Community discussions

MikroTik App

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

v6.45.2 [stable] is released!

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:12 pm

RouterOS version 6.45.2 has been released in public "stable" channel!

Before an upgrade:
1) Remember to make backup/export files before an upgrade and save them on another storage device;
2) Make sure the device will not lose power during upgrade process;
3) Device has enough free storage space for all RouterOS packages to be downloaded.

What's new in 6.45.2 (2019-Jul-17 10:04):

Important note!!!
Due to removal of compatibility with old version passwords in this version, downgrading to any version prior to v6.43 (v6.42.12 and older) will clear all user passwords and allow password-less authentication. Please secure your router after downgrading.
Old API authentication method will also no longer work, see documentation for new login procedure:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:API#Initial_login

Changes in this release:

*) bonding - fixed bonding running status after reboot when using other bonds as slave interfaces (introduced in v6.45);
*) cloud - properly stop "time-zone-autodetect" after disable;
*) interface - fixed missing PWR-LINE section on PL7411-2nD and PL6411-2nD (introduced v6.44);
*) ipsec - added "connection-mark" parameter for mode-config initiator;
*) ipsec - allow peer argument only for "encrypt" policies (introduced in v6.45);
*) ipsec - fixed peer configuration migration from versions older than v6.43 (introduced in v6.45);
*) ipsec - improved stability for peer initialization (introduced in v6.45);
*) ipsec - show warning for policies with "unknown" peer;
*) ospf - fixed possible busy loop condition when accessing OSPF LSAs;
*) profile - added "internet-detect" process classificator;
*) radius - fixed "User-Password" encoding (introduced in v6.45);
*) ssh - do not enable "none-crypto" if "strong-crypto" is enabled on upgrade (introduced in v6.45);
*) ssh - fixed executed command output printing (introduced in v6.45);
*) supout - fixed supout file generation outside of internal storage with insufficient space;
*) upgrade - fixed "auto-upgrade" to use new style authentication (introduced in v6.45);
*) vlan - fixed "slave" flag for non-running interfaces (introduced in v6.45);
*) wireless - improved 802.11ac stability for all ARM devices with wireless;
*) wireless - improved range selection when distance set to "dynamic";

To upgrade, click "Check for updates" at /system package in your RouterOS configuration interface, or head to our download page: http://www.mikrotik.com/download

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as suspected or after some problem has appeared on device

Please keep this forum topic strictly related to this particular RouterOS release.

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: v6.45.2 [stable] is released!

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:40 pm

Did I miss something? What was going wrong with cAP ac before this? Can you please give some details, please? Also, will it be backported to long term release?

Kindis

Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:55 pm

Did I miss something? What was going wrong with cAP ac before this? Can you please give some details, please? Also, will it be backported to long term release?
I'm willing to bet that this is mostly related to wireless and 4011.

osc86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:09 pm

SNMPv3 still broken in The DUDE....

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi,
Does GRE invalid packet mark still exist in this release?

alibloke
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:41 pm

Upgraded my RB4011 (non wireless) and my fibre SFP stopped working. It's not even recognised.

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm

Upgraded my RB4011 (non wireless) and my fibre SFP stopped working. It's not even recognised.
Yes, broken SFP !!!!, rechecked all the modules that I have.

what solution is there? I put the beta. What happened to the SFP port there?

skylark
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Yes, something is not quite right with the SFP+ interface on RB4011, we will look forward to fixing it asap!

TimurA
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm

Yes, something is not quite right with the SFP+ interface on RB4011, we will look forward to fixing it asap!
thanks a lot, we'll wait.

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:21 pm

thanks a lot, we'll wait.
Sorry for flood... but GRE-problem is important too...

R1CH
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:24 pm

How did this happen? There is nothing related to SFP in the changelog and this is supposed to be a "stable" release. If there was something, anything changed related to SFP, then it needs to go in the changelog so admins can decide with full information if they want to do the upgrade.

spacex
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:29 pm

SNMPv3 still broken in The DUDE....
Omg. I've seen you fixed the beta, and it still doesn't work?

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Often there are small changes/adjustments/refactoring in the code that does not (should not) change any functionality, but unfortunately some issues may be introduced in such way. We will resolve the RB4011 SFP+ interface issue in the next stable build. I apologize for any inconvenience.

As for SNMPv3 and GRE issues. We are aware of these issues and are working on resolving them. However we much rather release a quicker update with fewer bug fixes which may help other users than waiting longer for issues that takes longer to fix.

pekr
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Just bricked one of our CRS switches, connected via SFP to CCR. It was a testing one, but we still need to visit the site. How could SFP support get broken, if there are no SFP related changes? I expect fix to be released asap, not just in a mysterious stable release sometimes in the future?

osc86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Just bricked one of our CRS switches, connected via SFP to CCR. It was a testing one, but we still need to visit the site. How could SFP support get broken, if there are no SFP related changes? I expect fix to be released asap, not just in a mysterious stable release sometimes in the future?
seems not only RB4011 is affected,,
SFP on CCR1009 still works fine

danieltecnet
just joined
Location: https://www.google.com.br/maps/@-4.9872 ... 128006,16z

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:26 pm

this version has nothing stable even after updating ipv6 died! I had to go back to version 6.44.5 for ipv6 to work again

