- upcoming MUM schedule

Download the newsletter here:
http://mt.lv/news71

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:27 pm

Pretty nice news.
But LHG should be ac and with gigabit ethernet.

Liodakis
Trainer
Trainer

Re:

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:56 pm

Pretty nice news.
If you need AC and gigabit Ethernet, just choose DynaDish.

LHG Cost only $59. It's Low End Device

paoloaga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re:

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Pretty nice news.
+1 !!!

djdrastic

Re: Newsletter 71

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:17 pm

I like the design on that LHG5 , but I haven't bought a non AC P2P now for yonks.We can run tighter channels on AC and get decent speeds results for our small branch offices.

Can I just get a confirmation.Can the Metal 52 AC work in 2 bands at the same time when functioning in AP mode ? From what I can tell from the brochure it only works in one at a time ? I'm sure it can but just want confirmation as it looks almost perfect for a new site we have to do in the near future.

I'll make some comments regarding the LHG5 a bit later on.

marcin21
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:04 pm

In my opinion LHG5 is gonna be another missing the point device..
- this DISH will COLLECT SNOW , didn't anybody think of it while designing??? LIGHT SNOW/freezing rain and there will be a PROBLEM!
- 802.11an without AC on BACKBONE?
-100mbps port on BACKBONE?
did time has go back while I was sleeping?

soulflyhigh
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:28 pm

In this MikroTik newsletter:

- new low-cost 5GHz 24.5dBi CPE/backbone LHG 5, $59
Finally!!!! :D

djdrastic

Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:11 pm

OK regarding the LHG5 , I can't really see us using this at all.Most of our old SXT links have been changed with either QRT 5AC or stuff similar stuff from other manufacturers.I have to admit it's a bit strange launching a non ac 5ghz p2p product in 2016.

I think for us and I'm sure there are many others like us , we need something more like the AC-ISO from the competitor.
So pretty much AC,20+DBI,Gigabit and some form of RF isolator to help reduce neighbor interference.

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:06 am

Hi
I'm liking the LHG 5 from a cost perspective (gather it does well for ~3km-4km links based on TX pwr?)..
Love to see a LHG 5HPacn version or using the same platform and kick it up a notch to the 24 GHz ISM band using the same antenna for higher gain(nice way to enter a new market area in 24GHz WiFi).

I really like the Metal52ac and will get me one for my test toolbox.. Might even swap some of my existing Metal2's installs, to these units, noting I need a suitable dual band antennas to flick across from 2.4 to 5.8

The hAPac unit is also nice. I had just brought a stack of hAP lites(RB952Ui-5ac2nD) a couple of months ago, but the new hAPac unit with the addition of proper triple chain and the SFP slot(Use a lot of fiber here at work) would have been a great option.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Re:

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:23 am

Pretty nice news.
If you need AC and gigabit Ethernet, just choose DynaDish.

LHG Cost only $59. It's Low End Device
DynaDish is $179,- list price. That is almost 3,5 times as expensive. That doesn't justify the chipset.....
DynaDish is a nice device, but waaaaay to expensive.

In both devices I am wondering how they perform in heavy congested spectrum. The radio module might be centred in the focus of the dish, but will still be hit by wave energy from a side from other 802.11 transmitters.

But I'm eager to hear the first comments based on real experiances of the LHG's... price is interesting for sure...

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:28 am

I can sure see use for the LHG -- in fact, I will probably want some well before they are being shipped by distributors here. But the device appears to be a Sextant-killer -- I no longer see anything the Sextant can do that the LHG can't do at half the price. Or am I missing something? (Note: snow load is not an issue here in the Arizona desert.)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:39 am

For us the LHG could be a nice add-on for low priced, but high gain (for distant clients) CPE antennas. Up to now we deployed some QRT's or Dynadish to reach some distant client that still needed high signals to stay out of the spectrum clutter. I can now buy 2 o 3 LHG's for the price of one Dyna or QRT.

