Community discussions

MikroTik App

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: v6.42rc [release candidate] is released!

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:45 am

What's new in 6.42rc27 (2018-Feb-14 11:53):
*) wireless - added support for "band=5ghz-n/ac" (CLI only);
1. setting this one within CAPSMAN would be nice to have.
2. What will be the difference between "band=5ghz-a/n/ac" and "5ghz-n/ac"? Some kind of old compatible mode on the first one that will be disabled on the second and therefore results in higher performance?

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:51 am

2. What will be the difference between "band=5ghz-a/n/ac" and "5ghz-n/ac"? Some kind of old compatible mode on the first one that will be disabled on the second and therefore results in higher performance?
It's like the 2ghz-g/n, where is disabled the 802.11b.

ckleea
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:28 am

Is it ok to upgrade from 6.42rc3 to 6.42rc28?

I tried to upgrade from v21 to v24 and it caused by x86 routerOS fail to have connection. I have used sometimes to restore the older working version. The one I got at home was rc3.

biatche
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:24 am

*) wireless - fixed incompatibility with macOS clients
can mikortik tell us if this is (presumably) implied for capsman as well?

biatche
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:26 am

What's new in 6.42rc27 (2018-Feb-14 11:53):
*) wireless - added support for "band=5ghz-n/ac" (CLI only);
1. setting this one within CAPSMAN would be nice to have.
yes mikrotik, please tell us if disabling an old band mode results in an improvement. dont make me create a new email ticket for every question

Alessio Garavano

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:52 am

Hi guys, it would be great if you allow to select, within each update channel, 5 or 6 previous versions, in order to update the RC versions correctly and correlatively.
Or make a downgrade directly to the previous version that we liked or better worked for us.

Thanks and regards,

WireDick
just joined

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:27 pm

Bricked RB3011UiAS-RM by updating from rc20 To rc27.

LCD shows always "starting services"...

Netinstall wont work anymore... LCD shows ether Boot but Router will not apear in netinstall GUI. Troubleshoot this with other mikrotik products they imedatly apear on the GUI at the same win7 machine with same settings and cable/port...

don't update from any RC!!! it will brick the device.

osc86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:36 pm

CPU hog issue is still not fixed in rc28
(Ticket#2018010522007579)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:25 am

I had a CHR that was originally installed on VMware ESXi some versions ago when only the bare disk image was available.
(using the trick of converting the image to SCSI)
It initially had ether1 connected to a LAN network (which has access to internet via another router), later ether2 was added
directly connected to internet, and configured in RouterOS. It had Dude installed but not enabled at this time.

As it was effectively stuck at 6.42rc20 because of the update bug, I exported the config and the dude database and created a
new VM from the 6.42rc28 OVA file. I connected ether1 to the LAN and added a second network interface to the VM, again
connected to internet as before.

However, whatever I try, RouterOS sees the LAN interface as ether2 and the internet interface as ether1. So what is called
network interface 1 in ESXi is ether2 in RouterOS.
Even when I deleted the second network interface and reset the configuration, seeing that LAN is ether1 and everything is correct,
as soon as I added the extra interface the names were swapped again.

I gave in and edited my exported config to match the swapped ether1 and ether2 and everything now works as before,
but what is going on here? it is confusing and inconvenient.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:11 am

However, whatever I try, RouterOS sees the LAN interface as ether2 and the internet interface as ether1. So what is called
Even when I deleted the second network interface and reset the configuration, seeing that LAN is ether1 and everything is correct,
The same occurs in VirtualBox since rc23 (I saw this after the upgrade from rc20 to rc23).

I configured a fresh CHR in rc27, on first try, swapped the interfaces. On second try, was disabled the NIC #2 and I did a MAC reinitialize in both interfaces. Booted with one interface and I added a new IP to ether1 and then was shutdown. Was enabled NIC #2 and booted, then the problem stopped.
I upgraded to rc28 and no problem with swapped interfaces.

The interfaces that I use in VBox are "Intel PRO/1000 MT Desktop", NIC #1 as bridged and NIC #2 as NAT Network.

indnti
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:17 pm

Answered many times before! The old version is the one that performs upgrade. We can't fix a released and installed version.

If you bring out a version that *bricks* hardware you must consider that it will not happen. maybe a special intermediate version to repair version rc20-24. It can not be true that one be forced to use rc20 till the end of lifetime of that hardware!

ziegenberg
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:06 am

Hello!
If you bring out a version that *bricks* hardware you must consider that it will not happen. maybe a special intermediate version to repair version rc20-24. It can not be true that one be forced to use rc20 till the end of lifetime of that hardware!
Well, RC Versions are not meant to be production ready versions. So expect them to break stuff. And because of that, only use them in a lab or test environment, where you are happy to do netinstall if things break.

PS: I still advocate that MikroTik changes the name of the "release candidate" version to "beta", "development" or "unstable" version. Just to be crystal clear about it's purpose and for the sake of customer happiness.

kasparskr
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:17 am

Could you please send the supout file to support, we would like to take a look at it.

Which ESXi version are you using?
I had a CHR that was originally installed on VMware ESXi some versions ago when only the bare disk image was available.
(using the trick of converting the image to SCSI)
It initially had ether1 connected to a LAN network (which has access to internet via another router), later ether2 was added
directly connected to internet, and configured in RouterOS. It had Dude installed but not enabled at this time.

As it was effectively stuck at 6.42rc20 because of the update bug, I exported the config and the dude database and created a
new VM from the 6.42rc28 OVA file. I connected ether1 to the LAN and added a second network interface to the VM, again
connected to internet as before.

I gave in and edited my exported config to match the swapped ether1 and ether2 and everything now works as before,
but what is going on here? it is confusing and inconvenient.

kasparskr
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:21 am

Could you please send us to support the supout file, we would like to take a look.

Also, please explain in more detail what exactly did you do: did you upgrade from an earlier rc? Or from current version? From which?

Thanks.
6.42rc28 wrecked my CHR on libvirtd / Qemu KVM setup. Virtio network interfaces (or any interfaces at all) aren't recognized anymore.

Do not install 6.42rc28 on KVM CHR!

Still trying to salvage this thing, will write more later...

Add: Just managed to get 6.41.2 installed. Had to get the stable package file to the guest first somehow, which if you don't have any way of officially interacting with the guest on the host (interfaces are all down) is quite the ordeal:
  • mount raw image with manually calculated offset
  • put file in right place in Linux file system underlying RouterOS
  • run guest, qemu console to it, login, do /system package downgrade
I can only repeat: Don't install rc28 on QEMU/KVM!!

ste
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:50 am

Hello!
Well, RC Versions are not meant to be production ready versions. So expect them to break stuff. And because of that, only use them in a lab or test environment, where you are happy to do netinstall if things break.

PS: I still advocate that MikroTik changes the name of the "release candidate" version to "beta", "development" or "unstable" version. Just to be crystal clear about it's purpose and for the sake of customer happiness.
Yes. "Release Candidate" normaly is something that is expected to be near production quality:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_ ... _candidate
And at least CRS317-1G-16S+RM needs the rc to work. And there is no hint CRS317-1G-16S+RM is a beta product.

So please MT increase your SW Development Quality control to protect your customers from bad experience.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:29 am

I encountered another problem in my "fresh 6.42rc28 install then import old config" that I forgot to mention above:
I am using the serial port on this CHR (configured to map to the hardware serial port in the VMware ESXi config) to
connect to the serial port of a CCR router at the same site. This is an emergency access in case there is some
error in the CCR config. (the CHR is on a bridge in the CCR so it will not always be useful, but one can always try)

Well, for that config in the previous version there was this:
/port
set 0 baud-rate=115200
On the new version this config is refused with "cannot set speed because port is in use".
(and the import stops there! that is another issue that should be fixed: when such an error is encountered when
importing a config, the import should just go on with the next step. this kind of problem makes it impossible to
do a /system reset-configuration no-defaults=yes run-after-reset=scriptname because almost always there is some
minor hiccup like this and you are left with an unconfigured router)

When examining the situation I found it is now required to go to /system console and disable the console on the
serial port. After doing that, it is again possible to set the serial port speed.

However, when looking in the /export after that, this command:
/system console
set [ find ] disabled=yes
appears way down in the /export and the /port (same as above) still appears near the top.
So importing this config on a freshly reset router will still fail!

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:19 pm

It can not be true that one be forced to use rc20 till the end of lifetime of that hardware!
You are not forced to use rc20. Use netinstall to install version.

indnti
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:06 pm

It can not be true that one be forced to use rc20 till the end of lifetime of that hardware!
You are not forced to use rc20. Use netinstall to install version.
What about that experience:
Bricked RB3011UiAS-RM by updating from rc20 To rc27.
LCD shows always "starting services"...
Netinstall wont work anymore... LCD shows ether Boot but Router will not apear in netinstall GUI. Troubleshoot this with other mikrotik products they imedatly apear on the GUI at the same win7 machine with same settings and cable/port...
don't update from any RC!!! it will brick the device.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 pm

If you use netinstall to install newer version then there will be no problems. It was already mentioned before several times.

timoid

Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:10 am

rc28 broken for chr+esxi?

using vmxnet3 drivers, two interfaces becomes one and the one interface that's there has a mac of all zeros.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 am

rc28 broken for chr+esxi?

using vmxnet3 drivers, two interfaces becomes one and the one interface that's there has a mac of all zeros.
I have it working on ESXi but see above for an issue I have (the sequence of the ESXi interfaces is not the same as the ether#)

Maybe you have upgraded from a version around 6.42rc20? Then, this is indeed the problem that you will have.
You will need to re-install from the OVA or image!

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:28 pm

hi guys, on my rb750Gr3 with firmware 6.42rc28 I wanted to mount a hotspot for a job. I can not install the user-manager package.
Are there any solutions?
thank you all

Valerio

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:31 pm

hi guys, on my rb750Gr3 with firmware 6.42rc28 I wanted to mount a hotspot for a job. I can not install the user-manager package.
Are there any solutions?
No. There is no usermanager for this router, also not for stable version.
It is unclear why this is, e.g. there is a dude (network monitoring) package for this router, so the smallish (low-end) type should not be the reason.
Anyway, you need another router type or use an external RADIUS server e.g. a Raspberry Pi with freeradius.
(which provides a lot more functionality than usermanager anyway, and you could use it to host a local webpage too)

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 pm

Yes, there is 6.42rc changelog:
*) userman - added support for ARM and MMIPS platform;

Download MMIPS extra packages, there will be userman package in archive.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:07 pm

in the zip file is not present in the package, or have changed package name.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 pm

um-snap.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:29 pm

it is only present on the beta version.
I tried to install it, but it does not install.
I have also installed the beta firmware but do not install lost

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:17 pm

I see that the previous posts have been deleted.
Returning to the question, it turns out to you that the package is not installed?
is this a problem already reported?
thank you

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Why it doesn't install? What's in Log after reboot? We're not telepathists...

kez

Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:53 pm

[removed]
Last edited by kez on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:42 pm

Why it doesn't install? What's in Log after reboot? We're not telepathists...
then, after doing a reset and installing version 6.41.2 I tried to reinstall the package user-manager-6.42rc20-mmips.npk but nothing to do. after reboot the package is not installed

now he is continuously restarting by making a beep
Last edited by tigro11 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:46 pm

then, after doing a reset and installing version 6.41.2 I tried to reinstall the package user-manager-6.42rc20-mmips.npk but nothing to do. after reboot the package is not installed
That is normal! You can ONLY install the same version!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:47 pm

I see that the previous posts have been deleted.
That is a pity indeed. It looks like the forum database has crashed and a backup has been loaded.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:12 pm

I tried to reset it, but it keeps rebooting with a beep at every reboot. How can I rewrite the firmware?
thank you

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:47 am

What's new in 6.42rc30 (2018-Feb-20 10:44):

*) console - improved console stability after it has not been used for a long time;
*) filesystem - implemented additional system storage maintenance checks on ARM CPU based devices;
*) filesystem - improved error correcting process on RB1100AHx4 storage;
*) gps - added GPS port support for Quectel EC25-E modem when used in LTE mode;
*) ipsec - properly detect interface for "mode-config" client IP address assignment;
*) kidcontrol - initial work on "/ip kid-control" feature;
*) lte - fixed rare situation when r11-LTE interface is missing after reboot;
*) lte - improved IP configuration request process for r11e-LTE-US card;
*) netwatch - limit to read, write, test and reboot policies for Netwatch script execution;
*) tr069-client - correctly return TransferComplete after vendor configuration file transfer;
*) usb - improved packet processing over USB modems;
*) wireless - improved wireless stability on hAP ac2 devices while USB is being used;

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as expected or after crash.

