Community discussions

MikroTik App

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Future of LTE products, user feedback requested

Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 pm

We would like to know our customer wishes and use cases on what kind of future LTE technology would be interested in?
1. Which LTE Category you are interested in most - CAT6, CAT7, CAT9, CAT11, CAT12, CAT16 or some other?
2. Which LTE bands and which Carrier Aggregation combinations should be supported?
3. Should it also support Legacy technology like 3G or 2G?
4. Which World/Region/Country would you use it?
5. Which LTE carrier provider you are interested connecting and is there speed/monthly cap for the subscription plans?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Future of LTE products, user feedback requested

Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:30 pm

I'm highly biased here as I work for LTE network operator. Anyhow:

1.If you're planning on launching a new product, go for higher category. Category is not only about maximum user speed, but also about other (somehow less exposed) details, such as max modulation and MIMO rank ... those details raise the max user speed but also improve LTE network throughput (read: be nice to other users )even if your subscription throughput is lower than technical maximum. Please also note that categories are different for downlink and uplink.
2. In short: all of them :wink: LTE networks are evolving and what's rare today might become common thing tomorrow. Example: few nerworks operate LTE on band 1 (FDD 2100MHz). In few years time, when most data users will start using LTE, band 1 will get re-farmed from 3G to LTE. Regarding carrier aggregation combinations: please try to support all standardized combinations and try to support them symmetrically ... in a sense that if you support comination of PCC bandX + SCC bandY, then support also PCC bandY + SCC bandX (PCC: primary component carrier, SCC: secondary component carrier). Non-symetrical CA support can be a PITA when optimizing load on different carriers of LTE network.
Also try to support UL CA as well. Helps with user's throughput as well as with load optimizations on LTE network.
3. It can be handy, but that will become less and less important. LTE network coverage is going to get (almost) perfect mostly everywhere in near future while legacy technologies can not provide level of experienceusers demand. Surely there are certain use cases where e.g. GPRS speed of few 10kbps is much better tha nothing, but for majority of users practical difference between those does not exist.
In short: or the same money better get newer LTE category without legacy mobile network support.
4. Personnaly: Europe ... but I guess my opinion here is by no means statistically relevant.
5. My employer's network ... but see my opinion at point 4. :wink:

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Since IoT is a big topic at the moment, maybe a look on LTE CAT M1/NB1 is interesting (U-Blox has some nice modules like the Sara R410M with promises for global band coverage...).
And regarding 2G/3G, please be aware that while the US drops 3G, the general deployment of LTE in the EU has been postponed until 2020, so 2G/3G is still here for a while.

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:27 pm

I use them in Caravans so I neet full coverage of all different Configurations, internal and external antenna, local wifi antenna around the caravan,
mobile usage while driving (so no antenna with high DB-gains....)

AdinaNet
just joined

Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:26 pm

Howdy Uldis,

I have about 40-50 LTE MT routers in the field now, combination of AT&T and a few Verizon here in Texas, USA. Have to use them for backup Internet, as well as sometimes LTE is available where no other infrastructure is. Love them for the most part, and will likely have 10-20 more in no time. I'm not sure what bands each carrier uses (I delegated that task), but the new WAP-LTE US models work great with AT&T and the MT LTE modem. Considering my problem, I'll take any bandwidth over 3MBit/sec on LTE and smile.

From time to time, 3G would be helpful. I have one site now who gets Verizon 3G and nothing else.

We're a government entity, so we have -real- unlimited through both carriers.

That any help?

RogerWilco

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:58 am

99% of Australia would be happy if your modems are like the Sierra Wireless MC7430 for the Telstra network (which the MC7430 is certified).
Bands: B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, B18, B19, B21, B28, B38-B41

It would probably be easier to just support SW modems since they are available world-wide, support a wide variety of bands and networks.

avacha

Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:47 am

1. Higher is better.
2. Band 3, Band 7, Band 20, Band 38, Band 31. (Russia)
3. (IMPORTANT) - Should it also support Legacy technology like 3G or 2G? -
Of course! There are two reasons:
a) Cell broadband links primary used for suburban areas and other territories with relatively low population density. For this reason, carriers are not willing to upgrade their infrastructure to modern LTE as it doesn't pay. They prefer to upgrade to LTE, first of all, in areas with high population density, like big cities.
b) Since 3G and, to a lesser extent, 2G, still commonly used nowadays, and will be in use in the nearest future for, at least 10-15 years, this technology should be supported in, at least, two future generations of these devices. I don't buy SXT LTE and made MT+USB+external antennas monsters on remote sites only because SXT LTE doesn't support 3G.

I'm also for the support of not only MT modems, but of the widely used Sierra and, outside US, Huawei modems, too. It will enable users to adapt this equipment more flexibly to the national LTE standards.

mlenhart
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:24 pm

1. As much as possible - for upward and backward compatibility :)
2. Same as above - as much as possible
3. Definitely YES
4. European Union
5. Telekom, Orange, O2, SWAN

haik01

Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:10 pm

1. All of them, or selectable at purchase.
2. The user should have the ability to select which bands to aggregate. Make a bullet selection, so I can choose. For example: LTE 800 and LTE 2600 Mhz for provider Tele2, and LTE 1800 and 2100 for provider Vodafone.
3. Yes. At least 3G. Most of the LTE sites are co-siting to 3G. So if LTE fails, or get's congested, 3G might kick in. And yes, 3G should be on ANY band. So mot only the 2100 MHz band, but als UTMS 900 MHz and UMTS 1800.
4. Selectable at purchase (or separate models for different markets).
5. There should be an option to count the bytes in and out. And a user selectable trigger to switch for example to 3G. Or change a route to a slower DSL connection if the data plan of LTE is "full". Also some providers offer "free data" at night for example: between 0:00 and 6:00h. That should be settable in the software (by script, or by GUI)

dadaniel
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:48 am

Please ensure that Passthrough mode is supported in your future LTE products! Why does this work only with those crappy usb sticks and not with your own LTE hardware?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:52 am

Please ensure that Passthrough mode is supported in your future LTE products! Why does this work only with those crappy usb sticks and not with your own LTE hardware?
We will try to make sure that all our future LTE product will work work with the Passthrough option.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:13 am

While some corporate users who have detailed contracts and communication with their provider could have some information like you request, most users are at the mercy of their providers and the local frequency management authority.
"what bands should it support?" well, no idea! it should work.
A typical smartphone user is not concerned with "what bands it supports" either, they just get a phone locally and use the internet. Apparently locally sold phones support the right bands. Apparently the manufacturers and distributors know what is required.

I don't know of their exists some world-wide data about providers, the bands they use, the bands they will use in the near future, etc.
If it exists, maybe in the form of some subscription service used by the other manufacturers, MikroTik should subscribe to it and determine what support it should bring to clients in the areas where their products are sold. If not, MikroTik or the local distributors should probably try to get in contact with the providers directly to gather this information.

haik01

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:27 pm

There is a list of all LTE networks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

But there a so many bands etc... it is better to produce the LTE modems for the region you are going to use.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:41 pm

There is a list of all LTE networks:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

But there a so many bands etc... it is better to produce the LTE modems for the region you are going to use.
Yes we know that. Usually you can't add so many bands supported into one LTE card. As usually the limit is from 5-8 Bands at the same. So there could me multiple cards (one for each global region).

irghost

Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:37 pm

first of all ,carrier aggrigation
second ,support for TDD LTE(band 42 43 ....) and FDD LTE on same device in same time

HaQs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:53 pm

+1 for LTE band 42

Aufan388

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:13 pm

1. CAT6 or higher would be preferred. SXT LTE is only CAT3 and I can't anywhere close to my CAT6 modem in my phone (mostly because CAT3 can't use aggrigation, if I fully understand the differences, creating a more stable bandwidth)
https://www.westbase.io/the-importance- ... ced-cat-6/
2. For me, any major EU LTE bands in central/ western part (Band3 is all I really need for my work.)
3. 3G back backup would be nice
4. Central Europe
5. I use T-mobile. Where I am, they have a true Unlimited data connection ( for now) and speeds would be nice to have as a minimum of 8Mbps.

slimmerwifi
just joined

Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:23 pm

We would like to know our customer wishes and use cases on what kind of future LTE technology would be interested in?
1. Which LTE Category you are interested in most - CAT6, CAT7, CAT9, CAT11, CAT12, CAT16 or some other?
2. Which LTE bands and which Carrier Aggregation combinations should be supported?
5. Which LTE carrier provider you are interested connecting and is there speed/monthly cap for the subscription plans?
1. lte advanced cat 6
2. Carier aggregations between T-Mobile and KPN would be most beneficial.
800 MHz KPN / Vodafone / Tele2
900 MHz KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile
1800 MHz KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile
2100 MHz KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile
2600 MHz KPN / Vodafone / T-Mobile / Tele2 / ZUM
3. No need for legacy, these bands are being used for 4G more and more.
4. We have tested a Huawei 4G+ router with 300 Mbps download and 300 Mbps upload in The Netherlands. It's awesome.
5. We have a business T-mobile subscription that runs us about €50,- a month and there is no speed / data cap per customer.

ambrosemtk
just joined

Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:58 pm

we have not liked the SIM holders thus far ...some users break the contacts when removing and inserting sim
Is it possible to have holders with spring like eject effect would really be nice

Treath1
just joined

Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm from South Africa.
We have Vodacom, MTN, Telkom and CellC in the country.
I love your SXT LTE, the devices are fantastic. Small issues with finding the network here and there, seems somewhat delayed from time to time, but in general excellent.
PLEASE make a dual sim SXT-LTE. Its easy to see at the top of the unit you guys have already planned the possibility for a second sim slot. It would really make the SXT-LTE bullet proof for a VOIP type link.
I also have about 40-50 of these units running.
They are well priced.

pcunite
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:02 am

I would like a device, about the size of the hAP AC, that includes a built-in rechargeable battery. It will provide all the features of the hAP AC, with the added bonus of being able to route traffic over the LTE interface via my AT&T sim card (USA).

nemke
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:45 pm

For my needs RBM11G and RBM311G or wAP R are more then I need with Huawei ME909s-120.
Any LTE card/product which have same performans like this card, BUT WITH FULL SNMP support (Tehnology, signal status, station ID....) and maybe with GPS support, are 10/10 for me.
3G support is need, because MT board are sometimes on ships, so they move, and LTE are not present all the time.

And if that LTE product will be cheaper from Huawei LTE.... WAUUUU :)

Hammy
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Regarding your current products, I'd appreciate better-supported bands. Band 2 is part of PCS, but is a subset of band 25. Band 4 is part of AWS, but not all. Band 4 is a subset of band 66 and 70 adds some more not covered in other AWS-related bands. Band 5 is called CLR, but is a subset of band 26. Band 12 is often called the 700 MHz band and includes band 17. Why couldn't they have used a chip that supported 25 and 26? Is band 17 covered if it has band 12?

I would like to see bands 41and 48 supported, but am aware that's not a universal requirement.

Is anyone other than AT&T doing anything in band 46?

mTwUser
just joined

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am

1. Starting Cat 6 is good!
2. Most? Too many providers here to choose a specific combinations
3. Yes! 3G is still needed for backup
4. Austria/Europe
5. Drei, A1 and T-Mobile Austria

Currently we use LTE modems with bridge from our LTE providers, i actually know that T-Mobile and Drei missed out on ordering CAT6 Routers in time.

sewlist
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:01 pm

+1 for dual sim card

ensure support for LTE-A if not already

Tw0kings
just joined

Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:51 pm

+1 for dual sim card

ensure support for LTE-A if not already
Why we need sim cards. World is moving towards sim card free. Sim card is so yesterday

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Why we need sim cards. World is moving towards sim card free. Sim card is so yesterday
Really? I remember the days when SIM card was tomorrow!
(in the systems before GSM there was no SIM card and there had to be a transfer of secret key information
from the equipment manufacturers to the operators, which was very complicated. SIM cards were introduced
so this could be handled from within the operators and the equiment manufacturers were no longer involved
in the subscriber - operator relation)

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:46 pm

What @Tw0kings writes about is Embedded SIM (or eSIM). That's SIM card functionality, but implemented inside SOC (or whatever powers mobile radio terminal). Which is something that phone producers try to push (less space needed inside phones, one less hole to make dust&water tight, ...) but is a nuisance for network operators because it imposes much more work when provisioning new user into subscribers database (some extra steps need to be taken). It also opens potential security hole as eSIM provisioning is done over-the-air and what can legitimately be done (e.g. when changing operator), can also be hacked/abused.

nitrag
just joined

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:56 pm

The higher the better. Not necessarily for throughput but due to support latest 3GPP release.