The 'ac' missing is indeed a bit weird. Why stay on a platform while we all move up? How much would the extra be for the chipset? 10$??
Fast ethernet or Giga. As the unit probably mostly will be used as CPE a gigabit port seems over the top. Worse, installers have much more issues in deploying gigabit cables, plugs etc. than fast ethernet. By all means, how many of you guys really have many clients connected to 100Mbps networks?
And if you are the one, than probably you can spend the extra (= the client can) for a proper QRT of Dyna.
This is all off course when the unit is used for CPE deployment. Using it for backbone is a different story. But then I would not depend my backbone on a simple plastic designed unit. How about off-angle interferences?

The NetMetal always have been a mystery to me why that hit the market. Which country allows such high 2,4Ghz power? And who wants to use such high power on a single chain device? With less power but dual chain you can do the same.
And then we had problems with the 4 units I ever bought. After running at highthrougputs each of these crashed. 2 send back for RMA and did the same later on... so I have 2 (or 3/4. have to check) for a friends price.... if any is interested?

the hp AC seems a nice little beast to me. For indoor use the triple chain might work out well, 3x1 mimo still is better than 2x1 for most laptops, tablets etc. Better change for a better signal. The price is a bit high though, but ok, it seems to be a high end unit. And with MT ROS it has its advantage!

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:47 am

I can sure see use for the LHG -- in fact, I will probably want some well before they are being shipped by distributors here. But the device appears to be a Sextant-killer -- I no longer see anything the Sextant can do that the LHG can't do at half the price. Or am I missing something? (Note: snow load is not an issue here in the Arizona desert.)
I fully agree.
Two issues though:
1. Like someone else said, snow, but also dust, will set onto the honeygrate mesh. Snow is not my problem neither (almost desert here in Spain, snow is a rare event) but dust is. Many units over time collect thick sticky layers of dust. But I'd presume that's a lesser effect on the electromagnetic wave reflection.
And now I'm writing. We have seen the sun over times breaks down a lot of things. The plastic brackets from SXT's, Sextants all become bridle over time and break easy. We've had a hail storm 2 years ago that ruined several SXT's. Some where just broken off their standard brackets. So, how will this dish held out after 5 years in one of the most sunny areas of Spain where we are?

2. Interference. I agree on another editor (and myself again) that has to be proven how they'd perform.

To battle all, snow/dust/sun and interference it might have been an idea to have a small thin metal dish deployed onto the plastic. So the plastic will give it its strenght and the metal reduces side energy penetrations and also protect the sphere from direct sunlight....

Spirch
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:55 am

- RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT-US (USA) is factory locked for 2412-2462MHz, 5170-5250MHz and 5725-5835MHz frequencies. This lock can not be removed.

- RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT (International) supports 2412-2484MHz and 5150MHz-5875MHz range.
which one will be available for Canada?

and also when is it normally available after the newsletter? already, days, weeks, months?

domingotorres
just joined

Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:58 am

-- LHG 5
What would be the maximum distance in ptp?

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:01 am

[quote="Spirch]and also when is it normally available after the newsletter? already, days, weeks, months?[/quote]Well, that is up to two parties: Mikrotik and your dealer. We have seen items in the past that in the end never made it to the street...
But here in Europe I usually count on 2 to 4 months before some product really become available. And when it is a very good, long waited for, product, not unusual the dealer show all available items already reserved (by some big time buyers I'd presume...)

So by all means, I would be suprised to see any of these in real before the summer....

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:04 am

-- LHG 5
What would be the maximum distance in ptp?
http://www.mikrotik.com/test_link.php
But by all means. Spectrum is important. Interferences? FLOS is imporant. Several factors come in respect.
And also what capacity would you be looking for? The bigger the distance, the weaker the signal, the smaller the s/n ratio, the lower the connection rates, the less traffic can pass....