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:54 pm

Often there are small changes/adjustments/refactoring in the code that does not (should not) change any functionality, but unfortunately some issues may be introduced in such way. We will resolve the RB4011 SFP+ interface issue in the next stable build. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Now that you know, it would be a good idea to put a line in the changelog:
Known bug: SFP problem with 4011. We do not recommend upgrading

Many people will upgrade over the weekend and save a lot of trouble... :) Thanks

dnordenberg
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Hi!
Continuing here since 6.45.1 topic is now locked. A few days ago I updated two RB450G from 6.42, one to 6.45.1 and one to 6.44.5. Both seemed to work fine at that time. I logged into them after upgrade and everthing worked. Now a few days later I was at the site again, now winbox ses only the 6.44.5 unit on the network. I know it is working since the PPP server running on it still works but ability to administrate it is gone, just like the fenomenon with the RB960PGS-PB I wrote about earlier in the 6.45.1 thread. I see no mention about something like this is fixed in 6.45.2 :(
Common to the first unit I wrote about is that they also contain a single bridge1 with all ports. Ip is set on bridge interface so almost the same config.

Kind regards
David

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:41 pm

[
Changes in this release:

*) bonding - fixed bonding running status after reboot when using other bonds as slave interfaces (introduced in v6.45);
*) interface - fixed missing PWR-LINE section on PL7411-2nD and PL6411-2nD (introduced v6.44);
*) ipsec - allow peer argument only for "encrypt" policies (introduced in v6.45);
*) ipsec - fixed peer configuration migration from versions older than v6.43 (introduced in v6.45);
*) ssh - do not enable "none-crypto" if "strong-crypto" is enabled on upgrade (introduced in v6.45);
*) upgrade - fixed "auto-upgrade" to use new style authentication (introduced in v6.45);
9, nine errors introduced in a new version from previous version. Possible more.
Maybe there should be a better quality control?

I will wait for 6.45.8 before i dear to upgrade...

HZsolt

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:49 pm

Two RB2011 router with SFP module after upgrade (ROS and firmware) work well!

twingman
just joined

Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:53 pm

Please, can you write something concrete about this? I look on the manual and there is nothing about it. I have problem with bad policies generated from mode config (something like in 6.45.1 thread - client policy is generated with bad src-address, from other mode-config), so I need to know if there are some configuration changes needed.

Thank you.

WebLuke
just joined

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:00 pm

Nice to see I am not the only one with the SFP problems on RB4100. But there is not even an attempt to fix the VPN issues everyone is still having, there was never a clear way to fix that in the v6.45.1 thread, and MT needs to have those settings in the Quick Set "VPN Access" checkbox setup, because the default still has broken VPN.

The Stable Channel is definitely not living up to its name, I do like that I see MT doing more active development recently, but we can't have key hardware go down when there is a security patch on the "Stable" channel.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 pm

"Stable" ? More like "Totally untested".
Glad I checked the thread before updating RB4011, I would have lost remote access by doing that.

This really raises the questions... do Mikrotik actually test the release version in their lab before releasing it? If it was some exotic bug that happens when running VPN over MPLS with some weird firewall settings, I would understand how that might be overlooked. But making SFP slot on your flagship router not work at all... do they have at least one RB4011 connected using SFP+ slot for testing? It's one of the most important features, reason why people buy that hardware.
At least put the warning at the begging of the changelog, so it's displayed in winbox, warning users of RB4011 not to upgrade. Or just pull this version completely, or at least for RB4011.

Perfect timing for a weekend, to spend it listening to angry customer calls...

Simono

Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:32 pm

I can not upgrade hAP lite - not enough space.

UMarcus
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:17 pm

Same for me :(

Wolfraider
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 pm

We have not had any trouble in the last several releases until 6.45. We always watch the forum to see any issues that other people have before updating. I think the issue is coming from that they tried to push the 6.45.1 release out quickly cause of the cve and then tried to push this one out quickly to fix some of the issues. I think since we had a good run that we was bound to run into a bad firmware or 2 sometime. I want to thank everyone working on the patches and to keep up the good work. Mistakes and issues are bound to slip through. Internal testing can only catch so much. That's why we're need to test before blindly installing the firmware ourselves too.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 pm

Please, can you write something concrete about this? I look on the manual and there is nothing about it. I have problem with bad policies generated from mode config (something like in 6.45.1 thread - client policy is generated with bad src-address, from other mode-config), so I need to know if there are some configuration changes needed.

Thank you.
For "connection-mark" parameter for mode-config initiator see:
IKEv2 EAP between NordVPN and RouterOS - Option 2: Accessing certain addresses over the tunnel

The stability fix addresses an issue where the IPSec subsystem crashes.

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:35 pm

But there is not even an attempt to fix the VPN issues everyone is still having, there was never a clear way to fix that in the v6.45.1 thread, and MT needs to have those settings in the Quick Set "VPN Access" checkbox setup, because the default still has broken VPN.
I reported issues with IPSec and version 6.45.1. After all it looks like initiator device with old version caused this. Now that all devices have been updated I see no more issues.