Not sure.

Decommission date for AT&T 3G is 2/2/2022. 2G is already decommissioned.

USA

Yes, most accounts are not "unlimited" even though that plan exists. I would want the ability to throttle (maybe 12Mpbs or so) so that my services could keep running but not blow through an entire data plan during an outage.

Currently I'm using an old USB (Cat 1 probably) device. It's signal is pretty weak and the speeds are too barely adequate. I would like to see support for more USA embedded modules, such as Sierra Wireless. Also, would be nice to see more routerboards come with an empty PCI slot (thinking RB3011 with plenty of interior enclosure space) so that I can add LTE card.

NathanA
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:57 am

We operate a band 42/43 (soon be combined into a single band 48, under new CBRS rules) network in the USA, and would love to see cost-competitive CPE options from MikroTik for this band. Not just for the cost reasons, but also for the flexibility that RouterOS would bring (and also because we are familiar with RouterOS already). Current CPE options in this band in the States are very limited (just a couple of vendors with FCC-certified gear that we can buy).

The network is being operated as a fixed-install (non-mobile) network, and we do not care about 2G/3G backwards compatibility in the CPE.

This band is starting to become a popular option in the U.S. and I think you would find a marketplace here that would be very interested in what you could bring to the table.

-- Nathan

SilverNodashi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:08 pm

I'm from South Africa.
We have Vodacom, MTN, Telkom and CellC in the country.
I love your SXT LTE, the devices are fantastic. Small issues with finding the network here and there, seems somewhat delayed from time to time, but in general excellent.
PLEASE make a dual sim SXT-LTE. Its easy to see at the top of the unit you guys have already planned the possibility for a second sim slot. It would really make the SXT-LTE bullet proof for a VOIP type link.
I also have about 40-50 of these units running.
They are well priced.
Another South African sysadmin here. Don't forget about the new RAIN LTE network.
I agree with the request about adding a second SIM card, it would help a lot with failover between different providers.

And I also think a stronger antennas would be awesome, with the ability to add external antennas if needed.

Please add for the following Frequencies / bands to be supported:
1800Mhz
2600Mhz
TD-LTE

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:57 pm

TD-LTE
Don't forget that TDD LTE comes in bunch of frequency bands as well ... you can check the list on the intetnet, one is available on Wikipedia. It's not the most comprehensive either.

connormill
just joined

Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Fo me:

As high as possible, more and more of our operators are rolling our high CAT networks

800, 1800, 2100, 2500, 2600, 3600

3G - Yes
2G - Don't care, it's toll slow to be useful anyway

UK / Europe

We use Vodafone, O2 and EE in the UK - as resellers we can set our own data caps

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:22 pm

First of all, please make the transceiver module exchangeable thus do not limit the solution to some specific bands. In that way we can future-proof our customer installations for emerging transmission technologies only by replacing the transceiver module. Think a SXT LTE with a M2 or PCI-SIG compatible connector with at least 2x2 MIMO antenna capabilities.

If possible please support builtin dual band (or alternatively separat models) with MIMO antenna capabilities for:
  1. Low frequency bands 700-900 Mhz which is widely used in rural regions.
  2. Hi frequency bands 1800-2600 Mhz for urban areas.

Our primary business cases are based on:
  1. LTE as backup for wired data connections.
  2. P2P for local businesses that do not have access to wired connections.
  3. Security systems and video surveillance. (M2M)

Question 1. Which LTE Category you are interested in most - CAT6, CAT7, CAT9, CAT11, CAT12, CAT16 or some other?
Answer: CAT 0 (M2M) and CAT6 (4×4 MIMO) and on forward.

Question 2. Which LTE bands and which Carrier Aggregation combinations should be supported?
Answer: Channel aggregation within the primary band is a part of the LTE advanced CA standard but I'm not sure it support out of band aggregation. But if that's the case any solution will much depend on the antenna capabilities.

Question 3. Should it also support Legacy technology like 3G or 2G?
Answer: Not necessary. Maybe UMTS/WCDMA but not plain old 2G (GSM) thats to slow for data transmission.

Question 4. Which World/Region/Country would you use it?
Answer: Any! Mostly EU and north America.

Question 5. Which LTE carrier provider you are interested connecting and is there speed/monthly cap for the subscription plans?
Answer: Most cases unlimited for regular data transmission. Telemetry subscriptions (M2M) we use are normally capped to 20-25 Mbit/s but offers roaming between multiple operators.

MechanicF
just joined

Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:29 pm

1. lte advanced cat 12
2. Carrier aggregation between 2100MHz KPN / Vodafone
5. We have a Vodafone subscription that runs about € 50, - a month and there is normal speed
Mechanic

routik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:25 pm

2. Bands 3,7,20, & 40
3. Definitely
4. Nigeria in Africa
5. All the 4G carrier providers in Nigeria.

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 01, 2018 11:48 pm

I would like to see an hEX/wAP hybrid, an hEX with LTE module, or wAP with 4 ports, would be really appreciated.
I'd also like to see a mobile LTE RB for Wi-Fi, I don't know the exact name or those things.
Another thing:
I wrote to support because wAP wasn't able to connect with custom APNs and you resolved this with a new LTE firmware, a thing that is missing is the possibility to upgrade the firmware via web, like RouterOS, and not like now with ATDT commands.

wispwest

Wed May 02, 2018 2:43 am

We have a LOT of B41 2.5-2.7Ghz spectrum, and would love to see Mikrotik make some Cat12 CPE's, are you also planing on making the eNb/RRU basestations to go on the the tower side? Also FCC is opening up the B41 for re-licensing very soon...

DonDeivi
just joined

Thu May 03, 2018 7:32 pm

Hi, Along with a lot of folks who have already responded, I'd like to see fast modem cards supported. Cat 6 is a minimum for me. I'm not very interested in tinkering with all the settings and having to troubleshoot problems setting it up with the Routerboard (or future equivalent), so I suggest some sort of configuration wizard for the folks like me and advanced options for the cognicienti. A few further thoughts:

Will these fast modem cards run hot? Maybe you would need to look at 1) passive heat management - improved heat sinking for example and 1) active heat management; we don't want these expensive cards to get fried, so (assuming that you have access to heat sensors on the chips) you could reduce the clock speed temporarily when they get too hot. However, I want my solution to run as fast as possible, so I'd be unhappy if it was down-clocking all the time.

Will the RouterBoard hardware and software fully support high speed modem cards? I note that some of the cards currently supported only run in PPP mode. There's not much point in folks investing in top-end modem cards if the rest of the solution isn't able to support it. That goes for the processor as well, of course. In fact, I'd be happy to buy a Mikrotik-supplied modem card if it was certified. Again, I don't want to spend my time troubleshooting.

In addition to the basic modem/router setup, I think it would be great if you brought out some integrated solutions with parabolic antennas, for those of us living in remote places a long way from the cell tower. Something along the lines of NetMetal with MTAD-5G-30D3-PA for example. Only adapted for 4G / LTE frequencies. Or alternatively like the LHG XL HP5. Again, adapted for 4G / LTE frequencies.

Finally, if you could make it possible to upgrade to 5G (when it comes), instead of throwing the whole 4G / LTE solution out and starting again, that might be a great proposition to the consumer as well as a sticky commercial proposition for yourselves. But maybe that's too much to ask. The main thing is to get some refreshed and reliable product out ASAP.

Thanks for asking.

telepro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 pm

The flash size on the wAP is too small for our application. We have 900+ installations on 951G hardware. Future plans wilkl require us to support an LTE interface (US, Verizon, bands 2, 4, and 13). A wAP R 2nD -LTE would be a very satisfactory platform except for the limited flash size (16MB) since 11 MB of this 16MB flash are taken by the basic ROS installation. Is there a hardware version with greater memory in the future plans?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed May 16, 2018 8:56 am

The flash size on the wAP is too small for our application. We have 900+ installations on 951G hardware. Future plans wilkl require us to support an LTE interface (US, Verizon, bands 2, 4, and 13). A wAP R 2nD -LTE would be a very satisfactory platform except for the limited flash size (16MB) since 11 MB of this 16MB flash are taken by the basic ROS installation. Is there a hardware version with greater memory in the future plans?
Could you tell us what would you want to put on the flash on the router?

ivicask

Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

I would be happy with product like this

https://mikrotik.com/product/mant_lte_5o

But with integrated modem and 1 lan port, nothing more..
And atleast CAT6 is a MUST so it doesnt work like some 10 year old phone/device with horrific perfomance like current WAP LTE works.

telepro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 16, 2018 2:53 pm

Could you tell us what would you want to put on the flash on the router?
Our installations have a metarouter in which we run our application. On a 951G we use a total of 40.1 MiB of the 128.0 MiB available. The application in the metarouter manages a number of wireless devices (2 - 100) per location and forwards wireless device status information to a data center over a VPN.

telepro
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Regarding your specific questions:
1. Our current requirements are for low speed and low throughput - maybe 1 GB per month on average for all devices
2. We use Verizon LTE in US, so Bands 2, 4, and 13
3. Moving forward, we have no need for legacy 2G, some (minimal) requirement for 3G
4. Region: North America (US, Canada)
5. We use Verizon. Arrangement: monthly fee per device (SIM card) and monthly for total data transfer used by all devices, with no single device throughput cap.

Thanks for asking.

DummyPLUG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:20 pm

I come from Hong Kong, support of 3G and even 2G is a must, because in some area 4G is much slower then 3G (example: CMHK in some Hospital), and few years ago CMHK just have 2G and 4G data service so fallback to 3G will not work at all.

I quite sure there must be some other network provider in the world works like CMHK.

zlobster
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:43 pm

Hey there!

As an avid MikroTik enthusiast and a telco RNO, I'd like to put my 2c here.

Good DL throughput is always welcome, so that's a no brainer. Here is what I think is severely lacking in the entire segment:
- Good DL throughput (mainly) comes from good RS SNR. Lower bands here are always welcome, e.g. 700MHz, 800MHz, etc.
- Good DL throughput can also come from higher order modulation schemes, i.e. 265QAM and hihger MIMO streams.
- LTE Carrier Aggregation in DL.
- Dual/Tripple-SIM with option for SIM "teaming". Often 1 or 2 operators can't reach a decent speed alone. When you have 2 (or more) SIM cards (even on different bands), acting as a single backhaul, redundancy and throughput are SIGNIFICANTLY improved. This one I personally believe to be the single most important feature that no consumer product in the segment has. Or maybe a single hAP-like device with multiple USB ports that can support multiple USB modems in tandem? This of course scerams for 2 or more separate RF front-ends.
- With the increase of remote camera monitoring in the country rural areas, a severe demand for strong UL performace arises. Here are a couple of elegant solutions for this:
- LTE UL 2CA, i.e. LTE carrier aggregation in the UL. While not very common among telcos, it helps tremendously when there is a demand for higher UL throughput.
- multi-SIM in tandem (check above). Even more valid when the demand is in the UL.
- Fast USB port(s) for NAS solutions. It's always nice to have a remote seedbox.
- Maybe some "cloud" solution for cases where no prior VPN tunnel has been set, but you still need a remote management access. As you know, telcos are filtering inbound traffic to their SIM cards, so there is no way of "brute-forcing" a connection to SIM-only device w/o any prior tunnels in place.
- Ability to read most of the radio-related telco parameters. Together with OpenSignal and similar services, one can easily plan and verify their solutions, when one can read eCGI, PCI, RS CINR, allocated BW, etc.
- External antenna connectors is a MUST! Maybe even the next-gen ones, being used in commercial telco antennae.
- UV, IP and other environmental resistance in place.
- Support for 5G?
- Highest possible receive sensitivity.
- Highest possible transmit power, with low-loss coupling design.
- VoLTE support? It's always nice when you can place some calls while in the wilderness. :-)

We have a 15GB/mo for 10,- EUR. We even have capped "all-you-can-eat" services for cheap, so building solutions around these dirt-cheap tariffs is only limited by current hardwire.