But for free LOS and 10Mb of effective traffic I would guess out of my hand 10, 15, maybe 20 km?

isolnet

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:34 am

Price range good
Performance after use because dyna dish disappointed :(

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:35 am

which one will be available for Canada?
Canada is not the USA, so International, of course :)
but also dust, will set onto the honeygrate mesh
the holes in the grid are quite big, dust will have no place to settle on the thin grid
The 'ac' missing is indeed a bit weird. Why stay on a platform while we all move up?
It has a 10/100 port, so 802.11ac has no big benefit. The cost is lower than some SXT models. This is for super low cost rural installations where speed is not a requirement, but cost.

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:45 am

Can I just get a confirmation.Can the Metal 52 AC work in 2 bands at the same time when functioning in AP mode ? From what I can tell from the brochure it only works in one at a time ? I'm sure it can but just want confirmation as it looks almost perfect for a new site we have to do in the near future.
Both bands at the same time??? With just one antenna feed??? :) No - one or another.

dg8ngn
just joined

Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:22 am

Does the RBMetalG-52SHPacn support 5 MHz or 10 MHz channels in 802.11b/g/n-Mode (2.4 GHz) or 802.11a/n-Mode (5 GHz) ?

djdrastic

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:03 am

Both bands at the same time??? With just one antenna feed??? :) No - one or another.
Thanks , didn't notice the single antenna feed.
Sadface.
Won't be using them then :(

Liliya
just joined

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:32 am

In the 911 Lite 5ас brochure (http://i.mt.lv/routerboard/files/911_li ... 114517.pdf) there are also operating frequencies 2412 - 2484 MHz, 2412 - 2462 MHz. Are they really supported?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:33 am

In the 911 Lite 5ас brochure (http://i.mt.lv/routerboard/files/911_li ... 114517.pdf) there are also operating frequencies 2412 - 2484 MHz, 2412 - 2462 MHz. Are they really supported?
Looks like a copy mistake. Will fix soon

lcrhea25
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Normis are yall planning a LHG 2ghz version? That would be perfect for my 2ghz clients who need a stronger signal!!

DmitryAVET
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:00 pm

Will be nice to see new version LHG (for example, LHG Pro) with:
1) gigabit interface
2) aluminium construction, not plastic

More price, but more quality and experience. Plastic is not seriously.

marcin21
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:55 pm

but also dust, will set onto the honeygrate mesh
the holes in the grid are quite big, dust will have no place to settle on the thin grid

But SNOW!!! freezing rain? these are common weather conditions in our region. Why make so unusable in our region device? IS it gonna be Afrika device only?
I can't imagine 100s calling customers after night snowfall. It is pathetic...
The 'ac' missing is indeed a bit weird. Why stay on a platform while we all move up?
It has a 10/100 port, so 802.11ac has no big benefit. The cost is lower than some SXT models. This is for super low cost rural installations where speed is not a requirement, but cost.[/quote]

So why go backward? You pointed it to be BACKBONE solution, backbone of what? Other manufacturer deploys NxN solution on one dish antenna, I'd call it BACKBONE solution.
In my opinion this device is 5years to late on the market. either change it to be nice APC with AC and It could than do something on the market or abandon this project :)

best wishes.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:18 pm

It has a 10/100 port, so 802.11ac has no big benefit. The cost is lower than some SXT models. This is for super low cost rural installations where speed is not a requirement, but cost.
I don't understand why people think a ac radio is no use when the ethernet connection is only 100/100Mbps.
ac radio just performs better than an. In a network with several units it performs better when they are all ac then when they are all an. Even though your maximum througput will never reach 100Mb duplex.... Even with ac that will be a big task.... The extra costs of the chipset wouldn't make the unit much more expensive I'd presume...

