Topic Author

Winbox3.2 released!

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:27 pm

What's new in v3.2:

*) added Close All Windows to Session menu;
*) added New Session command to reset all session info;
*) move Exit command to Session menu and make it exit winbox;
*) added Disconnect command under Session menu that returns to connect window;
*) fixed problem where firewall rule numbers went out of sync when somebody else was moving them around;
*) support new Romon policy (introduced in RouterOS v6.35).

If you experience version related issues, then please report them to support@mikrotik.com.

Winbox is available here:
http://www.mikrotik.com/download

If you try to upgrade directly from Winbox loader and version is not available, then you might need to wait for a while until cache in path between your device and our servers is refreshed.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox3.2 released!

Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:53 pm

"X" is Close window once again, Thanks a million!

Mimahmed
just joined

Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:28 pm

Massive Update ...

Specially :
* added Disconnect command under Session menu that returns to connect window;
* fixed problem where firewall rule numbers went out of sync when somebody else was moving them around;

Thanks a Lot ..

Love Mikro Tik :)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:08 pm

What's new in v3.2:

*) added Close All Windows to Session menu;
*) added New Session command to reset all session info;
*) move Exit command to Session menu and make it exit winbox;
*) added Disconnect command under Session menu that returns to connect window;
*) fixed problem where firewall rule numbers went out of sync when somebody else was moving them around;

If you experience version related issues, then please report them to support@mikrotik.com.

Winbox is available here:
http://www.mikrotik.com/download

If you try to upgrade directly from Winbox loader and version is not available, then you might need to wait for a while until cache in path between your device and our servers is refreshed.
Ok, where can I send the flowers! Big bonus for these last adjustments. Good job! :D

Can I now ask for another adjustment that has been irritating me for years (this is actually something I asked for many years, so versions, ago. Never honored.)

Many options have pull down menu's.
Now some of these pull down menus are just to set what info is displayed, or not.
But for each field you add, or delete you have to select the option of choice and the pull down menu closes in enforcing your new field (or removal).
If you want a second option set, or removed, you have to do the same sequence again....

Now, with the ever more and more options we are getting, some pull down menu run seemingly forever..
Usually you want to remove, or add, more than one. So this mean you have to select each option in a separate action to make it available or go and after the pull down menu closes, you have to open it again to go to the next option of desire... what a lot of mouse clicks this needs, pfffff....

Why not make 'tick' boxes in front of each option that simple can be ticked on, or off, to select, or unselect a version of desire and than one "OK" or "apply" button, or just an 'enter' keystroke to implement all of your settings at once?

For instance:

In a wireless device, in the Wireless Tables, tab 'registration' list we have connected devices listed with their default columns:
Radio name, Mac Address, Interface, Uptime, AP, WDS, Last Activity (s), Tx/Rx Signal, Tx Rate, Rx Rate

That are 10 columns. But 4 (or 5) of them are not in my interest so I disable them. But I always need some others:
Distance (km), RouterOS Version, Tx/Rx CCQ (%), so I have to enable these 3 extra columns.

In total I have to right click in the window to open the pull down menu 7 (or more) times and then to select, or un-select the preferred options, that's again 7 clicks. 14 click in total and not seldom I hit the next selection so have to undo that move....

I can even give other examples where more columns are needed to change, so the even more mouse clicks needed.

Just tick boxes in front of each option would make life soooo much easier. (And maybe start than with only one box ticket by default, the name. After opening user would only have to select the other options to tick and apply and here he is, happy with his setting!

But anyway, good work so far!

noyo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:02 pm

Thanks very much for "Close all Windows". it's very good idea :)

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Can the next version save the column positions when connecting to RoMON? That would be great too..

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:24 pm

why winbox does not get portable function? i mean all files in same folder of winbox.exe and not windows "%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\Winbox" folder

abis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:43 pm

Tools - Check for updates doesn't show the new version...

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:43 pm

Tools - Check for updates doesn't show the new version...
Have you noticed the following?

raffav

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:01 pm

when winbox lost connection to device and you try to reconnect and the device is not accessible yet
you get a red erro msg and when that happens all saved address disappear and if you use master password the button change to set master password

AiroSam

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:52 am

"X" is Close window once again, Thanks a million!
+1

Thanks Mikrotik!

coylh
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:51 am

Where can I find the MD5 (or other) checksum for the Winbox3.2 download?

nishadul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:57 am

If I disable any IP of IP--> ARP list, then ARP list show (IP with MAC) D, 192.168.1.25, 00:00:00:00:00:00, ether1 why? this problem start from Winbox3.1 version with ROS x86.

soonwai
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:33 am

If I disable any IP of IP--> ARP list, then ARP list show (IP with MAC) D, 192.168.1.25, 00:00:00:00:00:00, ether1 why? this problem start from Winbox3.1 version with ROS x86.
It's a new feature in ROS.
What's new in 6.33.5 (2015-Dec-28 09:13):

*) mipsle - architecture support dropped (last fully supported version 6.32.3);
*) wireless - regular “wireless” package is now retired and replaced by "wireless-fp" and "wireless-cm2";
*) arp - show incomplete ARP entries;

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:08 am

raffav - Thank you for your report. We did just reproduce it and will fix it in upcoming Winbox versions.