Of course stuff like PoE, security, reliability and robustness are in the must-have list. I can't imagine working with a brand where I have to travel huge distances just to power-cycle a hung device.

trukhinyuri
just joined

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 am

Hi!

Now I use two devices WAP R LTE Kit.
In Russia LTE Cat6 in common use, but we have networks with Cat11 (MTS) and some Cat16 (Megafon in Moscow). the cost of a minipci-e board is important, more then $100–150 is very expensive for me.
I need all supported bands Band 3, Band 7, Band 20, Band 38 + band31 (lte 450mhz) – it uses by large russian operator Tele2+Rostelecom and many virtual operators (Skylink, Tinkoff Mobile) for large Russia territory coverage. If will be PCI–E mini modem with Band 3, Band 7, Band 20, Band 38 + band31 I will upgrade all my devices.

3G is needed (large coverage), 2G not needed for me.
Russia
Tinkoff Mobile unlimited internet (Tele2/Rostelecom full mvno), 10–30 mbps, $16 per month (999 russian roubles).

P.S. dual/triple sim for auto redundancy will be cool.

kico
just joined

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:14 pm

1. Start from cat 12 above. Pls skip cat 6 as obsolete nowdays

2. FDD - B1/3/20 2x2MiMo, TDD B42/43 4x4MiMo, 2CA in DL&UL Intra-band (even better inter-band) contiguous & non-contiguous, QAM 256DL, QAM64 UL
You should to consider SoC https://altair-semi.com/products/alt4800/ for example.
In this case, you have to put more antennas inside unit than SXT is physically cappable. New design (something square shaped) should be fine.
Please don`t forget to use Gigabit ETH interface. At least one :)

3. Support for 2G and 3G is not necessary. Unit should act as WTTx device for broadband access. There is other technologies for M2M and critical services.
Broadband users considers as no service any service in kBits/s

4. EU

5. TDD band 42/43 became widely accessible in central europe for WTTx among mobile and fixed providers

Joni
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:24 am

How about first fixing the issues with current hardware search.php?keywords=R11e-LTE

DSK

Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:16 pm

1. CAT6+
2. Carrier Aggregation- Band 3, 20 and more
3. 3G or 2G - Both. For devices with GPS, this is a must.
4. Region - Kenya, Eastern Africa.
5. Which LTE carrier providers? Safaricom, MTN, Vodafone, KTRN.
6. Support dude remote monitoring just like RMS for Teltonika. Monitoring 100s of units is a tough job.
7. Support simultaneous WiFi AP and client in known hotspots. When vehicles are stationery at the depot, it makes no sense using expensive LTE yet the LTE kits could automatically switch from LTE to WLAN client mode. If a config for this exists, kindly share.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:30 pm

Hi all.

It would be great an outdoor enclosufre for RBM33G like basebox2 with the RB912 or something similar.

Regards.

BaseflexISP
just joined

Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:40 am

This may be late for this post but for most ISP or WISP on this forum without the luxury of a license fee for LTE band or network, the most reasonable LTE device is to get some sort of NLOS advantage with the LTE-U devices (eNBs or APs if you like) with ODU CPEs in B46 5ghz LTE unlicensed frequency.
Meanwhile, support for TDD LTE (band 42) is desperately needed from Mikrotik, not available yet as at today I think.
Last edited by BaseflexISP on Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m4t7e0
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Hi, i will bet interessed to try B42/43 CAT 12 - 16 with carrier aggregation. You have any compatible board? I just found the newest B42 CAT4 without CA.

BitHaulers
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:39 am

Can we please have manual band control/locking for the US modem? I have dozens of SXTs deployed, and they are jumping into Band 12 from Band 2, and Band 12 is over-provisioned and near useless in my area. I need the ability to force Band 2 or 4, and the modem doesn't even support any of the same AT commands that are listed in the wiki. Support tells me that the wiki is for the international modem only. When support doesn't ignore me.

Can you please add this feature? It would make me not have to move to another hardware solution. I just can't have a device do 90Mbps down one day, and 10Mbps down the next, and generally bounce around based on weather and leaves.

Also, GL.iNet is offering a Carrier Aggregation/CAT 6 modem in their latest LTE router at the price point of $134USD. If they can source the Quectel EP06As that cheap, so can Mikrotik.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:50 pm

+1
for Quectel EP06 modem support on the Mikrotik LTE products (US and International)!!!

Acryli

Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Well, I don't know if Mikrotik still read this thread, but let's see.

1. At least cat 6 (300Mbps), it's the minimum in 2018.
Cat 7 would also be nice, il would support 150mbps upload, only the Netgear M1 and Huawei E5788 support that upload speed currently. I'm using a LTE connection on a distance site for video-surveillance, I would really appreciate better upload performance.
Currently you are stuck with old Cat4 modems (150Mbps dl) on your products, your are out of the game, you are losing a big part of your potential customers.

2. 800, 900, 1800, 2100, 2600MHz
CA, well all variants.

3. Not necessary, but it should have the ability to receive and send SMS (I think it only works over 3G or 2G)

4. EUROPE/Portugal

5. NOS/Vodafone. No limit/30GB. 300/300Mbps

I would suggest to use a Qualcomm X16 modem (the X24 may be too expensive).
It support LTE 1Gbps in 4x4 MIMO mode, but in 2x2 mode it still support 600Mbps. It's available on M.2 module (It connects over USB 3 or PCIe)
https://www.sierrawireless.com/products ... ts/em7565/
Image Image

Now, I have other suggestions that would allow you to differentiate from your competitors
(some features are already implemented on some of your products):
  • Dual SIM
  • POE
  • External antennas (SMA connectors, not TS-9)
  • Maybe you should use a SFP connector on your current LTE Dish antenna/modem, but I don't know if there are modules available that are rated for low/high temperature environment. I prefer an optical isolation (fiber) to protect the rest of the network equipment from potential lightning surges/strikes.
    You still need a 12/24V PSU, but it won't be connected directly to the rest of the network equipment and is therefore easier to protect.
    I will NEVER connect the LAN cable of the LTE dish antenna on the roof, directly on an expensive router. And it wouldn't surprise me if your routers aren't equipped with surge and transient protections (GDT, MOVs and TVS diodes) needed to have a chance to avoid damages to the electronic.
    Currently my external antenna is connected to a media converter (TP-Link MC220L) RJ45<->SFP. Integrating the SFP port on the dish antenna would be a good idea I think. Most of the routers have a SFP port that can be used as WAN port.
    It's not unusual to make use of fiber for dish antennas. There ara already some LNBs (TV DVB-S), that uses fiber optics:
    https://www.rantex.com/615-thickbox_def ... supply.jpg
  • Bridge mode
  • Manual selection of the LTE bands (not like the Netgear modem where the user hasn't any possibility to force the modem to use one particular band)

PS:
By the way, your LHG 4G kit is a great product, It only needs a brother which support at least 300Mbps. 150Mbps is a no-go in 2018, sorry.
Last edited by Acryli on Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:18 pm, edited 18 times in total.

klaus007
just joined

Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:15 pm

+1👍🏻

mozerd
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:03 pm

+1👍🏻
+2 👍🏻

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:05 am

I really need Band 28.

neutronlaser

Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:17 am

Would like a list of actual LTE USB sticks that are compatible. Nonsense guesswork currently

Corné
just joined

Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:39 pm

LTE band 31

upvote band 43

bd0g
just joined

Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:59 am

For me
Cat : 700 MHz (B28), 1800 MHz (B3), 2600 MHz (B7)
Usage : extended bandwith when dsl too slow or no fiber
Provider doesn't put on data / speed cap

I'm currently working on a solution using USB lte modem and external antenna but on cable+poe would be nicer

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:01 am

LTE band 31

upvote band 43
R11e-4G module supports Band31 and Band43 already

RogerWilco

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 am

B28 for Australia would be nice.

SilverNodashi
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 pm

On the current LTE routers it's very difficult to remove the SIM cards. Please make the casing a bit bigger to fit your fingers in

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:18 pm

I would like a high gain antenna MIMO 2x2 without equipment/radios (Only antenna), for 700-2700 Mhz arround.

Regards.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:44 am

I would like a high gain antenna MIMO 2x2 without equipment/radios (Only antenna), for 700-2700 Mhz arround.

I'm pretty sure some vendors, specialized in antenna design and production, have something for you and that specialized producer of software/electronics doesn't have to enter that market. Even those not welcome in some "civilized" parts of the globe ...

Before you whine about price: good antennae don't grow on palm trees and come with a price tag. If they're worth it for you or not, it's up to you to decide.

notToNew
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:31 am

When can we expect first 5G devices? In central Europe, 5G is already available!!

Note
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am

How about implement sqm package and stop using useless features...........?

TeletResearch
just joined

Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:03 pm

I note that from the feedback here that there is very little call for LTE Bands 38 and 39.

It would be really helpful to understand the decision process that led to these bands being selected for the launch of the new InterCell Base Station products.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:25 am

I'm pretty sure some vendors, specialized in antenna design and production, have something for you and that specialized producer of software/electronics doesn't have to enter that market. Even those not welcome in some "civilized" parts of the globe ...

Before you whine about price: good antennae don't grow on palm trees and come with a price tag. If they're worth it for you or not, it's up to you to decide.
Impossible to get any product of any of these vendors in my country (commercially).

MikroTik has already have LHG. So hard is remove the radio and create antenna only with SMA connectors?

Regards.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:06 am

Impossible to get any product of any of these vendors in my country (commercially).
Now you got me wondering where on globe capitalists don't want to do business?

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:55 pm

Now you got me wondering where on globe capitalists don't want to do business?
Not necessarily, but I not have any enterprise how to buy. There aren't resellers here.

mostafas
just joined

Tue May 21, 2019 10:22 am

Hi,
A basestation working on the LTE-U Band 46 covers 5150 – 5925MHz is something that, small operators/ WISP s are able to buy and can generate a lot of sale for mikrotik and a lot of benefits for small WISPs.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Hi all.

It would be great an outdoor enclosufre for RBM33G like basebox2 with the RB912 or something similar.

Regards.
At the moment, it's done for me with LtAP (not the mini version). I hope that will release in the next days. I can't wait to buy it. :D

Regards.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Multiple LTE cards is the way to go IMO

It would be nice to have an AT&T/TMobile version that supports 2,4,5,12,17, 66, 71

These two vendors (especially TMobile) are extrememly popular in the US for the types of services mikrotik fits. I'm using wAP LTE-US with TMobile now and it's great having 2,4,5, and 12, but I'm sorely missing 66 and 71. 71 is their favorite for new towers in rural areas and I'm giving up connectivity and speed not having that. Only peplink is offering a device with those channels right now.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:40 am

Need a gigabit interface and Sierra wireless modem.

RogerWilco

Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:23 am

Been mentioned before, but a modem supporting band 28 for Australia would be ideal. B28 is used by Telstra and covers nearly the entire country.

phillipRICADO
just joined

Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:35 am

Been mentioned before, but a modem supporting band 28 for Australia would be ideal. B28 is used by Telstra and covers nearly the entire country.
Same story here in NZ Band 28 has much better coverage than anything else.

null31
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:03 am

Same story here in NZ Band 28 has much better coverage than anything else.
Yeah, a modem with B28 would be great. Here in Brazil, 4 of 5 major carriers offer LTE over B28, they are TIM, Vivo, Claro and Algar.
Also, most of times you get B7 than B3.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:26 pm

+1 for Band 28.

Regards.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:32 pm

+1 for Band 13 (US Verizon)

Kommando
just joined

Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:48 pm

In the UK both Three and Vodafone are rolling out L band which is band 32, its a Download only configuration so carrier aggregation is also required to be able to use it. Three will be using it at 20Mhz bandwidth, they currently use band 3 at 15 Mhz and band 20 at 5 Mhz so if a mast in enabled it will double the download speed if the 3 bands can be aggregated.