Note that release candidate versions are published strictly for testing purposes and should not be used on production routers.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:23 am

*) ipsec - properly detect interface for "mode-config" client IP address assignment;
This is broken again. Sent my info to [Ticket#2018012322003459].

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 am

I have the rb 750gr3 in continuous loop, after 5 seconds reboots and makes a beep, can you restore the firmware maybe via micro sd or with the usb port?
With netinstall it does not see the cpu.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:58 pm

I have the rb 750gr3 in continuous loop, after 5 seconds reboots and makes a beep, can you restore the firmware maybe via micro sd or with the usb port?
Try the ether1 on hEX (750Gr3) and connect it directly to PC.
Tips: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=131072#p643620

owsugde

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:17 pm

Installing 6.42rc30 from rc20 makes the RB3011 unbootable! See other descriptions of update bug.

Updated from rc20 to rc30, didn't boot back up. Resetting didn't do anything, so I had to netinstall back the stable. And that even only worked after three tries. :shock:
Last edited by owsugde on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:20 pm

6.42rc30 makes the RB3011 unbootable! Don't install!

Updated from rc20 to rc30, didn't boot back up. Resetting didn't do anything, so I had to netinstall back the stable. And that even only worked after three tries. :shock:
This is wellknown, no need to report it, read above. The problem is that rc20 won't update to anything. Not a problem with rc30 as you suspect.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:26 pm

Try the ether1 on hEX (750Gr3) and connect it directly to PC.
Tips: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=131072#p643620
Hi guys, I solved with windows xp, with win10 I could not see the rb750g

owsugde

Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:27 pm

Oh OK, I was under the impression that the problem was with updating from rc20 to rc24. Didn't know it was even worse than that.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Once more - if you upgrade/downgrade from 6.42rc versions below rc25 - you might (not will) experience issues. Does not matter which version you install. If you experience such problems, then Netinstall will be required. This is know problem which is already resolved. At the moment (after rc25) we have not experienced or received complaints about issues with upgrade/downgrade.

amokkatmt

Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello. So now we can not use global variables in scripts called by or put as is in netwatch??? Is this by design now?? My scripts using global vars, now netwatch can not get/set values.
Yes, checked manuals, Mikrotik removed "policy" policy for netwatch scripts and global variables now can not be accessed. Seems like all global vars are "created by another users", so can't be accessed. Not the best upgrade IMHO...

Insider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:13 pm

There is a bug in last versions, you cant usually add interface to bridge port via winbox.. Via CLI no problem

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:57 pm

There is a bug in last versions, you cant usually add interface to bridge port via winbox..
Did you update winbox too?

Insider
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:45 pm

There is a bug in last versions, you cant usually add interface to bridge port via winbox..
Did you update winbox too?

buzzdee

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:17 pm

@jmi2
short version: With this routerOS version, if there is single client with older card like CM9, then all other clients got no change to communicate without issues.
Simply if such client is connected to AP, then mobile and notebook have horrible connectivity and LG TV and hama radio got disconnected always after few seconds.

long version: Starting with 6.37 (actually already before, if previous FWs like 6.36.4 were switched to use wireless-rep) in combination with old HW like CM9, R52 on client side, wireless channel becomes useless for all (other clients of same AP and also clients of other APs on same channel). Same issue is still there with 6.42rc20.
original post here

Did you check different frequencies? I had two 912UAG-5HPnD and one 411U with R52 connected to another 411U with R52 at 5200MHz with one 912 constantly dropping connection. Can't completely rule out, that nothing else was using the spectrum at that frequency but scanning for wlans at 20MHz bandwidth didn't show anything. But changing to 5220MHz stabilized the connection

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Ok So I did see the wiki was updated to state the fact of HW offload on crs3xx series. So I did a new test and:
23 I H ether24                      bridge1                   yes   64     0x80         10                 10       none
24   H Core                         bridge1                   yes   64     0x80         10                 10       none
[admin@labb-mgmt-1] /interface bridge port> 
Shurely it states that the Bond in my case named Core show hardware offload....
But!:

Setting admit only taged vlan, making it part of the vlans as taged member. Adding IP and accessing stuff works for most part from bridge to other but other to bridge sort of comes and goes.
I see one odd thing in the export:
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus2 ] mac-address=6C:3B:6B:ED:F8:46
/interface bridge
add igmp-snooping=yes name=bridge1 protocol-mode=none pvid=64 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bonding
add lacp-rate=1sec min-links=1 mode=802.3ad name=Core slaves=sfp-sfpplus1,sfp-sfpplus2 transmit-hash-policy=\
    layer-3-and-4
Why do the system change the mac'adddres one of the lacp member ports? the Unit should advertise its chassiID in its LACP BDPU's but then the individual links is surly individual links. There is, as far as I can se, in winbox or cli not any way to see the lacp state is this by design or misstake or is it not ready yet.

Could you please expose lacp states to cli and winbox!.

Edit: If I activate one port 1-24 on the bridge then the switch is reachable from bonding (sfp-sfppluss1,sfp-sfpluss2) but if I remove the cable from port 1-24 the switch does not answer from bridge bonding interface anymore. Is this a bug due to new hardware offload that bridge doesn't think of the bundle as to enable the bridge ip's.
@Mikrotik do you need me to create support case or is this relevant information to do you tests?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:57 pm

What's new in 6.42rc35 (2018-Feb-26 10:46):

*) bridge - added host aging timer for crs3xx and Atheros hw-bridges;
*) bridge - added per-port learning options (CLI only);
*) bridge - added static host support (CLI only);
*) bridge - added per-port forwarding options for broadcasts, unknown-multicasts and unknown-unicasts (CLI only);
*) bridge - fixed MAC learning for VRRP interfaces on bridge;
*) crs212 - fixed Ethernet boot through CRS326 devices;
*) crs3xx - added initial “hw-offload†support for 802.3ad and “balance-xor†bonding;
*) crs3xx - added switch port "storm-rate" limiting options;
*) dhcp - improved DHCP service reliability when it is configured on bridge interface;
*) fetch - added "http-content-type" option to allow setting MIME type of the data in free text form;
*) flashfig - properly apply configuration provided by Flashfig;
*) health - log warning when switching between redundant power supplies;
*) hotspot - improved HTTPS matching in Walled Garden rules;
*) ike1 - fixed wildcard policy lookup on responder;
*) kidcontrol - initial work on "/ip kid-control" feature;
*) lte - added support for the user and password authentication for wAP-LTE-kit-US (R11e-LTE-US);
*) poe - hide PoE related properties on interfaces which does not provide power output;
*) ssh - remove imported public SSH keys when their owner user is removed;
*) wireless - fixed RTS/CTS option for the ARM based wireless devices;
*) tr069-client - fixed TR069 service becoming unavailable when related service package is not available;
*) tr069-client - fixed "/tool fetch" commands executed with ".alter" script;

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as expected or after crash.

Note that release candidate versions are published strictly for testing purposes and should not be used on production routers.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Tested This New RC. My Bridge LACP bridge problem still exists. Not reachable through lacp bond if no other local port on bridge is active.

ip dhcp-client connected to bridge1 does eternal searching after reboot disable and enable fixes the problem

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Tested This New RC. My Bridge LACP bridge problem still exists. Not reachable through lacp bond if no other local port on bridge is active.

ip dhcp-client connected to bridge1 does eternal searching after reboot disable and enable fixes the problem
Have you set admin-mac on the bridge?

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

This is broken again. Sent my info to [Ticket#2018012322003459].
Fixed in 6.42rc35. Thanks!

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:17 pm

Upgrade fails on CHR:
/system package update install 
          channel: release-candidate
  current-version: 6.42rc30
   latest-version: 6.42rc35
           status: ERROR: not enough disk space, 19.4MiB is required and only 18.1MiB is free
/system resource print                                          
                   uptime: 2m44s
                  version: 6.42rc30 (testing)
               build-time: Feb/20/2018 10:44:28
              free-memory: 203.1MiB
             total-memory: 221.7MiB
                      cpu: Intel(R)
                cpu-count: 2
            cpu-frequency: 2594MHz
                 cpu-load: 0%
           free-hdd-space: 18.2MiB
          total-hdd-space: 63.5MiB
  write-sect-since-reboot: 416
         write-sect-total: 417
        architecture-name: x86_64
               board-name: CHR
                 platform: MikroTik
Upgrade path was 6.41.2 -> 6.42rc30 -> 6.42rc35. The system does not list any files except directories "skins" and "pub".

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:00 pm

I have only created the bridge1 interface.
/interface bridge export 
# mar/12/1970 15:13:17 by RouterOS 6.42rc35
# software id = M8A7-BVIJ
#
# model = CRS326-24G-2S+
/interface bridge
add igmp-snooping=yes name=bridge1 protocol-mode=none pvid=64 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether1 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether2 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether3 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether4 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether5 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether6 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether7 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether8 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether9 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether10 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether11 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether12 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether13 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether14 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether15 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether16 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether17 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether18 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether19 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether20 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether21 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether22 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether23 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether24 pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged ingress-filtering=yes interface=Core pvid=64
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=Core untagged="bridge1,ether1,ether2,ether3,ether4,ether5,ether6,ether7,ether8,ether9,ether10
    ,ether11,ether12,ether13,ether14,ether15,ether16,ether17,ether18,ether19,ether20,ether21,ether22,ether23,ether24" \
    vlan-ids=64
This works as expected with all interfaces that are not hardware offloaded lacp bonding the interface named Core is a bonding interface.

Bridge Running:
/interface bridge print detail 
Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0 R name="bridge1" mtu=auto actual-mtu=1500 l2mtu=1592 arp=enabled arp-timeout=auto mac-address=6C:3B:6B:ED:F8:2E 
     protocol-mode=none fast-forward=yes igmp-snooping=yes auto-mac=yes ageing-time=5m vlan-filtering=yes pvid=64 
It does have a mac in running and that mac is what is being seen on arp lookups on other machines aswell.
/interface bonding export 
# mar/12/1970 15:15:33 by RouterOS 6.42rc35
# software id = M8A7-BVIJ
#
# model = CRS326-24G-2S+
/interface bonding
add lacp-rate=1sec min-links=1 mode=802.3ad name=Core slaves=sfp-sfpplus1,sfp-sfpplus2 transmit-hash-policy=\
    layer-3-and-4
what do you make of that?

jmi2
just joined

Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 pm

@jmi2
short version: With this routerOS version, if there is single client with older card like CM9, then all other clients got no change to communicate without issues.
Simply if such client is connected to AP, then mobile and notebook have horrible connectivity and LG TV and hama radio got disconnected always after few seconds.

long version: Starting with 6.37 (actually already before, if previous FWs like 6.36.4 were switched to use wireless-rep) in combination with old HW like CM9, R52 on client side, wireless channel becomes useless for all (other clients of same AP and also clients of other APs on same channel). Same issue is still there with 6.42rc20.
original post here

Did you check different frequencies? I had two 912UAG-5HPnD and one 411U with R52 connected to another 411U with R52 at 5200MHz with one 912 constantly dropping connection. Can't completely rule out, that nothing else was using the spectrum at that frequency but scanning for wlans at 20MHz bandwidth didn't show anything. But changing to 5220MHz stabilized the connection
Sure, i tried multiple channels, also two bands, i tried to change nearly each wireless setting.
And once i figured out, that it's old card mikrotik with new firmware causing problems, i also did that one test, which confirmed, that routeros in this combination must be "flooding" air as with no very little useful traffic, it's capable to turn spectrum to totally unusable to other ap on same frequency. With older firmware all tests worked like a charm. See my full post.

wolph
just joined

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 am

It seems that since the new firmware (6.42rc35) my capsman managed ap's can't get a dhcp lease anymore. All other devices in the network have no problems, but the mikrotik devices are unable to obtain a lease.

