Community discussions

MikroTik App

irjistp
just joined
Topic Author

SSTP does not work correctly

Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi all!
I have a problem with sstp, which is working between two cloud core routers: CCR 1016 and CCR1036. Each routers has a static address on a WAN interface. Connection establishing by using certificates (key size - 1024), is working good and up less 1 second. Average latency in the tunnel is about 2-6ms.
Tunnel using to routing between our offices for sharing public folders and grant access to something servers. Network addresses and connection schema are in the attachment. When users working with RDP connection or using IP phones, everything is working good, average load to tunnel at that moment, is 1-2mbit, but when someone starts downloading something, ping in the tunnel increase to 150-300ms and usually stops.
I tested tunnel bandwidth with IPerf and got a bad surprise that I was right, tunnel does not working more then 10-15 seconds. When tunnel works with bandwidth more than 20mbit, usually it freezes, any data can't be sent, but the tunnel still works and switch shows the tunnels status, as "running". Thus, each time I have to restart connection manually or wait when it will be restarted by keep alive timeout.

(P.s. If you want and need it, I can make more screenshots and excuse me for my English)

With sincerely
Georgii Volkov
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

coylh
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: SSTP does not work correctly

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:16 am

You could try turning on logging for sstp and see what the log says.

irjistp
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SSTP does not work correctly

Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:03 pm

You could try turning on logging for sstp and see what the log says.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.