Community discussions

MikroTik App

laithmikrotik
Topic Author

which method of load balacing is perfect 100%

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:37 pm

hi every one ....if you have 2 internet source from 2 ISPs .the 2 internet source ( wan1 and wan 2 )differs in dns , download speed , upload speed ....etc
now , the question is/ what is the most perfect method of load balacing we must use ?
1- pcc ?
2- nth ?
3- ecmp ?

with thanks
I LIKE MIKROTIK

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: which method of load balacing is perfect 100%

Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:43 pm

If they're different offers from different ISPs, then PCC.
(keeping in mind that queues are still applied to an individual ISP's offer, so if you have 1 device making two connections, one connection will use the full of your first ISP, but not more, while the second connection will use the full of your second ISP, but not more; i.e. you can't "combine the two speeds into one")

If they're the same offers, but from different ISPs (or the same ISP delivering over two separate instances of the same offer), ECMP.

If they're multiple cables from the same ISP and the same SINGLE offer (e.g. one IP address, but with two cables from your ISP, in order to deliver a total of 200Mbps over two 100Mbps Ethernet interfaces), then nth.
PEAR2_Net_RouterOS(1.0.0b6) - My API client in PHP
(Rate my posts? If you want... no pressure...)

laithmikrotik
Topic Author

Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:09 pm

If they're different offers from different ISPs, then PCC.
(keeping in mind that queues are still applied to an individual ISP's offer, so if you have 1 device making two connections, one connection will use the full of your first ISP, but not more, while the second connection will use the full of your second ISP, but not more; i.e. you can't "combine the two speeds into one")
i can not combine the two speed into one ????!!!!!!
why?what is the secret behind this issue?
any method to combine the two lines in one line ?
thank you very much
I LIKE MIKROTIK

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:04 pm

i can not combine the two speed into one ????!!!!!!
why?what is the secret behind this issue?
any method to combine the two lines in one line ?
thank you very much
The perceived effect for the user is that you ARE combining the speeds.

It's just that in practice, when people use the internet, they use multiple connections - one for Skype, one for the first opening of facebook, a short lived one when there's check for updates, another one for each image that may exist in an update notification, etc.

So while an individual connection can't go over the speed from the ISP it was assigned to, the total bandwidth a single user consumes together with ALL of their connections can, if you let it.

The reason an individual connection can't go over your ISP's limit is in the name - Per-Connection Classifier. The entire connection, with all of its packets, is assigned to a particular ISP. Unless you're somehow using the same public IP from both ISPs, there's no way for remote devices to send back all related packets. PCC ensures all packets in the connection are assigned the same ISP, so that the connection... works.
PEAR2_Net_RouterOS(1.0.0b6) - My API client in PHP
(Rate my posts? If you want... no pressure...)

laithmikrotik
Topic Author

Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:40 pm

thank you very much for your explanaion :D :D
I LIKE MIKROTIK