Community discussions

tonymobile

Re: v6.44 [stable] is released!

Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:34 am

Updated a CCR1009 and RB4011 without any issues. Great work MT!
Now please make us happy with some BGP improvements in 6.45 :-)
Quote!!

is it true that for the BGP sessions, RouterOS use only one core?

nuffrespect

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:11 am

Hi,
Didn't understand this topic (how it works):
*) lte - added "firmware-upgrade" command for R11e-LTE international modems (CLI only);
Tried to update WAP-LTE with CLI - it shows that exist new firmware - enter "upgrade"
/ interface lte firmware-upgrade lte1
installed: MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v008
latest: MikroTik_CP_2.160.000_v010

/ interface lte firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes
.... lost connection.... reboot.... same version on modem
Did you login via LTE connection? Lost connection is expected then, probably failed upgrade is as well. I use this script for remote upgrade: unattended-lte-firmware-upgrade
Yes, the same connection of course ;) because that's LTE router, it didn't had another one "internet" inside :) only from mobile provider....
Maybe failed - there is no log messages about process, nothing, It is very well, that after the "failed update" the device has recovered connection after reboot.
Thanks for the script, i will test it on "non-production" router, first and after that on installed

nuffrespect

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 am

/ interface lte firmware-upgrade lte1 upgrade=yes
.... lost connection.... reboot.... same version on modem
I have 2 carriers with 2 different SIMs. One works, one seems to block it!
Maybe that's my case too, will try to investigate too...

nuffrespect

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:26 am

Another "bug" from version to version, form stable to stable release

"Future" time on GRE tunnels in (up\down) status field
May be someone know how it resolve?
Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Paternot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:58 am

Updated a CCR1009 and RB4011 without any issues. Great work MT!
Now please make us happy with some BGP improvements in 6.45 :-)
Quote!!

is it true that for the BGP sessions, RouterOS use only one core?
Yes, it is.

osc86

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Thanks!
Check System / Clock

All tunnel interfaces show the correct date and time on my devices.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:06 pm

Incorrect time is cosmetic Winbox bug noticed when there are multiple Winbox instances open. If you check in terminal, time is reported correctly.

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:10 pm

command
/interface wireless set wlan1 band=5ghz-onlyac;
on RB711G (no AC wifi) run is ok. No fail, no error but wifi not function.

this automatization script is not function, function only on AC devices because no error if set onlyAC on noAC devices.
 	:do { /interface wireless set wlan1 band="5ghz-n/ac"; :log info "usage 5g-n/ac"; } on-error={
	    :do { /interface wireless set wlan1 band="5ghz-onlyn"; :log info "usage 5g-n"; } on-error={
	        :do { /interface wireless set wlan1 band="5ghz-a"; :log info "usage 5g-a"; } on-error={
	        }
	    }
	}

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:18 pm

Works as expected:
[admin@4p_DUT_DISC Lite5] /interface wireless> set band=5ghz-n/ac                 
Script Error: action cancelled
[admin@4p_DUT_DISC Lite5] /interface wireless> set  0 band=5ghz-n/ac  
failure: bad band or frequency, see 'wireless info' for supported channels
[admin@4p_DUT_DISC Lite5] /interface wireless> :do { set 0 band=5ghz-n/ac } on-err
or={ :put "error"} 
error
Not 6.44 version specific, most likely related to wireless card you have, contact support for more details.

hapi
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 pm

RB711G not wifi AC. SXT report error, RB711G no error.

