Community discussions

dfi
just joined
Topic Author

PPPoE Server with Radius - connection timeout - Router Os

Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:40 am

Hi,

So I've spent weeks trying to get a basic Radius and PPPoE server set up but with only half of it working:

I have PPPoE service running and authenticating with local PPPoE user (under secrets) that works fine and a PPPoE Client can log in and have Internet access.

But when I try and set up radius server I keep getting "radius timeout" message in logs. I have been trying everything I can think of to get it working. Currently I have set Torch to log any packets on port 1812 to see them going to radius server but I don't see any traffic come through on port 1812 for all Interfaces! I'm hoping there is something basic I haven't set up for the Radius to work I have mostly followed: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Pppoe_wit ... nal_radius this tutorial.

I have also disabled the firewall on the radius server to doublesheck things. I have set up NAS with the WAN IP of my router as that is the Interface/network which the Radius server is on. I am using radius manager as the radius server which works fine with other radius clients and authentication (like from a PfSence captive portal)

Please can I have some help troubleshooting this it is driving me mad!

lambert
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: PPPoE Server with Radius - connection timeout - Router Os

Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:31 am

What does the RADIUS server say about it?