Community discussions

MikroTik App

acooperator
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

I sometimes face this PPPoE status Terminating... -failed to authenticate ourselves to peer.

Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:33 am

Hi everyone!

I sometimes face this 'PPPoE status Terminating... -failed to authenticate ourselves to peer.' while connected to the router wirelessly. Then, I log in to the Winbox, and disconnected, and reconnect again to PPPoE. (sometimes I had to unplug and plug the router) But it took a certain time to reconnect again when I reconnected to PPPoE via WinBox.

Although the Mikro Tik router and Modem(TP-Link in bride mode) have NOT been unplugged, I don't know what might be causing the problem. I don 't if the problem is with the Mikro Tik router or not.

This problem 'Terminating the PPPoE...' is very bad since if I am watching a video on Youtube, then when this problem happens, the internet access got disconnected, and then I will need to reload the webpages from the beginning.

When I logged in to the Winbox, and then tried reconnecting again many times, then I succeeded to reconnect again.

MoriN
just joined

Re: I sometimes face this PPPoE status Terminating... -failed to authenticate ourselves to peer.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:36 pm

same problem here, if anyone have a solution please help!

sometimes this error shows up in winbox then after 20-30sec its all ok without doing anything

ivicask

Re: I sometimes face this PPPoE status Terminating... -failed to authenticate ourselves to peer.

Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:06 am

Thats normal, im getting the same, its your ISP disconnecting the line each 24 hours to give you new IP address, at least thats how it works here.

acooperator
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:06 am

Thats normal, im getting the same, its your ISP disconnecting the line each 24 hours to give you new IP address, at least thats how it works here.
Thanks a lot, but he/she didn't state how long the error occurs. So did I.
sometimes this error shows up in winbox then after 20-30sec its all ok without doing anything

ivicask

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:10 am

Yes, it takes up to 30 sec to reconnect, thats why i have this Scheduler script runing at 3 at night when nobody is using internet.

interface pppoe-client disable pppoe-out1 ;
interface pppoe-client enable pppoe-out1 ;

So you will be care free during day so that your ISP doesn't disconnect your net.

MoriN
just joined

Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:24 pm

there is no telling or exact time when this error shows up, happens 3-4 time in 1h then works fine for few hours, or less
most of time when i'm playing so it results in disconnecting from servers and that's very annoying
could it be related to any config in Router? IP,Firewall,.....

thanks for replies