Community discussions

MikroTik App

Solaris
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: 6.32.2 released

Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:51 pm

My RB1100 rebooted itself every roughly middle of the night with error
oct/07 03:08:07 system,error,critical System rebooted because of kernel failure 
oct/07 03:08:07 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown 
Ticker #2015100966000564

Nezz
just joined

Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:55 pm

Hello, I excuse my English, I am using the google translator.
I want help, I have a RB1100Hx2 v6.32.2 and today and I can not enter Winbox is very strange because I've always been able to enter without problems, can not enter the web.
When I want to enter the IP Winbox shows me a message "ERROR: could not connect to" ip "
When I want to enter the MAC winbox shows me the message "Incorrect user or password" is strange because no one has changed the user or password.
I also rebooted the router to test whether solved but I can not connect, there is a way to reset the settings or to enter?

My winbox is v3.0

Hola, disculpen mi inglés, estoy usando el traductor de google.
Quiero pedir ayuda, tengo un RB1100Hx2 v6.32.2 y el día de hoy ya no puedo entrar por Winbox, es muy extraño ya que siempre he podido ingresar sin problemas, tampoco puedo entrar por la web.
Cuando quiero ingresar por Winbox con la IP me muestra un mensaje “ERROR: could not connect to "ip"
Cuando quiero ingresar por winbox con la MAC me muestra un mensaje de “user or password incorrectos”, es raro porque nadie ha cambiado el usuario ni password.
También he reiniciado el router para probar si se soluciona pero no logro conectarme, hay algún modo de restablecer la configuración o poder ingresar?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:24 am

When I want to enter the IP Winbox shows me a message "ERROR: could not connect to" ip "
can you ping that IP? is http://IP working?
When I want to enter the MAC winbox shows me the message "Incorrect user or password" is strange because no one has changed the user or password.
try empty password (and 'admin' user with empty password)

Kraken2k
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:29 pm

*) vrrp - fix arp=reply-only;
*) vrrp - do not warn about version mismatch if VRID does not match;
*) vrrp - allow VRRP to work behind firewall and NAT rules;
How this feature actually works?

Nezz
just joined

Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:27 pm

Sí, el ping a la ip funciona, mi router tiene una IP privada y una pública a ambas el ping funciona correcto, pero con ninguna de las 2 puedo conectarme.
He probado todas las combinaciones posibles de usuario y password con la MAC pero siempre me indica que está equivocado.
Lo raro es que hasta la semana pasada he podido conectarme sin problemas, tengo backups diarios de mi configuración pero no sé cómo restaurarlos si no puedo conectarme al mikrotik.

Yes, the ping ip works, my router has a private and a public IP ping works both correct, but with none of the two can connect.
I tried every possible combination of username and password to MAC but I always indicates that you are wrong.
The strange thing is that until last week was able to connect smoothly, I have daily backups of my setup but do not know how to restore them if I can not connect to mikrotik.

Kraken2k
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Problem with router cache owerflow caused by sending traffic over IPsec tunnels (even if the router cache is turned off in the settings) still persists in this release :?

Ticket number #2015081766000633
Just for the record - I finally managed to resolve this issue on router with ~20 IPsec tunnels (same router, same configuration with disabled tunnel never encountered this problem). tl;dr version: Guess what... by turning the cache back on.

This settings had no effect in version 6.30.2. - when I opened the ticket back then, I got the advice from MT support : "turn the IP cache feature off", but it had no effect and the setting stayed there.

But turning on the route cache ( /ip settings set route-cache=yes) in 6.32.1 (I did not test the next versions yet) actually force the cache to work as it should. However if you change it on running system, this change affect the cache records from that point only - cache entries created prior to the point you turn the route cache feature on, stays there forever, until the router is restarted.

It almost looks like IPsec tunnels use router cache regardless the cache on/off settings, but if the case is turned off in IP settings, no one cares about the records in cache any more, so it will overflow in the end, causing all IPv4 traffic to stop. Turning on the cache feature forces all records to be managed by regular cache algorithm, so it works as it should.

At least... two months of random outages and half year of daily reboots is finally over.

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:03 pm

DYNAMIC DNS PROBLEM IN BUGFIX 6.32.3 VERSION

Is any1 else having problems while using the BUGFIX VERSION: 6.32.3 that sometimes/often the Dynamic DNS does not get recieved or registered?!

Meaning that the customer does not get online, cause the DNS does not work for them!

The problem seems to be fixed in ROS v6.33.5 but as 6.32.3 is supposed to be a BUGFIX version, i would STRONGLY suggest that this fix is also applied and put into a "Bugfix 6.32.4 " version ASAP!

PS. For easier use of forums:

Would it not also be better to have a STICKY/PERMANENT forumthread for whatever is the present version of: CURRENT, BUGFIX and RC version. And that had the name in forum like f.ex: "ROS "BUGFIX" VERSION THREAD(Currently bugfix v6.32.3)" and "ROS "CURRENT" VERSION THREAD(Currently: Current v6.33.5)" or something similar??!!.

Tried to search for a thread that concerned only Bugfix v6.32.3, I couldnt find it, probably just me who screwed it up, but if one can probably others too!

Cheers

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:52 am

I had this problem with older versions but it is working correctly for all my devices running 6.32.3 so far.