*) lcd - fixed security screen did not show ip addresses on ccr;
*) netinstall - fixed link negotiation for different sfp modules;
*) ppp - fixed ppp crash;
*) queue-tree - improved nested queue limit calculation;
*) ssh - fixed crash on failed scp read;
*) winbox - allow to set multiple dh-groups;
*) winbox - do not show fan statuses in passive cooling CCR1009;
*) winbox - fixed typo in "echo reply";
*) winbox - fixed unset options in /routing ospf interface menu.

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as suspected or after crash.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: v6.34.3 [current] is released!

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:41 pm

Don't know about this version but yesterday played with a ROS v.6.33.2 running rb1100AHx2's ventilator setting and found I could set temp treshold setting and something else that after an upgrade to 6.34.2 (so presumably also 6.34.3) is not possible anymore....
Since I see the winbox fix in regarding the fan statuses info it might be an idea to check all fan related issues...?

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Update problem.
Given:
mAP lite 6.34.2, latest FW 3.29
Config very basic, just bridge ether1 and wlan1 and dhcp client on bridge1.

PROBLEM:
After standard update procedure ( packages update via winbox 3.1) from 6.34.2 to 6.34.3 mAP lite does not accept DHCP server offered address. (i general any address)
I also noticed that DHCP is being offered to another MAC address than originally as i had it reserved.
Original: 4C:5E:0C:14:58:61
After update requested from/offered to: 4C:5E:0C:14:58:60
Cannot access AP now to pull the plug and verify solution on second mAP lite

Solution:
Unplug and plug back LAN cable into mAP lite.
I had this issue with 2 mAPlite's
Beware of doing this update if you cannot access mAPlite physically to unplug/plug LAN cable.

ditonet
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:39 pm

CCR1036-12G-4S after update to v6.34.3 lost all IPSec settings.
Configuration is empty, even default values.
Also is not possible to create new IPSec config using Winbox, SSH or terminal :shock:
Terminal gives output:
action timed out - try again, if error continues contact MikroTik support and send
a supout file (13)
EDIT: After router restart everything is OK.
EDIT2: After 18 hours of work same situation :( , all of IPSec settings disappeared and all VPN tunnels don't work.

Regards,
Last edited by ditonet on Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Update problem.
Given:

PROBLEM:
After standard update procedure ( packages update via winbox 3.1) from 6.34.2 to 6.34.3 mAP lite does not accept DHCP server offered address. (i general any address)
I also noticed that DHCP is being offered to another MAC address than originally as i had it reserved.

Solution:
Beware of doing this update if you cannot access mAPlite physically to unplug/plug LAN cable.
Have you set administrative mac address for the bridge? If not, do it.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 pm

6.34.3 made about 30 seconds on my office MikroTik CRS-125 unit. Installed it, rebooted and connected to ADSL2+ as expected, but the vast majority of websites would not load (including Microsoft sites, all Mikrotik websites including this forum site and even https://thunderbolttechnology.net/blog/ ... oes-it-all) and various apps worked whereas others failed (Remote desktop worked, Dropbox was working, Skype for Business would not connect, Skype, however, connected fine.

I performed a DNS cache flush with no change to the issues. I rebooted the MikroTik again with no improvement, so I downgraded to 6.34.2 and everything worked as before and as expected.

I'd strongly recommend people not use 6.34.3 if they like Internet connectivity and wait for the bugs to be fixed and 6.34.4 to be released.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:53 pm

You should rather create supout file and send it to support. It looks like some MTU problem maybe. Pity that you haven't tried to remove the configuration and set up the router again.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:56 pm

I'll also add to this that my Dude server (CHR, running virtualized on my network) which was working perfectly when the gateway CRS-125 was running 6.34.2 could not connect to the MikroTik site to check for updates when running 6.34.3 on my CRS-125, but immediately connected fine when I downgraded to 6.34.2.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:58 pm

Why would I want to remove the configuration and set up the router again? How would this be possible for the (numerous) MikroTik devices I support remotely?

I'm happy to reload 6.34.3 and create a supout file, then restore to 6.34.2 to send it - there's no way I could send it whilst running 6.34.3 as the Internet connection is so unusable.