My logs are filled with:
feb/27 00:18:22 dhcp,warning dhcp1 offering lease x.x.x.x for C0:FF:EE:00:BA:BE w
ithout success 
feb/27 00:18:22 dhcp,warning dhcp1 offering lease x.x.x.x for C0:FF:EE:00:BA:BE w
ithout success 
[edit]
Reprovisioning through capsman solves the issue temporarily. After a few minutes it goes back to the "without success" state.
The bridges have an admin-mac set and rebooting and resetting the devices makes no difference

Reverting back to stable and doing the same capsman reset immediately resolves the issue
[/edit]
Last edited by wolph on Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:06 am

I have only created the bridge1 interface.
<...>
what do you make of that?
/interface bridge
set bridge1 auto-mac=no admin-mac=6C:3B:6B:ED:F8:2E
And then recheck.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:08 am

Checking 6.42rc35, my L2TP/IPSec setup doesn't work anymore, connection stops at
10:50:58 ipsec Adjusting my encmode UDP-Tunnel->Tunnel
10:50:58 ipsec Adjusting peer's encmode UDP-Transport(4)->Transport(2)
10:50:58 ipsec encmode mismatched: my:Tunnel peer:Transport
Back to 6.41 - and it's fine again:
10:55:18 ipsec Adjusting my encmode UDP-Transport->Transport
10:55:18 ipsec Adjusting peer's encmode UDP-Transport(4)->Transport(2)
Settings are quite straightforward:
/ip ipsec proposal
set [ find default=yes ] auth-algorithms=sha256,sha1
/interface l2tp-server server
set authentication=mschap2 enabled=yes ipsec-secret=wonttellyou use-ipsec=yes
Can anybody check this?

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks, Chupaka. We will fix this in next versions.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:31 am

Please also fix the automatic addition of a DHCP client. It should only do this on first boot, when applying default config.
When there already is config (address, route) it should not create a DHCP client!

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:33 pm

pe1chl - I assume that you are referring to CHR. This problem is not related to this concrete RouterOS version, however, we will fix it in upcoming RouterOS releases.

wise0tamas
just joined

Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm

Upgrade fails on CHR:
           status: ERROR: not enough disk space, 19.4MiB is required and only 18.1MiB is free
/system resource print                                          
Upgrade path was 6.41.2 -> 6.42rc30 -> 6.42rc35. The system does not list any files except directories "skins" and "pub".
I suppose, you might have shrinked the disk, as normally (AFAIK) 128MB is the starting disk size of CHR in every type.
Or you started using CHR from the beginning, then 64MB was the starting size of the disk (as far as I can remember).
I can see 95+MiB total-hdd-space in every CHR I use, and 60+MiB free-hdd-space, so upgrade is always successful for me.

Probably, you should try resizing the disk of the CHR, then it might use the extra space, but probably, only the installation phase can resize the inner filesystem of CHR.

You should start from scratch, as stated in the System Requirements wiki, there 128MB of RAM and 128MB of disk space is required to operate/install CHR. You only need to copy out the current configuration, probably nothing more is needed.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:46 pm

Upgrade fails on CHR:
/system resource print                                          
I suppose, you might have shrinked the disk, as normally (AFAIK) 128MB is the starting disk size of CHR in every type.
Or you started using CHR from the beginning, then 64MB was the starting size of the disk (as far as I can remember).
I can see 95+MiB total-hdd-space in every CHR I use, and 60+MiB free-hdd-space, so upgrade is always successful for me.

Probably, you should try resizing the disk of the CHR, then it might use the extra space, but probably, only the installation phase can resize the inner filesystem of CHR.

You should start from scratch, as stated in the System Requirements wiki, there 128MB of RAM and 128MB of disk space is required to operate/install CHR. You only need to copy out the current configuration, probably nothing more is needed.
Yes, this is an installation from the really early days of CHR. 8)
This is just a test installation, I will try to resize or reinstall.

TestCRS
just joined

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:53 pm

Please answer a few questions about crs317.
1) will the switch be able to do vlan-remapping and outbound filtering(acl) ?
if the answer is positive, then when to expect it.

2) whether the switch forwards the qinq packets at wire-speed ?
if the answer is positive, how it is configured.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Thanks, Chupaka. We will fix this in next versions.
Thanks for the quick response. Is there any workaround? I'm trying to setup it in Google Cloud so I cannot downgrade to 6.41.

gudava
just joined

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:23 pm

I have same problem and yes I have admin-mac on brigde.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:32 pm

We are aware of this DHCP client problem, will try to fix in one of the next RC versions.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:36 pm

We are aware of this DHCP client problem, will try to fix in one of the next RC versions.
Thanks mrz....
Are you aware and have reproduced the LACP problem aswell?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:40 pm

pe1chl - I assume that you are referring to CHR. This problem is not related to this concrete RouterOS version, however, we will fix it in upcoming RouterOS releases.
That is right, it is for CHR. Well, it appears to be a on-off problem, I did not see it in 6.42rc30 and it returned in 6.42rc35 but maybe that is pure coincidence.
It is a bit of a problem that the router suddenly obtains a new address and route that is not the configured one.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:20 am

Well, Well, Well... With this latest release (6.42 rc35), IGMP-Snooping seems to be working correctly on a CRS-125 !!
Wow, what went right. :o
Seemed to make a difference (at least observed), after upgrading the firmware to rc35 as well.
It's been working correctly (for me), for over 4 hours... Never did that before.. 8)

Kudos Tik ROS Team... :)

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 am

Thanks for the quick response. Is there any workaround? I'm trying to setup it in Google Cloud so I cannot downgrade to 6.41.
You can downgrade to previous release candidate version or configure IPsec with static policies instead of using policy template to generate them.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:11 am

Looks like up-script from netwatch is no longer run with 6.42rc35. Are there any changes not mentioned in changelog?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 am

Looks like up-script from netwatch is no longer run with 6.42rc35. Are there any changes not mentioned in changelog?
Doesn't run in rc35 compared to what? Can't it be
*) netwatch - limit to read, write, test and reboot policies for Netwatch script execution;

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:47 am

Ups, I skipped 6.42rc30 due to issues with ipsec and missed that change. Thanks for the hint!
Looks like I have to figure what exactly breaks my scripts.

artz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:36 am

Are you aware and have reproduced the LACP problem aswell?
There is something specific to your setup that is causing access to the CPU being lost. Please write to support@mikrotik.com, attach the supout.rif file and a small, simplified network diagram (preferably with device's model name on the other end).

You can also try disabling IGMP Snooping to check if that isn't causing the issue.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Ups, I skipped 6.42rc30 due to issues with ipsec and missed that change. Thanks for the hint!
Looks like I have to figure what exactly breaks my scripts.
My scripts requires "sensitive"... So back to scheduler with a high interval.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Sounds wrong :)

Can't you just create script in System -> Scripts and run it from on-up event of Netwatch?
You can downgrade to previous release candidate version or configure IPsec with static policies instead of using policy template to generate them.
It works, thanks :)

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Sounds wrong :)
The script reads and writes private-pre-shared-key from "/ interface wireless access-list" and sends e-mails. Both actions require "sensitive".
Can't you just create script in System -> Scripts and run it from on-up event of Netwatch?
That's what I did. But it does no longer work.

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 am

Is it intended that 'on down' script is called each time a PPPoE client unsuccessfully tries to connect?

I have a simple script that clears VoIP connection tracking entries, to essentially force them to reroute and only want it to run 'on up' if the connection was previously down and only 'on down' when it was previously connected.
/ip firewall connection remove [find dst-address ~ ":3478"];
/ip firewall connection remove [find dst-address ~ ":3479"];
/ip firewall connection remove [find dst-address ~ ":4569"];
/ip firewall connection remove [find dst-address ~ ":5060"];

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:31 pm

What's new in 6.42rc37 (2018-Mar-01 09:29):

*) bridge - fixed bridge port interface parameter under "/interface bridge host print detail";
*) console - do not allow variables that start with digit to be referenced without $ sign;
*) romon - make secret field sensitive in console;
*) wireless - improved wireless scan functionality for devices with multiple wireless interfaces;

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm

What's new in 6.42rc37 (2018-Mar-01 09:29):
Since rc35 CAPs do no longer get an DHCP IP-address if the DHCP client runs on a bridge.
Disabling and enabling the bridge brings DHCP back into live. But after reboot DHCP client keep trying as before.
The DHCP server does see a DHCP request and replies but the CAP does accept the reply.
Tested with WAP AC and CAP AC.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:40 pm

We are aware of dhcp client problem on bridge interface, we will fix it in future RC versions. Disable/enable bridge or dhcp client and it will get an address.

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:01 pm

We are aware of dhcp client problem on bridge interface, we will fix it in future RC versions. Disable/enable bridge or dhcp client and it will get an address.
Thanks, I added this to make my CAPs work again:
/system scheduler
add name=DHCP-restart on-event=DHCP-restart policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive,romon \
    start-time=startup
/system script
add name=DHCP-restart owner=admin policy=ftp,reboot,read,write,policy,test,password,sniff,sensitive,romon source=\
    ":delay 15\r\
    \n/interface bridge disable bridgeLocal\
    \n:delay 2\
    \n/interface bridge enable bridgeLocal\
    \n"

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:20 am

kid-control:
hello guys, I do not know if I'm on the right page, since I have children at home I connect to the internet, I saw the kid-control utility, apart from the times and the mac address, you can also set custom dns that block adult sites?

thank you
valerio

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:59 am

You can always configure OpenDNS as your DNS server, either as the DNS for the router itself and then advertise the router address as DNS server in DHCP
or by advertising the OpenDNS servers in DHCP, and then configure an OpenDNS account on your internet address with the settings you like.
You do not require kid-control for that.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:32 am

You can always configure OpenDNS as your DNS server
This helps just for smaller kids. Larger kids understand what is going on, and set an other DNS server.
So you should also block other DNS server than the OpenDNS.
Even then they can use VPN and bypass OpenDNS DNS.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:47 am

Even then they can use VPN and bypass OpenDNS DNS.
That's why you should block any traffic in chain=forward and force using web proxy :)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:48 am

There is nothing you can do to really block things, it is only possible to do some shielding.
When you close your entire router they can use their 3G/4G connection.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:07 pm

You can always configure OpenDNS as your DNS server, either as the DNS for the router itself and then advertise the router address as DNS server in DHCP
or by advertising the OpenDNS servers in DHCP, and then configure an OpenDNS account on your internet address with the settings you like.
it's okay as you say if I want to screen all the traffic, even the adults.
I want to isolate children from filtered dns like norton, but adult traffic is open to everything. If it would be possible to insert custom dns on mac address kid it would be much easier.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:17 pm

It should be possible to do that! It should be possible have 2 DHCP server configs on your network, one with only static entries for the kid's devices
and one with the pool for all other devices, and then you can configure these servers with a different DNS address.
I did not try that, so you may encounter some hurdles.

You could also isolate the kid's network entirely (make a separate virtual WiFi AP with different SSID and password) and put a separate IP
range on it with different DNS server setup. I have a config like that running, not for kids but for guests. I have a separate guest WiFi SSID
that only routes to internet (while my own SSID is bridged to my LAN), and it has a separate DHCP server which advertises 8.8.8.8 as the DNS,
while my own network uses the MikroTik DNS resolver. This works without issue.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:37 pm

my idea was to use existing wifi and filter everything through mac address. Would you give me a hint on how I could do?
thank you

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:55 pm

That is what I see too, so then you have lost the battle :)
Better to give good education.

csi

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:30 pm

Hello,

I've tried to configure bonding interfaces on the CRS326 based on the wiki entry:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... es#Bonding

When I try to add the ether interfaces to the bridge, I get the following error message:
failure: ether2 is already slave
The bonding interface is also not workling. I have tried to connect a NAS, where the bonding interface works fine with other devices, like a RB3011.
I'm using RouterOS Version 6.42rc37 in CRS326. Is this a bug?