isacalmeida
just joined

Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:34 pm

Kampfwurst - What is the error that you get? Does your router have an access to cloud2.mikrotik.com? Test it from CLI (Winbox would use computers DNS in order to resolve this address);
Simono - Please provide an example rule that you use in access list and interface configuration within an e-mail to support@mikrotik.com;
Chupaka - We will update wiki page as soon as possible;
WirelessRudy - Do you have an access to this IP address? Please provide supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. Speed Test works just fine for me to/from all accessible IP addresses;
osc86, MDE, geiger - Please provide supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com;
lenciso - Please provide more information about what kind of crash did you experience on your router;
isacalmeida - Please provide an example. This fix was made in order to fix an issue when, for example, you have PPPoE tunnel which creates default route and then have an L2TP tunnel over it. Then special route towards L2TP server must be created dynamically which uses PPPoE as a gateway, if L2TP adds its own default route. Otherwise L2TP server would be reachable over L2TP tunnel itself which is not correct;
Chaosphere64 - Are these devices discovered by MNDP? If yes, then please provide supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com;
Pea - This change allows to specify interfaces under "/caps-man manager interface" menu and at the same time allows to use router itself as a CAP and CAPsMAN at the same time. Before you could not forbid all and allow traffic from router itself to CAPsMAN. It affects interface list not the firewall. Firewall accept rule still must be present;
saaremaa - What is the question here actually? Delegated-IPv6-Prefix is already working for DHCP service (RADIUS). Such parameter is not available yet for PPP service. If you make PPPoE server which then distributes addresses by using DHCP service, then this will not work since users are authenticated by using PPP service, not DHCP;
tamagochi - Do you mean that e-mail settings were corrupted? I do not see how this would be possible by this upgrade. If you downgrade router back, then setting re-appears? Please test if when you downgrade device, set TO parameter, upgrade back and the setting is gone again;
Nicky - If details about new IPsec implementation are not clear from the changelog, then please write to support@mikrotik.com. Provide your configuration and an example of configuration which can not seem to get working. We will help you as soon as possible;
Hello strods,

In my scenario, I have a PPPoE connection and a PPTP VPN, both with the default route enabled. After updating the version, the bug remains when the both are with the default route.

ErfanDL
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:24 pm

there is a bug in RB2011UiAS-2HnD with HUAWEI USB 3G Dongle. the dongle cannot be detecting in RB2011UiAS-2HnD, but with RB951Ui working without problem.

Shalom
just joined

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi,

I got issue on the IKE to Iphone VPN after upgrade to 6.44, the iphone doesn't connect to the IKE VPN and show error message that the router did not respond, previously was working fine. Just to sharing this and i got no solution on it yet.

nuffrespect

Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Incorrect time is cosmetic Winbox bug noticed when there are multiple Winbox instances open. If you check in terminal, time is reported correctly.
What terminal command can get time UP|DOWN from gre interface status in terminal???
/interface gre .... ??

I know only for Ethernet
Thanks!

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:03 pm

this "pwr-line1" interface appeared after upgrade to 6.44 on a haplite.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nuffrespect

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks!
Check System / Clock

All tunnel interfaces show the correct date and time on my devices.
Checked, ntp-ok, sync- ok, auto-time-zone-off-manual, cloud tyme resync-off, that's on both sides of tunnel

srTeCHNoiD
just joined

Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:18 pm

Hello all!

We have the following configuration:

2x CCR-1036, 3x different IPv4 channels between them (L2/L3), eoip tunnels are setupped and working fine over this channels.
All this eoip tunnels are RSTP-bridged and working fine before update to 6.44. After update we have this message in log:
eoip-tunnel1: bridge port received packet with own address as source address ([MAC address of this bridge]), probably loop
Message exists only on non-root bridge, and sometimes we see dropped packets (i suggest at the moment of loop test, 1-2 per minute).
eoip-tunnel1 have the hightest priority in this bridge so its active.

If we degrade firmware to long-term, everything is working ok, no errors or messages or dropped packets.

Why this happening? Maybe this is bug?

Cha0s
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:39 pm

When will it be fixed? This has been reported for many releases by now.

Raumaster

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:46 pm

I've updated all my routerbords including all the APs, SXT SA and RB921GS from 6.42.3 to 6.44 and had problems with clients with kinda low signal, -68, -70, -72dbm... In the versio 6.42.3 Mikrotik had made improvements on the NV2 Protocol and said then that clients with low signals from that version on would not affect the whole sector. After upgrading to 6.44 in three of our sectors, many clients started complaining about slow speed. In these three sectors we have one or two clients with kinda of poor signal, -68 to -73dbm, but they were all working okay, no complaints at all since upgrading to 6.42.3 or 6.42.6. In the version 6.44 it seems the NV2 protocol is not working as it was on version 6.42.3 to 6.42.6 or so. We have sectors with 6.42.3 and .6 and they're all working nicely with NV2, but not if I try with version 6.44. All clients are 6.40.9 <--- could this be the culprit or the NV2 protocol in this version is not working as it used to work in 6.42.3?

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Thanks!
Well, this must be of help to Mikrotik. I also still see the same on my last up- and downtime columns in my wAP60G devices. Future times. Before it could be days ahead, now its the proper day, but some hours ahead..... (and yes, timesettings are properly configured. Log and time on header show correct time.)