UMarcus
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:35 pm

May you could give a little more details here ? :-)
Anyhow I got the feeling that more of my devices connected to the 5GHz Band instead of 2.4GHz.
So I love the improvements. Thanks for that ! :-)
Last edited by UMarcus on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UMarcus
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Double post.
Sorry :D

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 pm

Clean install hAP lite.
ERROR: not enough disk space, 7.4MiB is required and only 7.4MiB free

Edit: Did have some backup files, removed upgrade OK

Edit2: After upgrade, no information about upgrade in the log, no information that router reboots. I think this is a more general problem than 6.45.2.

icosasupport

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:38 am

Dear Mikrotik,

When are you going to start testing your releases? I'm guessing never, since that would be a huge workflow change internally.
When I see this in the patch notes "*) ospf - fixed possible busy loop condition when accessing OSPF LSAs;" and my routers are experiencing that problem, I wonder how fixing unrelated issues to this causes this to break. So I update to 6.45.2 because the "STABLE 6.45.1" wasn't really stable after all, so is that a term Mikrotik just throws around to sound cool around the water cooler?
Now after I update to 6.45.2 stable, (ha ha the jokes on me!) I've had a kernel panic reboot one of my CCR-1072's. The watchdog did one, with no supout file and then a second one appears to be a kernel panic with no logs. At what point do I start to say to myself and peers; Mikrotik is screwed, they can't test their patches, stable releases are a lie, whats the product I should be looking at to replace this fiasco? I also will need to ask when are the Tilera units (CCR series) going to be extinct, since it seems all of this is most likely related to the 10 year old linux kernel that keeps trying to get patched.

I see that others are questioning this as well with the SPF problem and undoubtedly more issues.
Now if the scripted response is to send a suport.rif to the support email that's just a joke right? Since most everyone knows that it's just a black-hole that never sees any light.

I just need to feel comfortable then if I use a "stable" release that it's actually that, stable. So far this has been bullshit ever since 6.44! And it wouldn't be so bad if the patch notes weren't just a passing statement, like we all should have know that the bug was there and Mikrotik is just reiterating it. I realize that my opinion here will never amount to anything that looks like real change in the Mikrotik camp, it''s more for posterity and other users who may just want to know how the company they used to trust is operated now.

acruhl

Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:11 am

I've got a hAP-lite and hAP-mini in a test setup for OSPF routing, neither will upgrade. I deleted all files in the "Files" menu entry and it still won't upgrade. I rebooted them, still won't upgrade. The error is "not enough space". Maybe this is the end of the line for lower end devices?

I'd rather not wipe out the configs and do some kind of clean install if at all possible.

just joined

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:28 am

updated CRS106-1C-5S with SFP modules and RB960PGS with SFP modules without problems.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 am

I've got a hAP-lite and hAP-mini in a test setup for OSPF routing, neither will upgrade. I deleted all files in the "Files" menu entry and it still won't upgrade. I rebooted them, still won't upgrade. The error is "not enough space". Maybe this is the end of the line for lower end devices?

I'd rather not wipe out the configs and do some kind of clean install if at all possible.
Perhaps before the wipe out you can try and uninstall unwanted packages to free more space.If that does not work either then you could also try a factory defaults and then upgrade as this will wipe out a few things.

mhugo
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:32 am

Upgraded from 6.44.5 to 6.45.2 and now I cannot login to the CRS317 using ROMON since it suddenly sees no neighbours and OSPF doesent find a neighbour. Downgrade to 6.44.5 solves this, but not the autonegotiation issue we have on 317s with 1 gig SFPs that was introduced in 6.43 when Mikrotik implemented new autonegotiation module for SFPs.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:35 am

Hi,

Are there any plans to check/fix the half duplex ethernet issue in v6.45? I keep on getting this message in a CRS326 switch.

ether16 excessive or late collision, link duplex mismatch?

This happens in half duplex ethernet interface and there is no mismatch according to config as I have forced the interface to half duplex mode. Forced or not forced to half duplex, the switch always reports this as a duplex mismatch as if it were set to full duplex and it seems like full-duplex=no has no effect at all.

/interface ethernet
set [ find default-name=ether16 ] full-duplex=no speed=10Mbps

Same interface some random times, usually once maybe twice a week, stops from responding and I have to disable and enable it from CLI or winbox to recover functionality again [Ticket#2018122022004844].

Lefteris

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Not make releases at the end of the week as most people do like their weekend too.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:52 pm

I've got a hAP-lite and hAP-mini in a test setup for OSPF routing, neither will upgrade.
hAP's need quite some free RAM, they download upgrade packages to RAM disk. I fear that devices with tiny 32MB RAMs are on their edge if you run OSPF ... as it needs some RAM to contain routing tables. Same problem with long dynamic address lists (e.g. for blacklisting certain clients) etc.

ofer
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Upgraded 3xHapAC and 3xHapAC-lite all without issues.
Thanks!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Small changes/adjustments/refactoring should go in the beta release of the next version to be tested, while the early versions of the stable build are fixed to solve the issues not found in beta testing.
Once the stable build is again stable, you can backport some useful changes in the beta that have proven to work there, and that would be useful to have in the stable release.
Especially when you release a .2 to fix urgent problems in the .1 (and not even all of them), it is not a good idea to make "small changes" that are not relevant to that process.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Running OSPF may be beyond what can be expected from them without encountering some issues...
I assume you already use separate packages so you can remove what you do not need.
My hAP-lite still updates but I have converted it to separate packages some time ago and removed things I do not need, and I try the upgrade just after boot.
When desperate, you can /export or even backup the config and re-install it using netinstall (take the opportunity to use separate instead of combined package) and reload the configuration.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Sysadmins that know Mikrotik well also know not to update anything for a few days after release or to do updates on non-critical test HW first.
It's always nice to see a new release, but then I always have to check the forum to see how broken it actually is... that's the reality.
But Mikrotik is also releasing SOHO targeted hardware and you have to think about people that update their routers using TikApp from their phones.
Stable new firmware version is available? Must be good to update... automatically clicks OK.... and if they have RB4011 and use SFP for WAN, all connectivity is lost.
Doing neinstall is then major hassle and this will be really negative experience for them...