Many thanks in advanced.
csi

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:13 am

When I try to add the ether interfaces to the bridge, I get the following error message:
failure: ether2 is already slave
You should add the bonding interface, not the ethernet interface!

csi

Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:57 am

You should add the bonding interface, not the ethernet interface!
The documentation says add both.

skuykend
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:19 am

It's showing ether3 and ether4 also in the bridge as non-bonded ports as an example, but the bonded interface consisting of ether1 and ether2 is added to the bridge just as bond1.

ivanfm

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:21 pm

it's okay as you say if I want to screen all the traffic, even the adults.
I want to isolate children from filtered dns like norton, but adult traffic is open to everything. If it would be possible to insert custom dns on mac address kid it would be much easier.
With dhcp options and option sets you can define different DNS servers for specific users by mac address.

csi

Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:15 pm

It's showing ether3 and ether4 also in the bridge as non-bonded ports as an example, but the bonded interface consisting of ether1 and ether2 is added to the bridge just as bond1.
You are right, my mistake. But I don't get the "H" flag on the bonding device and it still not work. Also today I get the following messages on serial console, when I tried to reconfigure the bonding device:
MikroTik 6.42rc37 (testing)
MikroTik Login: 

Rebooting...
Stopping services...
Internal error: Oops: 17 [#1] SMP
CPU: 0    Not tainted  (3.3.5 #11)
PC is at bond_netdev_event+0x5c/0x158 [bonding@0x7f244000]              
LR is at notifier_call   
Then I have tried to add an 802.3ad connection between CRS326 and RB3011. Interfaces coming up, so that I configured an IP address on each endpoint. It doesn't matter, ping does not work in each direction.

Additional it's not possible to configure MTU size on CRS326 on bonding interfaces. On RB3011 it works fine.
[admin@MikroTik] /interface bonding> set bond2 mtu=8148
failure: could not set mtu
[admin@MikroTik] /interface bonding> 

Many thanks
csi

temposuender
just joined

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Upgrade fails on CHR:
/system resource print                                          

Got a similar issue but I have a 128MB partition
[admin@MikroTik] /log> /system package update install
  current-version: 6.42rc28
   latest-version: 6.42rc37
           status: ERROR: not enough disk space, 10.0MiB is required and only 3.7MiB is free
[admin@MikroTik] /log> /system resource print
                   uptime: 41m13s
                  version: 6.42rc28 (testing)
               build-time: Feb/16/2018 07:02:32
              free-memory: 90.7MiB
             total-memory: 128.0MiB
                      cpu: MIPS 74Kc V4.12
                cpu-count: 1
            cpu-frequency: 600MHz
                 cpu-load: 11%
           free-hdd-space: 3872.0KiB
          total-hdd-space: 128.0MiB
  write-sect-since-reboot: 5375
         write-sect-total: 31175782
               bad-blocks: 0%
        architecture-name: mipsbe
               board-name: RB951Ui-2HnD

I cant find anything that I can cleanup.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am

You should make a backup, download that, then netinstall the device with "keep configuration" option, and when it
does not resolve the situation use "default configuration" and restore your backup.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:53 pm

What's new in 6.42rc39 (2018-Mar-07 07:01):

*) bridge - added per-port forwarding options for broadcasts, unknown-multicasts and unknown-unicasts;
*) bridge - added per-port learning options;
*) bridge - added support for static hosts;
*) bridge - fixed reliability on software bridges when used on devices without switch chip;
*) capsman - added "allow-signal-out-of-range" option for Access List entries;
*) capsman - added support for "interface-list" in Access List and Datapath entries;
*) console - fixed "idpr-cmtp" protocol by changing its value from 39 to 38;
*) crs3xx - added initial "hw-offload" support for 802.3ad and "balance-xor" bonding;
*) crs3xx - added switch port "storm-rate" limiting options;
*) dhcp - improved DHCP service reliability when it is configured on bridge interface;
*) email - set maximum number of sessions to 100;
*) fetch - increased maximum number of sessions to 100;
*) quickset - fixed NAT if PPPoE client is used for Internet access;
*) winbox - made UDP local and remote TX size parameter optional in Bandwidth Test tool;
*) winbox - moved "ageing-time" setting from STP to General tab;
*) winbox - added "antenna" setting under GPS settings for MIPS platform devices;
*) winbox - added 160 MHz "channel-width" to wireless settings;
*) winbox - added broadcast and flood settings to bridge ports;
*) winbox - added missing protocol numbers to IPv4 and IPv6 firewall;
*) winbox - removed "VLAN" section from "Switch" menu for CRS3xx devices;
*) winbox - fixed maximal ID for Traffic Generator stream;
*) winbox - fixed name for "out-bridge-list" parameter under bridge firewall rules;
*) winbox - removed Enable and Disable buttons from IPsec "mode-config" list;
*) winbox - show "D" flag under "/ip dhcp-client" menu;
*) winbox - show CQI in LTE info;
*) winbox - show only master CAP interfaces under CAPsMAN wireless scan tool;
*) wireless - added support for "band=5ghz-n/ac";
*) wireless - added support for "interface-list" for Access List entries;
*) wireless - added support for legacy AR9485 chipset;
*) wireless - improved wireless scan functionality;

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:36 pm

There now is support for "band=5ghz-n/ac" in the GUI but none in the capsman GUI.

biatche
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:18 pm

There now is support for "band=5ghz-n/ac" in the GUI but none in the capsman GUI.
My exact thoughts. Why?

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:09 pm

I It is incredible that we have no improvement for IPv6.
Please please please do some work on IPv6!
E.g. following priorities from this posting: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123302

Things I really need, the sooner the better:
- route marking and multi route tables using marks as in IPv4
(via ipv6 firewall mangle and/or ipv6 route rule)
- configurable IPv6 nameservers in DHCPv6 and RA, or at least the option to publish the router's own
address as nameserver instead of the configured external DNS servers

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:45 pm

*) winbox - added 160 MHz "channel-width" to wireless settings
Which products support 160Mhz? Thanks

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:14 pm

*) winbox - show "D" flag under "/ip dhcp-client" menu;
Is this supposed to show under Terminal or via Winbox DHCP-Client Window row dispaly ? If its under window mine does not show the "D: flag as described for the release. If its under Terminal it does show up as in the Flags: row
My question:: when should the "D" flag appear under DHCP-Client? before the ip address has been assignend or after the ip addrsss has been assigned by the server?

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:25 am

I It is incredible that we have no improvement for IPv6.
Please please please do some work on IPv6!
E.g. following priorities from this posting: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=123302

Things I really need, the sooner the better:
- route marking and multi route tables using marks as in IPv4
(via ipv6 firewall mangle and/or ipv6 route rule)
- configurable IPv6 nameservers in DHCPv6 and RA, or at least the option to publish the router's own
address as nameserver instead of the configured external DNS servers
Yes can't agree more. Have got 6to4 backup as well as other tunnels but no can't route it properly, or heaven's forbid the ability to route specific ipv6 traffic over better suited tunnels :-(

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:45 am

*) wireless - added support for "interface-list" for Access List entries;
Could we expect MAC-addresses list implemented?

kunago

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Is CAPsMAN's VLAN implementation going to be fixed to work with the new bridge implementation? Now PVID seems to be used over VLAN and therefore makes CAPsMAN a little unusable.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:00 pm

Is CAPsMAN's VLAN implementation going to be fixed to work with the new bridge implementation? Now PVID seems to be used over VLAN and therefore makes CAPsMAN a little unusable.
To me CAPsMAN along with VLANs works in 6.41+, so can you open a separate topic for that and describe what you want to achieve? Maybe a workaround can be found.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:20 pm

*) bridge - added per-port forwarding options for broadcasts, unknown-multicasts and unknown-unicasts;
Thanks. This will make it possible to configure stuff that I was waiting for.
Is there any plans for more learning modes. now there are Auto, On, Off.
[admin@MikroTik] > interface bridge port set learn=
auto  no  yes

No I do understand do not learn, static only check...
Yes I do understand learn end of discussion check...
But Auto? No but Yes? For Auto to make sence it would be accompanied with max-learn-hosts=[nr] being integer number from 1 to n and the option on-max-replace-mode=[none, fifo, lifo] and on-max-replace-timeout=[nr] sec.
With the learn being Auto and:
No timeout set honor only on-max-replace-mode
timeout set honor on-max-replace-mode and check that the timeout is reached before.

Am I right to be waiting for this aswell?

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:46 pm

dksoft, biatche - This is still an rc version. The first step is to add such mode in regular wireless settings;
mozerd - As changelog entry states "winbox - show "D" flag..." it is a Winbox fix. Applies to, for example, DHCP client created by "detect-internet" feature;
kunago - Have you contacted support regarding this matter? If not, then write to support, explain the issue that you have and if it an actual software issue, then we will try to resolve it;

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:42 am

Getting very poor performance with FastTrack, hap ac, 150Mbps download speed slows down to 15Mbps. Fasttrack disabled and I can get full speed. This only started recently, so I imagine it is from one of the RC's.

alexjhart
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 am

*) crs3xx - added initial hw-offload support for 802.3ad and balance-xor bonding
What does "initial" mean here?
Strods?
For those still wondering, I found this https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... es#Bonding

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:31 am

Getting very poor performance with FastTrack, hap ac, 150Mbps download speed slows down to 15Mbps. Fasttrack disabled and I can get full speed. This only started recently, so I imagine it is from one of the RC's.
Such reports are probably meaningless without included export of your configuration, at least the firewall, queueing and routing part.
Maybe you should mail a supout.rif to support.

csi

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:25 pm

*) crs3xx - added initial "hw-offload" support for 802.3ad and "balance-xor" bonding;
Well done!
I can confirm it's working on a CRS326 now. Still open is the issue to change MTU size.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:58 pm

Well done!
I can confirm it's working on a CRS326 now. Still open is the issue to change MTU size.
Can allso Confirm that my LACP probelm still exists: accessing the ip owned by bridge over hw offloaded tag'ed only vlan lacp is not possible. Arp on upstream client gets mac for bridge/ip but no luck pinging or connecting.

artz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:54 pm

Well done!
You must set L2MTU on slave interfaces first.

NetflashTechnical
just joined

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 pm

*) bridge - fixed reliability on software bridges when used on devices without switch chip;
Q: How do you set the "default" option for "Unknown Unicast Flood", "Unknown Multicast Flood" and "Broadcast Flood" overall for an interface. It seems like dynamic interfaces (say an l2tp interface on the bridge) default to all flooding ON can you can't modify the options. I wonder if you can add a "Default Unknown Unicast Flood", "Default Unknown Multicast Flood", and "Default Broadcast Flood" option to the bridge, OR allow the ppp profile to set the bridge options similar to how you can set horizon.

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:28 pm

Please would MikroTik consider allowing us to set granular pps (packets per second) filtering on ports, instead of percentage. 1% of 10 Gbps is still 100 Mbps, this would rapidly exhaust MAC address tables and take the network offline.

D-Link DGS and Netgear M4300 switches support setting most ports to selectively drop excess or shutdown port when exceeding eg 500 pps for customer facing ports, whilst having different values on internal ports.

Are there plans to provide dot1q-tunnel equivalent features and switch port rules to manipulate two VLAN tags? (eg pop outer and inner tags and replace them with others)

csi

Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Well done!
You must set L2MTU on slave interfaces first.
Many thanks for the hint. It's working now.

nz_monkey
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:48 pm

Please would MikroTik consider allowing us to set granular pps (packets per second) filtering on ports, instead of percentage. 1% of 10 Gbps is still 100 Mbps, this would rapidly exhaust MAC address tables and take the network offline.
+1

Please do this!! On our Extreme and Juniper switches we set PPS differently depending on the role of the port, e.g. ENNI's get very low limits, Trunks get very high limits, Servers get high limits, Edge devices get very low limits.

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:41 am

Are there plans to provide dot1q-tunnel equivalent features and switch port rules to manipulate two VLAN tags? (eg pop outer and inner tags and replace them with others)
I've been using QinQ trunking in software bridges on a hex for sometime now. Nothing really special to report about it. I imagine it's software switched but for me that's not a problem.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:31 pm

# jan/13/1970 03:06:17 by RouterOS 6.42rc39
# software id = JLRA-QA36
#
# model = CRS326-24G-2S+
# serial number = 763C06E78477
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus2 ] mac-address=6C:3B:6B:ED:F9:E6
/interface bridge
add admin-mac=6C:3B:6B:ED:F9:E6 auto-mac=no fast-forward=no name=bridge1 protocol-mode=none pvid=64 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bonding
add lacp-rate=1sec min-links=1 mode=802.3ad name=Core slaves=sfp-sfpplus1,sfp-sfpplus2 transmit-hash-policy=layer-3-and-4
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged interface=Core pvid=64
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-untagged-and-priority-tagged interface=ether1 pvid=64 unknown-multicast-flood=no unknown-unicast-flood=no
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=Core untagged=bridge1,ether1 vlan-ids=64
/ip dhcp-client
add dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no interface=bridge1
/system identity
set name=dc-jkb-dsa-4
/system package update
set channel=release-candidate
/system routerboard settings
set boot-os=router-os silent-boot=no
You have model and version i initial comment rows my LACP problem connect only Core interface (LACP sfpsfpplus1,sfpsfplus2) to upstream network nothing else. Now the switch on vlan64 will get ip and can access everything it should. But nothing from the upstream device can access the bride not by mac nor IP.
If i then check the connection by connecting a laptop to ether1 this laptop gets ip from upstream dhcp and all works AND the bridge itself is accessable from upstream on other device(winbox l2 or l3).

