Community discussions

MikroTik App

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Problems with one WiFi Client

Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm using version 6.27 (with wireless-fp 6.27 package) on a CRS125-24G-2HnD router/switch. I'm reporting this outside the 6.27 thread because I'm not sure it has to do with release 27 in particular.

I have a variety of WiFi devices (phone, cameras, Xbox, tablets and DVD players) that connect to the CRS is no problems. They all have CCQs in the range of 80% to 90% or higher and stay connected indefinitely according to the registration table and log.

I just tried to connect a Ring Doorbell to the WiFi network provided by the CRS125. It connects but it loses association within 30 seconds. The log complains of "excessive retransmissions". The signal level is very good (between -50 and -71 depending on where I locate the device and the SNR is also about 50 or better.) The CCQ is only about 8% and the HW frames are much greater than the SW frames. I've tried a variety of different settings in the MikroTik (cannot change any WiFi settings in the Ring Doorbell) with no change in the behavior (tried changing hardware protection, encryption or no encryption, b-only, g-only, b/g/n, HW retries, HW times out, etc...) I tried moving the Ring Doorbell to different locations including in the same room as the CRS. No luck. I concluded that the WiFi in the Ring Doorbell device must be faulty.....

Then I tried a different WiFi AP. I used a Buffalo AP/Router running DD-WRT v24SP2-MULTI (6/3/12). The Ring Doorbell connects to this AP and remains connected indefinitely with no errors reported and with a CCQ of 88%. The signal level is quite high (-40 to -45) and SNR is about 59. The Ring Doorbell works with no issues with the Buffalo AP.

The Ring Doorbell MAC address indicates this manufacturer of the chip (I think).
00-1D-C9 (hex) GainSpan Corp.
001DC9 (base 16) GainSpan Corp.

Does anyone know what I can do to get it working with the CRS125?

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Problems with one WiFi Client

Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:28 am

I tested a bit more, this time with a MikroTik RB mAP2n as the AP running version 6.23 using either wireless 6.23 or wireless-fp 6.23. Same result. Even when the signal level is -54 the CCQ is about 7% and the device is disconnected with "extensive data loss" after about 30 seconds. Going back to a non-MikroTik AP (like the Buffalo) things work OK.

xavierds
just joined

Sat May 07, 2016 3:35 am

Hello,

I'm having exactly the same issue with this device, did you get it working ?

Thanks

MadEngineer
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat May 14, 2016 7:25 am

Try other authentication types/ciphers in your security profile

ddejager
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun May 15, 2016 1:22 am

I did not get it working. I have the latest wireless driver on the MikroTik (wireless rep 6.35) and I observe the same problems as previously. I have tried with various encryption setting, including Open (none). I suspect that the issue may be in the Ring Doorbell device, but what is interesting is that it works reliably with an non-MikroTik AP that I use. I do observe, however that every time the doorbell makes an almost inaudible click the MikroTik logs a wireless error. With other APs, no error is logged and the association remains. This seems to happened with both the new model Ring Doorbell as well as the old Doorbot model. I've tried three different Ring devices and they all have the same behavior.