I agree on the backbone. Maybe in remote dark africa it has some use, not in our modern world with high demand.
We are replacing all our backhauls for high gain shielded metal dish antennas. Like Jirious or other that have metal drum shields to protect from outside signals. But ok, now we talk 4 times the value compared to the LHG5......

ryanturner
just joined

Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:11 pm

The RBLHG-5nD is listed as supporting a 5150MHz-5875MHz range. Here we've exclusively used Mikrotik equipment due to is supporting up to 5920 MHz and being able to do narrow channel widths -- we use them licensed FCC Part 97. This product could be a great replacement to our currently recommended Metal 5SHPN and grid dish, but it's not listed as supporting the frequencies we need.

Can the RBLHG-5nD be configured to operate up to 5920 MHz, maybe at the cost of performance?

spacemind
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:55 pm

In my opinion LHG5 is gonna be another missing the point device..
- this DISH will COLLECT SNOW , didn't anybody think of it while designing??? LIGHT SNOW/freezing rain and there will be a PROBLEM!
- 802.11an without AC on BACKBONE?
-100mbps port on BACKBONE?
did time has go back while I was sleeping?
There is no snow here, lhg5 looks better than SXT lite 5, 24 dbi dish. Great price.

Sxt lite is makes 90 mbits/sec half duplex with nv2 in 4km link, so this one should be very good for long distance cpe.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:39 am

The hAP ac is a rock star, wow. However, I need a RB3011 type configuration (10 port). Is that in the works?

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re:

Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Pretty nice news.
i don't think its make much sense.
because both AC and gigabit - mean Much more powerful and expensive SoC/Processor and trancievers(many chains of. and 2 or even 3 band of) 1Gbps imply more than 2x core SoC(and/or more powerful cores, than presently used MIPSBE 32-bit or A7/A9 -based ARM and freescale PPC legacy), like already anounced Qualcomm and Mediatek chips(Marvel slightly shifted release and Freescale aswell(broadom focused on slightly-boosted "legacy" chips for short-term releases too)).
which imply - several Time MORE expensive device than it was.
but thats important part of "chicken or egg" dillema, cuz without powerful, but inexpensive gear - you can't have fast enough and cheap enough internet and MikroTik in my opinion - one of key players here. in some regions - Dominating COMPLETELY(including some Pacific, Asian regions, Russia/CIS and African countries).
my point is: trick is to Balance things "within budget", maintaining "sweet spot" between price and features, performance.
and so far MikroTik did well, bit lagging with more powerful processor, seriously restricting then to new markets(and pricy Tilera chips - didn't breakthrough here because budget, despite being nice tools for mid-sized and big companies).

so far i was more like things like HAP AC, HEX, simple, cheap, fast(enough).
put there RB3011-alike processor and maybe bit more flash and RAM and it will be okay for awhile and then you can grow things incrementally, eg packing 4x core version of chip, packing 4x4x4 , 6x6x6, 8x8x8x trancievers and etc and/or start adopting 2Ghz+5Ghz+60Ghz combo finally.
practically-talking ALL biz isn't about "making revolution" despite being relying in "innovations"(not in tech-sense only of it) a lot, but about incremental, steadying, careful Evolving of both products, company and ajaced/relevant market/eco-system/community aswell as impacted society.

DmitryAVET
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:55 pm

because both AC and gigabit - mean Much more powerful and expensive SoC/Processor and trancievers(many chains of. and 2 or even 3 band of) 1Gbps imply more than 2x core SoC(and/or more powerful cores, than presently used MIPSBE 32-bit or A7/A9 -based ARM and freescale PPC legacy), like already anounced Qualcomm and Mediatek chips(Marvel slightly shifted release and Freescale aswell(broadom focused on slightly-boosted "legacy" chips for short-term releases too)).
Ha-ha... i don't think so.

Actual CPU like QCA9531 can provide more than 400 Mbps in duplex mode.

