[Ticket#2019030922002071] CAP not correctly forwarding tagged vlan traffic towards wired network
Interesting, let´s quote myself:
I´m currently "watching" an Apple client (C8:3C:85:33:B3:10). The phone connects itself automatically to one specific cAP ac. What can I see repeatedly:
- The client connects to wifi successfully
- The DHCP server shows the MAC of the client. Within "DHCP Lease" windows I can see the status which is "offered".
- "Expires After" is couting down from 00:00:31 seconds to 0.
- Inbetween that time frame the client disconnects and reconnects.
- For some few seconds (~5), within the "DHCP Lease" window, it shows "bound"
- After that it changes from "bound" to "DHCP Lease" again.
- The whole process repeats now for over 10 minutes while writing this message.
Looking at the "DHCP Server" => "Leases" window and sort it by "offered status", I currently see the about 8 "...iPhone" with the same behaviour, i.e. they reoccur within the list saying "offered" over and over. Those iPhone don´t use the same access point as the Apple device above, but also some other cAP ac running 6.44.3 code.
- Within "DHCP Lease" windows activated "Make Static" => No change
- Within static DHCP lease windows: I changed step by step: "Lease Time", hit "Usr Src. MAC Address", changed "Insert Queue Before" to bottom => No change
- I downgraded another cAP ac to 6.43.16 which is next to the cAP ac from above and deacitvated both radios on the the cAP ac with version 6.44.3 => the Apple client connected to the cAP ac with 6.43.16, the status within "DHCP lease" is now on bound for over 20 minutes.
- I deactivated both radios one cAP ac mentioned above
The client changed the building. It is now on another cAP ac with 6.44.3. The client obviously works and is producing traffic.
=> I have 2 CCR1036 running with CAPSMAN forwarding mode. I have >200 cAP ac / wAP ac / ... on each CCR. I don´t know how many times I changed settings for VLAN, bridges, MTUs. I have one CCR + cAP running 6.43.16 completely, the other CCR + cAP are running 6.44.3. The "solution" I mentioned above wasn´t one. Still the same problem. I´m looking for a solution, too.