safiullahtariq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Product Recommendation

Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:24 pm

Hello All,

I hope you people are doing good.

I would like some help from you people. I am planning to purchase RB1100AHx2, reasons are as follows:

I have 3 servers; DB, Asterisk (VoIP) and NAS.

What I want to do is, setup Failover between 2 internet connections and connect servers to the router. Means 5 ports will be consumed by this.
1 port will connected to 16 port switch and almost 12 PCs will be connected to that switch.
1 Port will be connected to another RB750GL (which connects my office to other remote sites via Wireless links).

What I want to do is, I want the router to provide DHCP, DNS, Block internet (only open gmail) and I want to Prioritize traffic for VoIP for the internal network and after that, for DB server. This DB server will mirror its data to another DB server which is placed at another site.

Please suggest me that will RB1100AHx2 be a good choice ?

Regards,

Safiullah

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:10 pm

You have forgotten to write requested bandwidth and pps. Generally it will be good enough for your purposes.

safiullahtariq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Product Recommendation

Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:28 pm

Maximum bandwidth required for the DB server will be not more than 2 MB Rx/Tx for the complete day.

VoIP, I dont know because it has not been successfully setup as yet. But I dont think it will be high as maximum employees will be 50, and i dont think it will be possible that they will have 25 active calls.

Regarding NAS, its not much also, and it is not as important as the above. even if a file transfer fails due to router being busy, i will be tried again and no complain will be registered.

There might be CCTV cameras (video streaming) which is also not important which will reach 20 to 30 mbps - but that is not much issue. The stream will come from the RB750GL connecting the other remote sites.

------------

How about another request... I will have 60 users (at maximum) connected to 9 Access Points and the APs connected to RB1100. Only few things required, DHCP, DNS, and prioritize VoIP, and in a little bandwidth limitation for few IPs.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Product Recommendation

Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:19 pm

1100ahx2 is really overkilling for you. If you can afford it, there is no reason not to buy it. Otherwise 951g or 2011 would be still more powerful than you need.