Week ago I was testing SXT Lite 5 and Lite 5 ac as Point-to-Point Bridge. In duplex mode with NV2 you get stable link with ~170 Mbps real data in duplex, avg CPU load is only 39-40%. So, with low-cost QCA9531 you can get 400+ Mbps upstream/downstream or same speed total in duplex.

LHG 5 have only Fast Etnernet with 100 Mbps upstream/downstream. I dont talk about 1 Gbps, because more powerfull CPU not enougth to get 1 Gbps) To get 1 Gbps you need something like airFiber with two dual polarized antennas - one for upstream, other for downstream. Like Nstreme Dual on different frequencies)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Pretty nice news.
Price difference between SXTLite5 and SXT Lite5ac is only 10usd in MT list price. Add another gigabit port for 5uds and we talk 15usd difference.
This is MT's price list. In real the differences will be less.

So, same chipsett and cpu of SXT Lite5 ac could still make a cheap LHG but with ac and with Giga! The ulitmate CPE for mediate to larger distances...

DmitryAVET
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:10 am

Pretty nice news.
Price difference between SXTLite5 and SXT Lite5ac is only 10usd in MT list price. Add another gigabit port for 5uds and we talk 15usd difference.
This is MT's price list. In real the differences will be less.

So, same chipsett and cpu of SXT Lite5 ac could still make a cheap LHG but with ac and with Giga! The ulitmate CPE for mediate to larger distances...
As usual client have less than 100 Mbps
LHG with Gigabit will be nice for Enterprise-level CPE or powerfull Point-to-Point.

paoloaga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:41 pm

AC would be more important than gigabit, so the access-points can be set to only-AC, and not A/N/AC.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:39 pm

AC would be more important than gigabit, so the access-points can be set to only-AC, and not A/N/AC.
Indeed. Gigabit is nice (but cheap) but as CPE I don't see a lot of usage for it...
ac is more interesting, not only can AP set as you say, ac under same conditions just performs better then 'n'. And if signals are good enough AP can 'tlak' with ac cpe and handle-off his tasks faster to leave more cycle-time for others.

paoloaga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Indeed. Gigabit is nice (but cheap) but as CPE I don't see a lot of usage for it...
ac is more interesting, not only can AP set as you say, ac under same conditions just performs better then 'n'. And if signals are good enough AP can 'tlak' with ac cpe and handle-off his tasks faster to leave more cycle-time for others.
Totally agree. Is there any chance we'll see an LHG 5 ac ?

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:30 pm

LGH 5 maybe very cheap but is really of no use to us when you cannot adjust vertical axis and I cannot believe its held onto a mast with 2 jubilee clips?

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:32 am

LGH 5 maybe very cheap but is really of no use to us when you cannot adjust vertical axis and I cannot believe its held onto a mast with 2 jubilee clips?
Well, that's a bit looking for irrealistic negatives.
The SXT and SEXTANT range come with the same fixed (and plastic) vertical axis. Although the LGH has a smaller beam, it will also be used at larger distance. Just by some rubber filler or whatever you can tilt the antenna a little up or down if needed.
Why would it not held on a mast on 2 jubilee clips? If tightend good nobody in the world will be able to twist it. Something will break. Much better than the plastic binders some of the other stuff came/comes....

Probably what we al agree;

LGH is cheap CPE with high gain.

What we all want is:
ac chip
faster cpu
gigabit port
better fixing/ vertical adjusting
Closed antenna design => no snow and dust etc...
Now Mikrotik will say; "We have that; it is called "DynaDish"".

And now we all have to shout; "DynaDish is waaaay too expensive. Half the price and indeed its a winner device!"

:D

DmitryAVET
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:43 am

To enable Only-AC, all CPE must support them.
NV2 is the best way in mixed network.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:28 pm

Well, that's a bit looking for irrealistic negatives.
The SXT and SEXTANT range come with the same fixed (and plastic) vertical axis. Although the LGH has a smaller beam, it will also be used at larger distance. Just by some rubber filler or whatever you can tilt the antenna a little up or down if needed.
Why would it not held on a mast on 2 jubilee clips? If tightend good nobody in the world will be able to twist it. Something will break. Much better than the plastic binders some of the other stuff came/comes....