The minute I disconnect the laptop (ether1) so that the only active port in bridge is Core (lacp hw bond/trunk) then the same upstream system can't access the bride no more through any l2 or l3 means in winbox. It is seen still but can't login.

Please try to replicate and Confirm that you are aware of this an working on fixing it.

[Ticket#2018031222001218] RE: LACP HW problem reac [...]
Last edited by JimmyNyholm on Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:15 am

Exactly... The CPUs in CRS class devices are weak, extremely weak. I assisted someone recently that couldn't do 10Mbps routing on a CRS125, as this was software based.

I would like to see more high end merchant silicon implementations. Broadcom Dune, for example, was released in 2015 and provides 800 Gbps forwarding capacity per device, VXLAN, NVGRE, Geneve, MPLS, VPLS, hierarchical traffic manager with support for thousands of flows and external DDR4 or GDDR5 packet buffering support.

People are excited about CRS326 when a 4 year old D-Link DGS (8x1Gbps UTP, 24x1Gbps SFP, 2x10Gbps, dual power) switch does everything wirespeed and supports (R|M)STP, QinQ, dot1q-tunnel?

Mikrotik should work on their RouterOS 7 unicorn, these functions are missing and sorely needed:
- IPv6 blackholing
- Per interface rp-filter settings (no reverse path filtering in IPv6 at all currently)
- MPLS for static or BGP routes
- BGP multi-protocol support (IPv4 BGP sessions that exchange IPv6 routes and then switch traffic using MPLS labels)
- IPv6 MPLS
- VirtIO NIC multi-queue support
- Integrate the high-availability work that community members have done. Most people would probably purchase pairs of CCR devices if they could simply connect a heartbeat cable and enable a feature.
- Proper VRF isolation and working trace routes
- IPv4 and IPv6 feature parity (NAT (even just 6to6 or prefix translation), connection tracking, etc)

I've been using QinQ trunking in software bridges on a hex for sometime now. Nothing really special to report about it. I imagine it's software switched but for me that's not a problem.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:00 am

Exactly... The CPUs in CRS class devices are weak, extremely weak. I assisted someone recently that couldn't do 10Mbps routing on a CRS125, as this was software based.
Well the CPU is weak, but not THAT weak. To have that problem you would have to do IPsec or extremely lot of (and badly ordered) filters.

However, a CRS is NOT a replacement for an L3-routing switch as available from A-brand manufacturers (HP Procurve / Aruba Networks, Cisco etc).
Those switches do wirespeed routing just like they do wirespeed switching, and a CRS simply cannot do that.

My position remains, when you require a professional switch with wirespeed L3 routing and other facilities available in that range (DHCP and ARP snooping/filtering etc)
then do not buy from MikroTik. MicroTik has some nice low-end switches that can do some routing but it is only intended for management and/or some special use
case, not to route the main traffic of the switch. And it does not offer many of the facilities available on those professional switches.

Maybe it will change in the future, but hey, maybe in the future we'll also get RouterOS v7. However, that does not seem to be the near future.
So for now, buy CRS only when you need mainly plain switching and no advanced features.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:46 am

Version 6.41.3 has been released with fixes from 6.42rc backported to 6.41.x release tree:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=131810

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 am

What's new in 6.42rc41 (2018-Mar-09 08:01):

*) ipsec - improved single tunnel hardware acceleration performance on MMIPS platform devices;
*) snmp - provide "board-name" information;

biatche
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:40 pm

small changelog, final version soon? :)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:46 pm

small changelog, final version soon? :)
No, everyone is now working on the big IPv6 update!
(I am dreaming...)

juliokato
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:33 pm

Me too.....
:lol:
No, everyone is now working on the big IPv6 update!
(I am dreaming...)

benbennett
just joined

Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:52 am

Went from 6.42rc24 to 6.42rc41 and it broke my dual WAN configuration, its similar to this configuration except I am just using 2 WANS with a 3:1 ratio, ie one WAN gets more traffic. https://aacable.wordpress.com/tag/mikro ... wan-links/

Cannot roll back either or force a downgrade for some reason.

Would resetting the configuration and downgrading work? I don't know why the downgrade just fails. It just reboots and I am stuck on 6.42rc41

( I have the script that saves backup every reboot, so I was just going to reset, downgrade,upgrade ,restore)

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 am

It just reboots and I am stuck on 6.42rc41
And nothing in Log?

doneware
Trainer
Trainer

Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:20 pm

*) capsman - improved CAPsMAN responsiveness on systems with large amount of CAP interfaces;
can anyone please describe in numeric format, what "large amount" means?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Hundreds

benbennett
just joined

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 pm

Here is the log where it started going wrong
omitting package system-6.41.3: older package is already provided
can not install ppp-6.41.3: system-6.41.3 is not installed, but is required

benbennett
just joined

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Got it to downgrade. There were packages in the root directory on the router that I was using to sync files to a dude server. That was causing a conflict.

Sorry my problem.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:33 pm

What's new in 6.42rc43 (2018-Mar-14 10:45):

!) tile - improved overall system performance and stability ("/system routerboard upgrade" required);
*) crs326 - fixed known multicast flooding to the CPU;
*) ssh - generate SSH keys only on the first connect attempt instead of the first boot;
*) ups - improved disconnect message handling between RouterOS and UPS;
*) wireless - enable all chains by default on devices without external antennas after configuration reset;

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:20 pm

*) ssh - generate SSH keys only on the first connect attempt instead of the first boot;
Could you please comment on why this change was made?

Is it not better to generate these at startup than to make an user wait the first time he connects?
Specifically on older boards (with single-core 400MHz CPUs), this generation can take a long time.

Lets say I power-on a new router , or a router that has been reset to empty config.
It's way more comfortable for me for that router to generate its SSH keys while I might be clicking doing other things, rather than make me wait when I want to connect.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:39 pm

Specifically on older boards (with single-core 400MHz CPUs), this generation can take a long time.

Lets say I power-on a new router , or a router that has been reset to empty config.
It's way more comfortable for me for that router to generate its SSH keys while I might be clicking doing other things, rather than make me wait when I want to connect.
My guess would be that routers are powered off-on during initialization when it takes so long, and configuration gets inconsistent resulting in complaints or returns.

upower3

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:01 am

Tried 6.42rc43 and found nice visual bug:

Under System -> Routerboard I can see factory ROS version, while under System -> Resources it is blank field.

Any SIM slot control button still there even that RB951G-2HnD have no such slot. Funny to see this suddenly appeared "feature".

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:09 am

Under System -> Routerboard I can see factory ROS version, while under System -> Resources it is blank field.
One is RouterOS version, the other is boot firmware version.
Looks like older devices do not have a record about factory RouterOS version.

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 am

Could you please comment on why this change was made?

Is it not better to generate these at startup than to make an user wait the first time he connects?

+1

Keyko

6.42rc43 +hAP AC^2 = boot loop

Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:07 am

Good afternoon.

Such a problem - 6.42rc43 +hAP AC^2 = boot loop. If you roll 6.42rc43 and do not update the firmware, everything seems to be fine, but it's worth updating the firmware and the router stupidly goes to the boot loops. At the same time, I tried to download a stable version via nethinstall, but there is still a loop.

If the router reboots from the button (pull out the button, hold down the button, insert the PS and wait for 20 seconds, the router allows you to go through the winbox, but if you just reboot or turn it off / on, it's a loop again.

I was able to roll back to stable firmware in this way - installed 6.41.3, then rebooted from the button to the factory, connected to winbox and rolled firmware by pressing "update firmware" several times and then rebooted the device.

So it goes.

Sincerely.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:14 am

tomaskir, pe1chl, 105547111 - Waiting time is not too long. This kind of implementation will satisfy the biggest part of the users so we decided to re-make this generate process.
upower3, eworm - This is not a bug. If router was installed in factory before we introduced this feature "show min RouterOS version", then this value is not specified. These are two different variables - RouterBOOT and RouterOS minimal supported versions.
Keyko - We will look into this problem and fix it as soon as possible if we managed to reproduce it. I recommend that you still contact support@mikrotik.com regarding this problem so you can get more feedback from our side and reach solution much faster.

tomaskir
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 am

Waiting time is not too long. This kind of implementation will satisfy the biggest part of the users so we decided to re-make this generate process.
But what is the benefit - what was the original need to change this?

Because from what I can see, this has only disadvantages.
Making users wait when they want to connect is NOT a good UX.

morf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:07 pm

The big problem on CCR1072 with 6.42rc43 (Release candidate)
After the upgrade, all 10g interfaces were lost! Only 1 gb copper is still visible. Reset did not help.
I had to roll back to a stable 6.41.3

atlanticd

Re: 6.42rc43 +hAP AC^2 = boot loop

Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Hi strods, Keyko,

I experienced the same on my hAP ac^2. I upgraded from factory 6.40.5 to 6.42rc43 using netinstall (netinstall version was also 6.42rc43). After successful update, I triggered firmware upgrade in Winbox by clicking on Upgrade button on System/Routerboard menu. After upgrading the firmware to 6.42rc43, the boot loop started. I tried to install with netinstall and RouterBOOT "15 seconds" method 6.41.3, again 6.42rc43, and lastly 6.40.6, and although install was always successful, the boot loop still remained. In the end I recognized that even without pressing reset button while plugging in the power, it always went to RouterBOOT (I saw it in netinstall Ready state always). Finally, I reverted by RouterBOOT "5 seconds" factory reset method to boot, that booted properly RouterOS 6.40.6 (the last I tried with netinstall), and I saw that current firmware was 6.42rc43, and Upgrade firmware was 3.43. Here is a screenshot:

Once I clicked on Upgrade, and after reboot, I could properly boot again. And upgrade again to 6.42rc43 (and of course this time I skipped firmware upgrade, so it is running now with ROS=6.42rc43 and RouterBOOT 3.43)

So steps to reproduce:
1. Upgrade from factory firmware to 6.42rc43
2. Upgrade firmware to 6.42rc43
3. Bootloop start to happen

Revert:
1. Boot the device with "5 seconds method" : Hold this button during boot time until LED light starts flashing, release the button to reset RouterOS configuration (total 5 seconds)
2. Trigger Upgrade (which is actually Downgrade) of RouterBoot firmware

Kindly ask you to investigate this issue. Thank you.

Good afternoon.

Such a problem - 6.42rc43 +hAP AC^2 = boot loop. If you roll 6.42rc43 and do not update the firmware, everything seems to be fine, but it's worth updating the firmware and the router stupidly goes to the boot loops. At the same time, I tried to download a stable version via nethinstall, but there is still a loop.

If the router reboots from the button (pull out the button, hold down the button, insert the PS and wait for 20 seconds, the router allows you to go through the winbox, but if you just reboot or turn it off / on, it's a loop again.

I was able to roll back to stable firmware in this way - installed 6.41.3, then rebooted from the button to the factory, connected to winbox and rolled firmware by pressing "update firmware" several times and then rebooted the device.

So it goes.

Sincerely.

psannz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: 6.42rc43 +hAP AC^2 = boot loop

Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:21 pm

Good afternoon.

Can confirm the issue, 6.42rc43 RouterBoot and hAP AC^2 don't mix well.

soonwai
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 pm

I'm getting this error "no such item (4)" when enabling or disabling the pppoe client interface. Router is RB750Gr3 6.42RC43.
Note that this problem is not unique to 6.42RC43. I've encountered it before. It's just that I've only started looking into it now.

If I do a "/interface disable pppoe-out1 " then wait more than approximately 16 secs, and do a "/interface enable pppoe-out1 ", I will receive the error "no such item (4)".
Less than approx 16 secs, no error.