I'll wait and see if Krisjanis wants the supout file and do this if it will help them.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:18 am

Jarda,

I decided to do as you suggested now before waiting for Krisjanis to rise from his (no doubt well-deserved) slumber. :)

I have reloaded 6.34.3, seen the same issues, created and saved off a supout.rif file, then fondled the Max MTU settings and it now seems to be playing much better. I was previously using a Max MTU of 1464 which worked perfectly. I have since tried a few smaller ones and found that 1446 now at least allows the Internet connectivity to work again under 6.34.3.

And having a look at the supout.rif that was generated, it looks like there's an issue with the Max MTU - most definitely - as it was set to "1500" in the supout.rif file which was not what I was previously using. So it looks like the PPP Max MTU in the upgrade process is changed from that which was set by the user. This is not good as it means that remotely updating routers may result in broken Internet connectivity and the inability to fix this remotely. :(

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:39 am

Oops, double post - look below...
Last edited by HiltonT on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

JorgeAmaral
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:40 am

6.34.3 fail importing capsman backup

capsman access-list lost the enable / disable options through cli

Edit: this issue is with wireless-fp, with wireless-cm2 it´s ok
lost_disable.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JorgeAmaral on Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:44 am

OK, even that seems to be incorrect. :)

supout.rif **only** exports the first 2 * PPPoE CLIENT interfaces and therefore fails to show my active PPPoE CLIENT interface which happens to the the third in the list That makes supout.rif creation pretty damned useless. :(

Now, having said that, if I go back to 6.34.2 and set the Max MTU to 1446, my Internet connectivity is flaky. it is fine at 1464 (which is what it was running at previously). If I copy over the 6.34.3 package and upgrade, upon reboot the Max MTU is still set at 1446 and Internet connectivity is still flaky.

So it *does* look like an MTU issue, but the creation of the supout.rif file won't help MikroTik diagnose the issue as it doesn't actually generate enough of an output based on the actually configured interfaces to help them.

Krisjanis, can I suggest that you modify the code that creates the supout.rif file so that it actually exports the configuration of all defined interfaces, not just, for instance, the first 2 * pppoe-client interfaces? That would help you guys greatly when it comes to trying to diagnose issues through the supout.rif files. Also as previously discussed on another issue (ie, the memory leak in the CHR code that has since been fixed) saving some more log info into the supout.rif file would also be beneficial.

End result: I am running 6.34.2 here now and will continue to do so as it is more stable than 6.34.3 and I am not willing to run this upgrade on any client site using pppoe in case the pppoe connectivity issue discussed here and above rears its ugly head and takes them off the Internet.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:42 am

Oh, it seems that a nice feature of Winbox 3.2 is that it will no longer connect to RoMON on routers running 6.34.2. :(

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

v6.34.3 [current] is released!

Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:12 am

HiltonT, there is never safe update. That's why you are making the tests, no? And you are not doing any updates until you have positive reason for it, right? There is no justification to blindly install every new version that mikrotik produces. If you have time and resources to help mikrotik with beta testing, they are always happy to receive the supout from the bad situation together with the supout from the good situation and with as good description they might get from you. Mostly they are able to see and reproduce the problem and start to work on the correction. Sometimes it may happen that they are not able to reproduce the situation on their devices so they ask for access to your devices to see the problem directly and even to make the ros fine tuning directly on your devices / testing lab.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:28 am

6.34.3 is in the "Current" channel. That's not beta. I'm running a number of 6.35 RC systems which are the "Release Candidate" channel and expect different issues with those - and am communicating with MikroTik on various issues found and fixed in the Release Candidate channel. I don't expect "this release breaks your Internet connection" issues with "current" releases.

Production users/systems should not be the unknowing beta testers for a commercial company.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:53 am

This is the point of view difference. I consider everything to be beta. When I think I need to update, I make my own tests In my lab and then deploying very carefully to reachable devices first. Once on twice per year.

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:41 am

6.34.3 is in the "Current" channel. That's not beta. I'm running a number of 6.35 RC systems which are the "Release Candidate" channel and expect different issues with those - and am communicating with MikroTik on various issues found and fixed in the Release Candidate channel. I don't expect "this release breaks your Internet connection" issues with "current" releases.

Production users/systems should not be the unknowing beta testers for a commercial company.
You don't seem to be an experienced person working for a long time in the industry...

