Community discussions

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Re: v6.44.3 [stable] is released!

Wed May 29, 2019 1:22 am

We are trying to upgrade to 6.44.3 from 6.29. I can download the file and it is in the files window. It will not install. I have tried to reboot 5 or 6 times and still nothing. Any advice?
Look at the log. It should tell you why. Usually, you've chosen files for the wrong architecture.

Sent from my cell phone. Sorry for the errors.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 29, 2019 10:11 am

We are trying to upgrade to 6.44.3 from 6.29. I can download the file and it is in the files window. It will not install. I have tried to reboot 5 or 6 times and still nothing. Any advice?
That is not advisable! You have not updated for so many years that it cannot be expected to be a smooth process.
It is better to investigate what is configured, make a /export so you have complete notes, and then netinstall the new version and start from scratch.

Kindis
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 29, 2019 1:40 pm

That is not advisable! You have not updated for so many years that it cannot be expected to be a smooth process.
It is better to investigate what is configured, make a /export so you have complete notes, and then netinstall the new version and start from scratch.
I would say the same but if they want to try it out (make propper backup and export before attempting) test the following upgrade patch

I'm not saying this will work without issues but will give you a better odds at making it :-)

mlenhart
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed May 29, 2019 9:58 pm

BUG REPORT

Hello,

I would like to report a wrong Last Link Down Time showed in Winbox.
This issue has been seen on WW Dish, and hAP AC.
Time is in future, which is impossible.
Please see attached screenshot: https://paste.pics/5OJ84

Thulgar
just joined

Thu May 30, 2019 8:54 am

BUG REPORT

Hello,

You didn't show the time in winbox (next to the Uptime). Your MK probably has wrong time settings.

mlenhart
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri May 31, 2019 9:10 am

BUG REPORT

Hello,

You didn't show the time in winbox (next to the Uptime). Your MK probably has wrong time settings.
Will this convince you it´s a bug ?
2nd hAP ac - 6_44_3.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 31, 2019 11:13 am

That wrong time is a "known problem" that was introduced several versions ago, not with this version.
It likely is already on the list of things to fix.

Cha0s
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri May 31, 2019 12:45 pm

That wrong time is a "known problem" that was introduced several versions ago, not with this version.
It likely is already on the list of things to fix.
Also I believe it's a winbox bug and not a ROS bug. CLI shows the correct times.
IIRC deleting the session on winbox also shows the correct times (until the next login using a previous session).

amojak
just joined

Fri May 31, 2019 2:38 pm

hi,

no mention of a recent routing bug we have experienced. Simple static routes stop working, to restore them you disable/re-enable them. Had this happen twice on two routers with 6.44.1 on them.

One occurred after a power cycle, the other for no apparent reason at all.

Has the dev team come across this at all ?

Thanks

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri May 31, 2019 7:18 pm

no mention of a recent routing bug we have experienced. Simple static routes stop working, to restore them you disable/re-enable them. Had this happen twice on two routers with 6.44.1 on them.
Never seen that, likely there are more circumstances particular to your installation.
You should provide a supout.rif to support in such cases.

o4korez
just joined

Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi,

I know this is not critical, but wanted to know the reason for this change, since it was a good visual aid:

*) rb2011 - removed "sfp-led" from "System/LEDs" menu;

Thanks!
+, removed a very useful feature. wonder why

Beone
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:27 am

Hi,

we are awaiting solution/response from helpdesk team already since march 2019.

[Ticket#2019030922002071] CAP not correctly forwarding tagged vlan traffic towards wired network

Quite often, the CAPs arent forwarding DHCP offers anymore towards the clients, resulting in loss of network connectivity.
Just a reprovision resolves this for awhile until it happens again...

We see this in 6.42.x, 6.43.x and even 6.43.x

We have sent multiple debug traces to support without any feedback except with "upgrade to 6.44.3" and as we can confirm, also that release is broken.

I'm pretty sure it has todo with new bridging implementation as 6.39.3 doesn't have this issue. (however most recent delivered devices cannot be downgraded to that release anymore).

Can you please look at this case which impacts/involves more then 5000 access-points

anuser

Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:37 pm

[Ticket#2019030922002071] CAP not correctly forwarding tagged vlan traffic towards wired network
Interesting, let´s quote myself:
I´m currently "watching" an Apple client (C8:3C:85:33:B3:10). The phone connects itself automatically to one specific cAP ac. What can I see repeatedly:

- The client connects to wifi successfully
- The DHCP server shows the MAC of the client. Within "DHCP Lease" windows I can see the status which is "offered".
- "Expires After" is couting down from 00:00:31 seconds to 0.
- Inbetween that time frame the client disconnects and reconnects.
- For some few seconds (~5), within the "DHCP Lease" window, it shows "bound"
- After that it changes from "bound" to "DHCP Lease" again.
- The whole process repeats now for over 10 minutes while writing this message.

Looking at the "DHCP Server" => "Leases" window and sort it by "offered status", I currently see the about 8 "...iPhone" with the same behaviour, i.e. they reoccur within the list saying "offered" over and over. Those iPhone don´t use the same access point as the Apple device above, but also some other cAP ac running 6.44.3 code.

