Community discussions

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: v6.43.8 [stable] is released!

Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:18 am

nichky - Thanks for all the information. Upcoming RouterOS releases will show indoor/outdoor parameters under country-info output. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
sff - Any supout.rif file will tell us more than a thousand words. Support usually replies within three Latvian business days. Sometimes (like during holiday or MUM season) it might take a little bit longer, but you will never be left without a response. Please write an e-mail to us and we will try to help you. Lets not keep this discussion open under 6.43.8 topic which is not related to your problem.
DimaFIX - Please send supout.rif file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. If I add such symbol to my wireless interfaces SSID, then it continue to work properly.
yottabit - As stated one line above, we can not confirm that there is such problem. First of all, there are no SSID related changes in this version and I can not seem to reproduce such problem when I use "`" symbol in SSID.

tonymobile

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:09 am

You are right that there could have been two ways to adjust the inaccurate setting for some users.
We chose to adjust towards compliance, not towards incompliance. If user has set a country, he possibly wanted to be compliant already.
When will you understand that it is now impossible to conform?

Unfortunately, the 5 ghz band has collapsed, and we defend ourselves as we can.

You've probably been the victim of some compliance check!

You have to improve wireless performance absolutely, otherwise mikrotik will have a short life.

Take a look mimosa, cambium (I do not want to put ubiquiti in question)

tonymobile

Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:14 am

You are right that there could have been two ways to adjust the inaccurate setting for some users.
We chose to adjust towards compliance, not towards incompliance. If user has set a country, he possibly wanted to be compliant already.
I don't think that a user using superchannel with a country set wants to be compliant and I think the second option (changing country on update) is the best option.
In the end, these are things that should be written in changelog, I think lots of users lost CPE connection for this update.

I agree!

Probably mikrotik was the victim of some compliance check!

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:37 am

hapi - Please provide supout file from your router that would be generated while router is inaccessible either over another interface or over serial console. We will see why you can not access router at some point. I do not see any reason why you should jump tp consclusions right away and announce this as a "bug".
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142842&p=704812#p704812

genesispro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:40 am

"wireless - improvements in wireless frequency selection;"
Can you be more specific?
I think in the past it was only counting the count and not the quality of a frequency, now?

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:25 pm

You have to improve wireless performance absolutely, otherwise mikrotik will have a short life.

I totally agree, except for Ubiquiti.
I tried AF5X for PTP where before I had Net Metal 5HP, it's another world. 200Mbps EFFECTIVE throughput with 50MHz channel in a really noisy environment, 16km link.

MikrotiTik you don't have to improve Nv2, to be competitive in the market you should make new antennas, something brutal and expensive, something though, I want to destroy trees with radio waves. 🤯
You really should see what competitors are doing and do it better, Net Metal is 5 years old.
ImageImage

oooscar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:58 pm

strods I'm not saying that this change is wrong, it should work like that, but:
1. Write it in changelog
2. If you have to update and set regulatory domain for countries, why removing superchannel with country set instead of unsetting country with superchannel set?
I don't think this change is correct. Why I cannot set a specific country and manual-txpower ? Country should filter frequencies on that country but I should be available to choose power as desired (regulatory that is really helpful but also manual).

I think to have flexibility is the best as we could do before.

And also agree that should be on changelog.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:06 pm

hapi - Please create a support ticket and lets continue this discussion there.
genesispro - After the fix, wireless configuration complies with allowed frequencies in your country based on "/interface wireless info country-info <country>".
Redmor - Please either contact support or create a new topic for this discussion. Lets keep this topic related to its subject - v6.43.8.
oooscar - This is not correct. Frequency is not an only thing that is limited by country regulations. See information under "/interface wireless info country-info <country>".

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:08 pm

1. Write it in changelog
2. If you have to update and set regulatory domain for countries, why removing superchannel with country set instead of unsetting country with superchannel set?
I don't think this change is correct. Why I cannot set a specific country and manual-txpower ? Country should filter frequencies on that country but I should be available to choose power as desired (regulatory that is really helpful but also manual).

I was mainly talking about superchannel but yes, I agree that at least with country we should be able to use manual tx power.
ImageImage

netwpl

Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:03 pm

still got DHCP Problems with some manufactors (eg. Samsung Galaxy S7).