I'll give you an example not related to Mikrotik products at all. I'm currently working for a company developing database-related software product. When it comes to upgrade, most of our customers do internal testing on their dev/QA environment, then move to UAT environment and do even more testing, then finally deploy it to production environment. Testing usually takes weeks (sometimes a couple of months). And the bigger the customer, the longer and more pedantic testing they perform. Even if there's a real issue on production, and the upgrade is from one minor version to the following minor version with the only bugfix solving their specific problem, they will always ask a support for a possible workaround, and still go the full cycle of internal testing. And this approach is not specific to how they handle our product, such approach is considered a best practice for any kind of software product in use.

Back to Mikrotik. RouterOS is so versatile that it is not really possible to test each and every configuration before the release. You should NEVER expect your particular configuration to work flawlessly with a particular version of RouterOS. ALWAYS test first before the upgrade; test it twice when it comes to a core devices in your network.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Oh, it seems that a nice feature of Winbox 3.2 is that it will no longer connect to RoMON on routers running 6.34.2
Winbox 3.2 "honors" a new user group policy: RoMON. To connect using Winbox 3.2 via RoMON ROS need to be >= 6.35

Per 6.35 changelog:
*) users - added separate RoMoN policy (Winbox v3.2 and above required);

estdata
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:56 pm

Test by IPTV tehnology with multicast, Please, Not solved problems!

Miracle
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:19 pm

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ active cooling but now lost fan speed and psu status

Basdno
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:05 am

I agree with many of the other posters above here, own lab test is a must whenever we want to deploy new software!

But I just wanted to point out regarding Mikrotiks release chains now with separate chains for different stages of developement, that CURRENT chain IS effectivly their BETA CHAIN!

They did this separation in release chains exactly because we the users demanded a better and more safe bugfix approach! And they answered!
Now we can argue about the labels/names of the chains like others have done, but as soon as you know wich to use, you also know what to expect of stability from each version in each chain!

In MY HEAD the release chains translate approximatly like this:

Legacy= Well explains itself, for old Routerboards that cant handle newer ROS.

RELEASE CANDIDATE chain = ALPHA TESTING = of BRAND NEW features, solutions and bugfixes in ROS = NEVER USE IN PRODUCTION unless you like the adrenaline of living on the edge! ;D

CURRENT Chain = Effectivly BETA TESTING = Polishing of new features, solutions, and bugfixes. It CAN become Bugfix-version at some point in refinement of version = Only us in production AFTER EXTENSIVE TESTING on lab/non critical and easy acessible routers! If you after the testing find it to be stable, and see little complaints on Forum, then you may CONSIDER to use it on production routers if you feel confident to do so.

BUGFIX ONLY Chain = Considered as STABLE version = ONLY adding BUGFIXES between versionsnumbers, NO NEW FEATURES! = This version is the one that you should generaly use on production envirnoment! I personally STILL TEST EVEN these versions BEFORE i upgrade my production routers from one bugfix release to the next! But these are the versions that you theoretically could use as default auto update on production routers, and generally should not encounter new problems because of it! But as I said, I personally would do a test before I unleash ANY version on my production envirnoment, and especially critical routers!

Generally I have noticed that these forums also give you a hint about the stability of a ROS version!

Well, that was just my 2 cents on the subject! ;)
Have a lovely weekend everyone! :)

redskilldough
just joined

Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:11 pm

When my pppoe connection gets disconnected and reconnected, the ipv6 dhcp client gets stuck 'renewing' and does not obtain new ipv6 addresses and prefix. This problem is present with all the 6.34 releases.

I'm using the bugfix release, 6.32.4 now.

ViREnG
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:37 pm

on version 6.34.3 , like 34.2 Still have PPP service Crash problem .
after about 10 hour , random users connected to PPPoE server lost their running and stuck on ppp clients list .

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+
Last edited by ViREnG on Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Boardsurfer
just joined

Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:08 pm

I've run into a pretty weird issue with the 6.34.x releases on a CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ and a CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD. It first happened when I upgraded the CRS from 6.34 to 6.34.2, and then again when upgrading the CCR from 6.34.2 to 6.34.3.

When this first happened to the CRS I went to System -> Packages and initiated a download and install of the new firmware. The CRS downloaded the firmware and rebooted like normal, but I couldn't hear a boot beep after that and it never came back on the network. So I got off my chair, walked over to the living room and took a look at the device.

The LCD displayed the MikroTik logo with "routerboot" underneath, which I believe you'll normally see for a second or two at the start of a successful boot. Link and activity indicators were flashing and everything looked pretty normal, except for the fact that the LCD screen was stuck on the "routerboot" stage and of course that the CRS was not passing traffic and completely unresponsive on the network.