So Band 32 & carrier aggregation.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:30 pm

+1 for Band 13 (US Verizon)
The reason I only have one in the field.

follyfarmer
just joined

Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:56 am

Cat6, B28, 3G <= 2 years, Australia, Telstra&Optus.
Why?
LTE hardware is expensive enough, Cat6 would be the sweet spot for the next couple of years.
Australia is the sixth largest Country by land mass but only 0.33% of the worlds population so its about distance and B28 700mhz does it best!
2G has already been switched off here and 3G services are said to go as soon as next year.

timmay2
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi everyone

I'm looking for an LTE modem that will be compatible with Mikrotik routerboards (RBM11G).
I need 3CA LTE-A suppot including L-Band (Band 32) and all the usual bands in the UK (B1,B3, B7, B20)

I am looking at the Telit LM960 and would like to know if others have used this modem in the RBM11G. The Mikrotik (RBM11G) only has USB 2.0 so this will limit performance but I do not expect the 4G networks to be delivering beyond much 100Mbps so this should not be an issue. What is the maximum throughput this routerboard could handle?

Are there any other alternative LTE-A modems that are supported by Mikrotik?

Why doesn't Mikrotik release a better LTE-A modems?

Thanks,
Tim

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:59 pm

None, so much of the LTE hype comes with low usage caps here in the US. Until it because a dumb pipe form of transport it is of extremely limited use to me and most other users. Please focus on fixing your existing tech. In particular IPv6, which ironically is incredibly relevant in the mobile space you're trying to slip into anyways.

mjraiha
just joined

Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:34 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for an LTE modem that will be compatible with Mikrotik routerboards (RBM11G).
I need 3CA LTE-A suppot including L-Band (Band 32) and all the usual bands in the UK (B1,B3, B7, B20)

I am looking at the Telit LM960 and would like to know if others have used this modem in the RBM11G. The Mikrotik (RBM11G) only has USB 2.0 so this will limit performance but I do not expect the 4G networks to be delivering beyond much 100Mbps so this should not be an issue. What is the maximum throughput this routerboard could handle?
I have Telit LM940 connected to RBM33G via USB3 connector + USB3-adapter card (https://techship.com/products/minipcie- ... sim-slots/) and Iskra P-56 MIMO antennas. I get 160 / 70 Mbit/s on interface line speed via B3 20MHz + B20 10MHz. Officially the package from operator is only 150/50. There is still room in CPU to do more even though there is quite complicated firewall, NAT, QoS, etc. I'm planning to upgrade to Telit LM960 and upgrading package to try if I can get 220/150 (max possible on these bands and bandwidths). I'm lucky that on this direction from cell tower isn't much people living.

I would like to see that Telit LM9x0 could do NAT and have LTE interface as part of VLAN. Then RBM33G wouldn't need to use CPU to do the NATting. This would help to get even more out of this setup. Would this be possible? I haven't found any – but that doesn't mean it's impossible as I'm not ROS wizard.

Agraham05
just joined

Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:09 pm

Please create product like LHG LTE with gigabit Poe. I really want to buy the product witch support lte cat 9 or 12.
Most important bands 1,3,7,20,38. No need for legacy bands support.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 am

I want 2,4,5,12,66,71, so no need to put in the useless 1,3,7,20, and 38. They're pointless.

In all seriousness though, the newly announced LTE CAT6 units have 1,2,3,5,7,8,12,17,20,25,26, 38, 39, 40, 41n. That covers most everything EXCEPT 4 which is the primary channel in my area on most towers :/

...and gigabit ethernet.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:02 am

I want 2,4,5,12,66,71, so no need to put in the useless 1,3,7,20, and 38. They're pointless.
In EMEA (Europe) the 1,3,7,8,20 are critical to have.

+1 to Gigabit Ethernet

Agraham05
just joined

Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:45 pm

Here is list of bands agregation by popular LTE routers in Poland. B715 support 3 bands agregation. I realy want to buy some mikrotik product with bands agreagation like in B715 or better.

https://openitforum.pl/uploads/monthly_ ... f6438b.png

bd0g
just joined

Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:10 am

1. LTE cat up to CAT11 at least

2. I would be interested into following bands:
700 MHz (B28)
800 MHz (B20)
1800 MHz (B3)
2100 MHz (B1)
2600 MHz (B7)

3. Backward compatibility with 3G/HSDPA would be nice but for my usage wouldn't be needed

4. Usage in EU/France

5. The carrier used does provide unlimited, uncaped LTE data & speed is sided with another plan :)

GIGABIT port of course, the acutal 100mbit ones could slow down the link!

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:57 am

2. I would be interested into following bands:
700 MHz (B28)
800 MHz (B20)
1800 MHz (B3)
2100 MHz (B1)
2600 MHz (B7)
4. Usage in EU/France

In EU, the correct 700MHz band is B68 (not B28). You can check the difference on this page. B28 partly overlaps with B20 and that simply is not acceptable.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:41 pm

MKX,

The bands are defined in each country, and each carrier has different bands, frequencies out of it etc.
B28 is an official band in France, used a lot by one particular carrier, so its a valid request to have it
(in addition thanks to the low frequency this band has good range...)

+1

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:22 pm

The bands are defined in each country,

Nope, the bands are defined per ITU region and Europe (and surrounding countries) are one region. In Europe, the 700MHz band for LTE doesn't have same limits as in other regions (i.e. B28 in APAC), hence it can't be called the same. So in Europe it's B68.
Then it comes to national telecomunication regulator to somehow assign frequencies to particular operators. In EU it's popular to organize auctions so that TelCos get opportunity to cough out huge amount of money to governments. It's up to authorities to decide which bands are going to be on sale and which won't (that's mostly driven by demand, if none of potential operators express interest in some band, regulator may decide not to offer that band).

B28 is an official band in France, used a lot by one particular carrier

It's not official. Here's description of what's happening: B28 is a traditional band (defined in R11.1) used in APAC region (Asia&Pacific, read: Japan and South Korea) and thus lots of equipment already supports it (both phones/modems and base stations). B68 is relatively recent addition to standard bands (in R13.3) and not many equipment supports it.
Now if one looks at both bands, it is obvious they are very similar: B28 starts 5MHz higher than B68, B28 is 15MHz wider than B68 and most importantly: duplex gap is the same. So if an EU operator acquired 10MHz chunk of B68 and persuaded regulator that they want upper third of available band, then that spectrum chunk is both in B28 and B68, only eARFCN DL is different (e.g. 9410 in B28 v.s. 67785 in B68). And, mind, regulators don't sell 4G eARFCNs, they sell megahertzs. So this operator, to speed up the network roll-out and to attract large number of users who already own 700MHz-capable equipment, decided to configure their eUTRAN ... in alternative way to put it mildly.

And I'm writing the text above with some confidence: until recently I worked as senior radio engineer for incumbent MNO in EU country and we were (and my former colleagues still are) preparing for 700MHz roll-out thinking about such options.

so its a valid request to have it
It is indeed. I'm just trying to point out that in Europe we need support for B68 ... in case MT decides to introduce yet another region-specific product range ... hopefully they'll only have one universal model supporting just everything.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:21 pm

Hi MKX,
No doubt about your competence at all, sorry.

FREE Mobile in France has the B28 band (ok, it might be the wrong terminology, but this is what
they call it).
FREE offer uncapped data for terrific low price, and as such supporting this band of this carrier in a module would
be great on top of the standard B1/3/7/20. (maybe B68 support can do this as well).
Also if you look at module specs like Quectel EP06-E for Europe, they support B28 on dual carrier aggregation:
B1+B1/B5/B8/B20/B28;
B3+B3/B5/B7/B8/B20/B28;
B7+B5/B7/B8/B20/B28;

Halfeez92
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:29 am

you are kidding right? the current LTE speed you have is 150/50 but the port is limited to 100mbps?? And the newest LTE product you have is CAT6 which is 300/50 and yet the port is still limited to 100mbps? Most users at my area are using Huawei B618 which is CAT11 LTE and they can achieve speed up to 180mbps, mikrotik can do that to of course, but with FE port? I dont think so, upgrade your gameplay please!

RogerWilco

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:51 am

mikrotik can do that to of course, but with FE port? I dont think so, upgrade your gameplay please!
They only have 100Mbps ports on the SXT and LTE units which are designed for outdoor remote areas -- people like me. I'm not going to be able to get close to the port limit being far from a tower.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:33 pm

We need LHGR + R11e-LTE6 with
  • 1GbE port - currently even SXTR with bonding at 2xFE have a bottleneck to FE at CPU :(
  • 2CA for 1+3 and 1+7 and 3+7 - currently only 3+7 :(
  • LGHR with corrected 700 and 900Mhz Gain - currently works better with inverted antenna at 180°. Only 800Mhz works straight forward (and >1800Mhz).
  • Bigger DISH
or BIG LGHR case for RBM11G
or LDF-LTE6 with sattelite dish

JardinEspanol

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:47 pm

• 1GbE port - currently even SXTR with bonding at 2xFE have a bottleneck to FE at CPU :(
  • 2CA for 1+3 and 1+7 and 3+7 - currently only 3+7 :(
  • LGHR with corrected 700 and 900Mhz Gain - currently works better with inverted antenna at 180°. Only 800Mhz works straight forward (and >1800Mhz).
  • Bigger DISH
or BIG LGHR case for RBM11G
or LDF-LTE6 with sattelite dish
Yes, I want this and more. I have one LHGR + R11e-LTE-US kit. It's works as expected and better than other solutions I have tried, but having CAT4 only modem is whack! I need a modem that supports 2, 4, 5, 12, 13 (for Verizon), 14 for AT&T, 17, 30 and 66. These are the once available in my area, I am sure a much larger set is need to cover most of the regions.
I did find it weird that my LHGR got better signal from the rear, instead of front.

I am planning to buy another LHGR or SXTR and install a CAT12+ modem in there. But I would really prefer a LHGR or SXTR that supports 2 modems with 2 SIMs.

dad2312
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:22 pm

+1
1GbE port
add B28
and in my dream a cat19 modem :-)

idlemind
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:52 am

My opinion is to calm down on the LTE and work on critical feature gaps like IPv6.

LTE is of very limited use here in the states. At best it's focused around delivering a small quantity of data per month. It's typically isolated to out of band management uses, emergency wireline replacement, or for use of low throughput services like credit card processing.

Lastly, your lack of acceptable IPv6 features affects a significant and growing number of users across service types including LTE delivered services.

andrewe02000
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:59 pm

I would also like to see CBRS as I currently run a Telrad Network for band 48. Having the power of ROS on top of CBRS would be a game changer for us.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:44 pm

Anyone see that new MikroTik ?
Before Audience with R11e-LTE6 and now Chateau with Quectel EG12

RBD53G-5HACD2HND-TC&EG12-EA CHATEAU
Internal PDF: Quectel EG12 LTE Cat.12 with internal 4 dBi antennas, external SMA connector, 4x4 MIMO, 600/150Mbps, 5xGbE, WiFi
RouterOS v7 stable? :) => we will be a testing rabbit as always.
LTE Band: 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 20 / 28 / 38 / 40 / 41
3xCA:

I wait on RBLHGR_rev3 & EQ12-EA

EG12-EA is soldered on PCB, no any mPCIe/M.2 slot. But that PCB is prepared to have M.2 slot as we can see.

20 photos from inside that device are in this article:
https://mikrotikon.pl/mikrotik-chateau- ... uteros-v7/
Last edited by SiB on Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:31 pm

16MB FLASH?!........................................ FACEPALM
Seriously, guys.... this is getting ridiculous. Mikrotik have problems fitting ROS into such small space (and it probably means less time is spent on actual development as a result) and yet it STILL releases new devices with such small flash, must be really important to save that penny in price difference. Even the cheap Tenda routers have more...

Also interesting note of ROS 7, if true, it's possible that first """"stable"""" version may be announced on next MUM...

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:41 pm

16Mb is enough for RouterOS, and this is a CPE device that ISP gives for home users, you will not use advanced logging or user manager here. I would even say, that most users of this one will not know it runs RouterOS

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:46 pm

Key bands for me. 4/66,12,71. Even a cat4 modem handling all would be welcome, but a version of the LTE6 supporting these would be much better.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:50 pm

16Mb is enough for RouterOS, and this is a CPE device that ISP gives for home users, you will not use advanced logging or user manager here. I would even say, that most users of this one will not know it runs RouterOS
completely agreed. We hang other routers off these like it were a docsis or dsl modem and nothing more. I have a few that I run capsman on the WiFi but that takes no extra storage and that's the most complicated version I've configured.

