MikroTik App

gmeden
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

dropping data streams

Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Hello,
I've made some changes to my gateway to try to facilitate higher throughput , but it seems I've eased one problem and created another. I have 7 radios on the tower , all ganged through a tycon 8 port poe switch. The gateway is a ccr-1009-8g-1s cloud core router. I have eth1 thru 4 bridged with ip 192.168.254.1. The tycon switch is on the tower and is connected with cat 5 to the router port 1. Port 2 of the router is feeding a rb750 also located on the tower and fed with another cat 5 from the tower. Port 3 is connected to a in house netgear wireless router serving as a local wifi hotspot.Ports 5 thru 7 are unused while port 8 is the natted output.
I've been getting some complaints , and have seen myself , that some connections are arbitrarily dropped forcing the user to reconnect , which it does , but this is very troublesome for users requiring a continuous connection. So I'm at a bit of a loss as to why they drop and what to do to remedy the situation.
Maybe a different queueing selection , everything is pretty much default , I just set up ip addresses , nat , gateway route , dns...pretty much what I've always done. Suggestions?