I think main issue here is simply naming of the release channels:
"Testing"
"Stable"
"Long term"
It would be good to create "Stable candidate" channel that will have current "Stable" releases. After a few days, if there are no issues, same release would be pushed on "Stable" channel.
In most cases serious bugs are discovered in matter of days. Just slight delay is all that's needed. And if bug would be discovered in "Stable candidate" version, it would simply not be put to "Stable" channel at all, skipping it.
This would prevent most of the issues. And no, using "long term" channel is simply not a same solution. Longterm is to far behind, using it on for example wireless wire (and 60GHz in general) is just bad.

buset1974
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:54 pm

Cannot upgrade HAP lite series

thx

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm

Sysadmins that know Mikrotik well also know not to update anything for a few days after release or to do updates on non-critical test HW first.
It's always nice to see a new release, but then I always have to check the forum to see how broken it actually is... that's the reality.
But Mikrotik is also releasing SOHO targeted hardware and you have to think about people that update their routers using TikApp from their phones.

Sysadmins that know Mikrotik well don't post such articles not to discourage other people to upgrade and post their horror stories. It is, after all, very wise to learn from other people's mistakes but for that one has to let other to make mistkaes :wink:

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:58 pm

Cannot upgrade HAP lite series

Did you bother to scan through even this topic? It's been mentioned many times that hAP lite devices have low amount RAM and flash and sadly some steps have to be taken to get them to upgrade.

buset1974
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Dear Mikrotik,

When are you going to start testing your releases? I'm guessing never, since that would be a huge workflow change internally.
When I see this in the patch notes "*) ospf - fixed possible busy loop condition when accessing OSPF LSAs;" and my routers are experiencing that problem, I wonder how fixing unrelated issues to this causes this to break. So I update to 6.45.2 because the "STABLE 6.45.1" wasn't really stable after all, so is that a term Mikrotik just throws around to sound cool around the water cooler?
Now after I update to 6.45.2 stable, (ha ha the jokes on me!) I've had a kernel panic reboot one of my CCR-1072's. The watchdog did one, with no supout file and then a second one appears to be a kernel panic with no logs. At what point do I start to say to myself and peers; Mikrotik is screwed, they can't test their patches, stable releases are a lie, whats the product I should be looking at to replace this fiasco? I also will need to ask when are the Tilera units (CCR series) going to be extinct, since it seems all of this is most likely related to the 10 year old linux kernel that keeps trying to get patched.

I see that others are questioning this as well with the SPF problem and undoubtedly more issues.
Now if the scripted response is to send a suport.rif to the support email that's just a joke right? Since most everyone knows that it's just a black-hole that never sees any light.

I just need to feel comfortable then if I use a "stable" release that it's actually that, stable. So far this has been bullshit ever since 6.44! And it wouldn't be so bad if the patch notes weren't just a passing statement, like we all should have know that the bug was there and Mikrotik is just reiterating it. I realize that my opinion here will never amount to anything that looks like real change in the Mikrotik camp, it''s more for posterity and other users who may just want to know how the company they used to trust is operated now.
thank's god, i have not upgrade my 1072 yet.
i also having rebooted by watchdog on 1072 with 6.45.1, i have reported and no news after it.
now i am using 6.44.3 everything run fine and not having rebooted by watchdog yet

thx

sterod
just joined

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:08 pm

I got around it by manually updating only selected packages, rather than the whole package. Basically I downloaded the SMIPS Extra Packages ZIP file on my PC, extracted it and then only uploaded the packages I actually needed to the device, which were System, Security, DHCP and Wireless, nothing else.

https://blog.pessoft.com/2019/03/02/mik ... sk-device/

buset1974
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:23 pm

I got around it by manually updating only selected packages, rather than the whole package. Basically I downloaded the SMIPS Extra Packages ZIP file on my PC, extracted it and then only uploaded the packages I actually needed to the device, which were System, Security, DHCP and Wireless, nothing else.

https://blog.pessoft.com/2019/03/02/mik ... sk-device/
thank's for the tips

DanchoDimitrov
just joined

Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:00 pm

hAP AC2 at AC 80MHZ XXXX stuck at detecting radar, 40 seems to work.
Issue not present on older 6.44.5 long term.
Issue from the previous stable build with high ping over 5g wifi is fixed.
Tell me if u need more info.
Can we just copy and paste whatever is in 6.44.5 for the wifi and dump it in 6.45.3?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vvchumanov
just joined

Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:49 pm

#WFT 6.45.2 in rb4001 trouble SFP ports in rb2001 it's work normal !!
what need to bug's ???

acruhl

Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:07 am

Running OSPF may be beyond what can be expected from them without encountering some issues...
I assume you already use separate packages so you can remove what you do not need.
My hAP-lite still updates but I have converted it to separate packages some time ago and removed things I do not need, and I try the upgrade just after boot.
When desperate, you can /export or even backup the config and re-install it using netinstall (take the opportunity to use separate instead of combined package) and reload the configuration.
How do I convert it to "separate packages"? I'm not finding that information. I'm trying to remove packages now but the error is "can not uninstall bundled package". I assume this is what you mean by separate packages?

sterod
just joined

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:29 am

How do I convert it to "separate packages"? I'm not finding that information. I'm trying to remove packages now but the error is "can not uninstall bundled package". I assume this is what you mean by separate packages?
I explained how to do this in post #48

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:51 am

none of my hap lite can upgrade. not enough space: 1x 6.43.16 , 1x 6.45.1
after upgrading my CRS326 there are only 2MB left. Mmmh now im stuck.