JardinEspanol

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Anyone see that new MikroTik ?
Before Audience with R11e-LTE6 and now Chateau with Quectel EG12

RBD53G-5HACD2HND-TC&EG12-EA CHATEAU
Internal PDF: Quectel EG12 LTE Cat.12 with internal 4 dBi antennas, external SMA connector, 4x4 MIMO, 600/150Mbps, 5xGbE, WiFi
RouterOS v7 stable? :) => we will be a testing rabbit as always.
LTE Band: 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 20 / 28 / 38 / 40 / 41

I wait on RBLHGR_rev3 & EQ12-EA
I have been anticipating new LTE devices from Mikrotik, so this is no surpise.
Seems like a good device, but not much of use in USA, at least not in my area.
I need ATT & Verizon bands.
But I am with you, I rather have RBLGHR with improved antenna design and let me just put my US modem in it.

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:07 am

- HW: 1GbE port
- HW: RBLGHR with improved antenna and with purchase option "empty PCI slot"
- SW: GUI support for control of Cell-Locking, CA, etc.
- SW: Scanner functionality optimized for connection characteristics.

rooted
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:57 am

If they make RouterOS larger than 16 megabyte what happens to backwards compatability, it goes out the window. That would be [emoji1751][emoji1751]‍[emoji3601][emoji1751]‍[emoji3603]

JardinEspanol

Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:26 am

If they make RouterOS larger than 16 megabyte what happens to backwards compatability, it goes out the window. That would be [emoji1751][emoji1751]‍[emoji3601][emoji1751]‍[emoji3603]
My guess is they would continue to use same concept they use now with main package and extra packages. Perhaps a base + add-on type of solution or device generation specific binaries.

rooted
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:50 am

My guess is they would continue to use same concept they use now with main package and extra packages. Perhaps a base + add-on type of solution or device generation specific binaries.
I guess that would work, it just doesn't seem their way to fragment and I applaud MikroTik for this. Where else can you purchase a 5 year old device that is still supported without paying additional yearly costs.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:18 am

I guess that would work, it just doesn't seem their way to fragment and I applaud MikroTik for this. Where else can you purchase a 5 year old device that is still supported without paying additional yearly costs.
And you have USB port who give you a possibility to add additional GB of storage and you can replace it - the same problems have got all person with RasberyPi on SD card's - storage is not important but BadBlock's and limited write operation.

mada3k
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:09 pm

now Chateau with Quectel EG12
The Chinese (as in Huawei) is putting out millions of these kind of CPE devices. Costs next to nothing according to people in the business. Basically gives them away when you are running their LTE equipment, to kill of other competitors. Are you sure you can compete in that segment?

Will have to cross our fingers for a Huawei-ban in more countries :lol:

mikrotikedoff

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:55 pm

@Mada3k

Why support that then those kinds of practices are hurtful to the industry as a whole and results in decreasing the quality and selection of equipment which is hurtful to customers. I hope some day to see a "fair trade" systems like they have for agriculture and textiles for electronics. Would be nice not to have to worry that our equipment was being manufactured in slave labor conditions and would force companies to focus on the quality of their equipment.

https://imgflip.com/i/1wxf6g
Last edited by mikrotikedoff on Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mikrotikedoff

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:56 pm

mis-post

igorvukotic
just joined

Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:30 pm

RBLtAP-2HnD kit with "R11e-LTE6"

Phone gives me up to 370/24 Mbps ( Galaxy S8 - 2017 )
Routerboard 38/16 Mbps, and yes they confirmed there is bug with modem firmware, but no respond from support when they release update.

So basically, today at least in Croatia everything below CAT20 is useless, because almost all phones after 2017 is at least CAT18.

It will be nice to first make your modem work properly

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Phone gives me up to 370/24 Mbps ( Galaxy S8 - 2017 ) Routerboard 38/16 Mbps, and yes they confirmed there is bug with modem firmware, but no respond from support when they release update.

Same problem here!
Last edited by Larsa on Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:39 am

Larsa & igorvukotic

Phone gives me up to 370/24 Mbps ( Galaxy S8 - 2017 ) Routerboard 38/16 Mbps, ..., because almost all phones after 2017 is at least CAT18.
Same problem here!
Realy? You compare :
  • Cat.6, MIMO 2x2, 64 QAM, 2CA
  • Cat.16, MIMO 4x4, 256 QAM, 3CA
from differ $ price shelf? S8 in my country is start at least $416 and more.
You should buy adequately modem like ~200$ Telit LM960 Cat.18 and install 2x (MIMO 2x2 LTE external antennas) dedicated to specific your band's and that way create best possible devices with your LtAP who can be buy without KIT for ~$100 .

MikroTik just create new and new LTE devices (Chateau with Quectel EG12) and yes, the Mobile world are faster and faster and you can buy better/faster LTE Cat devices but MikroTik in this time not offer it. Just not offer it yet.

You should write here, "Please create new LTE modem's" like Samsung S8 who have LTE-Advanced Cat.16 in 2017 ( 3 years ago ) and more because you should write more specific.
Please create Modems with >Cat.14 who have got the "Dual Connectivity" means DL stream are from two differ eNB ! This will be perfect feature request.

At MUM EUROPE Prague we will sea what devices will be brings with 5G. This I hope will be point when we see about 4G new LTE modems too. I hope so.

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:09 pm

Realy? You compare :
You should buy adequately modem like ~200$ Telit LM960 Cat.18 and install 2x (MIMO 2x2 LTE external antennas) dedicated to specific your band's and that way create best possible devices with your LtAP who can be buy without KIT for ~$100 .

At MUM EUROPE Prague we will sea what devices will be brings with 5G. This I hope will be point when we see about 4G new LTE modems too. I hope so.

I was referring to the performance problem of the current LTE kit utilizing the embedded LTE module (edited and made my previous answer more accurate). But I'm also looking forward to see what MT has to offer when it comes to 5G. And I really hope they managed to add a GBE LAN-port to the unit this time! ;-)

igorvukotic
just joined

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Larsa & igorvukotic

Phone gives me up to 370/24 Mbps ( Galaxy S8 - 2017 ) Routerboard 38/16 Mbps, ..., because almost all phones after 2017 is at least CAT18.
Same problem here!
Realy? You compare :

MikroTik just create new and new LTE devices (Chateau with Quectel EG12) and yes, the Mobile world are faster and faster and you can buy better/faster LTE Cat devices but MikroTik in this time not offer it. Just not offer it yet.

You should write here, "Please create new LTE modem's" like Samsung S8 who have LTE-Advanced Cat.16 in 2017 ( 3 years ago ) and more because you should write more specific.
Please create Modems with >Cat.14 who have got the "Dual Connectivity" means DL stream are from two differ eNB ! This will be perfect feature request.

Yes SiB, im comparing because these is NEW MT product which is useless from beginning, in real world all CAT18 or better devices take almost all bandwidth form cell tower and CAT6 doesn't have chance even firmware is OK. I do not understand why a product is released that does not have a chance to apply to which it naturally belongs (automotive).
I personally have no problem with the cost and that the router costs $ 500 but it works, otherwise we all lose money and time completely unnecessarily.

If RoS has supported drivers for say Telit modems, why not point it out.

I personally have no problem paying for something that is good, but I have a problem when I realize that I have purchased a product that has not been sufficiently tested.

and to return now, to the original subject; any device below the CAT20 doesn't make sense, specifically I think 5G is still a long way off and will have a number of obstacles before it comes to life like 4G, mobile manufacturers have shown that 4G can do a lot more.
so MT, please support at least 1 honest LTE modem CAT20 does not matter which manufacturer it is

vortex
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:03 pm

1. Next stop: gigabit download
2. 128MB flash
3. 802.11ax
4. More ports (at least 4x 10G)
5. Flat design

Agraham05
just joined

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:15 pm

We need LGH R with good LTE cat modem like cat 20, and gigabit POE.

JardinEspanol

Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:49 pm

This! I want this. Right now!

Agraham05
just joined

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Right now I can buy Huawei b818 it is year old product with CAT19 for like 190usd. Mikrotik Chateau just relesed has CAT 12 and cost 215usd.I really like mikrotik but we really need some series product.

vortex
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Mikrotik comes with a serious OS.

arni
just joined

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:10 pm

This! I want this. Right now!

Hello, I just turned on LHGR and Qecetel EP06-E and unfortunately I fell, this card didn't work in this Mikrotik, do you have any ideas?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:15 pm

Hello, I just turned on LHGR and Qecetel EP06-E and unfortunately I fell, this card didn't work in this Mikrotik, do you have any ideas?
Please not spam at every post. I answer you at other answer.
Remember that all information about this modem are on Quectel EP06-E and wAP R ac (RBwAPGR-5HacD2HnD)

RogerWilco

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:38 am

After spending the last two weeks doing 6km round-trips to my interent relay, I've noticed several things with my SXTR
* when reception is poor, the R11e-LTE is slow and drops packets - EC25 reports similar reception stats but is 10+Mbps faster and doesn't drop packets.
* depsite the SXTR having better (still not great) gain for 700MHz than an iPhone (https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/an ... n.2198382/), SXTR cannot connect to a tower 10km away via B28. Locking the EC25 to B28 and the modem is stuck searching for the network, yet an iPhone 6S without doing CA can get 40Mbps with 2 bars.
* pointing the SXT 50-60 degrees away from a tower has zero noticable performance drops

It'd be nice if MikroTik tweak the SXT models to have a much better antenna for lower frequencies. I've also got an LHGR for testing and it isn't really any better (plus hasn't got another PoE out which I need).

DavidBell8819
just joined

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:12 pm

1.If you're planning on launching a new product, go for higher category. Category is not only about maximum user speed, but also about other (somehow less exposed) details, such as max modulation and MIMO rank ... those details raise the max user speed but also improve LTE network throughput (read: be nice to other users )even if your subscription throughput is lower than technical maximum. Please also note that categories are different for downlink and uplink.
2. In short: all of them :wink: LTE networks are evolving and what's rare today might become common thing tomorrow. Example: few nerworks operate LTE on band 1 (FDD 2100MHz). In few years time, when most data users will start using LTE, band 1 will get re-farmed from 3G to LTE. Regarding carrier aggregation combinations: please try to support all standardized combinations and try to support them symmetrically ... in a sense that if you support comination of PCC bandX + SCC bandY, then support also PCC bandY + SCC bandX (PCC: primary component carrier, SCC: secondary component carrier). Non-symetrical CA support can be a PITA when optimizing load on different carriers of LTE network.
Also try to support UL CA as well. Helps with user's throughput as well as with load optimizations on LTE network.
3. It can be handy, but that will become less and less important. LTE network coverage is going to get (almost) perfect mostly everywhere in near future while legacy technologies can not provide level of experienceusers demand. Surely there are certain use cases where e.g. GPRS speed of few 10kbps is much better tha nothing, but for majority of users practical difference between those does not exist.
In short: or the same money better get newer LTE category without legacy mobile network support.
4. Personnaly: Europe ... but I guess my opinion here is by no means statistically relevant.
How about going from 8T8R(MIMO) to 16T16R? How about making Cell Index Offset more advance where the network itself adjusts the handover margins at relation level? How about changing LTE handovers from hard to soft, as soft handovers are the better one among the two.

DavidBell8819
just joined

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:12 pm

How about going from 8T8R(MIMO) to 16T16R? How about making Cell Index Offset more advance where the network itself adjusts the handover margins at relation level? How about changing LTE handovers from hard to soft, as soft handovers are the better one among the two.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:51 pm

How about going from 8T8R(MIMO) to 16T16R?
I'm not sure that's standardised by 3GPP yet. Even if it is, massive MIMO (MxN where M or N > 4) requires active antenna array ant those are not peanuts to operate. Hence complicated antennae are usually used on eNodeBs for MU-MIMO (multi-user MIMO) by means of beam-forming.

How about making Cell Index Offset more advance where the network itself adjusts the handover margins at relation level? How about changing LTE handovers from hard to soft, as soft handovers are the better one among the two.
The first requirement is already possible but very much relies on some form of SON (self-optimising network) which is currently implemented by having dedicated HW and SW in MNOs core network (SW analyses signalling from mobile devices in near-realtime and adjusts configuration of eNodeBs). However, this is not a required feature and I suspect not every MNO is running SON in this form (basic SON only offers automatic provisioning of newly built eNodeBs).