Made a suppout report on 6.43.8 I believe but indeed not solved yet.....
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:07 pm

Well, would still be nice to see it corrected in a new update since I have it in all my wAP60G's shown in winbox to see when and how many times the links still disconnect.

And "cosmetic"? How is that? We are talking digital here..... "Cosmetic" is when you meet a nice girl in the disco that shows absolutely ugly the next morning when her "cosmetics" are ruined..... :lol: :lol:

Rudy R. Puister

mhugo

Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi,

On CRS317 two SPFs working in previous version is not seen by system anymore.

Yellow bidi is seen for uplink thank god, but blue is not there any more.

/M

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:22 am

NV2 in this release has been improved for mixed networks. But still my Omnitik serves some 14 clients 130% better with 802.11ac rts/cts then NV2.
And this P2MP works in 40Mhz where part of it overlaps other remote AP's. Spectrum is pretty full.

Before the difference between NV2 and 802.11 was almost 200% in favor of the latter.
So improvement for NV2 yes, but still not the same as 802.11.

Rudy R. Puister

Raumaster

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:49 am

"NV2 in this release has been improved for mixed networks."

Please, explain the definition of "mixed networks". As far as I know I can only use NV2 with mikrotik gear.

And what happend to what Mikrotik stated a few month ago when they've released version 6.42.3 saying that now one bad client don't affect the whole sector? I jumped from 6.42.3 to 6.44 and the experience was terrible! In version 6.42.3 everything was in balance, one or two bad signal clients is not affecting the others at lease not in a way clients can tell. I had to downgrade to 6.42.3...

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:23 am

"NV2 in this release has been improved for mixed networks."

Please, explain the definition of "mixed networks". As far as I know I can only use NV2 with mikrotik gear.

And what happend to what Mikrotik stated a few month ago when they've released version 6.42.3 saying that now one bad client don't affect the whole sector? I jumped from 6.42.3 to 6.44 and the experience was terrible! In version 6.42.3 everything was in balance, one or two bad signal clients is not affecting the others at lease not in a way clients can tell. I had to downgrade to 6.42.3...
well, the context was in the sense of mixing "mipsbe" (and "mipsle") devices with "arm" equipped processors where several people seems to have problems with.

Apart from that you are right, in NV2 only mikrotik gear works. But in 802.11 you can also use any other 802.11 brand device.
Another advantage (a bit beside the topic though) is that 802.11 is the only way to ran a frequency band SSID scan (NOT a spectral scan for most devices!) while not breaking the client-AP connection.
That is a real valuable tool in nowadays P2MP networks. (A spectral scan would be preferable though.)

Rudy R. Puister

docmarius
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:20 am

Hmmm, after about one day, on my CCR1009, all static routes configured for connected PPtP and SSTP clients (I have no other types to check) disappeared, and connectivity to the client's subnets was lost.
Disconnecting the clients and allowing them to reconnect restored the routes...
As if those routes somehow expired.
I will keep an eye on it if it happens again...
Torturing CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+, RB450G, RB750GL, RB951G-2HnD, RB960PGS, RB260GSP, OmniTIK 5HnD and NetMetal 922UAGS-5HPacD + R11e-5HnD in my home network.

DummyPLUG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:08 am

But it happen for me even with one winbox instance, I had this problem with 3.17/3.18 and no problem with 3.16

fossy55
just joined

Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:35 pm

*) gps - increase precision for dd format;

Hi, could it be that the calculation from dms-format to dd-format is incorrect ?
For example: in winbox/system/GPS-GUI I switch between dms and dd format.

In dms I get 49 29' 6.954'
when I switch to dd I get 49.004852
in my calculation it should be 49.485265

Is ist my false or is this a wrong calculation....in firmware 6.43.12 there was no problem.
Regards

eworm

Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:09 pm

Hi, could it be that the calculation from dms-format to dd-format is incorrect ?

Is ist my false or is this a wrong calculation....in firmware 6.43.12 there was no problem.
Regards
This has been reported for the beta and rc releases as well. Now idea if Mikrotik is aware, write at support@mikrotik.com to make sure.
Manage RouterOS scripts and extend your devices' functionality: RouterOS Scripts

macgaiver
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:17 pm

speedtest - added "/tool speed-test" for ping latency, jitter, loss and TCP and UDP download, upload speed measurements (CLI only)

This feature is nice indeed!