Does anybody know of a "/system reset-configuration" would clean up the space issue or do i need to go via netboot ?
Edit: Just saw posting #48. Will try it this way first.

I have the feeling that testing is no longer in the view of the release team.
[admin@CRS326] > /system resource print
                   uptime: 22m24s
                  version: 6.45.2 (stable)
               build-time: Jul/17/2019 10:04:19
         factory-software: 6.41
              free-memory: 484.8MiB
             total-memory: 512.0MiB
                      cpu: ARMv7
                cpu-count: 1
            cpu-frequency: 800MHz
                 cpu-load: 0%
           free-hdd-space: 2120.0KiB
          total-hdd-space: 16.0MiB
  write-sect-since-reboot: 1119
         write-sect-total: 83066
               bad-blocks: 0%
        architecture-name: arm
               board-name: CRS326-24G-2S+
                 platform: MikroTik
[admin@CRS326] > /file print
 # NAME                   TYPE                        SIZE CREATION-TIME
 0 flash                  disk                             jan/01/1970 02:00:26
 1 flash/skins            directory                        jan/01/1970 02:00:23
 2 flash/pub              directory                        jun/12/2019 05:29:11
[admin@CRS326] >

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:18 pm

Just wanted to confirm that posting #48 seems to work. At least one of the hAP lite . But it is more or less package by package.

i was only able to put 2 packages initially on the the device.
I started with system and routing.
But placing now the additional packages on the system didnt install them.
Even just placing one package didnt help.

mmmh.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:32 pm

Did you not read the error log which should have told you about the dependency of one of the other packages on the dhcp package?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Did you reboot device after uploading additional .npk's? What does log contain about it?

BTW, security requires DHCP package ....

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:39 pm

Hi
the trick was to switch back afterwards to long-term. (6.44.5) which means winbox i only had system and routing installed.
add the packages i need (wireless, advanced, security, dhcp)
and then made an upgrade to stable.

This is a pain in the ...

Now im back with 7.9MiB free space.

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Did you reboot device after uploading additional .npk's? What does log contain about it?

Hi
yes after you write this i remember that DHCP and security are now dependant. So i might be that the way i described in the other post is not necessary. Let me try this with the second hap left on my to do list.

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi
yes after you write this i remember that DHCP and security are now dependant. So i might be that the way i described in the other post is not necessary. Let me try this with the second hap left on my to do list.
Hi
Ok this path works. Just have a look on the picture. Then doing a reboot brings your hAP lite on 6.45.2.
Benefit of this action is also that any later upgrade will not download and install packages I anyhow dont need or use.
[admin@haplite1] > /log print without-paging 
11:44:51 system,info installed system-6.45.2 
11:44:51 system,info installed routing-6.45.2 
11:44:51 system,info installed dhcp-6.45.2 
11:44:51 system,info installed security-6.45.2 
11:44:51 system,info installed wireless@-6.45.2 
11:44:51 system,info installed advanced-tools-6.45.2 
11:44:52 system,info,critical Firmware upgraded successfull
anges to take effect! 
11:44:53 system,info router firmware has been automatically
11:44:53 system,info please reboot router to run new firmwa
11:44:53 system,info router rebooted 
Hope this helps other also.

Nevertheless the issue i have with the CRS 326 (only 2MB left from 16MB) is not solved with this workaround.

acruhl

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:12 pm

I explained how to do this in post #48
There's not enough information. I don't see where to download a zip file, only an npk file. I don't use Windows so I don't use winbox, which is how I assume you can upgrade individual packages? I don't see a way to do it on the command line.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:21 pm

I don't see where to download a zip file, only an npk file. I don't use Windows so I don't use winbox, which is how I assume you can upgrade individual packages? I don't see a way to do it on the command line.
At https://mikrotik.com/download, download "extra packages", which is the .zip with all, not just "extra", packages.
Then upload the individual .npk packages to the machine using scp (or ftp, or WebFig) and reboot.

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi
i just made a netboot install of my hEX. and now only 4.9 MiB are left .
Cant believe that this is really tested.

This means for all 16MB devices we have to netboot from now on .. Great.

mmx01
just joined

Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:32 pm

Just upgraded mine RB4011iGS+ and guess what happened...

People do buy this hardware for its SFP+ port which most probably in most cases runs as a trunk. The most relevant and important part of this equipment is the SFP port. Once the issue manifested I tried all kinds of modules copper / fiber including MT S+RJ10, SolarFlare SFM10G-SR etc. Nothing works in this port after the upgrade.

I had never needed to browse any forum before upgrading to a "stable" firmware and the only reason for rush this time was reported security flaw. Interesting what downgrade button does (nothing) but I ended up with a mobile hot spot to download older firmware and re-flash to get things working again.

You security lock your device for access so recovery options may vary (like full reset). Thank God this is home use only, lovely Sunday, still nothing about the issue in change log and update not put on hold. Let's pray for the ones with automatic updates.

