Community discussions

MikroTik App

proximus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: v6.35.4 [current] is released!

Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:29 am

Why, please explain us why is the dynamic addres-list option read-only now? All scripts broken. Need to rollback. And no workaround nor alternatives, how should it be done in order to keep big address lists dynamic without flash writing?
Ya, I fought this for a while since it broke all my scripts, too.  You can omit "dynamic=yes" (the command isn't even available anymore) and just include "timeout=xxxx" and it will work just fine.  The address-list entries will continue to be dynamic.

I had an exchange with support over this.  My take is that some users were using "dynamic=yes" and not specifying a timeout.  I never tried to see if this would even take.

I think this was handled very poorly by MT.  To just eliminate an existing command with no explanation was not in anybody's best interest.  Why not just have a check where if dynamic=yes was entered, it had to be followed by timeout=xxxxx, if it wasn't there then command string would be rejected.  Much better solution than breaking people's stuff.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: v6.35.4 [current] is released!

Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:40 am

Version 6.36 [current] has been released:
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... 88#p548188