The DHCP Server sits on the bridge interface (since ages!) but my Galaxy S7 cant get an IP address. After setting some static IP on the galaxy S7, everything works.

My DHCP Config:
/ip dhcp-server
add add-arp=yes address-pool=pool-lan always-broadcast=yes disabled=no \
    interface=bridge-local lease-time=1d name=dhcp-local
/ip dhcp-server network
add address=10.10.10.0/24 comment="default configuration" dns-server=\
    10.10.10.254 gateway=10.10.10.254 netmask=24 ntp-server=\
Some DHCP debug output:

cheers

tonymobile

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:43 pm

I totally agree, except for Ubiquiti.
I tried AF5X for PTP where before I had Net Metal 5HP, it's another world. 200Mbps EFFECTIVE throughput with 50MHz channel in a really noisy environment, 16km link.

MikrotiTik you don't have to improve Nv2, to be competitive in the market you should make new antennas, something brutal and expensive, something though, I want to destroy trees with radio waves. 🤯
You really should see what competitors are doing and do it better, Net Metal is 5 years old.
I Agree!!!

Really ubiquiti has reached these excellent levels? I did not know!!

I used ubiquiti, 6 years ago Nanostation 5 first version, then I have always been a follower of mikrotik.

I have more than 15000 routerboard switched on, in my region!!!!

Mikrotik is betraying generous and historic customers.

kikikakuku
just joined

Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:53 pm

I've CPE scheduled to autoupgrade via scheduler script "/system package update download;" on all CPE's.
This update is just messing things up. After every autoupdate. Have to site visit every client just to change from regulatory to superchannel. What a pain.

If the frequency mode is set to superchannel why not just change the country to "no country" instead of switching to regulatory??? It's less troublesome as you don't lose connectivity.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:13 pm

why not just change the country to "no country" instead of switching to regulatory???
Let me guess... Because someone set 'country' value for some reason? :)
Russian-speaking forum: https://forum.mikrotik.by/. Welcome!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

MikroTik. Your life. Your routing.

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:18 pm

I've CPE scheduled to autoupgrade via scheduler script "/system package update download;" on all CPE's.
This update is just messing things up. After every autoupdate. Have to site visit every client just to change from regulatory to superchannel. What a pain.

If the frequency mode is set to superchannel why not just change the country to "no country" instead of switching to regulatory??? It's less troublesome as you don't lose connectivity.
It has been widely advised since long to not update devices under production, instead do some lab updates beforehand and check the results. One of my customers was building a script to update devices automatically and I had a long talk to convince him otherwise.
It is just the way it is, updates should be tested in your particular environment, no matter how many checks Mikrotik (or other vendors) have done before the release.
-Toni-
Don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:35 pm

It has been widely advised since long to not update devices under production, instead do some lab updates beforehand and check the results. One of my customers was building a script to update devices automatically and I had a long talk to convince him otherwise.
It is just the way it is, updates should be tested in your particular environment, no matter how many checks Mikrotik (or other vendors) have done before the release.
Well stated, especially if one has customers. As for the wifi, if people are espousing using competitors products because the competitor products allow them to break the laws then fill your boots with illegal equipment and leave. I applaud Mikrotik for staying within the rules. There are reasons for following frequency regulations.
I'd rather manage rats than software. Follow my advice at your own risk! (Sob & mkx forced me to write that!)

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:45 pm

Well stated, especially if one has customers. As for the wifi, if people are espousing using competitors products because the competitor products allow them to break the laws then fill your boots with illegal equipment and leave. I applaud Mikrotik for staying within the rules. There are reasons for following frequency regulations.
There's still superchannel...
ImageImage

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:15 pm

There's still superchannel...
I fully apreciate Mikrotik's commitment to deliver software that gives us users possibility to follow homeland's regulations. On the other hand I apreciate Mikrotik's willingness to give us users every possibility to break homeland's regulations.

I agree that it is the right way to make user fully aware when (s)he is breaking regulations. By not being able to break regulations when country is set to homeland, this principle is well served. Mikrotik makes possible to break rules if one wants to do it (I do it as well). It's just that we, the users, are responsible when doing it.
BR,
Metod

marekm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:34 pm

Careful - documentation says no_country_set means FCC compliant channels (not all possible channels), so you may need to explicitly (no "default", just list of frequencies as numbers) set scan-list first, otherwise can lose connection (if current channel happens to not be FCC compliant).

