MikroTik App

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Jetway Intel Atom industrial boards

Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:45 pm

Hello,

recently I have found a small board with 2 x LAN and posibility of expanding it to 3 additional LAN ports with daughter cards. The board is Jetway JNF9D-2550, probably someone here knows about it. I would like to buy a few and add level 6 licence to it but before I do all that I would like to ask few things if somebody knows...

The board contains:
1. 3rd Generation Intel® Atom Dual Core D2550
2. 2 x Realtek RTL8111EVL PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet (onboard)
3. miniPCIe and PCI ports

LAN expansion daughter card is available with realtek or intel chipset:

1. Realtek RTL8110SC
2. Intel 82541PI

Well, I guess that processor will be good for mikrotik but my main concern are LAN ports. Anybody has experience with these 3 LAN chipsets? Are they ok in 6.27?

Best Regards.

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Jetway Intel Atom industrial boards

Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:48 am

They should work just fine, but in all honesty, you are looking at about $350+shipping for the Jetway board, addon board, memory, drive, case, and power supply. At that point, you may as well pick up a CCR1009-8G-1S for $367 from Baltic Networks. It will preform MUCH better than the Atom, and it will likely last a lot longer.

Alternatively, I think the RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN will work just as well, if not better, and it will get you wireless for just $109.
David Joyce
Network & Security Engineer
Intrus Technologies, LLC.
Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

spaxton
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Jetway Intel Atom industrial boards

Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:17 am

They should work just fine, but in all honesty, you are looking at about $350+shipping for the Jetway board, addon board, memory, drive, case, and power supply. At that point, you may as well pick up a CCR1009-8G-1S for $367 from Baltic Networks. It will preform MUCH better than the Atom, and it will likely last a lot longer.

Alternatively, I think the RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN will work just as well, if not better, and it will get you wireless for just $109.
Hi,

Thanks for reply.
I know what you mean but 2011 will perform much lower. CCR1009 does not have 2 USB ports which are needed to attach 2 LTE modems. It does not have wireless and no option to add it. However, Jetway can be found in China for lower price and there are also 4 LAN boards with realtek RTL8111EVL. If LAN will work then the price is not my concern as long as it is available in China.