aitsecurity
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

manual of winbox

Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:02 pm

HI

my customers use the winbox, and they wants a manual of winbox

the routeros manual is only in commands, the customers like it, but need the manual of winbox too

Best regards
Daniel W

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:40 am

the commands in winbox are the same as commands in command line. the manual applies to winbox as well. if the manual says to type `/ip firewall filter add src-addres=1.1.1.1` then in winbox you just click on `firewall` then on `filter` then on `add` and then type the src address. it's almost identical

Eugene
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:41 am

Winbox closely resembles console command structure. As the console commands are more readable and less verbose than winbox screenshots, the manual will always discuss console.
Tout individu a droit à la vie, à la liberté et à la sûreté de sa personne.

aitsecurity
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:25 am

Winbox closely resembles console command structure. As the console commands are more readable and less verbose than winbox screenshots, the manual will always discuss console.

thanks for you anwsers, but, you know, the MK is good solution for make a Wisp, but no everybody work easy with commands, etc

really i very like work with command and see the diferrences in winbox, but my customers, no all, are old people.

really for me is hard to understand my customers, when ask about manual of Winbox, because the manual of routerOs, work for begginers,

i am CCNP, and cisco is full commands, and the people use Cisco Routers no ask about GUI interface (cisco have GUI), but the people no use it.

now, maybe a little or simple manual about winbox, is a good idea, no manual about network concepts, only the winbox very small and simple.
best regards

GotNet

Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:32 am

Ahh, "Winbox closely resembles console command structure" and "it's almost identical".

I love RouterOS, but I fall out of my chair when I see this.

Hey, water looks like brake fluid.

BrianHiggins
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:40 am

Ahh, "Winbox closely resembles console command structure" and "it's almost identical".

haha... you laughed for me :)

many parts of it do... it has just a *few* differences here and there...

now seriously,
it may have some differecs (it's not "almost identical", but it is mostly close) it's not really all that hard to figure out the command structure from winbox, or the winbox structure from the command line, they do mostly follow each other...

I dont see a need for a all out winbox manual, but an official listing of the options that are available via command line, but not via winbox would be nice... i.e. interface -> wireless ->disable-running-check...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:11 am

show me some examples where it is totally different ... i guess you won't find many, when you actualy start to look