CPEs are most affected by this issue, but they passively scan first, and transmit only after finding an (already non-compliant) AP broadcasting the configured SSID. So, suggestion to Mikrotik - if you really have to, make this change on upgrade only for APs (these are in much smaller numbers, and can be accessed over wired LAN to fix the config) and not for station modes.

tonymobile

Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:34 pm

why not just change the country to "no country" instead of switching to regulatory???
Of course, because as long as the rules were respected, many ISPs like me respected them, now that the collapse is now total, we had to defend in some way.

a life of sacrifice is in danger and 18 hours a day of work to carry on this business. I gave up everything, for example.

I thank Mikrotik for giving us the opportunity to circumvent the rules of the Country but now Mikrotik must cointinuate to make us work and survive in this jungle.

I may seem wordy but Mikrotik can not ignore it.

I feel betrayed, I have spent millions of euros on mikrotik devices.

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:05 pm

Of course, because as long as the rules were respected, many ISPs like me respected them, now that the collapse is now total, we had to defend in some way.

a life of sacrifice is in danger and 18 hours a day of work to carry on this business. I gave up everything, for example.

I thank Mikrotik for giving us the opportunity to circumvent the rules of the Country but now Mikrotik must cointinuate to make us work and survive in this jungle.

They are still doing it and they are aware of practices around the world. That's why you have two set of rules, one to comply with regulation and one to choose no country option. How you use wireless devices is all up to you in regard to legal rules.
Mikrotik on its side needs to cover the legislation, otherwise they would not be able to export because of Custom Office and Frequency Authorities in countries over the world.
I haven't had any issue upgrading a couple of indoor AP which were set at no-country (by capsman) and are still at no-country option after upgrade, so I do not see the fuss about this new update.
-Toni-
Don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

oooscar
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:26 am

1. Write it in changelog

I was mainly talking about superchannel but yes, I agree that at least with country we should be able to use manual tx power.

I hope to roll back the restriction of non beeing available to set a Country and use manual-txpower !
As most of us think this this is our choose.

Thanks,

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:46 am

1. Write it in changelog

I hope to roll back the restriction of non beeing available to set a Country and use manual-txpower !
As most of us think this this is our choose.

Thanks,
If you don't want to have to wait 5 minutes to update use this:

Code: Select all

/system script
add name=update source="/system package update download; /interface wireless set 0 country=no_country_set; /system reboot\r\n"
ImageImage

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:53 pm

s/set 0/set [find]/

Egert143
just joined

Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Where can one find the new snmp values ?

"snmp - added "tx-ccq" ("mtxrWlStatTxCCQ") and "rx-ccq" ("mtxrWlStatRxCCQ") values;"

Its not listen under "interface wireless" or "interface wireless registration-tabel". Checked both Ap and Client with print oid.

Hotz1

Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:34 pm

OSPF randomly passes only part of the records to the routing table. It stops having fun.
We're seeing this too. We have one building-to-building link, using dynamic-mesh WDS. The two buildings, and the WDS link, are all on distinct subnets, with routing managed by OSPF.

When the routers were running 6.43.4, when the link would drop & reestablish, everything recovered fine.

Since upgrading to 6.43.8 last night, when the link drops & reestablishes, the near end adds the correct routes to its routing table, but it doesn't seem to pass those updates to its other neighbors. Disabling and enabling the OSPF network for the WDS link corrects the problem almost immediately.
Principal, Engineering
Cape Ann Communications, Inc.
Gloucester, MA, USA

tonymobile

Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:13 pm

They are still doing it and they are aware of practices around the world. That's why you have two set of rules, one to comply with regulation and one to choose no country option. How you use wireless devices is all up to you in regard to legal rules.
Mikrotik on its side needs to cover the legislation, otherwise they would not be able to export because of Custom Office and Frequency Authorities in countries over the world.
I haven't had any issue upgrading a couple of indoor AP which were set at no-country (by capsman) and are still at no-country option after upgrade, so I do not see the fuss about this new update.
I know that without selection of the country everything works properly but I have been selecting the Country for many years.