The second requirement: hard handovers are built into basic LTE standard and change is not going to happen.
We've had soft handovers in 3G (UMTS/WCDMA) and indeed worked great for legacy services (CS: voice, video telephony and legacy CS data), however it did not work that great for new PS services (HSPA) ... it was about excessive use of NodeB resources when mobile terminal was in soft handover. Additionally: soft handover works nice for moving terminal but sucks for stationary one. And most terminals in fixed MBB (typical use of MT devices) are fairly stationary.

Anyway, the two requests can not be fulfilled by equipment vendor (neither network nor terminal)
because all terminals must comply to standards.

mikrotiknoobfromeu
just joined

Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:38 am

1. The higher, the better
2. Minimum 3CA, maximum number of combinations with: B1, B3, B7,B8, B20, B38. https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Term ... E_w_Polsce
3. Not needed.
4. Poland
5. All major, Orange, T-mobile, Play, Plus. No caps in plans for enterprise or some consumer tarrifs in terms of speed or transfer! Need gigabit ethernet here for SXT and others.
I guess we need simple bridge mode in LTE products so that LTE products are still manageable from our routers but not from internet and acting as a bridge - public IP on other device than LTE product.
We need QAM256 also. Already in Poland you can break 300Mbps barrier with 4x4 MIMO, 3CA in cities and many upgraded BTS are outside of big cities too.
Are there any plans or roadmaps for new products? Since that post we have seen, LHG CAT6, SXT CAT6 emerge (with 2CA, unfortunately 100Mbps ethernet), Chateau CAT12 (3CA, MIMO 4x4), whats coming next?
It would be nice to have some 5G - ready products as we see first 5G networks appearing in Poland.

Some nice tools in software to analyze performance on each of the bands and in combination with 2CA,3CA would be great. Not it has to be done manually and is a serious pain, it is also tricky to identify BTS they are connected to for basic users.

vortex
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:59 pm

I have regulatory feedback:

L-band should not be wasted on 5G. Leave it for mobile DVB-T2.

G00dm4n

Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:17 am

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Definitely CAT6, CAT7, CAT12, CAT16
2. Its time to have more than single LTE chain and to have 2-3-4 available modems with ability to be set in FT/LB modes. We can't let the yachts and vessels still to go mostly for Peplink and Meridian. Marine/Vehicle models have to be rugerised and with GPS.
3. 2G - no, 3G - maybe. In most case this is not a single device and redundant can be set for obsolete technology. Maybe USB with enough space under the cover will let backup 3G USB modem to be used. I personally prefer empty slot where a mini-PCIe card can be set - this will give chance for additional 3G or LoRa.
4. Europe and International.
5. I don't really get the reason for this question. Most mobile providers have speed cap / monthly traffic cap even they do not announce it.
Using more than one active LTE modems simultaneously give a lot of option this issue to be mitigated by prioritising, fault tolerance or load balance - nothing that good script cannot do.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:27 pm

New product, LDF R + LTE6 Like LHGR, 100Mbps FE port but this give us possibility to reach good signal = speed ! and maybe now this 2CA B3+B7 can work !
SrVhIa51yW.png
and
Internal antenna gain 8 dBi
obtain antenna amplification of 30 dBi or more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ErikCarlseen
just joined

Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:31 pm

We're looking for highly-manageable SOHO devices for customers, and most of the new LTE gear (especially Chateau) would be ideal if it supported US carriers and included some active PoE ports. With VoIP phones being a thing, running them off of PoE saves a ton of troubleshooting time and effort, and allows customers to keep all of their critical connectivity gear up and running with a single UPS if they choose that option. Right now we use separate PoE switches, which is just one more device to deploy and manage. Passive PoE is annoying because it gives us no device / consumption feedback information which let us infer quite a bit about the environment without sending a tech on-site.

maigonis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:29 am

A gigabyte POE port and in Latvia popular bands, in my region at least, are 3,7,20.

rcch
just joined

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:40 pm

In Finland I'd need CA with B1+B3 mostly and B1+B3+B7(+b20)for maximum performance.
Only b1+b7 or b3+b7 is not good enough since usually those b7 are too far away to achieve CA, so B1+B3 would help a lot.

And of course routerboard would need to have 1Gbit ethernet then to get speed out :)

Agraham05
just joined

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:59 pm

There is some chance that we will finally get some real product? Because others brands are releasing 5G routers in opposite to mikrotik (LDF LTE6 with 100Mbit port in middle 2020). It's not a real product... I still waiting to see some LGH with gigabit poe and like cat 18 LTE modem. Should I abandon my dream about that device?

RogerWilco

Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:37 am

There is some chance that we will finally get some real product? Because others brands are releasing 5G routers in opposite to mikrotik (LDF LTE6 with 100Mbit port in middle 2020). It's not a real product... I still waiting to see some LGH with gigabit poe and like cat 18 LTE modem. Should I abandon my dream about that device?
Not everyone needs this sort of device. A lot of people would be happy with a Cat4 or Cat6 modem with more bands (B28 for example) and an antenna that works with lower bands.

Technetium
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:21 am

CAT7 and CAT 12

B1+B3+B7+B20 at least 3 of them.

Here in Italy there are some operator plan to shut of 3G in the next 5 year.

EU

Italy: TIM, WIND, Vodfone.. every one has an unlimited 4G traffic plan with unlimited minutes of call.
CS Voice (on VOLTE) on VOIP (a small VOIP server) to use SIM call will be appreciated to use the minutes included with the full plan. VOLTE to call without stop (or drop) navigation speed.

Now we are using for this type of connection Huawei 4G modem: B535, B618, B715.

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:12 pm

1. At least cat 6
2. Australia is currently using these LTE bands:
2100MHz (B1)
1800MHz (B3)
850MHz (B5)
2600MHz (B7)
900MHz (B8)
700MHz (B28) ** works well in long distance in Aus environment ***
2300MHz (B40)

3. 2G was discontinuted a couple of years ago in country.
3G will start being removed in Australia as of 2024.
4. Australia / APAC region.
5. Telstra / Optus / Vodaphone in order of preferenc

Please make some long distance LTE hardware/antenna that supports 700MHz band 28 too. Thats where its at in regional Australia( especially when its non line of sight).

hknet
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:58 am

could I ask for 5G supporting modems?

Agraham05
just joined

Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 pm

Near me some BTS is upgraded to B7 and this gives me the results. As we can clearly see 100Mbit ethernet is the limitation, test was done when the most people use internet, at 8.30 pm.

BTW there might be some bug after using cell lock command. Today i come back to home and Mikrotik did not see any LTE / 3G towers. I spend like 3h on troubleshooting, restarting to factory defaults few times and enabling and disabling some bands, on the end nothing helped. Then I used command from bellow and it stat working perfectly.

/interface lte at-chat lte1 input="AT*Cell=0,3,,,"

stevenma
just joined

Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:51 am

1. Cat6, Cat9 and up. Highly configurable symmetric & asymmetric Carrier Aggregation.

2. Bands 1, 3, 7 & 20 and 32 for Band 20 (1.4GHz) SDL, Supplementary Down Load. 5G bands.

3. 2 & 3G but only if 4 & 5G design and cost / price point is not materially compromised.

4. UK, Europe but true International capable modems would be an advantage.

5. UK: EE (Cat9 capable), Vodafone, Three & O2. Unlimited data plans are becoming popular.

Other:

10/100/1G PoE Ethernet

Antenna only version of LHG R with SMA connectors as alternative to Poynting antennas.

RJ11 VoLTE / VoIP analogue phone port to compete with e.g. Huawei B525 & similar products to take advantage of included voice minutes. Offering this type of product would be attractive in many markets, particularly emerging / developing countries where the landline isn’t commonplace.

Portable capable 4G / 5G WiFi router with rechargeable battery.

Low power consumption.

neutronlaser

Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:01 pm

Why the heck you put a 100mbit ethernet in LtAP Mini? Does a gigabit network port cost more than a $1 extra?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:10 pm

Why the heck you put a 100mbit ethernet in LtAP Mini? Does a gigabit network port cost more than a $1 extra?
This is not only $1 because the CPU must be changed too, this change whole PCB. Current CPU give you max ~300Mbps thats why the SXTR can have 2x100Mbps and Bonding works.

@MikroTik - we wait for new LTE SXTR/LHGR/LDFR era of devices with 1GbE & better 600-900Mhz Gain & M.2 slot.
P.S. Congratulation for selecting Quectel as LTE SoC vendor - this is good direction.

RogerWilco

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:18 am

I think the direction should be as many have said, better gain for lower frequencies in the SXT/LHG products - or two separate models: one for higher and one for lower.
Also, why bother making MikroTik branded modems? Why not pick Quectel and Sierra Wireless and support their modems since they are widely available?
Last edited by RogerWilco on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:21 am

RogerWilco
or two separate models: one for higher and one for lower.
No, this is killing move. One country prefer 600-700Mhz but other 800-900Mhz and we don't want FEW antennas per frequency. This focusing is with old Parabolic Grid and you need 2x with 90° to just use normal MIMO and a new lte category use 4x4... lte modules give you now 4 ipex4 connectors and they are not designed to that ideology.
Just NO, one antenna as our point of view.

Also, why bother making MikroTik branded modems? Why not pick Quectel and Sierra Wireless and support their modems since they are widely available?
They do that now, you can use EM12-G and works perfect, even cell-monitor and band selection works!.
But idea of creating own LTE module with SoC LGA give MikroTik run they micro RTOS who can give us Public IP directly in ECM and you not must fight with 192.168.225.x subnet, the Passthrough works better when internal OS is from the same vendor. MikroTik can buy a specific SoC and create cheaper point device with separate target for differ regions.
This is what I think about it but of course the ideal will be perfect sxtr/lhgr/ldfr with good range 600-2700Mhz, 1GbE, M.2.

szxa21
just joined

Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:14 pm

Hi All,

I am a fan from a far away land the Philippines and I've noticed that no one from my region has posted on this discussion.

Currently, our network infrastructure maxes out with Cat 12 IMO and I think a lot of mobile internet users will switch to Mikrotik if you can offer CAT12-20 devices because the only brand that can reach us is Huawei due to physical constraints.

Most of our ISP use B1, B3, B5, B7, B28, 40 and 41 (some say that they have B42)

A dedicated 4G/5G CPE device is fine.

Philippines mostly in the capital (Manila)

There is no speed cap being implemented by our ISPs but a data cap of a couple of Gigs per day is the usual routine. Your device should work with Smart, Globe and DITO (New ISP starting their operations on March 2021)

RogerWilco

Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:08 am

RogerWilco
or two separate models: one for higher and one for lower.
No, this is killing move. One country prefer 600-700Mhz but other 800-900Mhz and we don't want FEW antennas per frequency.
I don't agree with you on that one. 600-900Mhz for one model and 1800Mhz+ on another model would be perfect. The current method of trying to cover all frequencies doesn't work very well at all, at least not here in rural Australia. A simple flexible PCB MIMO antenna has much better gain on all frequencies than either the SXT or LHG.

As for supporting SW, it is hit and miss on what modems work - there is no official word on what does and doesn't work. MikroTik could also buy bulk and distribute either a SW or Quectel modem without having to waste time and money in constantly making newer modems.

jbird

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 pm

Minimum Cat 6

2. 2. Which LTE bands and which Carrier Aggregation combinations should be supported?
All AT&T bands in USA. 2, 4, 5, 12/17, 29, 30, 66. We have a few devices on Verizon Wireless. I would like to see support for band 14. We are a public safety entity, and band 14 is used for FirstNet public safety network on AT&T.

We will not deploy any devices with the intention of being on 3G or 2G, but it is always good to be able to fall back on it if need be.