If I try the above with an ethernet port, no error.

Same thing happens on an RB2011UAS-2HnD running 6.42rc41.

Not a big problem, more of an annoyance, during normal use but wreaks havoc with scripts that takes longer than 16 secs between disabling and enabling the pppoe-out1 interface.
Last edited by soonwai on Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm getting this error "no such item (4)" when enabling or disabling the pppoe client interface. Router is RB750Gr3 6.42RC43.
Note that this problem is not unique to 6.42RC43. I've encountered it before. It's just that I've only started looking into it now.
I faced this kind of problem in WinBox a few times (enabling ipip and eoip interfaces, AFAIR) on ~v6.40-41

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am

What's new in 6.42rc46 (2018-Mar-20 05:53):

*) dhcp - reduced resource usage of DHCP services;
*) netinstall - sign Netinstall executable with an Extended Validation Code Signing Certificate;
*) quickset - by default use "/24" subnet for local network;
*) quickset - properly detect IP address when one of the bridge modes is used;
*) routerboot - fixed RouterBOOT upgrade process (introduced in v6.42rc);
*) winbox - added "use-dn" setting in OSPF instance General menu;
*) winbox - moved OSPF instance "routing-table" setting in OSPF instance General menu;
*) winbox - use proper graph name for HDD graphs;
*) wireless - improved Nv2 PtMP performance;

atlanticd

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:57 am

Hi strods,

can you please confirm that above line means the fix for the problem of boot loop on hAP ac^2 reported by Keyko, and confirmed by me and psannz in this forum topic? If yes, I will try to upgrade RouterBOOT in the evening on my hAP ac^2. Thank you!

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:16 am

Update regarding 6.42rc latest release:

We have made a potentially significant improvement for wireless Nv2 PtMP configurations in the latest 6.42rc version release.

Those of you who are willing to test rc versions on your test network, please upgrade to the latest version, test the performance and report to support@mikrotik.com with the results. Your effort and feedback will be highly appreciated.

Please note that rc versions are released strictly for testing purposes and should not be used on crucial network devices.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:17 am

atlanticd - Yes, that is the fix for the problem. Please test it and report back to us with the results.

blingblouw

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:47 am

Regarding nv2.

Do we update clients and ap or just ap?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:08 pm

We have made a potentially significant improvement for wireless Nv2 PtMP configurations in the latest 6.42rc version release.
Before such protocols are of any use to us, we need you to implement airMAX, the other guys to implement NV2, or you both agree
on a standard that both can implement. We invariably have a mix of different manufacturers of user equipment and now can
only use bare 802.11 or it will not be compatible :-( :-(

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Regarding nv2.

Do we update clients and ap or just ap?
All the changes are on the AP side so you need to upgrade the AP. Client version can stay the same.

atlanticd

Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:29 pm

atlanticd - Yes, that is the fix for the problem. Please test it and report back to us with the results.
Hi strods,

I can confirm that the RouterBOOT firmware upgrade to 6.42rc46 works, and it is not causing boot loop anymore. However I noticed that after firmware upgrade (and only after Firmware upgrade, not ROS upgrade), the total memory and free memory shows much less than before. Instead of ~256 MB now it is ~128 MB.

free-memory: 79.1MiB
             total-memory: 106.3MiB
I reported earlier in another topic that interestingly my hAP ac^2 unit came with 256 MB unexpectedly, and a colleague from MikroTik support stated it that some unit came with more memory. Can you confirm that MikroTik now limit by intention the available memory in this new firmware just to meet the specs, even though the unit has more memory physically, or was it a software bug?
Thank you.

huntah
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:56 am

Seems like my hap ac2 has 233 MB RAM . at least on ROS 6.40.5
Using it as Cap for testing. So did not jump tu 6.42rc yet..
uptime: 1d7h32m31s
                  version: 6.40.5 (stable)
               build-time: Oct/31/2017 13:05:15
         factory-software: 6.40.5
              free-memory: 208.7MiB
             total-memory: 233.4MiB
                      cpu: ARMv7
                cpu-count: 4
            cpu-frequency: 716MHz
           free-hdd-space: 4216.0KiB
          total-hdd-space: 15.3MiB
  write-sect-since-reboot: 136
         write-sect-total: 136
               bad-blocks: 0%
        architecture-name: arm
               board-name: hAP ac^2

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:11 pm

What's new in 6.42rc48 (2018-Mar-21 11:13):

*) health - fixed empty measurements on CRS328-24P-4S+RM;
*) led - removed unused "link-act-led" trigger for devices which does not use it;
*) ups - improved communication between router and UPS;
*) wireless - improved Nv2 PtMP performance;

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:38 pm

What's new in 6.42rc48 (2018-Mar-21 11:13):
Is the version a typo? My systems find 6.42rc49.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Is the version a typo? My systems find 6.42rc49.
Isn't a typo, were launched two versions today.

https://mikrotik.com/download/changelog ... lease-tree

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:45 pm

What's new in 6.42rc49 (2018-Mar-21 12:34):

*) w60g/Wireless-Wire - increased supported distance for wAP 60G to 200+ meters;

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Update regarding 6.42rc latest release:

We have made a significant improvement for 60 GHz wireless (Wireless Wire and wAP 60G) configurations in the latest 6.42rc version release.

Those of you who are willing to test rc versions on your test network, please upgrade to the latest version, test the performance and report to support@mikrotik.com with the results. Your effort and feedback will be highly appreciated.

Please note that rc versions are released strictly for testing purposes and should not be used on crucial network devices.

psannz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:06 pm

confirmed, RouterBOOT upgrade installed ok on hAP ac². Upgraded from ROS 6.41.3 to 6.42rc49, then from RouterBOOT 6.41.3 to 6.42rc49 without any problems.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:08 pm

That is what I see too, so then you have lost the battle :)
Better to give good education.
Exactly!

PaulsMT
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi strods,

I can confirm that the RouterBOOT firmware upgrade to 6.42rc46 works, and it is not causing boot loop anymore. However I noticed that after firmware upgrade (and only after Firmware upgrade, not ROS upgrade), the total memory and free memory shows much less than before. Instead of ~256 MB now it is ~128 MB.

free-memory: 79.1MiB
             total-memory: 106.3MiB
I reported earlier in another topic that interestingly my hAP ac^2 unit came with 256 MB unexpectedly, and a colleague from MikroTik support stated it that some unit came with more memory. Can you confirm that MikroTik now limit by intention the available memory in this new firmware just to meet the specs, even though the unit has more memory physically, or was it a software bug?
Thank you.
Thank you for your report, the total-memory value will be reported correctly starting from the firmware version 6.42rc50

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:48 am

[admin@sw-under] > interface bonding print
Flags: X - disabled, R - running 
 0    name="CoreUplink" mtu=1500 mac-address=64:D1:54:EA:BC:83 arp=enabled arp-timeout=auto slaves=sfp-sfpplus1,sfp-sfpplus2 mode=802.3ad primary=none link-monitoring=mii arp-interval=100ms arp-ip-targets="" mii-interval=100ms down-delay=0ms up-delay=0ms lacp-rate=1sec 
      transmit-hash-policy=layer-3-and-4 min-links=0 
[admin@sw-under] > export 
# jan/09/1970 16:55:12 by RouterOS 6.42rc43
# software id = E34N-V9KR
#
# model = CRS317-1G-16S+
# serial number = 7A1407CB40B1
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus2 ] mac-address=64:D1:54:EA:BC:83
/interface bridge
add fast-forward=no igmp-snooping=yes name=bridge1 protocol-mode=none pvid=64 vlan-filtering=yes
/interface bonding
add lacp-rate=1sec mode=802.3ad name=CoreUplink slaves=sfp-sfpplus1,sfp-sfpplus2 transmit-hash-policy=layer-3-and-4
/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1
add bridge=bridge1 frame-types=admit-only-vlan-tagged interface=CoreUplink pvid=4094 unknown-multicast-flood=no unknown-unicast-flood=no
/interface bridge vlan
add bridge=bridge1 tagged=CoreUplink untagged=bridge1,ether1 vlan-ids=64
/ip dhcp-client
add dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no interface=ether1
/system identity
set name=sw-under
/system package update
/system routerboard settings
set boot-os=router-os silent-boot=no
[admin@sw-under] > 
As soon as a Bond is Created the Mac Fideling starts as in:
/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=sfp-sfpplus2 ] mac-address=64:D1:54:EA:BC:83
Is this Correct... All Interfaces participating should be indiduall in their LACP BDPU collection,hasing,distribution offcource all sending the same system-id mac is this a mixup somewhere?

Will supply more in my Ticket but I think this show that there is something fishy here.
Last edited by JimmyNyholm on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sheriff1972
just joined

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 am

I am having trouble with setting up a CAP AC using the 'quick setup'. Everything was fine until I rolled the last couple of RC updates. I am trying to set up as 'Home AP dual', and configure as before. However it refuses to get an IP address and then I cant access the device thought winbox as it refuses the connection. This then requires a manual reset if the device, but nothing seems to work when setting up with the 'Home AP Dual' quick settings. I have internet back now by using the 'WISP' quick setting and configuring that....

I am a no expert, but it's strange I had no problems from a few RC versions ago.

prague

Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:45 am

20/40mhz-XX for 160MHz ?

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm

hello guys, in the last rc49 release, I wanted to write my hotspot logs on micro sd, only that he can not write on disk1, he always writes on flash
RG 750g3
on the log action type menu, the sd name does not appear

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:17 pm

hello guys, in the last rc49 release, I wanted to write my hotspot logs on micro sd, only that he can not write on disk1, he always writes on flash
RG 750g3
on the log action type menu, the sd name does not appear
Not what you ask for, but you can send you log to syslog.
Install Splunk and you get an amazing log tool for your Mikrotik.
See my post here:
viewtopic.php?t=117509

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:35 pm

I saw the Splunk installation, but I tried not to commit a machine to mount the Splunk server. On PFsense I use NTOPNG, unfortunate that on mikrotik you can not install as memory could be used or USB sticks or better still the Micro SD. I need it because I have to keep track of the surfing of my hotspot. If you have a solution to track without engaging a computer as a log server it would be a great thing
now i use this solution.
https://www.wirelessguru.it/mikrotik/mi ... poe-server

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:57 pm

When you have special requirements that require a special program which isn't available on MikroTik, and you
do not want to spend a lot of money on a dedicated computer, consider using a Raspberry Pi or similar SBC.

tigro11
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:41 pm

nice of the info, could I use the nas synology or qnap to save or view the logs?

staslabs

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:53 pm

6.42rc49 - DISK Lite AC (arm)

NTP client not work

mt99

Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:28 pm

nice of the info, could I use the nas synology or qnap to save or view the logs?
Synology NAS can do it if you install the Log Center package and configure it as the syslog destination for your Mikrotik. QNAP probably does something similar.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:52 am

Updated a 750GL to 6.42rc52, when creating a backup I get:
backup,critical mikrotik: error creating backup file: could not read all configuration files

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:35 pm

What's new in 6.42rc52 (2018-Mar-26 12:41):

*) bridge - fixed "master-port" configuration conversion from pre-v6.41 RouterOS versions (introduced in 6.42rc);
*) certificate - fixed incorrect SCEP URL after an upgrade;
*) chr - added support for "multi-queue" feature for "virtio-net" driver;
*) chr - added support for Amazon Elastic Network Adapter (ENA) driver;
*) chr - added support for booting from NVMe disks;
*) chr - fixed interface matching by name on VMware installations;
*) chr - run startup scripts also on the first boot on AWS and Google Cloud installations;
*) crs3xx - added initial “hw-offload†support for 802.3ad and “balance-xor†bonding;
*) led - fixed unused "link-act-led" LED trigger on RBLHG 2nD, RBLHG 2nD-XL and RBSXTsq 2nD;
*) lte - added initial support for Quectel LTE EP06-E;
*) lte - fixed LTE band setting for SXT LTE;
*) routerboard - properly detect hAP ac^2 RAM size;
*) ssh - fixed SSH service becoming unavailable;
*) traffic-flow - fixed IPv6 destination address value when IPFIX protocol is used;
*) watchdog - retry to send "autosupout.rif" file to an e-mail if initial delivery failed up to 3 times within 20 second interval;

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:07 pm

*) chr - added support for booting from NVMe disks;
Does this mean, that RouterOS can now be installed on UEFI devices?