It wouldn't be me not to ask for more though :D :
- Can the time the test run either be adjusted by administrator of just set longer. In many occasions the connection rates between the client and AP have to step up before a longer lasting level is
reached. The test average is kept low due this.
A full 1 minute test would be preferred, 2 would even be better, admin adjustable would be perfect.....
- Is this going to be implemented in Winbox?
<tab> <tab> after address reveals additional options
 /tool speed-test 
connection-count  do  duration  file  interval  password  test-duration user  address
specify test-duration you can run it for hours.
With great knowledge comes great responsibility, because of ability to recognize id... incompetent people much faster.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Regards
This has been reported for the beta and rc releases as well. Now idea if Mikrotik is aware, write at support@mikrotik.com to make sure.
Fix is in 6.45beta3
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Paternot
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:16 pm

Fix is in 6.45beta3
6.45 beta3 already? Wow, You guys are really cranking up the speed!

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:29 pm

It's like 7.0 beta1 - it's probably here, but you don't see it and cannot upgrade to it xD Sorry...
Russian-speaking forum: https://forum.mikrotik.by/. Welcome!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

MikroTik. Your life. Your routing.

raffav
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:48 pm

It's like 7.0 beta1 - it's probably here, but you don't see it and cannot upgrade to it xD Sorry...

Hahaha You are funny but I have to agree with you

vanikcz
just joined

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:02 pm

since 6.44 IPsec tunnels stop working for me, it says: no identity suits proposal, failed to get valid proposal. Maybe my setup is not the best but until 6.43.12 it was working well.

vanikcz
just joined

Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:54 pm

since 6.44 IPsec tunnels stop working for me, it says: no identity suits proposal, failed to get valid proposal. Maybe my setup is not the best but until 6.43.12 it was working well.
I solved that - in IPsec peer identity there was My ID Type set to address, I switched it do auto and use the router's (internal - its behind nat) IP in other end settings (It is Kerio Control)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:09 pm

loose-tcp-tracking is no longer working!
after upgrade and reboot all existing TCP connections across the router are stuck, and firewall logs "tcp (ACK, PSH)" packets being dropped.
normally, after a router reboot an outgoing TCP packet on an existing connection (no NAT in use!) will re-establish the tracking entry when loose-tcp-tracking is selected (the default).
now all connections need to be re-connected.

new connections are processed correctly, but existing connections are not.

xds
just joined

Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:34 pm

Hello guys, has someone try RADIUS RadSec (RADIUS communication over TLS)?

Because for me this one doesn't work,
I was set all things, that was suggested in wiki, but in .log I see an error when I try to connect to my VPN (IPSec XAuth) and can't connect;

*when I turn off radsec to udp, RADIUS works great!

**in wiki I see just:

***logging (radius, debug)
shows that the 127.0.0.1 try connect to port 2083, then 127.0.0.1 to port 8968

(Mikrotik Support could you be so kind to add 2083 port into WIKI as additional information),
and provide to us info about port 8968, please,
add more info about RadSec, here https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:RADIUS_Client!
Thank you!

Can anyone suggest something/help?

Thank you in advance!

R1CH
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:04 am

https-redirect is not working
You can't redirect HTTPS - the security provided by HTTPS means that unless you control the client devices and can install custom root certs, certificate validation will fail and users will see security errors. Mikrotik of all people should know this... what does this option even try to do?

Raumaster

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:29 am

well, the context was in the sense of mixing "mipsbe" (and "mipsle") devices with "arm" equipped processors where several people seems to have problems with.

Apart from that you are right, in NV2 only mikrotik gear works. But in 802.11 you can also use any other 802.11 brand device.
Another advantage (a bit beside the topic though) is that 802.11 is the only way to ran a frequency band SSID scan (NOT a spectral scan for most devices!) while not breaking the client-AP connection.
That is a real valuable tool in nowadays P2MP networks. (A spectral scan would be preferable though.)
So, these fixes made for improving NV2 with mixed devices has made things worse for those running mipsbe only devices? Because for me it is bad now and I only use mipsbe devices. It now means that I can't upgrade my APs anymore? I'm stuck to 6.42.3 or Mikrotik will do something about it?

