Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

joshaven
Topic Author

Odd behavior with Bridging a VLAN interface

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:21 am

I have a switch that is tagging traffic from an AP to VLAN 23 through ether1 (trunk port) to my MikroTik. When I create a VLAN 23 on ether3 (e3v23) and install the gateway IP on the e3v23 interface everything is peachy-keen. I can then create a bridge (br-v23) and add the e3v23 interface to the bridge... pings begin failing. If I move the IP address to the br-v23 interface it still fails. I tried disabling the bridge and re-enabling in case the arp table needs a jump start or something. Any advice?

By the way, I can add the ether3 interface to the bridge then create the VLAN with tag 23 & interface br-23 but this causes all traffic on ether3 to be part of the bridge. I wanted to bridge the VLAN traffic together on the router. It looks like I have to do more of the VLAN control on the switch... unless one of you have a magic answer...

I am was using 6.30.2 on a CCR... Just noticed the new 6.31 and upgrading to that didn't fix anything.

Another note... I am for testing purposes just adding a bridge and adding one port member (the VLAN interface).
Joshaven Potter
Consulting and Business Services Available http://joshaven.com

gabrielpike
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Odd behavior with Bridging a VLAN interface

Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:28 pm

Are you still having a problem with this?
Gabriel Pike
MTCNA

joshaven
Topic Author

Re: Odd behavior with Bridging a VLAN interface

Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:16 pm

Honestly, I haven't revisited the problem. I should be looking into this again soon. I see that MikroTik made changes relating to bridges and VLANSs with a recent software change so here is to hoping it was a bug that has been resolved. :D

What's new in 6.32 (2015-Aug-31 14:47):
*) bridge firewall - vlan matchers support service tag - 0x88a8;
Joshaven Potter
Consulting and Business Services Available http://joshaven.com