Because as long as I could, I fully respected the rules, now it is impossible to continue to do so because the 5 GHz band is now dead.

With the old versions Mikrotik gave priority to the parameter superchannel now has changed direction.

He should have done it from the beginning, why did Mikrotik notice it just now?

I'm sorry, I do not agree with this choice, then all these years has been illegal outlaws ???

Rather, he committed himself to activating Spectral History again on AC devices.

Everyone has a software spectrum analyzer but obviously mikrotik no!

I am a TOP customer for Mikrotik and customers who spend a lot of money have to be heard.

I have been registered for many years on this forum, I have always been silent, without ever asking for help but this time I do not transpose!

MIKROTIK WAKE UP!

deanMKD1

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:30 pm

resource - fixed "total-memory" reporting on ARM devices;
What was fix fot this? Incorrectly show the memory? On what device?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:44 pm

At least "original" hAP ac2 with 256MB total RAM used to show 240MB ... since latest beta it shows 256MB ... I'm not sure about free RAM though, I'd say it didn't increase (my unit shows 190MB free, my leaky memory says it was around that also before fix).
BR,
Metod

Hotz1

Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:37 pm

kez - Sometimes router that was using "ac" did tend to reboot due to a Watchdog timer. This problem is now resolved. This does not mean that all "Watchdog reboots" are fixed in RouterOS. Usually such reboot happens on overloaded router.
We have a couple OmniTik ACs that have been rebooting every few days due to watchdog timeouts, since early November. They continue to do so, even after upgrading to 6.43.8.

One of the OmniTiks handles a lot of traffic; the other barely sees anything.
Principal, Engineering
Cape Ann Communications, Inc.
Gloucester, MA, USA

deanMKD1

Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:36 pm

At least "original" hAP ac2 with 256MB total RAM used to show 240MB ... since latest beta it shows 256MB ... I'm not sure about free RAM though, I'd say it didn't increase (my unit shows 190MB free, my leaky memory says it was around that also before fix).
Mine have 128MB RAM currently. Its from second batch with exact number of ram. :)

acron
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:01 am

RouterBOARD 941-2nD, after upgrade from 6.43.6:
After fresh setup of L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared secret, clients cannot connect to VPN if pre-shared secret contains more than 4 characters :-/

Redmor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:39 am

After fresh setup of L2TP/IPsec with pre-shared secret, clients cannot connect to VPN if pre-shared secret contains more than 4 characters :-/
Please write OS of devices, I have a similar problem but only with Windows.
ImageImage

acron
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:08 am

Please write OS of devices, I have a similar problem but only with Windows.
I have two devices. The result is the same.
1. Windows 10 Pro version 1809 (OS build 17763.195)
2. Android 9 with security patch from 5. december 2018 (Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, official ROM without any root/hacks)

BiRi
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:24 am

After updating RouterOS to version 6.43.7, part,not all of computers in the LAN can't ping each other.Is there the problem with this version?

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:08 pm

I see from this topic, that most people do not understand what "country" setting does, what "manual-tx-power" means and what is "superchannel" mode.
We will improve documentation on this topic, as I see there are a lot of misconceptions and wrong info in this thread.

In short, if you live in the EU and want to conform with the rules, you MUST use regulatory-domain and country name. It will enable DFS radar check and correct power output depending on chosen frequency.

If you have some special permission (!) to use other settings, select "no country set" and use "Superchannel" or manual-tx-power mode.

Others are free to use any setting you please, including manual-tx-power that allows to override powers, or superchannel, where you can set anything you want, or even choose a different country. Applied limitations you can check in "/interface wireless country-info germany" or any other country.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Egert143
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi Normis

Could you please clarify the snmp update, what is the new oid values for ccq? Could realy use them to monitor link quality.

Cha0s
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:24 pm

Symbol: ` in WLAN SSID brake all wlan interfaces.
Or even not a symbol, but a virtual WLAN. When I create a virtual WLAN and reboot hap ac^2, I don't see all interfaces and export doesn't work in the console.
DimaFIX - Please send supout.rif file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. If I add such symbol to my wireless interfaces SSID, then it continue to work properly.
I don't think the problem is the ` symbol.
I upgraded over 40 devices of all makes and models without any problems.

