Community discussions

MikroTik App

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

New features in Dude RC

Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Please post feedback on the new features added in the latest RouterOS v6 release candidate branch. Simply upgrade RouterOS to the RC branch.

- Dude configuration interface in Winbox (Requires latest Winbox version 3.7)
- Dude configuration interface in Webfig
- Maps are viewable in web mode.
- Now any RouterOS device can be used as The Dude agent. It does not require the Dude server package and separate login.
- Old agent section removed from client.
- AES encryption method for snmp v3

You can also now get device Dude status from the RouterOS command line, and will be able to use this in scripting (run scripts based on device status from Dude)

Also please test the Dude package and microSD card support in the new hEX devices: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Th ... X_RB750Gr3

- Dude agent functionality: no package needed, just upgrade to latest RC, works on all RouterOS devices
- Dude server functionality: dude packages for TILE, ARM, x86 and MMIPS (CHR installations already include Dude by default) here: http://www.mikrotik.com/download

rjscomms
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: New features in Dude RC

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:01 am

Upgraded my CHR to the latest RC version. Opened winbox to find.....Dude menu!

So far so good. Very nice work. Lots of information presented in standard winbox format.

Confirm that the network map is visible in webfig.

I still need to try the agent functionality. Little bit confused on that.

Great job, thanks.

pachy

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:41 am

- Now any RouterOS device can be used as The Dude agent. It does not require the Dude server package and separate login.
Hello
Any router device ?
So hex lite is concerning ?
Hap ac lite too ??
Thank you ;)

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:50 am

I tested the new Dude on CCR and had used memory of 250MB. Any chance to run this on hex device ? I don't see if this are caches or real used memory.
Hex has 256MB.

pachy

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:54 am

I tested the new Dude on CCR and had used memory of 250MB. Any chance to run this on hex device ? I don't see if this are caches or real used memory.
Hex has 256MB.
It works on hex gr3 with USB stick or micro sd.
Seems There are some bug but it's RC ;)

npero

Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:47 am

Anyone know how to make
- Maps are viewable in web mode ??

I look on wiki but I don't have that option in rc31.
Thanks.

rjscomms
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:43 am

Anyone know how to make
- Maps are viewable in web mode ??

I look on wiki but I don't have that option in rc31.
Thanks.
I just logged into dude server using webfig, then Dude --> Network Maps, then single click on entry in the table.

npero

Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Thanks, I don't try to click on map name in table :) it is working.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:41 am

I'm not sure I understand the point in duplicating configuration between the Dude client and Winbox.

I'm wondering if there is possibly a plan in place to entirely replace the Dude client with Winbox? Then this move of settings would seem to make more sense. With configuration now in Winbox, it seems there is very little in the Dude client that cannot be done through Winbox/Webfig.

alexspils
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:39 pm

is there possibility to get device list in down/partially down/acked state from api?

pietroscherer
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:54 pm

Please post feedback on the new features added in the latest RouterOS v6 release candidate branch. Simply upgrade RouterOS to the RC branch.

- Dude configuration interface in Winbox (Requires latest Winbox version 3.7)
- Dude configuration interface in Webfig
- Maps are viewable in web mode.
- Old agent section removed from client.
- AES encryption method for snmp v3

You can also now get device Dude status from the RouterOS command line, and will be able to use this in scripting (run scripts based on device status from Dude)

Also please test the Dude package and microSD card support in the new hEX devices: http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Th ... X_RB750Gr3

- Dude agent functionality: no package needed, just upgrade to latest RC, works on all RouterOS devices
- Dude server functionality: dude packages for TILE, ARM, x86 and MMIPS (CHR installations already include Dude by default) here: http://www.mikrotik.com/download
Hello Normis,

It's possible to have a page of changelogs for Dude? Like we have today in http://www.mikrotik.com/download/changelogs

robo9
just joined

Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:17 pm

I've installed the last 6.39rc7 release, but I'm still unable to see the devices status with the "/dude device print" command. I still see only the device name.
Any tip? Thanks, Roger

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Maybe try /dude device print detail?

robo9
just joined

Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:19 pm

@Chupaka, thanks for answering, but I get the same list with the only "name" parameter.
Roger

CyberTod
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Will be nice to add a quick filter in Dude->Devices in webfig. The drop down menu for Status : all,down,up,etc..
Maybe for winbox too. You can make the filter there, but the extended filter has many options and takes time to do this.
And the same filter in Tik-App will be just great - to view only down items with a single click.

ALX1S

Mon May 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Hi,

Is the "Backup Confirguration" option working? or store the config file on MicroSD/internal Storage?

Thanks

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Hi,

Is the "Backup Confirguration" option working? or store the config file on MicroSD/internal Storage?

Thanks
I hope I have interpreted your question correctly...

The /dude backup-db command will back up your current Dude database.

You can use parameters to /dude import-db to create the active Dude database on any storage drive available to your router. In fact, on the hEX models, this is a requirement, since they don't have enough native onboard storage to hold a Dude DB.

ALX1S

Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi,

Thanks
I hope I have interpreted your question correctly...

The /dude backup-db command will back up your current Dude database.

You can use parameters to /dude import-db to create the active Dude database on any storage drive available to your router. In fact, on the hEX models, this is a requirement, since they don't have enough native onboard storage to hold a Dude DB.
In previous version of Dude on Mibse was not possible to store the info, just running on ram memory. and was not able to backup neither.

I will try updating to the newest RouterOS version, because im using some old one because I had some issues when updated (some pptp stopped to an old RouterOS version PPTP server).

Thanks

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 09, 2017 12:43 am

Just making sure you are aware that you cannot run the new Dude server on MIPSBE. You can run it on a TILE based machine, an x86, or on a hEX (not a hEX POE or any other variant). Given the price point of a hEX, I simply added one to my network, stuffed a memory card in it, and dedicated it to doing nothing but the Dude.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 09, 2017 12:44 am

4b3 had possibility to download the backup file in client directly. This feature is still missing in 6.x. At least it is possible to schedule the regular backup within the ros, but it stops the dude server for that time.

ummar
just joined

Tue May 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Just installed 6.40 RC on 2011 for testing but didn't find dude server running.Is there any other configuration required.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 23, 2017 10:24 pm

You cannot run dude server on 2011.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:57 pm

Upgraded to latest Ros42RC15 due to vmware tools support. (IE running on CHR)
I think this RC version of dude has got the authentication faliure for bandwith test again or am I missing something in my dude role in my install.

/user group
add name=dude-group policy="telnet,ssh,reboot,read,test,sniff,dude,!local,!ftp,!write,!policy,!winbox,!password,!web,!sensitive,!api,!romon,!tikapp"