I first thought that maybe there was some kind of mandatory routerboot upgrade or config change going on (hadn't bothered reading the patch notes since these are my private test devices for home use), but once I had waited for about 10 minutes or so (got a cup of coffee) I decided to just pull the plug and reboot the device. Once again it froze on the "routerboot" stage. I was about to go get a console cable but decided to first try and unplug the device and leave it unplugged for 2-3 minutes (sipping coffee) before powering it on again. Lo and behold, the CRS came up like normal. Nothing in the logs, no autosupout, it was like nothing had gone wrong at all.

Now if this had only happened that one time, to that one CRS, I might write it off as a random fluke. It happens. But today I went to upgrade my CCR, also via System -> Packages, and the exact same thing happenes. After downloading the firmware the CCR reboots and then hangs on the "routerboot" screen. Link activity lights are flashing, everything looks fine, but the CCR is not responding. So I go through the same procedure as with the CRS (minus the coffee this time), I unplug and wait for about 10 seconds, plug it back in, it hangs again, I unplug and wait for a couple of minutes, plug it back in, everything is fine. No relevant log entries, no autosupout.

Has there been some kind of intentional change to routerboot lately that could be the cause of this, or am I just having bad luck here? I guess I should have hooked up a console cable right away, but unfortunately I didn't have a null-modem cable handy for the CCR. The CRS and the CCR did have one thing in common, they both had a MikroTik-brand SFP (S-35LC20D) plugged in during the upgrade. It was the same SFP too, I had moved it from the CRS to the CCR before the upgrade.

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:46 am

In MY HEAD the release chains translate approximatly like this:

Legacy= Well explains itself, for old Routerboards that cant handle newer ROS.

RELEASE CANDIDATE chain = ALPHA TESTING = of BRAND NEW features, solutions and bugfixes in ROS = NEVER USE IN PRODUCTION unless you like the adrenaline of living on the edge! ;D

CURRENT Chain = Effectivly BETA TESTING = Polishing of new features, solutions, and bugfixes. It CAN become Bugfix-version at some point in refinement of version = Only us in production AFTER EXTENSIVE TESTING on lab/non critical and easy acessible routers! If you after the testing find it to be stable, and see little complaints on Forum, then you may CONSIDER to use it on production routers if you feel confident to do so.

BUGFIX ONLY Chain = Considered as STABLE version = ONLY adding BUGFIXES between versionsnumbers, NO NEW FEATURES! = This version is the one that you should generaly use on production envirnoment! I personally STILL TEST EVEN these versions BEFORE i upgrade my production routers from one bugfix release to the next! But these are the versions that you theoretically could use as default auto update on production routers, and generally should not encounter new problems because of it! But as I said, I personally would do a test before I unleash ANY version on my production envirnoment, and especially critical routers!

Generally I have noticed that these forums also give you a hint about the stability of a ROS version!
I can live with those definitions. I'm just so used to (many years, decades actually) of where a Beta is called a beta, not current. And Alpha is called Alpha, not Release Candidate (after all, "Release Candidate" generally means "if we find no bugs in this, this will be the next release - hence the name "Release Candidate"). :)

But yup, I can live with those definitions even though they don't follow any standard industry meaning of the terms.

Having said that, all the info I gave above about 6.34.3 breaking PPPoE connections is still valid.

Also, the info in the release doc regarding WinBox 3.2 doesn't anywhere mention that WinBox 3.2 won't work with the older (is, non-alpha) implementations of RoMON.

Have a great week, now the weekend has left us all in the past...

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:43 pm

Update problem.
Given:

PROBLEM:

Solution:
Have you set administrative mac address for the bridge? If not, do it.
Not working.
There is really something strange with this release.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:07 pm

If you have dhcp client active on the bridge and it actually asks the dhcp server with different mac, it means the mac had changed. The mac on bridge can be changing when no administrative mac is set to it. Once you set the administrative mac, it becomes "fixed" for the bridge and all its ports. Re-check it once again. If no luck, make supout and send it to support, let them investigate what went wrong in your case.

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:52 pm

If you have dhcp client active on the bridge and it actually asks the dhcp server with different mac, it means the mac had changed. The mac on bridge can be changing when no administrative mac is set to it. Once you set the administrative mac, it becomes "fixed" for the bridge and all its ports. Re-check it once again. If no luck, make supout and send it to support, let them investigate what went wrong in your case.
I understand about MACs, but the question and problem is that it DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY IP given/offered by DHCP server :/
DHCP times out on offering IP.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Isn't there any mac conflict in the network? Does mac ping work in both ways? Any firewall rule Coul be blocking that?