But on a single hAP ac^2 after reboot the interface list was empty. The SSIDs were standard ASCII names, without any special character.
After many minutes of waiting, the interfaces appeared but the wlans were missing, and the whole board was very sluggish (no, there was no cpu load).
Reboots didn't help.

Also after each reboot a blue warning was shown about defconf not being able to find any wireless interfaces.

After downgrading back to 6.43.4, the warning is still there, reboot times are long, but all interfaces are working again.
I cannot troubleshoot this further since it's in production.

antonsb
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:35 pm

Where can one find the new snmp values ?

"snmp - added "tx-ccq" ("mtxrWlStatTxCCQ") and "rx-ccq" ("mtxrWlStatRxCCQ") values;"

Its not listen under "interface wireless" or "interface wireless registration-tabel". Checked both Ap and Client with print oid.
Thank you for reporting this, there is a bug regarding this value availability.

sff
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:32 pm

GIANT HINT FOR EVERYONE EXPERIENCING 1GB TO 10GB PERFORMANCE ISSUES:

Throw out your 10Gb Mikrotik SFPs. Chuck them. The $159/ea Mikrotiks are the issue. I had a pair of FS.com brocade compatible 10GB 1310nm SFPs from another project. Swapped them in a link that was experiencing "wire speed" in one direction going 10Gb to 10Gb but only getting 650-750Mb in the other direction. This link was fine before upgrading the switch from a CRS226 to a CRS326.

But the FS.com parts? The 326 recognized it. Also plugged one into a 317 and it recognized it as well.

Performance issues are ALL GONE -- at least as far as 1Gb to 10Gb transition goes. The 326 now performs just as well as the 226 that was in there before. The issue is the SFPs. Period. End of story. DAYS WASTED finding this. And it wasn't just a single pair of SFPs. We've got dozens of 850nm and 1310nm 10Gb connections that are affected.

FYI: The FS.com 1310nm brocade compatible is $34. The 850nm is $16. I neither work for or am compensated in any way by FS.com for this "endorsement". BTW, an ACTUAL Brocade 10GB 850nm SFP is not recognized by the 317 or the 328 -- but the "Brocade compatible" is. Funny, eh?

Is it software? Did they really "improve" performance in 6.43.8? No idea. But if it is software, the issue is in talking to their own SFPs, not "compatible" generic modules.

I still love Mikrotik switches and routers. I am no longer a fan of their 10Gb SFPs.

pikpik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:37 pm

Waiting 30mins with status "detecting radar", wtf MT ?

complex1
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Please do a Google search and read (understand) why there is a 30-minute wait time when using the “DFS radar check”.
Kind regards,
Frank.

sff
just joined

Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:46 pm

strods - I posted today's message before seeing your comment from a couple of days ago. I would, however, disagree with what you said. The release notes for 6.43.8 specifically say that performance was improved, but it was not. So yes, this is a 6.43.8 "issue" as well as a general software/hardware issue.

I am certain that I can repeat the issue, across multiple switches and multiple SFPs. I can send data once I've got this onto a test network where I can play with it and send you files from a hardware configuration that fails as well as one that works. I can't do that from the ship's production network without getting lots of complaints from users.

I'll send an email to support once I have it repeating outside of a production environment.

erebusodora
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:27 pm

There are no free frequencies. Mission Impossible to Pass on regulatory domain. It's time to go back to the old gold settings again country: south africa frequency mode=super channel to use 5400. 5440 etc.Association time is increased why ?.

socada
just joined

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:49 am

I lost connection on some CPE´s and PTP´s my final solution is set to country: Debug - Frecuency: Superchannel.
I think Country Debug it´s equal or better than old no_country_set.