Thanks MT!

iScape
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:01 pm

hEX PoE + wAP ac (CAPsMAN): upgrade to 6.45.2 (also 6.46beta9) from 6.43.x resulted in issues - Chromecast couldn't connect to WiFi with "4-way handshake timeout" in logs.
Roll-back to 6.43.16 fixed the issue.
FYI

iScape
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:17 pm

hEX PoE (VPN, IPsec with IKE2 RSA signature): upgrade to 6.45.2 from 6.43.x resulted in issue - somehow IPsec config was changed in a way that affected peers configuration. Clients couldn't connect due to "identity not found for peer: DER DN".
Attempts to fix it in peers config didn't help, though maybe I've missed some basic thing due to limited timeframe I had to roll back to 6.43.

However, roll-back to 6.43.16 and update of peer config with proper values fixed the issue.
FYI

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:48 pm

Next time you may want to upgrade along each version (no skip 6.44 like you did) when you have complicated configuration in an area where big changes were made.
This time this is true for IPsec, in previous cases it was true for ethernet master-port migration to bridge with hw-accel.

schadom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:10 pm

OpenVPN is not working anymore for us after upgrading to 6.45.1 and 6.45.2. OpenVPN clients are unable to get traffic from the OpenVPN-Net (10.10.10.x/24) to the Management Network (10.80.80.x/24). The IP Firewall in Winbox shows the following message on the rules which include the ovpn-instance:

in/out-interface matcher not possible when interface (ovpn-instance) is slave - use master instead (bridge-mgmt)

Our OpenVPN setup worked perfectly fine BEFORE upgrading to 6.45.1/6.45.2. Any ideas?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:21 pm

Our OpenVPN setup worked perfectly fine BEFORE upgrading to 6.45.1/6.45.2. Any ideas?
Create a dedicated topic and post there configuration of the affected machine following the anonymisation hint in my automatic signature below.

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:36 pm

What was wrong with 802.11ac on ARM devices?

zekoslavmrkva
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:08 am

The SFP not work at 6.45.2!!!, Is it any way to roll back to 6.45.1? I need this SFP port!!!

iScape
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:30 am

hEX PoE (VPN, IPsec with IKE2 RSA signature): upgrade to 6.45.2 from 6.43.x resulted in issue - somehow IPsec config was changed in a way that affected peers configuration. Clients couldn't connect due to "identity not found for peer: DER DN".
Attempts to fix it in peers config didn't help, though maybe I've missed some basic thing due to limited timeframe I had to roll back to 6.43.

However, roll-back to 6.43.16 and update of peer config with proper values fixed the issue.
FYI
Ok, so it looks like upgrade from 6.43 to 6.44 migrated my IPsec configuration in a way that made it non-working.
I've managed to fix it in Identify by changing "My id type" from address to auto. Also, I think, in the same Identity section, wrong mode config was selected.

iScape
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:30 am

hEX PoE + wAP ac (CAPsMAN): upgrade to 6.45.2 (also 6.46beta9) from 6.43.x resulted in issues - Chromecast couldn't connect to WiFi with "4-way handshake timeout" in logs.
Roll-back to 6.43.16 fixed the issue.
FYI
I've upgraded again, but this time through interim long-term 6.44 and after that to 6.45. So far Chromecast works fine.

g0didit
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:58 am

Hi,

I got problems with login.
I updated RB OmniTIK U-5HnD to 6.45.1, after I try to backup config but got message "Cant export all config... " something like that message and notice some of my users cant connect to.
I export all to .rsc file, hit reset config - keep users - no default config - after that reouter reboted but im unable to login - password incorrect.

Is there any chance to login with MAC Telnet ?

icosasupport

Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:02 am

Is there any chance to login with MAC Telnet ?
it's a known issue with winbox. Try upgrading it to 3.19

acruhl

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:21 am

I don't see where to download a zip file, only an npk file. I don't use Windows so I don't use winbox, which is how I assume you can upgrade individual packages? I don't see a way to do it on the command line.
At https://mikrotik.com/download, download "extra packages", which is the .zip with all, not just "extra", packages.
Then upload the individual .npk packages to the machine using scp (or ftp, or WebFig) and reboot.
Thank you Sindy. Between this and post #48 I was able to get a working system. The key to my understanding was I didn't know that simply uploading a package to normal storage and rebooting would install that package.

I can't help but think this is the end of the line for 16 meg devices. I'm not sure average users are going to want to go through this, to the extent that there is an average Mikrotik user I guess. They had to know this was going to happen eventually. I see a boatload of 16 meg devices still being sold as new that won't be able to be "auto upgraded" to the latest version... And I have a bunch of them. Wow.

CharlyBrown
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:51 am

Hi!!
Like in last version 6.45.1, the api login doesn't work
When I try to login through API, I receive the same error." Login failure for ApiUsername via api".
Any comment about this issue?

I attach my c# code.
public MK(string ip)
        {
            try
            {
                con = new TcpClient();
                con.Connect(ip, 8728);
                connection = (Stream)con.GetStream();
            }
            catch (Exception error)
            { MessageBox.Show("Error al conectar con Base.. Verifique su conexión" + Environment.NewLine + error.Message); }
        }
        public void Close()
        {
            connection.Close();
            con.Close();
        }
        public bool Login(string username, string password)
        {
            Send("/login",false);
            Send("=name=" + username,false);            
            Send("=password=" + password, true);
            if (Read()[0] == "!done")
            {
                return true;
            }
            else
            {
                return false;
            }
        }
This code, with 6.44.3 version works fine.

