Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Password changed on some of my clients cpe's

Wed Apr 22, 2015 1:19 am

I have several different clients cpe that I can't get into, the password has changed somehow. How can i fix it? How can I run nexinstall to reload ROS? most are rb711 and 911 boards. Most Ros are 5.xx. I don't want to have to climb the towers to take the cpe down to i can push the button and try to netinstall. I sure miss the serial port on the 400 series.

Anyway is there a way to reset password, remotely, or Ethernet connected? I have not had good luck using netinstall on routerboards that don't have serial ports. I can't seem to get them to try to boot from netinstall computer.

I also wander how the passwords are getting changed. Is there some hack or something that will do that.

Thanks
David

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Password changed on some of my clients cpe's

Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:42 am

I guess you have tried the default credentials to login (admin and no password) in case the RBs have reset themselves. If that is not the case, I don't think it is possible to change the password without having access to the RB. Unfortunately there is no way to reset the RB without using netinstall or reset button, so you have to physically access it.
-Toni-
Don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

gcs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:20 pm

I was afraid of that. I just have a hard time getting RB's with no serial port to boot to netinstall computer.

boen_robot
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:04 pm

If you have a physical access to the RB, you can always reset it with the reset button.

Sure, you'll loose all settings, but that's the case with netinstall too.
PEAR2_Net_RouterOS(1.0.0b6) - My API client in PHP
(Rate my posts? If you want... no pressure...)