Regards.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:47 am

> interface wireless info country-info no_country_set 
  ranges: 2402-2472/b,g,gn20,gn40(30dBm)
          2417-2457/g-turbo(20dBm)
          5170-5250/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(17dBm)
          5250-5330/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(23dBm)/dfs,passive
          5735-5835/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(30dBm)
          5190-5230/a-turbo(17dBm)/dfs
          5230-5310/a-turbo(23dBm)/dfs,passive
          5740-5820/a-turbo(30dBm)/dfs
          5180-5260/a-turbo(17dBm)
          5260-5300/a-turbo(23dBm)/dfs,passive
          5745-5825/a-turbo(30dBm)
          902-927/b,g,g-turbo,gn20,gn40(30dBm)
> interface wireless info country-info debug          
  ranges: 902-927/b,g,g-turbo,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2302-2382/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2402-2482/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2474-2494/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2502-2742/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2292-2392/g-turbo(5dBm)
          2417-2457/g-turbo(5dBm)
          2492-2752/g-turbo(5dBm)
          5110-5710/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(5dBm)
          5735-5835/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(5dBm)
          5110-5690/a-turbo(5dBm)
          5130-5670/a-turbo(5dBm)
Debug has very low power limits - 5 dBm (like 3mW)

socada
just joined

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:17 am

> interface wireless info country-info no_country_set 
  ranges: 2402-2472/b,g,gn20,gn40(30dBm)
          2417-2457/g-turbo(20dBm)
          5170-5250/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(17dBm)
          5250-5330/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(23dBm)/dfs,passive
          5735-5835/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(30dBm)
          5190-5230/a-turbo(17dBm)/dfs
          5230-5310/a-turbo(23dBm)/dfs,passive
          5740-5820/a-turbo(30dBm)/dfs
          5180-5260/a-turbo(17dBm)
          5260-5300/a-turbo(23dBm)/dfs,passive
          5745-5825/a-turbo(30dBm)
          902-927/b,g,g-turbo,gn20,gn40(30dBm)
> interface wireless info country-info debug          
  ranges: 902-927/b,g,g-turbo,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2302-2382/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2402-2482/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2474-2494/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2502-2742/b,g,gn20,gn40(5dBm)
          2292-2392/g-turbo(5dBm)
          2417-2457/g-turbo(5dBm)
          2492-2752/g-turbo(5dBm)
          5110-5710/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(5dBm)
          5735-5835/a,an20,an40,ac20,ac40,ac80,ac160,ac80+80(5dBm)
          5110-5690/a-turbo(5dBm)
          5130-5670/a-turbo(5dBm)
Debug has very low power limits - 5 dBm (like 3mW)
This power limits it´s if you put regulatory-domain, in normal cases if put debug you use superchannel. I check this in my antennas, put debug and superchannel and works same power than no_country_set. But if put debug and regulatory-domain drops the power to this 5dbm.

Chaosphere64

Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:24 pm

In short, if you live in the EU and want to conform with the rules, you MUST use regulatory-domain and country name. It will enable DFS radar check and correct power output depending on chosen frequency.

If you have some special permission (!) to use other settings, select "no country set" and use "Superchannel" or manual-tx-power mode.
What about the use of CAPsMAN? AFAIK the default setting for the frequency-mode setting is "manual-tx-power". One can't configure that setting when using CAPsMAN while you can configure a country. Does solely setting the country variable conform with the EU rules as long as you don't manipulate the tx power?

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:35 pm

What about the use of CAPsMAN? AFAIK the default setting for the frequency-mode setting is "manual-tx-power". One can't configure that setting when using CAPsMAN while you can configure a country. Does solely setting the country variable conform with the EU rules as long as you don't manipulate the tx power?
For CAPsMAN the value is "regulatory-domain"

voytec
just joined

Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:09 pm

The problem occurred after upgrading CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ to 6.43.8.

I lost the ability to write and delete files in the NAND Flash memory. Free space is 55% from 128MB
Any operation related to writing, deleting, restoring settings ends with the information with the note "action failed (6)", e.g.
Couldn't remove File <abcd.txt> - action failed (6)
Couldn't restore configuration - action failed (6)

The first symptom is the lack of logging in. User settings were restored to default (admin / no password).
After setting a password and even creating a new user, the changes will disappear after some time.

I tried to restore the default settings with the "Reset" button and I lost the configuration, but I still can't write to the NAND memory.

Is there any way to restore the possibility of writing to NAND memory.

whatever
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:16 pm

*) capsman - fixed "group-key-update" parameter not using correct units;
Can we get some details on this?
How was the parameter interpreted before this fix? Is the long-term release affected by the same bug? If yes: when can we expect a backport of this bugfix to long-term?