Pea
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 am

Maybe this:
Old API authentication method will also no longer work, see documentation for new login procedure:

OKNET

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:54 am

Ok for manual extracting and install packages for hAP lite but....... what about next releases ? no more npk-upgradable ?

Is it ok to have 7,4 MB available out of 16 total ?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Is it ok to have 7,4 MB available out of 16 total ?
On 16M flash devices upgrade happens in RAM, so that should be fine. But you may occasionally need to reboot your device right before the upgrade to free some RAM. Also switching from bundle to individual packages should not be required, unless you want to add something that's not part of the bundle.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:40 pm

I can't help but think this is the end of the line for 16 meg devices. I'm not sure average users are going to want to go through this, to the extent that there is an average Mikrotik user I guess. They had to know this was going to happen eventually. I see a boatload of 16 meg devices still being sold as new that won't be able to be "auto upgraded" to the latest version... And I have a bunch of them. Wow.
I don't think there is a problem for 16M flash devices right now.
There is a problem for devices with only 32M RAM (and 16M flash), yes.
Many recent devices have 256M RAM and when they have 16M flash it can still be auto-updated.

Bozhevilnoe
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:48 pm

at 6.45.1, gre tunnels stopped working. Redid all 15 routers on ip tunnels. 3 weeks after the release of 6.45.2, the ip tunnels stopped working ....

OKNET

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:05 pm

hAP lite has 32MB ram 16MB flash
No way to update after deleting all files and rebooted more than once (had to try netinstall yet).
The winbox method system->packages>CheckForUpdates, finds new version but "download and install button" refuses to appear (likely because of space issue).

tesme33
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:32 pm

No way to update after deleting all files and rebooted more than once (had to try netinstall yet).
The winbox method system->packages>CheckForUpdates, finds new version but "download and install button" refuses to appear (likely because of space issue).
Welcome in the club.
BTW. Just uploading system,routing to the device and rebooting will get on 6.45.2 and then dhcp, security, wireless will give you what you need.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:45 pm

When you do not know what the "routing" package does you probably don't need it!
(it is not for static routing)

When you want the "security" package you also need to install "dhcp".

creamola
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Same for me with a hAP lite. I also reverted to longterm, but like you, although 6.45.2 was 100% downloaded, on reboot, it throws a system error "not enough space for upgrade".

This was using Winbox 3.19. I say that, because in the past, Webfig update has worked when Winbox error-ed.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:42 pm

I am glad to report that due to the "real beta testers" (the unsuspecting public) having noted the issues has allowed me to avoid the latest "stable" version, - not coming near 6.45.2 with a 10 foot pole (okay 6 inches ;-) )

Now would the so called beta testers (the folks that frequent this forum: viewforum.php?f=1 )
Please stand up..... your all fired!! ;-P

CharlyBrown
just joined

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:43 pm

Maybe this:
I'm usign the new login procedure.
you can check that on my quote code below.
C#
public bool Login(string username, string password)
        {
            Send("/login",false);
            Send("=name=" + username,false);            
            Send("=password=" + password, true);
            if (Read()[0] == "!done")
            {
                return true;
            }
            else
            {
                return false;
            }

estdata
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi
I upgraded to 6.45.2 and more could not use the 5GHz network. I went back to the 6.45 and I come back to the 5GHz network
If it's some sort of finger, I'm waiting for an answer and a correction. At least my opinion.

Thanks

DenisPDA
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:33 pm

Previously helped solve the problem

kiler129

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:45 am

What was wrong with 802.11ac on ARM devices?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=142298

aacable

Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:52 am

[
Changes in this release:

9, nine errors introduced in a new version from previous version. Possible more.
Maybe there should be a better quality control?

I will wait for 6.45.8 before i dear to upgrade...
Mikrotik should focus & enhance there QA / QC Dept at higher level !

JasonZZR
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:03 am

6.45.2 in my case appears to Cause in WAP AC ( RBwAPG-5ACT2HnD Models) some issues with older HP Laptops ( N max speed Intel Centrino Wireless Cards Circa 2015 Drivers ) (not AC)

The PC cannot see the Access Points for 2.4 and 5 GHz appear not Visible at all ( Either using the Built in Wifi Search or Acrylic Wifi ) .

Rolling the WAPS back to 6.44.5 have resolved the connectivity issue.

Samsung AC Phones etc ( S7 ) were still able to connect when the WAPS were at 6.45.2

Cheers Jason

Cheers Jason

td32
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:57 am

6.45.2 in my case appears to Cause in WAP AC ( RBwAPG-5ACT2HnD Models) some issues with older HP Laptops ( N max speed Intel Centrino Wireless Cards Circa 2015 Drivers ) (not AC)

The PC cannot see the Access Points for 2.4 and 5 GHz appear not Visible at all ( Either using the Built in Wifi Search or Acrylic Wifi ) .

Rolling the WAPS back to 6.44.5 have resolved the connectivity issue.