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Neighbors search sometimes seen, sometimes not in winbox (3.12). (CRS326)
Last edited by hapi on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kometchtech
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Neighbors search sometimes seen, sometimes not in winbox. (CRS326)
I am also experiencing this phenomenon.
It seems that it takes a tremendous amount of time to search RB from Winbox (3.12). After about 10 minutes, I saw some things.

- CCR1009-8G1S-S+
- RB850Gx2
- RB2011UAS

The following RBs were not searched.
- RB3011UiAS
- RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:58 pm

Neighbors search sometimes seen, sometimes not in winbox. (CRS326)
I am also experiencing this phenomenon.
It seems that it takes a tremendous amount of time to search RB from Winbox (3.12). After about 10 minutes, I saw some things.

- CCR1009-8G1S-S+
- RB850Gx2
- RB2011UAS

The following RBs were not searched.
- RB3011UiAS
- RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT

And also CRS112-8P, CRS112-8G, CRS317...

kez

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:36 pm

I've been waiting for this! Thanks!

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:37 pm

We will resolve Winbox ND issue as soon as possible.

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:06 pm

I've been waiting for this! Thanks!
Me too.
How do I tell RouterOS how many queues I have allocated on the hypervisor or does RouterOS set them equal to the number of CPU cores?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Per CPU, I think. Check with
/system resource irq print where users~"virtio"

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:25 pm

Per CPU, I think. Check with
/system resource irq print where users~"virtio"
Good tip, thanks.
It does automatically detect how many queues are configured. No need to change anything in RouterOS.

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:11 pm

My LACP problem is still Present in this RC ([Ticket#2018031222001218] LACP HW problem reaching bridge)

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:06 pm

My LACP problem is still Present in this RC ([Ticket#2018031222001218] LACP HW problem reaching bridge)
We cannot see this ticket's contents.

yhfung
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:37 pm

I know that there are some problems in the WiFi section of hAP ac^2. There are significantly improvement with V6.42rc52, however, this is not enough. Please take at take at the following figures:

iperf3 server installed on a QNAP NAS
iperf3 client installed on MacBook Pro
5G With WiFi Password, Firmware 6.42RC52

Connecting to host 192.168.55.203, port 5201
[  4] local 192.168.88.253 port 50625 connected to 192.168.55.203 port 5201
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
[  4]   0.00-1.00   sec  46.2 MBytes   388 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   1.00-2.00   sec  21.2 MBytes   178 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   2.00-3.00   sec  28.4 MBytes   238 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   3.00-4.00   sec  49.1 MBytes   414 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   4.00-5.00   sec  48.9 MBytes   410 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   5.00-6.00   sec  49.3 MBytes   414 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   6.00-7.00   sec  48.6 MBytes   408 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   7.00-8.00   sec  33.8 MBytes   283 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   8.00-9.00   sec  34.8 MBytes   292 Mbits/sec                  
[  4]   9.00-10.00  sec  50.0 MBytes   419 Mbits/sec                  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
[ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   410 MBytes   344 Mbits/sec                  sender
[  4]   0.00-10.00  sec   410 MBytes   344 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.
The figure shows very good. However, when we attempted to carry the actual file download tests, it turns out very dissatisfactory.

hAP ac² file transfer test
310.66MB file

V6.40.5 310MB (92s)27Mbps
V6.40.6(bug fixed) 310MB (82s) 30Mbps
V6.41.3 (stable) 310MB (124s) 20Mbps
V6.42.RC52 310MB (3s) 826Mbps
V6.42.RC52 310MB (30s) 83Mbps
V6.42.RC52 1.64GB file (147s) 89Mbps

hAP ac lite 5G WiFi file transfer test
V6.40.6 310MB (28s) 89Mbps.

Also I carried out the Mikrotik bandwidth test on both hAP ac^2 and hAP ac lite.

hAP ac^2 5G WiFi

hAp ac lite

Can anyone tell how comes the differences of them are so big?
Last edited by yhfung on Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 pm

When you compare tests made with different tools (e.g. iperf VS. CIFS) you have to be aware of behaviour of test "tools". Tests done using iperf are not affected by latency much (apart from usual TCP slow-start) while some more "chatty" protocol (such as CIFS file transfer) can be affected by larger latency quite much.

In your particular case one needs to know what was latency during CIFS test (and latency with idle connection) and it might become quite obvious why CIFS shows so much worse results than iperf. Or it might not.

I work for mobile network operator and when we are measuring pure radio performance, we allways use iperf (and UDP). If such "raw" test shows good performance, then the rest is lost elsewhere, either other parts of network or is artefact of application. One example of application affecting tests was when using Ookla Speedtest on Android: we were consistently getting much worse results when running Speedtest directly on smart phone than when running Speedtest on laptop with USB tethering between the very same smart phone and laptop. We attributed the difference to the fact that phone's CPU was unable to process all data in due time. We also observed negative impact of app when testing latency. Speedtest, run on laptop, was giving us say 30ms RTT but we were able to show that reply from server arrived into the laptop after say 22ms ... but app took another few ms to process data. We couldn't say when additional delay occurred (at TX or at RX or both), but that's about how correct tests can be.

NetflashTechnical
just joined

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:14 pm

With the Unknown Unicast/Multicast Flood disable button being added in to the bridgeports, is there a way we can get that added to PPP profiles similar to bridge/bridge priority/cost/horizon? OR have a bridge-wide default option for it to be either on or off? I'd rather it DIDN'T default to "on"

Thanks

yhfung
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:08 am

When you compare tests made with different tools (e.g. iperf VS. CIFS) you have to be aware of behaviour of test "tools". Tests done using iperf are not affected by latency much (apart from usual TCP slow-start) while some more "chatty" protocol (such as CIFS file transfer) can be affected by larger latency quite much.

Thank you very much for responding my post. Based on your information, I have already learned more about network bandwidth, throughput, and latency.

Based on the results of MikroTik Bandwidth test on hAP ac^2 5G ac and hAP ac lite 5G ac, they show that the firmware V6.42RC52 on hAP ac^2 has to be finely tuned to achieve a stable and nearly flat performance otherwise the sales order for this product will drop tremendously due to poor and unstable performance.

In summary,

1. Bandwidth - can be determined by iperf3, MikroTik bandwidth test

2. Throughput - can be determined by actual file transfer or the equivalent area in MikroTik bandwidth Test

3. Latency - can be determined by ping command.

poizzon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:57 pm

/system package> print
Flags: X - disabled
# NAME VERSION SCHEDULED
0 routeros-arm 6.42rc52
1 system 6.42rc52
2 X ipv6 6.42rc52
3 wireless 6.42rc52
4 hotspot 6.42rc52
5 dhcp 6.42rc52
6 mpls 6.42rc52
7 routing 6.42rc52
8 ppp 6.42rc52
9 security 6.42rc52
10 advanced-tools 6.42rc52
/system routerboard> print
routerboard: yes
board-name: cAP ac
model: RouterBOARD cAP Gi-5acD2nD
serial-number: **************
firmware-type: ipq4000L
factory-firmware: 3.43
current-firmware: 6.42rc52
upgrade-firmware: 6.42rc52
14:18:26 system,info device changed by admin
14:18:35 wireless,debug wlan2: must select channel
14:18:35 wireless,debug wlan2: selected channel 5260000
14:18:35 wireless,debug wlan2: search for radars on 5260000
14:19:35 wireless,debug wlan2: no radar detetected, start network
14:19:42 system,info device changed by admin
14:19:51 wireless,debug wlan2: must select channel
14:19:51 wireless,debug wlan2: selected channel 5500000
14:19:51 wireless,debug wlan2: search for radars on 5500000
14:20:51 wireless,debug wlan2: no radar detetected, start network
14:20:53 system,info device changed by admin
14:21:02 wireless,debug wlan2: must select channel
14:21:02 wireless,debug wlan2: selected channel 5520000
14:21:02 wireless,debug wlan2: search for radars on 5520000
14:22:02 wireless,debug wlan2: no radar detetected, start network
14:22:03 system,info device changed by admin
14:22:12 wireless,debug wlan2: must select channel
14:22:12 wireless,debug wlan2: selected channel 5540000
14:22:12 wireless,debug wlan2: search for radars on 5540000
14:32:12 wireless,debug wlan2: no radar detetected, start network
14:32:14 system,info device changed by admin
14:32:22 wireless,debug wlan2: must select channel
14:32:22 wireless,debug wlan2: selected channel 5560000
14:32:22 wireless,debug wlan2: search for radars on 5560000
14:42:22 wireless,debug wlan2: no radar detetected, start network
14:42:26 system,info device changed by admin
14:42:35 wireless,debug wlan2: must select channel
14:42:35 wireless,debug wlan2: selected channel 5580000
14:42:35 wireless,debug wlan2: search for radars on 5580000
14:52:22 wireless,debug wlan2: no radar detetected, start network

Is there any bug? DFS searching time is 10minutes ??

p.s.: found answer... : IEEE 802.18-08/0016r0
Radar Detect and DFS on MikroTik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbrbRUAfpac

Is it possible to display the time in the status window?

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:30 pm

I also have Mimosa and there the DFS even takes the network down longer. Up to some 15-20 minutes. Partially also because when the AP if 'free'd' from the DFS it takes a long time before clients are associated back and in full running mode again. Actually, if your Mimosa P2MP network is hammered by DFS you might as well not use is it at all....... completely unusable. You have to find a band/channel that has no radar or no DFS restrictions. Only then it works. (there is no way of avoiding DFS in Mimosa product line, as we can with MT. ;-) )

poizzon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:16 pm

I also have Mimosa and there the DFS even takes the network down longer. Up to some 15-20 minutes. Partially also because when the AP if 'free'd' from the DFS it takes a long time before clients are associated back and in full running mode again. Actually, if your Mimosa P2MP network is hammered by DFS you might as well not use is it at all....... completely unusable. You have to find a band/channel that has no radar or no DFS restrictions. Only then it works. (there is no way of avoiding DFS in Mimosa product line, as we can with MT. ;-) )
I understood it.
I'm playing with capsman ant 5 access points, At first time I did not understand why there is no wireless connection... :)

But I think it will be better if in satus window will show not only detecting radar but countdown timer, so you will known exactly when detecting will end.

deanMKD1

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:17 pm

After flashing latest 6.42RC52 Winbox not auto detect my hAP AC2.

th0massin0
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:56 pm

What does it fix excatly? Does it improve connection stability?

yhfung
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:41 pm

I have already created another thread concentrating on the status of the WiFi problems found in hAP ac^2 in the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132648&p=651986#p651751

Even applied the most recent RC (V6.42RC52), although the speed for 5G WiFi has already been increased from 20Mbps to 90Mbps, which is much below our expectations. We want the device to be capable to download file at a steady and stable rate of 500Mbps over at least an hour and not just few mini-seconds..

irghost

Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 am

What does it fix excatly? Does it improve connection stability?
no
we couldn't change LTE band from 3 to 7
in older versions

schadom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:24 am

*) snmp - added w60g support;
BGP4 MIB (RFC 4273) next please :-)

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:31 am

PPPoE Server not work into VLAN Interfaces
reverting back to 6.39.1 that works perfectly
tested with RB3011 and CCR1009

I use a vlan to deliver to each neighborhood or sector,
/interface bridge add name=LAN
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN interface=ether5
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN interface=ether6
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN interface=ether7
/interface bridge port add bridge=LAN interface=ether8

/interface vlan add name=POP-CENTRO-SECTOR-LESTE interface=LAN use-service-tag=yes vlan-id=100

/ip pool add name=PPPoE-RES-1M ranges=172.16.11.1-172.16.11.126

/ppp profile add dns-server=172.31.255.2,1.1.1.2 local-address=1.1.1.2 name="1 MEGA" rate-limit="1M/1M" remote-address=PPPoE-RES-1M
/interface pppoe-server server add disabled=no interface=POP-CENTRO-SECTOR-LESTE default-profile="1 MEGA" service-name=BRAS1

Arriving in the neighborhood, i untag the vlan in the sectorial wlan like this (into my sectors SXT SA5).
/interface bridge add name=bridge1
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge1 interface=wlan1
/interface bridge port add bridge=bridge1 interface=ether1
/interface wireless set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] vlan-id=100 vlan-mode=use-service-tag

the PPPoE server shows this looping log:
jan/01 21:04:16 pppoe,info PPPoE connection established from D4:6E:0E:BC:E2:FB
jan/01 21:04:16 pppoe,info PPPoE connection from D4:6E:0E:BC:E2:FB was already active - closing previous one

it is not a problem of the sector nor the wireless configuration this also happens by cable or fiber, untagging and dialing with any other brand that is not RouterOS not only works RouterOS dial PPPoE, can test, it is not a configuration problem, because everything worked perfectly in earlier versions,

I apologize for the long thread in the forum, but I've been posting a lot of time on the forums on Release Candidate until now, never solved.
reverting back to 6.39.1 that works perfectly

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:07 am

What kind of cases does it address?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:20 am

The rbd52g hap ac2 wifi performance is really painful.