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Re:

Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Isn't there any mac conflict in the network? Does mac ping work in both ways? Any firewall rule Coul be blocking that?
After countless tests and resets its seems to be faulty hardware.
It was not accepting any IP and after i took tried wobbling LAN connector it just accepted IP ....
It seems that Scwarzeneger methods for dealing with computers work ... you just have to kick it hard enough ;)
IP is accepted but after reboot not accepted again .... crazy sh^&&t

MAC ping:
timeout
timeout
0ms
timeout timeout
0ms
timeout
timeout

Nice stuff with this mAP Lite ....
MAC ping working. Reboot. DHCP IP not accepted, mac ping not working. .... and all this without even touching router or wires ... :/ Pull out, put back cable, hit a little .... everything starts to work.... reboot .... NOT working again WTF ......
Maybe my mAP Lite is masochist and doesn't work without whip and other BDSM extras?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:17 pm

Hard to help you more remotely. Try to reset without any config and set the dhcp directly to the ether port. Then try to make a bridge and move the dhcp client to it.

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Re:

Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:22 pm

Hard to help you more remotely. Try to reset without any config and set the dhcp directly to the ether port. Then try to make a bridge and move the dhcp client to it.
I already did that too .... i even don't see this router on neighbours list ... all filter rules are disabled. Default config loaded.
Now its pinging but link speed on eth1 is 10mbit :D
Yes, tried changing cables, ports, etc ... switch is 1Gbit HP.
There is definitely something wrong with mAP lite itself :(

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:31 pm

I meant not to load any config. Then set the dhcp clients on maybe each port and to move the cable from one to other. Also try other devices to test the port auto negotioation. Last option is to netinstall the ros. If it does not help, you should return it to the dealer.

rtlx
just joined

Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:59 am

Small bug in console:
MikroTik RouterOS 6.34.3 (c) 1999-2015       http://www.mikrotik.com/
It was released in 2016 ;)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:04 am

I guess that intellectual property doesn't need to be marked by these old fashioned marks. But if someone thinks so...

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:43 pm

I meant not to load any config. Then set the dhcp clients on maybe each port and to move the cable from one to other. Also try other devices to test the port auto negotioation. Last option is to netinstall the ros. If it does not help, you should return it to the dealer.
For 99% it seems that there is a problem with 6.34.3 release using mAPlite
Got fresh mAPlite from dealer.
Original image 6.30.x
Remove all config.
Put dhcp client on ether1
update to 6.34.3 via winbox ==> CRASH .... dhcp client does not accept IP address anymore, cannot connect with inbox using mac too!

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Small bug in console:
MikroTik RouterOS 6.34.3 (c) 1999-2015       http://www.mikrotik.com/
It was released in 2016 ;)
What's new in 6.35rc29 (2016-Mar-14 15:30):
*) console - update copyright notice;
already fixed in RC :)

ALDISBEHMANIS
just joined

Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:18 pm

WOW!
If you use built in magnet to attach mAP Lite to something metallic (as expected by design) then expect anything but not working and stable system.
Avoid using magnet to attach your mAP Lite.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:00 pm

is it v6.34.3 problem? can you reproduce it on v6.35rc? :)

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:34 pm

It's a hardware problem apparently. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... t=mAP+Lite

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:03 pm

It's a hardware problem apparently. http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... t=mAP+Lite
Thanks, cap! You apparently missed the point. I'm pretty sure Chupaka meant there's no point in reporting hardware-related problems in a branch dedicated to a particular software release.

mainTAP
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Hi all,

Justo to report that after upgrading RB951G-2HnD to 6.34.3 , IPsec/L2TP VPN stopped working .