Probably what we al agree;

LGH is cheap CPE with high gain.

What we all want is:
ac chip
faster cpu
gigabit port
Now Mikrotik will say; "We have that; it is called "DynaDish"".

And now we all have to shout; "DynaDish is waaaay too expensive. Half the price and indeed its a winner device!"

:D
No I am not just pointing out the negatives about this product as every product has some negatives !

But as everyone knows higher gain antenna = tighter rx/tx beamwidth so alignment is more critical, inserting rubber or whatever to adjust the vertical is unthinkable for any installation?

And unless the jubilee clips are stainless they will rust in no time and simply break,

Hopefully Mikrotik will give us the option of purchasing "better fixing/ vertical adjusting" ..............................
Similar to mANT30 PA vs mANT30

And yes Dynadish is too expensive

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:49 pm

Hopefully Mikrotik will give us the option of purchasing "better fixing/ vertical adjusting" ..........
Or we can just wait for RF Elements to do it, like they have for everything else.

paoloaga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:32 pm

To enable Only-AC, all CPE must support them.
NV2 is the best way in mixed network.
Indeed, it means I shouldn't use LHG as CPEs if I want to keep Only-AC setting. Of course I use NV2 protocol over it.

paoloaga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:34 pm

What we all want is:
ac chip
faster cpu
gigabit port
I think that the most important things are:

- AC chipset
- Vertical adjustment

It would be good even if it's $20 more expensive than now.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Hopefully Mikrotik will give us the option of purchasing "better fixing/ vertical adjusting" ..........
Or we can just wait for RF Elements to do it, like they have for everything else.
Currently testing RF Elements horn antenna and while almost everything is well built, using a snap on cover similar to SXT
is very disappointing also their 30° Sector does not appear to be 30° ????

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:20 pm

What we all want is:
ac chip
faster cpu
gigabit port
I think that the most important things are:

- AC chipset
- Vertical adjustment

It would be good even if it's $20 more expensive than now.
How about offering a pro-version of LGH but much cheaper than DynaDish

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:28 am

Currently testing RF Elements horn antenna and while almost everything is well built, using a snap on cover similar to SXT
is very disappointing also their 30° Sector does not appear to be 30° ????
?? I don't know but the cover of the RF E's horns are more robust thant the SXT ones. And although I only once had an SXT its flap opened by a 2cm thick hail stones storm I never have these going open by itself anymore. We have some 600 of these out in the field now.... The flap of the RF-E to me looks even more robust so I don't expect it ever to go open by itself. (I don't know how they would resist the relentless uv beating here in SE-'sesert-like'Spain over a prolonged time. ....)

And why do you believe their 30° Sector does not appear to be 30°? (http://www.rfelements.com/assets/Upload ... P-5-30.pdf)
You think the diagrams are beside the truth? Did you measure that?
We have a 30° horn (30dBm rb922UAGS-5HPac 18dBi) where we first used a SXT-ac SA (31dBm+60°+14dBi) or a SEXTANT (30dBm+15°+18dBi) and the horn gives better signal at the client at distant in the hartline as more signal at a client at some 15° angle. And although we don't have a good way of measuring the noise supression by the horn (no scan on ac!) the connections to all clients are much more stable as before and we have higher connection rates. At least one or two rates up compared to the other MT products...

But this was about the LHG and the other stuff in the news letter. How come we now discuss the RF-Element range of products?

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:59 am

But this was about the LHG and the other stuff in the news letter. How come we now discuss the RF-Element range of products?
Because they seem to have an obsession to create adjustable mounts for nonadjustable Mikrotik products. Lucky for me, in many cases.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:07 pm

To be honest, LHG is made as simple and lightweight as possible, to keep the cost affordable for everyone. We also have DynaDish and QRT that have more advanced mounting options.

