Community discussions

74kumi
just joined
Topic Author

openVPN p2pVPN between Tik and Pfsense

Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:07 am

My little project is to connect 3 users from accost the US on a big LAN over a P2P-VPN, all the users will still use their own internet connection for internet instead of going through the vpn for internet. My home box is a pfsense box that i built myself and is working very well. one of the remote routers is a mikrotik and i'm starting by trying to build a vpn between these 2 then when i get that figured out ill add in another TIK. The tutorial im starting with for the pfsense box is https://forum.pfsense.org/index.php?topic=38605.0 i have the config for my pfsense box set up that way. ive tried to set up something with the TIK but some of the logic confuses me. i've tried to follow the config on the wiki for bonded openvpn server but i'm not getting anywhere. If anyone wants a xport of some config Ill do what I can. Any help would be appreciated.

here is an exported/edited config for a user to connect to the pfsense openvpn server
dev tun
persist-tun
persist-key
cipher AES-128-CBC
auth SHA1
tls-client
client
resolv-retry infinite
remote ###.###.###.### 1194 udp
lport 0
verify-x509-name "VPNUser" name
auth-user-pass
pkcs12 rock-udp-1194-VPNUser.p12
tls-auth rock-udp-1194-VPNUser-tls.key 1
comp-lzo

NAB
Trainer
Trainer

Re: openVPN p2pVPN between Tik and Pfsense

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Hi,

What is your budget for this project?
Nicholas Barnes BSc(hons)
Certified Mikrotik Consultant
Certified Mikrotik Trainer

Vitell - Asterisk, Linux and network consultants
Unofficial IRC channel: #routerboard on irc.z.je

74kumi
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:08 am

I was hoping to keep it cheap for some of my friends otherwise i would just have them get a pfsense box and do it that way, instead of Tik to pfsense. But for pricing I would like to keep their router under 100$ by using RB951G-2HnD or RB951Ui-2HnD.

74kumi
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:35 pm

bump!
Ill rephrase my question, has anyone made a bridge connection for LAN traffic only, using openvpn on a mikrotik? If so how? The wiki only says "p2p mode (refer to OpenVPN V2.1 manual page)"