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:40 am

Hi all,

Justo to report that after upgrading RB951G-2HnD to 6.34.3 , IPsec/L2TP VPN stopped working .
upgrading from what version?

for example,
What's new in 6.34 (2016-Jan-29 10:25):
*) ipsec - fix phase2 hmac-sha-256-128 truncation len from 96 to 128
This will break compatibility with all previous versions and any other
currently compatible software using sha256 hmac for phase2;

HiltonT
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:00 am

Oh, it seems that a nice feature of Winbox 3.2 is that it will no longer connect to RoMON on routers running 6.34.2
Winbox 3.2 "honors" a new user group policy: RoMON. To connect using Winbox 3.2 via RoMON ROS need to be >= 6.35

Per 6.35 changelog:
*) users - added separate RoMoN policy (Winbox v3.2 and above required);
What's new in v3.3:

*) added back 'Exit' button;
*) show all managed entries on Reconnect failure;
*) make mac winbox work more reliably (makes possbile to connect to RB850);
*) make RoMON work with RouterOS older than v6.35

MikroTik acknowledged this bug I reported above. :)

Neovr

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:20 pm

board-name: CCR1016-12S-1S+
version: 6.34.3 (stable)

If i change vlan master interface, vlan stop working!
After reboot, vlan working on new master interface correct.
When vlan stop work, vlan have RX but no TX traffic,
enable\disable vlan or master interface or ip on vlan, do not have any result.
When vlan stop work, ping on ip on vlan network say - no route to host.

deejayq
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:01 pm

*) queue-tree - improved nested queue limit calculation;
is there any improvement in queue tree being assigned to a single core in a multi-core router?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:10 pm

is there any improvement in queue tree being assigned to a single core in a multi-core router?
is it with parent=global or parent=<interface>?

deejayq
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:13 pm

is it with parent=global or parent=<interface>?
global :|
my topology prevents me to use interfaces as parents.

nickjail
just joined

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:54 am

hello,
after adding dns

/ip dns static
add address=192.168.88.1 name=router

additional sector writes ~3000 per day

bryans2k
just joined

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:46 am

I don't know when it broke but in 6.34.3 netwatch reports everything as down and never comes up unless I disable/enable all netwatch's.

bryans2k
just joined

Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:51 am

Also, the following was posted on 6.32.4:

vrrp - make sure that VRRP gets state on bootup;

It isn't verifying state on boot in 6.34.3. I have an Ethernet interface VRRP with preemption disabled/default 100 priority on both which attempts to take master unless I disable it in a startup script and enable it a few seconds after boot.

kam66be
just joined

Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:04 am

Hello,

After update to v6.34.3 (x86) , PPP coming crazy, connections either ovpn or pptp unable disconnect as expect,
No matter idle timeout or session timeout set, not working,
Even I do try remove selected active connections from winbox, it will come back after refresh!
Please focus on this issue!

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:26 am

As far as we know all problems with PPP should be fixed in latest 6.35rc version. If you upgrade and still experience issues, then please send supout file from your device (6.35rc) to support@mikrotik.com

Manfred
just joined

Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:10 pm

Hello

Still having Problems with the OVPN - Server with the V6.3x.x Versions connecting non Mikrotik OVPN - Clients.

Problem 1:
After connect, there is always a for me unexplainable Erromessage appearing in the Routerlog.
OVPN_LOG.jpg
Problem 2:
The "Local Address" defined in the Secret for the Client is no more attached to the OVPN - Client as Gateway.
SECRET.jpg
TUN0_6.34.3.jpg
As You can see, the P-t-P Address at the Client is the same as the "Remote Address".

As this worked without any problems with f.e. ROS V6.27 the question is,
what has been changed to the OVPN - Server to make this going wrong ?

Btw,
the problems exist with any non Mikrotik ( Linux, Windows, ... ) OVPN - Clients !

Manfred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ufm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:31 pm

As far as we know all problems with PPP should be fixed in latest 6.35rc version. If you upgrade and still experience issues, then please send supout file from your device (6.35rc) to support@mikrotik.com
Do you plan to release 6.34.4 with this bugfix?

grusu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:05 am

On 2011UAS v6.34.3:

[admin@MikroTik-VF] > /system health print
voltage: 1106.5V

Same value in winbox.
Same after reboot.

bartjoo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:54 pm

Hello, i got a problem with this latest version (6.34.3) and x86.
I work with proxmox and mikrotik x86 installed. Never got problems until i updated to this version.
Every night the Mikrotik server reboot the system at 6 am for a fresh new start ;)

With this version (6.34.3) the ether1 is not always coming up after a scheduled restart.
not with dhcp client (he didnt got a ip adress,) and not with a static IP.
But its not always a problem. thats the strange thing of it.

i restart the server 10 times and 2 times he fails, 8 times it goes right.
When i cant connect to the server with ip, i reset the virtual machine and works again.

someone knows what this could be?
Greetz
Bart

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:10 am