USA

Primarily AT&T. A few Verizon. We currently have no speed or data caps.

olof
just joined

Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:06 pm

In general, I would like a LTE module/PCI-e working on the RBX011 series, as they are great soho solutions, with great routing performance for the price.

boldsuck
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:38 pm

In general, I would like a LTE module/PCI-e working on the RBX011 series, as they are great soho solutions, with great routing performance for the price.
1 LTE miniPCI-e card costs $ 70-100,-

The LTE antennas have to be outside and long antenna cables >1m are bad.
In Germany, Telekom, Vodafone, O2 always have very short cable routes (2-5m) at the broadcasting stations.
In most cases it is better to connect an SXT or wAP to the RBx011.

I'm playing here with a wAP ac LTE + mANT LTE 5o. wAP has a cool metal housing.

bublikoff
just joined

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:45 pm

Is this normal that Ive slower speed (about twice slower) on R11e-LTE modem than useing mikrotik+huawai e3372+?
They both uses the same extarnal (outside) antena ... I just have switched from e3372 to R11e-LTE (LTE kit).
Avarage speed on e3372 is about 50-65mbps ... on R11e-LTE is about 25-33mbps
Last edited by bublikoff on Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

etm7469
just joined

Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:29 am

Is this actually normal that Ive slower speed (about twice slower) on R11e-LTE modem than useing mikrotik+huawai e3372+?
They both uses the same extarnal (outside) antena ... I just have switched from e3372 to R11e-LTE (LTE kit).
Avarage speed on e3372 is about 50-65mbps ... on R11e-LTE is about 25-33mbps
I have the same H525 is faster than R11-LTE6. Aggregation is on as well and MT is much slower. Does anyone know what's going on ??

bublikoff
just joined

Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:01 am

I have the same H525 is faster than R11-LTE6. Aggregation is on as well and MT is much slower. Does anyone know what's going on ??
Ive switched to R11e-LTE6 (firmware R11e-LTE6_V026) ... and it works much faster ... according to traffic graph from lte1 interface it reaches up to 126 Mbps ...

etm7469
just joined

Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:18 am

Ive switched to R11e-LTE6 (firmware R11e-LTE6_V026) ... and it works much faster ... according to traffic graph from lte1 interface it reaches up to 126 Mbps ...
Congratulations. I have 0.26 firmware and speeds 30% lower than B525, I don't know what it is. But I accepted it.

jbfavre
just joined

Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:15 am

Hello,
Anyone has any insights about Chateau 5G router ?
I can see one on https://www.ip-sa.com.pl/, reference
RBD53G-5HacD2HnD-TC&RG502Q-EA
, but I'm unable to find it on mikrotik.com 🤔

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:50 am

Anyone has any insights about Chateau 5G router ?
I can see one on https://www.ip-sa.com.pl/, reference
RBD53G-5HacD2HnD-TC&RG502Q-EA
, but I'm unable to find it on mikrotik.com 🤔
It's pre-info to distributors but some of them not hide that info and publicate it. Probably we will be wait to Q2 2021 for it. We still not have any news about SXT(G)R/LHG(G)R/LDF(G)R with m.2 slot, we must wait.

jbfavre
just joined

Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:39 pm

Thanks for the answer SiB
Looks like we won't have to wait Q2:
https://mikrotik.com/product/chateau_5g
;)

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:53 pm

I hope that R11mL-RG502Q-EA is separated module in Form Factor: m.2
We wait, we see. Good that PDF materials they thinks about differ versions of modules/modems with differ Bands.

atakacs
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:59 pm

Wow... lots of options :)

Any input as of which would be the most relevant for use in Switzerland (Swisscom or Surise) ?

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:59 pm

;)
16 MB of ROM. Please MikroTik, not again. The router has IPQ4019 chipset, so with with 16 MB of ROM currently wifiwave2 driver package will no run on it...

etm7469
just joined

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:03 pm

;)
16 MB of ROM. Please MikroTik, not again. The router has IPQ4019 chipset, so with with 16 MB of ROM currently wifiwave2 driver package will no run on it...
...and hereinafter referred to as the "test rabbit" beta, delta etc..ROS 7 :)

Forage

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:32 am

Not needed
France
Free (free.fr) with monthly caps: 50MB/100GB/150GB/250GB/unlimited

But if we are talking about new products I'd be much more interested in a directional LTE antenna-only product. At the moment you only have an omni-directional LTE antenna-only product.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:41 am

But if we are talking about new products I'd be much more interested in a directional LTE antenna-only product. At the moment you only have an omni-directional LTE antenna-only product.
https://mikrotik.com/product/sxt_r
https://mikrotik.com/product/rblhgr
https://mikrotik.com/product/ldf_lte6_kit

and the wAP*/LtAP*/Chateau are for your own external antenna.

Forage

Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 am

You are not reading my post correctly. I'm talking about an antenna ONLY, to use as an external antenna, which MikroTik only has in omni version.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:06 am

Antenna is a passive element which doesn't know anything about what's transmitted (doesn't care about modulation, coding or technology in general). It only cares about frequency.
Since LTE is using quite wide range of frequencies (in Europe from 690MHz to 2700 MHz for FDD, TDD frequencies are somewhat country-specific and not that popular in Europe), it's extremely hard to produce a small, good looking antenna covering everything ... which also performs well. OTOH there are a few specialist buisnisses (also in EU) which produce very decent antennae and I don't see a point in MT producing their own (so far their antennae are not exactly great).

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:38 am

On the other hand, having an external antenna theoretically opens the possibility to have a couple of different models for different bands, and choose the one for the correct band.
(not sure how practical that is, however, you would have to know as a customer on which band your telecom operator works, and the usual customers do not know that. it may even change during operation of the device)

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 pm

...not sure how practical that is, however, you would have to know as a customer on which band your telecom operator works...
I agree it's not practical for end-user. However, if a device is used as CPE and provided by MNO, then MNO likely knows which antenna would fit best for certain customer. If customer will use equipment stationary.

frank333

Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:39 am

• in my opinion an ideal device for LTE should have external cpe
  • have a 4x4 mimo triband antenna no pcb
  • a motherboard M2 to ethernet 10G and accept any linux compatible modem (possibility to upload drivers linux in RoS)
  • be manageable by a downstream router.
  • price around 200€
the possibility of choosing a modem or having already a complete device, will be a sure success given the strong demand in Europe

RogerWilco

Thu May 13, 2021 3:20 am

The problem with the SXT and LHG at the moment is they are quite useless for lower bands.

bobatkins
just joined

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:49 am

We are an FCC licensed and grandfathered Part 90 (3650-3700MHz) operator in Los Angeles, CA. We plan to transition to CBRS and need equipment as soon as possible.

We currently operate a large Mikrotik wireless network in the 5GHz bands and would like to take full advantage of the the CBRS bands as soon as possible and would prefer to use Mikrotik/RouterOS equipment to minimize training and make the most use of our current support infrastructure.

Please advise when equipment is available - as a current Part 90 licensee we can begin testing immediately.

---
Bob Atkins
President/CEO
DigiLink, Inc.

cable
just joined

Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:33 pm

The Telit LM960A9 and Sierra MC7411 both register in ROSv7 in a HAP AC3 which is great news for CBRS but it would be great to have an HAP AC3r version with no modem to reduce cost and be able to take advantage of CBRS certified modems in the US. Thanks!

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:01 pm

Please advise when equipment is available - as a current Part 90 licensee we can begin testing immediately.
Please write directly to support@mikrotik.com because that way MikroTik can share you some individual information.

bobatkins
just joined

Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Please write directly to support@mikrotik.com because that way MikroTik can share you some individual information.

I already did and received this back from them ... :-(

On 8/6/2021 7:00 AM, Viesturs R. (Jira) wrote:
Hello,

At the moment we do not have LTE equipment operating in the B48 and at the moment here is no ETA if/when it will be supported.

Best regards,
Viesturs R.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:16 pm

bobatkins write
On 8/6/2021 7:00 AM, Viesturs R. (Jira) wrote:
Hello,
At the moment we do not have LTE equipment operating in the B48 and at the moment here is no ETA if/when it will be supported.
Best regards,
Viesturs R.
But MikroTik works with that cards from Quectel, e.g. we use RM502Q-AE with quwirelles.com 4x4 antenna .

bobatkins
just joined

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:07 pm

I don't think you understand. I am a B48 licensed network operator. I am looking for band 48 access point equipment for my wireless pop that is compatible with band 48 CPE. It would also be great if Mikrotik made Band 48 CPE as well so that we can deploy a 100% Mikrotik solution.

It appears that all the LTE equipment that Mikrotik offers today is nothing more than AP's that can relay a cell network service to Wi-Fi. I'm looking for APs that can transmit and operate on B48 with built-in frequency management for the US market.
Last edited by bobatkins on Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:10 pm

Sorry bobatkins, I miss your question. About MikroTik and wifi - I not use wifi at MikroTIk units then I cannot help in this field.

ishanjain
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:14 pm

> 1. Which LTE Category you are interested in most - CAT6, CAT7, CAT9, CAT11, CAT12, CAT16 or some other?

I am interested in CAT16 or better.

> 2. Which LTE bands and which Carrier Aggregation combinations should be supported?

40A-40A CA. The 2-3 major ISPs use this CA combination and the speeds are extremely good in this combination. AFAIK, This config is not used in most countries but I would love to see it in a mikrotik product.

> 3. Should it also support Legacy technology like 3G or 2G?
I don't have an opinion on this. Maybe? Depends on how expensive is it to add this.

> 4. Which World/Region/Country would you use it?
India

> 5. Which LTE carrier provider you are interested connecting and is there speed/monthly cap for the subscription plans?
Airtel/Jio. I use postpaid plans. Airtel has a 500GB cap in their highest tier plan, Jio IIRC has a 200GB cap. There are no promised speeds but I usually get ~90mbps at offpeak times and ~40mbps at peak times with my Huawei 5g cpe pro on LTE.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:17 pm

I am looking for band 48 access point equipment for my wireless pop that is compatible with band 48 CPE. It would also be great if Mikrotik made Band 48 CPE as well so that we can deploy a 100% Mikrotik solution.
There "Intercell" eNB product is what your looking for, but I've asked and they don't support Band 48 , for either legacy or CBRS SAS.
It appears that all the LTE equipment that Mikrotik offers today is nothing more than AP's that can relay a cell network service to Wi-Fi. I'm looking for APs that can transmit and operate on B48 with built-in frequency management for the US market.
None of the current Mikrotik LTE modules support band 48 (except new "close to shipping" Chateau). But as a CPE, you can use any of the miniPCIe LTE products with a Telit 960* miniPCIe modem – we have a Accelleran/FreedomFi eNB/EPC we've been testing with Mikrotik wAP ac (with external antennas) as CPE for Band48/CBRS, works great, but a lot different stuff in the signal path. But for constancy I'd rather use a Mikrotik product as the eNB, and some Mikrotik "supported" 5G LTE modem (the later of which seems to "coming soon", but not sure I'd bet on a CBRS/Band 48 eNB from Mikrotik in the near future - hard to know however).

DanielJB
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:32 am

For new product development (ie >9 months), 5G capability would be class-leading due to latency and jitter reduction; drop GPRS and 2G.

Above all, please help engineer just enough buffering at each layer to cover internal latency, so queuing happens in the Linux kernel queuing discipline; this allows Active Queue Management qdiscs (eg CAKE) to keep latency to a few milliseconds. Use a PCIe interface only as USB can have higher worse-case latency, thus need more buffering to prevent underruns.

This of course requires support from the LTE radio microcontroller firmware, so require the vendor to provide a radio firmware API call to specify what buffering (eg a byte queue limit) occurs at each internal layer.

Thanks!

OlofL
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:13 pm

I'm interested in 5G/4G LTE data devices WITHOUT Wifi or extra ports, more of a modem/router for cellular to Gigabit+ Ethernet.