The LHG has a 5 degree angle adjustment insert, can be used to tilt up or down:
costarica30.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:25 pm

To be honest, LHG is made as simple and lightweight as possible, to keep the cost affordable for everyone. We also have DynaDish and QRT that have more advanced mounting options.

costarica30.jpg
Aha, interesting! That will work.

By all means, the price gap between LGH 5 and DynaDish/QRT is way to big. Its 3 times more. We need a unit -in-between- or bring the price of the Dyna down. You'll see sales pickup inmediately!

karina

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Fanstastic news. no more bolting sxt's to satellite dishes. Can't wait to get some here in Spain

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:54 am

Fanstastic news. no more bolting sxt's to satellite dishes. Can't wait to get some here in Spain
Where in Spain RU?

karina

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:31 am

Cannot believe so many are saying it needs this it needs that. You are missing the point. Its a cost effective solution for longer range connections where an SXT is not good enough and the next step up is too expensive. It fills a perfect niche. You get what you pay for and this is a nice package for the price. Mikrotik understand the WISP world is struggling to compete with big telco. every buck saved helps us keep an edge. So what if its held on the pole with two Jubilee clips. You want a better clamp you pay more.

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:29 pm

Actual CPU like QCA9531 can provide more than 400 Mbps in duplex mode.
its only possible if you run it in "dumb" configuraton, stripping off all sane firewall rules, options and routing config, no vlan for you not tunneling.
which is possible frankly-speaking only in corporate invironment, not in ISP setup(unless its your Home CPE. then its becom you and Only you problems, legally-speaking)
going fastpath and fasttrack - speed up things a bit further, but even with that - that not reach 1Gbps yet, but close to.
so far in sane configuration AC and AX wifi - need Really powerful process to drive/power it. and radios for that - become more complex too, actually, more channels, bands, but more sophisticated HW and FW - improve things even for legacy modes a lot, especially for long links.
thats one of reasons why xBSD and L-UX - based forks within hand-made x86 routers(in slim/shut mITX, STX cases with ext PSU) put beside/after MT bridges - become popular combo for WISP. price/performance ratio, you can't put CCR in some places( both budget and size-wise)/setups.
similarly xBSD and L-UX BRAS setup also popular among entry-level ISP for fiber and copper enpoints too, btw.
thats slowly evolved in most of as i can see, but idea remain popular for same reason i guess.
Last edited by Zorro on Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:47 pm

I don't want to negative and must welcome the unit but it has shortcoming in that a 24dB antenna has 8° max tx/rx beamwidth so from center its 4° and if you put a fixed 5° angle adjustment you could have positioned the antenna outside maximum power beam ?

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:54 pm

Cannot believe so many are saying it needs this it needs that. You are missing the point. Its a cost effective solution for longer range connections where an SXT is not good enough and the next step up is too expensive. It fills a perfect niche. You get what you pay for and this is a nice package for the price. Mikrotik understand the WISP world is struggling to compete with big telco. every buck saved helps us keep an edge. So what if its held on the pole with two Jubilee clips. You want a better clamp you pay more.
We would be happy to pay more for better axis alignment if and when it becomes available!

UncleJupiter
just joined

Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:20 pm

Normis, I do not think it is useful that insert. How can we tilt the antenna degree by degree looking at the received signal live?
I know it is a CPE and not a PTP but the HPBW is 7°, so we must point the antenna! What happens if the AP is more than 5° + 3.5°=8.5° up?

Just to be clear, I was awaiting this device for years! In the last months I even was thinking to switch all the CPEs (and BS) to the competitor ... nut I'm disappointed looking at the bracket :(

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:01 am

Normis, I do not think it is useful that insert. How can we tilt the antenna degree by degree looking at the received signal live?
I know it is a CPE and not a PTP but the HPBW is 7°, so we must point the antenna! What happens if the AP is more than 5° + 3.5°=8.5° up?