I myself would prefer using 802.11 instead of NV2, but in my scenario I find NV2 to be more stable then 802.11, not regarding throughput, but quality in general.

pmuch
just joined

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:17 am

I've upgraded my hAP AC2 and my wireless printer stopped working - I can open printer web page from my computer, but nothing gets printed when my computer is connected to the same network. When I'm outside my network and connect witch OpenVPN to my router - everything gets printed.
And also my TV with chromecast isn't discoverable by Chrome, and TV has full access to Internet.
Downgrade to 6.42.12 solves all the issues.
Pawel

Oscarwug
just joined

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:23 am

Bug in ROS 6.44
[admin@MikroTik] > log print
09:00:29 system,info installed system-6.44
09:00:29 system,info installed advanced-tools-6.44
09:00:29 system,info installed multicast-6.44
09:00:29 system,info installed ntp-6.44
09:00:29 system,info installed routing-6.44
09:00:29 system,error can not install security-6.44: dhcp-6.44 is not installed, but is required

Pea
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:53 am

This is not a bug, it tells you that you must install DHCP package now, read carefully the change list:
*) upgrade - made security package depend on DHCP package

Etz
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:05 am

What is actual dependency behind this?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:21 am

What is actual dependency behind this?

Security package implements IKEv2 (among other things), which may now require DHCP in some configurations. Check this entry in ChangeLog:
*) ike2 - send split networks over DHCP (option 249) to Windows initiators if DHCP Inform is received;

Infra3600
just joined

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:34 am

This night I have updated my Mikrotik 2011UiAS-2HnD to RouterOS 6.44 [Stable].
Several weeks ago, my router was set up with 2 ISPs by this instruction: http://www.vasilevkirill.com/MikroTik/1/
At this time, my router works fine.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:41 am

So, these fixes made for improving NV2 with mixed devices has made things worse for those running mipsbe only devices? Because for me it is bad now and I only use mipsbe devices. It now means that I can't upgrade my APs anymore? I'm stuck to 6.42.3 or Mikrotik will do something about it?

I myself would prefer using 802.11 instead of NV2, but in my scenario I find NV2 to be more stable then 802.11, not regarding throughput, but quality in general.
Where are you getting the information that the upgrade make things worse for mipsbe only devices? Nobody said that. I have full mipsbe P2MP networks too and they run fine after the upgrade. I don't know if NV2 has been improved for them, I run them in 802.11 anyway. But nobody reported so far in full mipsbe networks the new version is worse...

You can just update your networks because there are other improvements as well.

Rudy R. Puister

Raumaster

Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:24 pm

In my network things were running smoothly without complaints from clients, the day after going from 6.42.3 to 6.44 we starded receiving many complaints about slow internet speed. In two sectors we have two clients with signal going from -68 to -72 and these clients were using the Internet without any complaint along with the other ones on the same sector, but right after upgrading to 6.44 these "bad" signal clients and others that never complained about something started calling us saying the internet was slow...My conclusion is, something is not as good as it was on 6.42.3 in NV2 for misbe devices. You were the one that said something was done to improve things for mixed networks so I assumed that these improvements have caused something negative for mipsbe only networks or for them all regarding "bad" signal clients on the sector. Mikrotik had made a promise a few months ago that from that time on bad clients would not affect other clients on the same sector, but it seems this is not true for the newer ROS versions.

tarcisionmjr
just joined

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:20 am

the graphical representation stopped working after the update of crs317-1g-16s + was working normal in version 6.43 but then I did the update to 6.44 and stopped working and a message appeared in the log "timeout while waiting from program 20", I need help...

dadoremix
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:37 am

In my network things were running smoothly without complaints from clients, the day after going from 6.42.3 to 6.44 we starded receiving many complaints about slow internet speed. In two sectors we have two clients with signal going from -68 to -72 and these clients were using the Internet without any complaint along with the other ones on the same sector, but right after upgrading to 6.44 these "bad" signal clients and others that never complained about something started calling us saying the internet was slow...My conclusion is, something is not as good as it was on 6.42.3 in NV2 for misbe devices. You were the one that said something was done to improve things for mixed networks so I assumed that these improvements have caused something negative for mipsbe only networks or for them all regarding "bad" signal clients on the sector. Mikrotik had made a promise a few months ago that from that time on bad clients would not affect other clients on the same sector, but it seems this is not true for the newer ROS versions.

Check country code in ros
And signals
They kill power in some countrys