1. CAT16+
3. No, 4G LTE/5G Only, minimize the old stuff.
This, and with console port for ease of management.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:22 pm

Well, it would be nice when "LTE option" would be more realistic on midrange routers, for use as backup link.
That is, a mini PCIe slot available as standard on such routers and a supported LTE card for them (R11e-LTE-*)
Right now, the only viable option for routers in the range RB3011-RB4011-RB5009-CCR often is to use a USB stick, and the RB4011 does not even have a USB port.
However, for branch-to-main office VPN routing the 4G backup option is often desirable. A device like listed above would fix that, but it is yet another device.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:36 pm

Well, it would be nice when "LTE option" would be more realistic on midrange routers, for use as backup link.
That is, a mini PCIe slot available as standard on such routers and a supported LTE card for them (R11e-LTE-*)
Right now, the only viable option for routers in the range RB3011-RB4011-RB5009-CCR often is to use a USB stick, and the RB4011 does not even have a USB port.
However, for branch-to-main office VPN routing the 4G backup option is often desirable. A device like listed above would fix that, but it is yet another device.
One thing to consider is USB may not bad approach (doesn't help the RB4011...) for a "midrange router" vs an internal modem. I'd say you have a good shot of a carrier's hotspot working with V7 via USB to the Mikrotik. e.g. Verizon's 5G Jetpack works with V7. See internal modem in a racked router pose a problem since they need antennas and imagine a lot of RB3/4/5xxx routers are in a closet/cabinet/basement/etc – typically out of sight. Longer/external antenna length could fix this, but at the cost of RF loss, while a longer USB cable to hotspot doesn't suffer RF loss to get in a better position. Just something to consider.

In reality, even though LTE uses miniPCIe, cell modems in ROS still use the USB pins. For high-end 5G modems, need M.2 and NOT use the slower USB bus – so miniPCIe isn't going to get you higher performance (outside MT with USB 3 vs USB 2 bus).

Totally not arguing against "midrange routers" from having LTE support – totally get for management, simple internal LTE modem be a nice option to at least have. But M.2 slots are more of what be nice in newer products.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:38 pm

Yes of course I was just rambling about what would be nice to have, at 2 locations we have RB750Gr3 with USB stick for 4G backup, and like you mention at one site there is a 1.5m USB extension cable between router and USB stick which is peeking through the top of the cabinet, and on another site we have "external antenna" connected to the USB stick for extra performance. Of course this would be more tricky with a mini PCIe card internal to the router, only coax extension would be possible.
The RB750Gr3 is a remarkably powerful router for its price and size, when used for IPsec-encrypted VPN tunnels.
But it looks a bit unprofessional and in some cases a nice rackmounted unit with a little more performance would be good to have.
Maybe we should go for the RB5009 and keep using the USB sticks...

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Maybe we should go for the RB5009 and keep using the USB sticks...
Long had same desire for a hEX S and/or RB1100AH that we use as "Dude servers", with an LTE interface built-in. There are none. While the wAP ac R theoretically can run Dude, 16Mb/no USB makes it tough...). We generally have connected a MT LTE device with hEX S or RB1100 to address it.

Just food for thought but on the RB5009 the "USB hotspot" for backup internet bandwidth, also offers a potential "management" Wi-Fi network. With right routing config, can act a local management network for a rack. Some of the newer hotspot have "passthrough mode" and/or OpenVPN/other VPN support so you can then use that connect to a central Mikrotik, as an independent routing path. More saying it not the worst approach, given the state of Mikrotik LTE 5G support.

But since Mikrotik has said the RB5009 is the first in a line of these devices, an 2022 update to this thread be a R5xxx that had 1 (or ideally 2-3) LTE M.2 slots that could mount next to a RB5009 be way better than a hotspot.

stmx38
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:07 am

LTE portable modem can be very useful, like other vendors do it - NETGEAR Nighthawk M5 Mobile Router

Copy from Wanted - New hardware from MikroTik and New hardware - mAP.

russman
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:42 pm

LTE device like the wAP LTE6 with an RJ-11 and VoLTE support would be Awesome. I'd love to continue using Mikrotik for managing remote endpoints and this would be great for remote fire alarm backup and other things that use land lines.

JonnyM
just joined

Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:17 pm

I'm interested in 5G/4G LTE data devices WITHOUT Wifi or extra ports, more of a modem/router for cellular to Gigabit+ Ethernet.

1. CAT16+
2. All bands for US AT&T/Tmobile/Verizon. I don't know if listing them is prudent, because they can and do change, we would want to match availability for launch.
3. No, 4G LTE/5G Only, minimize the old stuff.
4. United States
5. I would like to match AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon in the US.

Personally, I'm trying to pull together capital for launching an MVNO. This would be data only, geared at enterprise customers. If Mikrotik is interested, I would be happy to single source you all if you all make products that are useful and purpose-built for business/enterprise function. If not, fine, but that would be the devices I need.
It would be great to see something like this - a WAP ac LTE6 style device but without the Wi-Fi part and with as fast a 4G or 5G radio as possible, powered by 802.3af PoE. Features that would make it almost an instant purchase would be if there was a way of separating the radio & antennas from the box containing the SIM card like Peplink do with their SIM injector - this would mean you don't have to go up onto a roof to swap a SIM.

Machello

Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:50 am

I would like to see Mini-PCIe 5G modems so I can upgrade routerboards with them. I install a lot of LHGG routerboards here in South Africa. And also can you make you're RouterOS SMS Inbox support MMS messages. We have ISPs here that does not fall back to GSM/2G/3G on their Home WiFi LTE-A subscriptions and they send text based OTP recovery MMS instead of SMS when clients have their account passwords wrong 3 times. A lot of these routerboards get installed high up on towers and retrieving the SIM just so a person can get OTP MMS can be a big hassle.

htdbnbj
just joined

Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Hi Uldis
If this forum is still active and you are reading I would add the following from two perspectives firstly as a custom lte builder and secondly as a distributor of standard MikroTIK lte products.
So firstly the custom builds in IP65/67 enclosures:
1) we only use the LTE6 cards as our entry level solution of which the bulk are used in our dual LTE6 model with a 4 x 4 PCB antenna board.
Comment - fix the I/F switching on the RBM33G board as this has still not been done in V7 so when resetting the config for example one finds mPCIe1 becomes lte2 instead of what should logically be lte1 always. In this day and age asking new users to implement scripts to sort the i/f naming out is like passing the buck it should be resolved by now as it has been brought up from a long time ago and is inhibiting sales as well as requiring unnecessary support responding to queries about i/f names switching.
2) Now that the newer LTE bands having been auctioned here in South Africa at last (i.e. the ones freed up by digitising TV and others) we are anticipating that bandwidth to support LTE12 will become a reality here especially for more thanCA2. However we do not have a mPCIe LTE12 card or a RBMx3G board with M.2 slots. So we need a transition path from the RBM33G board to a RBM dual M.2 (Key B?) board with M.2 LTE6 and LTE12 cards being available at the same time.
3) Not as important but a replacement for the RBM11G board with a M.2 Slot for LTE CAT6/CAT12 card would be useful

Finally as the M.2 (Key B ?) type cards are generally narrower it would be great if we had a board with 2 x M.2 Slots and a mPCIe slot shared with a USB port.

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:53 pm

Please may we have a Modem Firmware changelog for all LTE products

dot02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:47 pm

I don't know if this topic is still relevant as it's been open for quite a while, but anyhow, as a RBLDFR&R11e-LTE6 owner and user here's my feedback on the subject:

CAT7 or 12 would be great for higher uplink speeds
here in France, Bands 1,3,7,20,28,75,76,78,258
nice to have, but not a deakl breaker
EU/France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg
In France, Orange and SFR mostly. No need for cap as the subscription plans automatically cut off the access once the subscription plan has been consumed, and most ISP's will provide unlimited access in the near future IMHO. But this feature could be very useful for users in other countries!

Please allow me to give you a specific feedback on the RBLDFR&R11e-LTE6 specifically:
- This is overall an astonishingly nice and well-engineered device, I love the fact that you can use 3rd party dishes to experiment and play around. I have these in production with professional Kathrein CAS06 antennas (although an adapter plate is required since the Kathrein-mount is patented and proprietary). A lab with 120cm and 180cm Kathrein PFA antennas is currently being worked on to test connectivity in really extremely isolated locations (requires some physical modifications on the dish feed holder). I'd be glad to report as to progress if anyone's interested.
- an internal temperature sensor would be great for monitoring the internal temperature of the device. Maybe also an external heatsink for better thermal management under harsch conditions?
- IPSEC HW encryption would be a huuuuuge improvement. We are using these LDF's on remote locations where we tunnel the whole CCTV traffic to HQ (7-10 cameras per site) and the CPU is peaking at 75-90% all the time !
- a tad bit more CPU and RAM wouldn't hurt...
- make sure the next generations will also support proper PoE 802.3af input (as should all your other devices as well), not the useless "passive PoE". Please stick to industry standards!

Cheers
Denis

c2h5oh
just joined

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:29 pm

CAT12, CAT16, 5G. Due to lack of modules from Mikrotik I was forced to get Quectel EM12-G on my own to get decent speeds.

At least 3 out of B1, B3, B7, B20 N1, N38, N41 for 5G

No point. 2G/3G data is being phased out - e.g. it will be entirely gone from all Carriers in Poland by the end of 2023.

European Union Poland, Ireland, Spain

T-Mobile. Data or speed caps are present in some plans. Even mid-tier plans have 200mbit speed cap and no data cap.
I routinely see 200-250mbit download speeds.

dot02
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:07 pm

Hi c2h5oh, with which MT device are you using the Quectel EM12-G modem? Is the integration seamless? Is it stable over time or to you need to reset the modem regularly? cheers, Denis

c2h5oh
just joined

Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:57 pm

Hi c2h5oh, with which MT device are you using the Quectel EM12-G modem? Is the integration seamless? Is it stable over time or to you need to reset the modem regularly? cheers, Denis
I'm using it with LHG - EM12-G is in m2 format so I had to use m2 to mini-pcie adapter, but it fits and works well without any extra effort - pretty much plug&play. I've been using it for over 6 months now and I believe I've only reset it once in that time.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:43 am

LHG LTE18 kit US version.

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:23 pm

wAP 5G powered by POE or DC with a little more ram / disk space would definitely make my day :)

benoitc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 09, 2022 11:25 pm

CAT12, CAT16, 5G. Due to lack of modules from Mikrotik I was forced to get Quectel EM12-G on my own to get decent speeds.

Did you put it in a wAP ? Do you have any doc / post about it?

pothi

Mon May 29, 2023 6:47 am

I'd request to bring outdoor LTE devices with increased storage to fit RouterOS v7, ZeroTier, or any future capabilities. Currently, all outdoor LTE devices by MikroTik have limited disk space (16MB).

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 29, 2023 7:19 pm

I'd request to bring outdoor LTE devices with increased storage to fit RouterOS v7, ZeroTier, or any future capabilities. Currently, all outdoor LTE devices by MikroTik have limited disk space (16MB).
100% agree. But I'll offer that the ZeroTier, IoT, and GPS extra-packages do fit in the current wAPacR. Now your stuck with 802.11ac since WifiWave2 does not fit in the wAP's because of the 16MB flash – so totally valid request.

htdbnbj
just joined

Tue May 30, 2023 10:58 am

So the million $ question is when are we going to see a decent outdoor LTE Router with GbE, minimum 2.4Ghz primarily for support, M.2 Slots and minimum LTE6/7 (Prefer 7 for uplink speeds subject to pricing differential) option to use the CAT12/18 which presumably are the ones used in the Chateau 12 and 18.
Please do not prolong the wAP enclosure for this purpose as in areas of high moisture and warm/hot weather corrosion is a problem e.g. mist belts, costal areas with high humidity. The RBSXT enclosure has a similar problem. We need IP65 minimum preferably IP66.
On the same subject and with the same M.2 requirements, storage etc. is a new model of the RBM33G board 3 x M.2 slots 2 with SIM and a 3rd one for optional 802..11 wireless card or storage.

RyanNet
just joined

Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:43 pm

PLEASE simply include mini-pcie or m.2 port in all products and offer version with no installed modem.

Then we can install modem as needed, mostly for management, Cat 4/6 is plenty or Cat-M/NB-iot for remote management.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:40 am

On the same subject and with the same M.2 requirements, storage etc. is a new model of the RBM33G board 3 x M.2 slots 2 with SIM and a 3rd one for optional 802..11 wireless card or storage.
Perhaps in the RB5009 form-factor...with two slots for disks, and two M.2 for modems. An RB5004-2xLTE+2xDisk. Perhaps with some more modern QMAs on back/front.

In 1U, you could have 4 modems (e.g. two of the above) and redundant routers (e.g. two RB5009).

It could even just have the USB bus for the modem/disks inside, to connect to a RB5009 via it's USB as an "accessory"...