Just to be clear, I was awaiting this device for years! In the last months I even was thinking to switch all the CPEs (and BS) to the competitor ... nut I'm disappointed looking at the bracket :(
I totally agree and as i have pointed out alignment is critical in higher gain antenna's - its a pity they haven't offered as optional extra a good two axis heavy duty bracket

UncleJupiter
just joined

Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Normis, could you tell us what is the distance between the two brackets behind the LHG?
Maybe we can recycle the Ubi-bracket in order to tilt the antenna but we should know if the "minipole" is long enough to tight the two LHG brackets.

This is the Ubi-Bracket:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Łukasz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:45 pm

Normis, could you tell us what is the distance between the two brackets behind the LHG?
Maybe we can recycle the Ubi-bracket in order to tilt the antenna but we should know if the "minipole" is long enough to tight the two LHG brackets.:
The distance is about 74mm.
I am not sure that this bracket can hold LHG in a strong wind.

Normis, for what is 4 holes in the center of dish LHG?

Zorro
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:43 am

its time to consider to be ready for AX i think.
which mean shift from 2x core to 4x core SoC within even low-end stations and routers. even low-freq ARM(coolest option was ARM A35 4x chips. A32 had ~ same powe budget and size, price, but Notably slower) or MIPS64, PPC(OpenPower9 chips quite lightweight, seems and cheaper than PPC was before).
and low-end option become 1004k MIPS32 chips they 2x-4x core and thanks to HT had 4x to 8x streams respectively("virtual cores" like on x86) which provide considerably boost and cost nearly as A9 ARM chips and 74k/1074k chips(especially from Mediatek).

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:20 am

I think it's more likely we would see Qualcomm IPQ

letabawireless
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu May 05, 2016 1:37 pm

Maybe not entirely related, but spectral scan missing on AC makes the units very unappealing to us. We have high noise areas (shared among other WISPs) and we have to stick with normal a/n for our back haul, as we cannot get to see where is open space for 80mhz. We have recently started implementing Mimosa B5c with some very good results, and it also has a continuos spectral scan running. Such a pity, Mikrotik, please can you do something about it ? We actually have 6 AC Basebox collecting dust because of this.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 06, 2016 11:42 am

Maybe not entirely related, but spectral scan missing on AC makes the units very unappealing to us. We have high noise areas (shared among other WISPs) and we have to stick with normal a/n for our back haul, as we cannot get to see where is open space for 80mhz. We have recently started implementing Mimosa B5c with some very good results, and it also has a continuos spectral scan running. Such a pity, Mikrotik, please can you do something about it ? We actually have 6 AC Basebox collecting dust because of this.
I can only agree 200% with you. We are in the same boat although not (yet) went to other provider for our backhauls. We fit an extra SXT 'n' unit in the direction to do scans.

Then also to say, most backhauls are running better on 'n' anyway then 'ac'. Same units, same power, same frquency and on 'n' QoS is better and sustained conn. rates are at least one level higher.

We only have one backhaul link no running on 'ac' with 80Mhz wide channel which is off course not possible with 'n'.

All our other backhauls are kept at 'n' and in some instances we'd prefer to use two full redundant links with OSPF simulated duplex traffic. (one uplink in 10Mhz with 20Mhz downlink, or 20/40 links...) Works good although it give more puzzling in finding free channels...

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon May 09, 2016 10:16 am

I just hope that the next version of the hap ac will get at least 32MB of NAND.

nassim
just joined

Fri May 13, 2016 6:46 pm

This has just come to the Brazilian Market, has anyone used this product already, it sounds like a really good deal. We plan to use it in a metropolitan region in a PTMP with a non ac CPE. For us this is great.
Did anyone install this product in a metropolitan region and has some data to share: throughput, CCQ, etc.