.4 that saves window positions and settings would be more reasonable. I can't figure out why they haven't developed a OS X client either. Even the MikroTik Gurus that attend the MUM's use MACS..
Go Figure...

-tp
Yeah...I noticed with Yosemite as well as Mavericks Apple started to serious lock out apps that have not been through their process assuring smooth operation of MacOS providing security for their costumers...my hope is that more Mac user would request Mikrotik to get this rolling out soon. No one wants to leave their computer OS open nor want to block Winbox.