Rest of you who want to give ideas to MikroTik - please send them to support@mikrotik.com

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:38 am

Just a small cosmetic issue:
On the dashboard you can add all items multiple times and they show up multiple times.
If an Item is already active, it should be disabled/grayed out in the menu and not accepted for addition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tetecko
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:43 am

Why is exit in session menu? It was only one click to close winbox window, now you must click two times, thats annoying :-(

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:50 am

docmarius - Thank you. We are aware of it and it is reported to developers.
tetecko - We can not make sure that everything can be done with single click. Why do not jut use "X" to close Winbox?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:57 am

It was only one click to close winbox window, now you must click two times, thats annoying :-(
Single-click close is still possible... :)
2016-03-10_105647.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Rest of you who want to give ideas to MikroTik - please send them to support@mikrotik.com
Done, hope to get an answer.... :)

tetecko
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:00 pm

tetecko - We can not make sure that everything can be done with single click. Why do not jut use "X" to close Winbox?

Some of us don't use microsoft :-)

I have OSX, and CrossOver, so press X do nothing, and if I want to close I need to press cmd+fn+F4. Have Exit on left side was so much nice for me, as I open/close dozens of winbox windows in time. Just one click to close, just one click to create new one.

I stay on 3.1 now and will wait if there will be more people which like to put exit back.

btw, is there any reason for not to have it on left side?

kez

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Nice update!

Please, add a button "ADD FILE FROM..." and "SAVE FILE TO..." in "File List", so Wine Users/Non-Windows User could Download/Upload files to/from Mikrotik routers.
The drag'n'drop support isn't always available at Wine.

Thanks!

nishadul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Nice update!

Please, add a button "ADD FILE FROM..." and "SAVE FILE TO..." in "File List", so Wine Users/Non-Windows User could Download/Upload files to/from Mikrotik routers.
The drag'n'drop support isn't always available at Wine.

Thanks!
If possible you can use Copy and Paste

abis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:47 pm

I have OSX, and CrossOver, so press X do nothing, and if I want to close I need to press cmd+fn+F4. Have Exit on left side was so much nice for me, as I open/close dozens of winbox windows in time. Just one click to close, just one click to create new one.

I stay on 3.1 now and will wait if there will be more people which like to put exit back.

Here I'm agree with tetecko, I think more comments was about that Quick Set, to put it in a separate package... I do not think that Exit has upset someone.... :roll:

And yes, is there any reason for not to have it on left side?

Best regards!

k3dt

Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 pm

+1
We use Winbox on OSX too and Exit button in the left menu is simple&best solution.

smarco
just joined

Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:31 pm

+1

+1
We use Winbox on OSX too and Exit button in the left menu is simple&best solution.

acung
just joined

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:34 am

Hi Mikrotik,

Using winbox 3.2, i can't connect to romon anymore. Error: Router does not support RoMon. RoMon router rb750g ver 6.34.2

scampbell
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 am

AVG again !!! Grrr. Why does this keep happening I wonder ? Perhaps AVG have some shares in another vendor starting with U :-)

srabonmas
just joined

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:50 am

Thanks very much for "Close all Windows". it's very good idea :)
How to close all windows on winbox areas???

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:58 am

scampbell - We did report this to AVG. They told that Winbox will be whitelisted. You should upgrade/update AVG and test it.
srabonmas - Go under Sessions/Close All Windows
Rest - Yes, there was Exit button in past. Now it also is there under session menu. If you want to have one click solution then why do you not use "X"?
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 8d#p526145

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:28 am

strods

Can developers please add the ability to reconnect to disconnected mac-telnet sessions by pressing [enter] in the disconnected mac-telnet window.

This saves quite a bit of time as you don't need to locate the remote device in neighbors again.

flom
just joined

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:42 am

Using winbox 3.2, i can't connect to romon anymore. Error: Router does not support RoMon. RoMon router rb750g ver 6.34.2
+1
I can't connect to RoMON on any router anymore (tried with RB751G 6.33.1 and two RB951G 6.34.2) with WinBox 3.2. I can, however, connect to the same router directly. What is strange, this only happens on one PC, the other one with the same winbox version is working fine.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:05 pm

nz_monkey - It is already like that.
flom - Please write to support@mikrotik.com with problem description and supout files. We do not have seen any RoMON problems lately. Maybe on your user profile romon policy is not enabled?

Genkun

Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:44 pm

I like the new setup. Do you want to know how many times I have accidentally clicked exit when all I wanted to do is "New Winbox", the amount of sessions lost, the amount of windows that needed to be reopened, the amount of IP's to track down again, before 3.1, it made many headaches.

