Community discussions

MikroTik App

audiomation
just joined
Topic Author

Bug in /ip cloud?

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:22 am

Greetings,

I've tried using the /ip cloud dynamic-dns function. There is an 'advanced' feature that lets you say 'use-local-address'.

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:IP/Cloud#Advanced
By default, the DNS name will be assigned to the detected public address (from the UDP packet header). If you wish to send your "local" or "internal" IP address, set this to "yes"

This is supposed to use the local IP of the router, and not the WAN IP that the ddns request is coming from. However, even when I set this, confirm it's set with /ip advanced print, disable and re-enable the ip cloud function, force the cloud update, reboot the router, etc., I not only can't get the function to report my local address to the ddns server, but I still get the warning message that my router's WAN address is different than the WAN address that it's getting reported by. Well yes, I realize that, and I thought that was the purpose of the use-local-address parameter.

I am running RouterOS 6.26 on firmware 3.22 using an RB2011.

Thanks for any help anyone could provide.

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Bug in /ip cloud?

Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:46 am

please pay attention to what exactly is shown in '/ip cloud print'. When you select in advanced that local address should be used it will still display your detected external address. And in the warning show that your external address is such and such, but your local address is ...

Also, you can check with nslookup or dig what address is set for your router domain.

audiomation
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Janisk,

You are absolutely correct - thanks very much for the clarification. I wish that the cloud print included its own nslookup results. I checked nslookup as you suggested and it's what I'd expected.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

erkel
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:01 am

Ihave a further issue with this, I am using the "use-local-address" option, but it is not using the public IP address, it is using an RFC1918 address.

How does it select which address is the "local" address.

I am having issues in China, where the updates are being blocked so cannot route the IP's behind cloud.mikrotik.com directly out the interface with the public IP that it has, Can update it over a VPN tunnel though. So need to route the updates over the VPN tunnel.

Is there a way to specify which interface to consider to be the "local" interface for the cloud feature.