Mikrotik, please provide a statement to this.

Traveller

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:30 am

After flashing latest 6.42RC52 Winbox not auto detect my hAP AC2.
In version 6.42rc52 on Hаp Ас^2 there are problems with Interface/interface list. Tools that use interface list do not work. Such as the MAC winbox server or parameter In. Interface list in firewall rules.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:52 am

L2TP/IPSec wasn't working for me in earlier RCs :)

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:30 pm

L2TP/IPSec wasn't working for me in earlier RCs :)
I should have been more specific. Does it affect 6.41.3, or was introduced on this RC? Is it a problem with the wildcard no matching at all? Or matching too much? Or just matching incorrectly?

TIA

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:11 pm

L2TP/IPsec works OK on 6.41.3 so it must have been introduced in the RC (or it is a problem I don't notice...)

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:07 pm

Yep, it was introduced in RC, just a few versions earlier. I noticed it on default configuration.

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:01 pm

Yep, it was introduced in RC, just a few versions earlier. I noticed it on default configuration.
Ah, thanks. Good to know. :D

JimmyNyholm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:13 pm

Confirmation from MT in Mail RC55 will have fix for my LACP Bonding problem. Have a Nice week end and I hope for the soon Release of RC55. One wonder what more magical fixes will be included.
;-)

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:37 pm

Confirmation from MT in Mail RC55 will have fix for my LACP Bonding problem. Have a Nice week end and I hope for the soon Release of RC55. One wonder what more magical fixes will be included.
;-)
Let's hope is doesn't introduce new bugs after all that German beer..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:52 pm

What's new in 6.42rc56 (2018-Apr-09 08:18):

*) dhcpv4-server - added "dns-none" option to "/ip dhcp-server network dns";
*) dns - do not generate "Undo" messages on changes to dynamic servers;
*) ike2 - fixed framed IP address received from RADIUS server;
*) ippool6 - added pool name to "no more addresses left" error message;
*) ipv6 - fixed IPv6 behavior when slave leaves bridge;
*) ipv6 - update IPv6 DNS from RA only when it is changed;
*) led - added "Dark Mode" support for wAP 60G;
*) led - added w60g alignment trigger;
*) rb1100ahx4 - improved reliability on hardware encryption;
*) w60g - added "tx-power" setting (CLI only);
*) w60g - added RSSI information (CLI only);
*) w60g - added TX sector alignment information (CLI only);
*) winbox - fixed Neighbor Discovery and MAC Winbox (introduced in v6.42rc);
*) wireless - fixed RB911-5HnD low transmit power issue;
*) wireless - fixed wsAP wrong 5 GHz interface MAC address;

yhfung
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:57 pm

This testing release (v6.42rc56) cannot resolve the poor WiFi performance issue in hAP ac^2. For details, please refer to the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=132648&p=653102#p653102

YH

soooc

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:12 am

In rc56 w60g multipoint is not working and there is no opportunity to generate support.rif. Its looks lock, reboot takes about 2 minutes to start.

Traveller

Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 am

hAP ac^2. When upgrading from rc52 to rc56, i get a bootloop again. Restored by netinstall.

pepek
just joined

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 am

hAP ac^2 upgraded correctly from rc52 to rc56 but wifi performance is still very poor - the same problem yhfung is talking about.

skylark
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:20 am

hAP ac^2. When upgrading from rc52 to rc56, i get a bootloop again. Restored by netinstall.
Everything works for me without issues. Can you repeat this reboot loop after Netinstall with RouterOS and RouterBOOT
.rc56
versions?

Traveller

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:30 am

Can you repeat this reboot loop after Netinstall with RouterOS and RouterBOOT
.rc56
versions?
No. Now, with rc56, router reboot correctly.

miencek
just joined

Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Hello. I'm trying to use the new function of the fetch tool but unfortunately I can not send the content to a variable. Has anyone already used the USER mode?
:global zmienna [/tool fetch mode=tftp address=192.168.88.1 src-path=test.txt output=user]

dksoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:33 pm

DELETED

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:46 pm

Hi strods,

We run Proxmox (Debian 9 with KVM) and upgraded a CHR to 6.42rc 56 to test multi-queue VirtIO network support.

We set queues equal to the assigned CPU cores and upgraded the router. After booting RouterOS there are no entries in '/int ethernet'...
Last edited by bbs2web on Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jfmt
just joined

Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Hello.

Maybe this bug or feature.

I use 6.42rc56 CRS317-1G-16S+ for build bonding (LAG+LACP+HW Offload) with HP G8 server with Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

I use Mikrotik as DHCP Server, Linux work as client. DHCP, ICMP work good. But from Linux over bonding interface in schem one i can't connect to Mikrotik SSH. Firewall empty. I use Mikrotik as DNS server, but from Linux name not resolve. In tcpdumps all look good, but not work.

Network card type same at all servers.

09:00.0 Ethernet controller: Emulex Corporation OneConnect 10Gb NIC (be3) (rev 01)
09:00.1 Ethernet controller: Emulex Corporation OneConnect 10Gb NIC (be3) (rev 01)

Linux servers bonding configurations.

# Bond

auto ens2f0
allow-hotplug ens2f0
iface ens2f0 inet manual
bond-master bond0

auto ens2f1
allow-hotplug ens2f1
iface ens2f1 inet manual
pre-up sleep 5
bond-master bond0

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet dhcp
bond-mode 802.3ad
bond-miimon 100
bond-lacp-rate 1
bond-slaves ens2f0 ens2f1
bond_xmit_hash_policy layer2+3

Mikrotik configuration.

/interface bridge
add fast-forward=no name=bridge_servers priority=0x1000

/interface bonding
add lacp-rate=1sec min-links=1 mode=802.3ad name=bond_S1 slaves=sfp-sfpplus1,sfp-sfpplus2
add lacp-rate=1sec min-links=1 mode=802.3ad name=bond_H1 slaves=sfp-sfpplus3,sfp-sfpplus4
add lacp-rate=1sec min-links=1 mode=802.3ad name=bond_H2 slaves=sfp-sfpplus5,sfp-sfpplus6

/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=bond_S1
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=bond_H1
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=bond_H2

When i change configuration to active-backup mode at one server. I can ssh/resolve to Mikrotik from any servers.

# Bond

auto ens2f0
allow-hotplug ens2f0
iface ens2f0 inet manual
bond-master bond0

auto ens2f1
allow-hotplug ens2f1
iface ens2f1 inet manual
pre-up sleep 5
bond-master bond0

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet dhcp
bond-mode active-backup
bond-arp-interval 100
bond-arp-ip-target 192.168.112.1
bond-primary ens2f0

/interface bridge port
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=bond_H1
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=bond_H2
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=sfp-sfpplus1
add bridge=bridge_servers interface=sfp-sfpplus2

All other configuration at Mikrotik same. I attache support.rif in Ticket#2018041122005401

Can you help resolve this problem?

When i disable hw-offload on 802.3ad bond interface all start work. When hw-offload enabled i can't connect to servers from Mikrotik.
I found workaround. Add empty EoIP interface to servers bridge and now all look working. Later i understand that this not solve problem.

After some tests i found that communication randomly stop from H1 to S1, for example after one hour more or less. Up/Down bridge interface fix problem but only for some time. I check fault tolerance by logicaly shut one interface of bond, all traffic go one interface. After unshut interface traffic no comeback. This results not for production use. I move to active-backup with ARP monitoring. This without load balance but work. I not try downgrade software. If somebody have information about problem like this write it here.

Mikrotik confirm this problem in ticket #018041122005401. I change schem and add VLAN because need seporate INET from MGMT. Still want use hw-offload for VLAN. But now i have another problem. I can't ping CSS326-24G-2S+ from CRS317-1G-16S+. If i disable hw-offload on port SFP16 all start work. If i shut/unshut bridge all start work.

Maybe this other problem.

Sorry English no my native language.

Thank you.
Last edited by jfmt on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.

poizzon
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:56 am

hAP ac^2 upgraded correctly from rc52 to rc56 but wifi performance is still very poor - the same problem yhfung is talking about.
so there is two tests, one test and after few seconds - second test.

no changes, no move just chrome open new tab and repteat test
DL 2.75Mbps / UL 102.40Mbps
vs
DL 321Mps / UL 416.29Mbps
vs
and third test : DL 370.81Mbps / UL 463.15Mbps
fourth test with distance about half meter : DL 343.02Mbps / UL 517.73Mbps

so wehere is comment from MT ? :D

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132576&p=653717#p653717

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Upgrading RouterOS x86 to 6.42rc56 on a reset configuration results in multi-queue VirtIO appearing to initialise.

Some questions:
  • I assume we should disable RPS?
  • Shouldn't the IRQ counters be incrementing on other queues? Perhaps someone running multi-queue vmxnet3 could compare?

Herewith a screenshot of multi-queue VirtIO. IRQ appear to exclusively increment on the first queue:

Herewith our settings:
/queue type
add kind=mq-pfifo mq-pfifo-limit=10000 name=mq-pfifo-10k
/queue interface
set ether1 queue=mq-pfifo-10k
/ip dhcp-client
add dhcp-options=hostname,clientid disabled=no interface=ether1
/system package update
/system resource irq rps
set ether1 disabled=yes

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:00 pm

Perhaps multi-queue hasn't been enabled by the guest?

Documentation (http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/Multiqueue) details guests having to run:
ethtool -L eth0 combined $queue_num

conecting

Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Can anybody give me some advice how to get RSSI values from cli of WAP 60G ?

npero

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:22 pm

interface w60g monitor wlan60-1 
Just replace wlan60-1 with your interface name they will give it something like this
connected: yes
       frequency: 58320
  remote-address: 04:xxxxxx
             mcs: 4
          signal: 40
            rssi: -68
       tx-sector: 28
  tx-sector-info: left 3.8 degrees, down 3.8 degrees
       rx-sector: 96

emptyfield
just joined

Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:16 pm

After upgrading to 6.42RC56 from 6.40 (to test NV2 improvements) wds interfaces in winbox randomly appearing/disappearing in period about 1 second, but in registration table looks like there is no disconnects and disappeared interfaces still working.. RB433AH with one R52Hn card, nv2, 20/40Ce, 5GHz band.

indnti
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:00 am

Whats going on with 6.42 ? Problems over problems. Bricked hardware, update problems without ends. Maybe you begin from scratch :-(

eddieb

Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 am

There is NO 6.42
Only 6.42rc [release candidate]
RC are BETA versions that can be used to TEST certain new (or fixed) features.
BETA software should not be run on critical devices, just on test networks.

oh3mbc
just joined

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:47 pm

In rc56 w60g multipoint is not working
I confirm this. Went back to 6.41.4 and PtMP is working again.

Kerbia
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Please MikroTik give us more information about the weak performance of hap ac² and cap ac.

What further things can we do to support you fixing the issue?
How have you been able to get the figures published on the product's page?
What's the ETA to fix this huge problem?

Please follow these threads:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=132576&p=653717#p653717
viewtopic.php?f=3&p=654207#p654207

bbs2web
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:26 am

We repeated the exercise again and had success upgrading to 6.42rc56, only the first queue receives IRQ events though. Probably not calling:
ethtool -L ether1 combined 8
Hi strods,

We run Proxmox (Debian 9 with KVM) and upgraded a CHR to 6.42rc 56 to test multi-queue VirtIO network support.

We set queues equal to the assigned CPU cores and upgraded the router. After booting RouterOS there are no entries in '/int ethernet'...

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:18 pm

Version 6.43rc has been released:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=133420