Community discussions

MikroTik App

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox 3.13 released!

Fri May 04, 2018 2:17 pm

You need to report it to F-Secure instead. They are responsible for this.

Spidlacz
just joined

Wed May 16, 2018 3:40 pm

Why does Winbox look for neighbors when running with parameters and directly connecting to a device? There is always a delay of about 2 seconds.

tippenring

Wed May 16, 2018 4:17 pm

Great work ^^

It would be interesting if some day winbox would allow to save "a default view" with the customized configuration of columns, fields, views, etc ... and each time you enter a new routerOS imports automatically your personal "saved" configuration. You could add export / import between winboxes or restart to defaults.. but any time you connect to a routerOS see the same firewall view.
It does on Windows. It's the session profile. I have all my windows, columns, etc set in my session profile, and have that session profile set for all 100 or so of my Mikrotik devices. I redirect my Mikrotik settings and address list to my google drive and everything syncs between my various computers without issue. It works perfectly.

tippenring

Wed May 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Still no signature checking or HTTPS... man in the middle can easily compromise administrator's PC.

https://i.imgur.com/TX7G9pq.gifv
Wow. Although relatively low risk, I can't think of a reason for not verifying the cert but laziness. Good thing I don't upgrade from Winbox I guess.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 16, 2018 5:34 pm

I have all my windows, columns, etc set in my session profile, and have that session profile set for all 100 or so of my Mikrotik devices.
Is it possible to share a single session profile for all different devices even when you have many windows open to different devices at the same time?
How does that behave when you change something in the views?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 16, 2018 6:51 pm

The last one closed wins? :) Anyway, synchronization and race condition is out of topic. Like "What should happen if you do two opposite changes in two simultaneously opened windows?"

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 16, 2018 7:44 pm

I have all my windows, columns, etc set in my session profile, and have that session profile set for all 100 or so of my Mikrotik devices.
Is it possible to share a single session profile for all different devices even when you have many windows open to different devices at the same time?
If you keep the "Autosave Sessions" box unchecked, each router will open with the stock session layout, and any changes you make to windows for each individual router as you work will not affect your saved layout. If you ever do want to change the saved layout, just use "Save" in the File menu in the router window.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

I'll have to give it a try to see how it works out... in my experience, layouts are sometimes even lost when doing updates of RouterOS
(when a column is added to some list everything falls back to defaults) so it is to be tried how well this works in a network mixed
of bugfix/stable/testing versions. But other than that, I really hate to have to setup all the views for every new router.
(e.g. delete all those pesky FP columns that are completely useless because I always disable fastpath and fasttrack)

macsrwe
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 pm

I'll have to give it a try to see how it works out... in my experience, layouts are sometimes even lost when doing updates of RouterOS
(when a column is added to some list everything falls back to defaults) so it is to be tried how well this works in a network mixed
of bugfix/stable/testing versions. But other than that, I really hate to have to setup all the views for every new router.
(e.g. delete all those pesky FP columns that are completely useless because I always disable fastpath and fasttrack)
I operate Winbox in this manner daily. I keep one session file for each *type* of router (CPE, edge, AP, station, relay) and save one of those session names in the entry for each router in the list. A have a couple routers with custom layouts all their own, but very few. It works very well for me.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon May 28, 2018 11:13 am

Winbox v3.14 has been released:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=134940