Community discussions

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Loss of link of copper ports on CCR

Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi everyone

I'm having an issue with a CCR1036 where it loses link on all copper ethernet ports after a week or so. SFP ports are unaffected luckily as my uplink is on one of those so I can get in and software reboot the system, but it does cause an outage for the local devices.

The symptoms are that copper ports simply lose link despite no changes to the servers plugged to them. The 'R' disappears from /interface print. Rebooting the box brings it back.

My firmware is old (3.10 routerboard and 6.20 RouterOS) so I'm going to update both tonight during a maintenance window, however I wondered whether anyone else had seen this issue and had any experiences they could share, please?

Cheers, Chris
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk
Colocker Data Centre - The data centre with a difference! - www.colocker.com

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Loss of link of copper ports on CCR

Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Guess nobody has seen this then? I updated to ROS 6.29.1 and Routerboard 3.22 during a maintenance window last night so fingers crossed this will fix it.

Chris
Ecom International Network - Operators of AS61337 with POPs in Europe and North America - www.ecomltd.co.uk

bigcw
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Loss of link of copper ports on CCR

Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:13 pm

Three weeks on and the problem has not reoccurred. Fingers crossed!