And I'm running windows so top right red X is my friend. Apple has a top left red circle so perhaps if your on linux you should program yourself a red X or Circle to appear on the wnbox overlay window/app if you don't have one

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:36 pm

We can not make sure that everything can be done with single click. Why do not jut use "X" to close Winbox?
in WinBox v2, pressing 'X' almost never saved current session, so it is MikroTik who taught us to press 'Exit' ;)
so please return it back...
You become responsible forever, for what you have tamed.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:40 pm

why i get this message in all my installations i try to connect to romon with v6.32?
i dont have this problem with v6.30

Grickos

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:25 pm

does not work with v6.34.2 and 6.34.3

raffav

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:32 pm

all my RB is ok on the RoMon is ok
in rc26 with winbox.3.2

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:49 pm

Works for me in all versions I'd use: 6.33.2, 6.34.2, 6.34.3, 6.35rc9 rc10, rc12,rc19

otgooneo
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:17 pm

Please add possibility to change default data folder "D:\Winbox" instead of "C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\Winbox". It`s useful for real-time syncing

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:35 pm

Please add possibility to change default data folder "D:\Winbox" instead of "C:\Users\....\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\Winbox". It`s useful for real-time syncing
+1

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:21 pm

+1
+1 ;-)

Grickos

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Works for me in all versions I'd use: 6.33.2, 6.34.2, 6.34.3, 6.35rc9 rc10, rc12,rc19

Works for me with all versions ROS, but "ROMON" not working. Works only with v6.35rcXX

tetecko
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:59 pm

We can not make sure that everything can be done with single click. Why do not jut use "X" to close Winbox?
in WinBox v2, pressing 'X' almost never saved current session, so it is MikroTik who taught us to press 'Exit' ;)
so please return it back...
You become responsible forever, for what you have tamed.

indeed

bring exit back! :-)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:45 pm

What is wrong with it? I have all winbox versions exe files together with all saved data in my own documents / mikrotik / winbox folder and it works without any problems.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:57 am

What is wrong with it? I have all winbox versions exe files together with all saved data in my own documents / mikrotik / winbox folder and it works without any problems.
You might be right. But explain how exactly you do this.
I have loads of (version) files in my C:Users\Rudy\AppData\Roaming\Mikrotik\Winbox folder.
Can I just move these to my dropbox folder for instance?
How do I then point a winbox program to these?
What about the separate folders I made to store all these files this default folder also talks about?

And what about the "Save as" or "New" options in the loader?
And what about the "export" and "import" function?

I never could find time to understand how all these functions and options would work and how and when they are to be used.

All I want is when I save a router in the "Managed" list the same list will pop up in the loader on any other PC that I open, even when another users opens it.
All PC's have the same dropbox folder syncd.

A good explanation would be nice.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Works for me with all versions ROS, but "ROMON" not working. Works only with v6.35rcXX
strods already specified:
Maybe on your user profile romon policy is not enabled?
So Winbox 3.2 only connects via RoMON to ROS >= 6.35 and only with users that have romon policy enabled on their System > Users > group

Kudos to Mikrotik, Great feature for improved RoMON granularity access!!

nishadul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Just a small cosmetic issue:
On the dashboard you can add all items multiple times and they show up multiple times.
If an Item is already active, it should be disabled/grayed out in the menu and not accepted for addition.
I think dashboard items not necessary to show multiple times.

nishadul
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Left and Right button of Mouse same work in winbox 3.2 version, I think right button work need stop. what is your idea?

buhaha
just joined

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Hi Mikrotik,

same issue with romon

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:25 pm

@buhahah please read two posts back

greek
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:10 pm

Please, turn back "Exit" button. It's very useful button, one of main in paradigma of Winbox managment (all functional buttons in one place, at left). Or do it as configurable option.

ps: [X]-button at top-right is no comfortable for me.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:54 am

nz_monkey - It is already like that.
Hi Strods,

That does not seem to be the case.

I just tested this in Winbox 3.2 I opened the Neighbors window, connected to a Neighbor with mac-telnet and rebooted it. When it came back, I pressed [enter] numerous times in the (Disconnected) Mac Telnet window, and it made no attempt to reconnect.

Thanks,

Andrew

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:56 am

Breaking backwards compatibility with RoMON was not cool :(

acung
just joined

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:42 am

Breaking backwards compatibility with RoMON was not cool :(
Mikrotik can't wait till ROS ver 3.5 become stable hahaha

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:16 am

As we have mentioned before, for those who are not being able to connect to devices through RoMON - please check if user has policy "romon" enabled.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:39 am

Sorry, I have overlooked a bit. I thought that the files in the winbox folder are the configuration and the saved device list files. Unfortunatelly it is not so.

Mikrotik, can you enable by some settings in the winbox to move all the necessary files to the folder where the winbox.exe is placed?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:55 am

To use RoMON, for now, if you have Winbox 3.2 then you should use latest RouterOS (6.35rc at least) where for user policy "RoMON" is enabled.

We will try to implement compatibility so it would be possible to also connect to older RouterOS versions.

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:52 pm

Can you provide a Winbox 3.1 link meanwhile?
Or withdraw 3.2 from updates?
Winbox must work perfectly with the lastest bugfix version.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:22 pm