Update 1:
- Within "DHCP Lease" windows activated "Make Static" => No change
- Within static DHCP lease windows: I changed step by step: "Lease Time", hit "Usr Src. MAC Address", changed "Insert Queue Before" to bottom => No change
Update 2:
- I downgraded another cAP ac to 6.43.16 which is next to the cAP ac from above and deacitvated both radios on the the cAP ac with version 6.44.3 => the Apple client connected to the cAP ac with 6.43.16, the status within "DHCP lease" is now on bound for over 20 minutes.
- I deactivated both radios one cAP ac mentioned above
Update 3:
The client changed the building. It is now on another cAP ac with 6.44.3. The client obviously works and is producing traffic.
=> I have 2 CCR1036 running with CAPSMAN forwarding mode. I have >200 cAP ac / wAP ac / ... on each CCR. I don´t know how many times I changed settings for VLAN, bridges, MTUs. I have one CCR + cAP running 6.43.16 completely, the other CCR + cAP are running 6.44.3. The "solution" I mentioned above wasn´t one. Still the same problem. I´m looking for a solution, too.

redbullsteve
just joined

Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:20 pm

Interesting, let´s quote myself:
I´m currently "watching" an Apple client (C8:3C:85:33:B3:10). The phone connects itself automatically to one specific cAP ac. What can I see repeatedly:

- The client connects to wifi successfully
- The DHCP server shows the MAC of the client. Within "DHCP Lease" windows I can see the status which is "offered".
- "Expires After" is couting down from 00:00:31 seconds to 0.
- Inbetween that time frame the client disconnects and reconnects.
- For some few seconds (~5), within the "DHCP Lease" window, it shows "bound"
- After that it changes from "bound" to "DHCP Lease" again.
- The whole process repeats now for over 10 minutes while writing this message.

Looking at the "DHCP Server" => "Leases" window and sort it by "offered status", I currently see the about 8 "...iPhone" with the same behaviour, i.e. they reoccur within the list saying "offered" over and over. Those iPhone don´t use the same access point as the Apple device above, but also some other cAP ac running 6.44.3 code.

Update 1:
- Within "DHCP Lease" windows activated "Make Static" => No change
- Within static DHCP lease windows: I changed step by step: "Lease Time", hit "Usr Src. MAC Address", changed "Insert Queue Before" to bottom => No change
Update 2:
- I downgraded another cAP ac to 6.43.16 which is next to the cAP ac from above and deacitvated both radios on the the cAP ac with version 6.44.3 => the Apple client connected to the cAP ac with 6.43.16, the status within "DHCP lease" is now on bound for over 20 minutes.
- I deactivated both radios one cAP ac mentioned above
Update 3:
The client changed the building. It is now on another cAP ac with 6.44.3. The client obviously works and is producing traffic.
=> I have 2 CCR1036 running with CAPSMAN forwarding mode. I have >200 cAP ac / wAP ac / ... on each CCR. I don´t know how many times I changed settings for VLAN, bridges, MTUs. I have one CCR + cAP running 6.43.16 completely, the other CCR + cAP are running 6.44.3. The "solution" I mentioned above wasn´t one. Still the same problem. I´m looking for a solution, too.
Glad it is not just me, I have the same issue effecting 1000's of units, if you disable the CAP and enable everything works again for a period of time and stops again.

I have raised tickets with support to get Zero reply so a reply saying upgrade is further than I have got. I hope this gets resolved soon as its been going on for months.

Beone
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:01 am

Glad it is not just me, I have the same issue effecting 1000's of units, if you disable the CAP and enable everything works again for a period of time and stops again.

I have raised tickets with support to get Zero reply so a reply saying upgrade is further than I have got. I hope this gets resolved soon as its been going on for months.

Zero reply from support except upgrade to XXX (having same issues), provided them full packet capture and supouts when its happening showing the DHCP offer gets up to the LAN uplink on the CAP but isnt forwarded to the wireless client.

anuser

Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:30 pm

How many times a day do you provision your cAP devices?

whatever
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:20 pm

Zero reply from support except upgrade to XXX (having same issues), provided them full packet capture and supouts when its happening showing the DHCP offer gets up to the LAN uplink on the CAP but isnt forwarded to the wireless client.
Did you try setting multicast helper to full? This fixed some LAN to WiFi problems I was experiencing..

anuser

Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:35 am

Did you try setting multicast helper to full? This fixed some LAN to WiFi problems I was experiencing..
I have multicast helper activated since I needed IPv6 for CAPSMAN forwarding. This doesn´t fix the problem with "dhcp offering lease...for...without success"

djerodrigues
just joined

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:35 pm

HI all!

I have some PWR-LINE AP units, and upgraded to v6.44.3.

Issues:
- There is no PWR-LINE interface in the terminal / command line !!!
Can't configure or check configuration/status (done with WinBox)

- When setting "PLC CCO Selection Mode", it will always show as "auto".

- When setting "Network Key" or "Network Password", it will always show as empty.

- Can't downgrade at Winbox with "Downgrade" button. At command line it works fine.

Tks...

oldcrow
just joined

Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:03 am

Hi all

upgraded to hAP ac2 to 6.44.3(stabe) and it does not remember which ethernet is attached to WAN/LAN on restarts, Defaults back to ether1 (POE in port so not available for internet modem). Addresses and routes similarly default to ether1 on reboot.

cheers
chris

oldcrow
just joined

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:46 am

Hi all

mea culpa as per usual. turns out seeing 0.0.0.0/0 and changing it to fixed ip in QuickSet not a great idea. It is what changed ether1 back to being WAN port. My apologies for not picking up my error.

regards
Oldcrow

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:51 am

Ah, the usual problem with QuickSet...
It has been requested many times to have some feature to make QuickSet readonly (either manually or even automatically after changes outside QuickSet have been made) but it is not picked up by MikroTik.
Now, QuickSet remains a ticking timebomb in routers with non-default configuration...