Samsung AC Phones etc ( S7 ) were still able to connect when the WAPS were at 6.45.2

Cheers Jason

Cheers Jason
it might have been a channel issue, perhaps you have set auto channel EU, while the wifi client card is US, if router sets channel 12 for example you won't see it with that wifi client

JasonZZR
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:35 am

I will check but i've previously set the frequencies directly to avoid contentions over the site physical layout . Unless something has over written it

Cheers Jason

zajadacz
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:57 am

"improved 802.11ac stability for all ARM devices with wireless"
I have cAP ac. New version improves upload on my Huawei Mate 20 Lite (from ~150 Mbit/s to ~190 Mbit/s), but download speed is lower. On 6.45.2 download is 50 Mbit/s average, on 6.44.5 it is higher than 100 Mbit/s. cAP is at the ceiling directly 3-4 m above the phone. At the beginning of the speedtest speed is ok (above 100 Mbit), but then speed drops. In registration table Tx Rate drops to 54 Mbit. When transfer stops Tx Rate goes back to 390-80Mhz/1S or 433-80Mhz/1S. There are no other radio networks in 5 GHz spectrum.
On my laptop nothing has changed (~300 Mbit/s in both directions).

jerry311
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:14 pm

I am so happy i did not upgrade my 4011.
6.45.1 had some changes related to SFP+ so i upgraded. i was luck as previous problems disappeared, so there was an accidental fix included. (my exact problem was not in the change log)
As i was afraid this accidental fix disappears i did not upgrade to 6.45.2. i guess i was lucky.

I bought this 4011 to replace a Netgear D7800 due to stability issues. I am not sure i made the right choice.

aizhihuxiao
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:58 pm

My CCR1009-7G-1C after upgraded to 6.45.x, it rebooted every night.
The logs says
"router was rebooted without proper shutdown, probaly kernel failure.
Kernel failure in previous boot."

Any solutions?

stefanca
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:49 pm

IP Sec Routing Issue

Since upgrading from 6.44.12 to 6.45.2 I have strange routing issue.

I have a site-to-site IPSEC-L2TP tunnel between 2 sites. A master and a slave.
The Master has dnsnat and exposes a number of services on different IP addresses.
The moment the IPSEC tunnel gets established the client at the other side of the tunnel can't access those public ip addresses anymore, and ip times out and traceroute is looping.
Only changing the client ip or rebooting is fixing the issue.
I don't see anything in the routing table that might justitify that.
External devices can still access those public ip addresses...

Just heads up.

stefanca
just joined

Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:50 pm

IP Sec Scripting update

For those using scripting rules on IPSEC-L2TP the ip ipsec remote-peers has changed in ip ipsec active-peers

Any scripts using L2PT security on that might need to be updated.

ryufrvr
just joined

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:04 am

hap lite, update with netinstall and backup config. because no free space with default packages(

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:42 am

The logs says

Any solutions?
Checked any hardware/power issues? A few CCRs are working perfectly OK here

sid5632
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:46 am

On 16M flash devices upgrade happens in RAM, so that should be fine.
Should be, but it isn't.
But you may occasionally need to reboot your device right before the upgrade to free some RAM.
Occasionally? It's every time and even then it doesn't work.
Also switching from bundle to individual packages should not be required
But it is. That's the only way to upgrade things.

Why do you not just unbundle all those packages on these basic spec. devices? It's the only way they are going to work for the vast majority.
Sticking your collective heads in the sand isn't going to help. People repeatedly tell you on here that it's broken, but you don't seem to be listening.

icosasupport

Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:22 am

The logs says

Any solutions?
Welcome to the club! No fix afaik.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:11 am

Why do you not just unbundle all those packages on these basic spec. devices? It's the only way they are going to work for the vast majority.
Sticking your collective heads in the sand isn't going to help. People repeatedly tell you on here that it's broken, but you don't seem to be listening.
Indeed! I think that whole combined package thing should be dropped, and at some time all installations are converted to separate packages during the upgrade to a new version.
And then the package manager should be extended with an option that allows installation of a package (from the upgrade server) with a simple mouseclick.
Some menu that shows you all the existing packages on the upgrade server, you can tick some of them, and then download them and reboot.
Just like it already happens during a regular upgrade once you have converted your device to separate packages. The mechanism is already in place, just make it accessible in the UI.

osc86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:00 pm

Indeed! I think that whole combined package thing should be dropped, and at some time all installations are converted to separate packages during the upgrade to a new version.
And then the package manager should be extended with an option that allows installation of a package (from the upgrade server) with a simple mouseclick.
Some menu that shows you all the existing packages on the upgrade server, you can tick some of them, and then download them and reboot.
Just like it already happens during a regular upgrade once you have converted your device to separate packages. The mechanism is already in place, just make it accessible in the UI.
+1

xlarge74
just joined

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:14 pm

Hello, i just bought 2 hap ac^2 on one the wifi 5ghz was working on the other one, the network sometimes didnt show up . if it was visible to my laptop i couldnt connect.
I saw, that one was runing with 6.45.1 (this one was ok) and the other one with 6.45.2 had this problems.
will there be a fix?

kr
xlarge74

DenisPDA
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:18 pm

Hello, i just bought 2 hap ac^2 on one the wifi 5ghz was working on the other one, the network sometimes didnt show up . if it was visible to my laptop i couldnt connect.
I saw, that one was runing with 6.45.1 (this one was ok) and the other one with 6.45.2 had this problems.
will there be a fix?

kr
xlarge74
Use long-term
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=150045

srTeCHNoiD
just joined

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:26 pm

The logs says

Any solutions?
Youre lucky. I have CCR-1072, it not rebooting, just freezes and looking dead every 1-3 nights after upgrade to 6.45.x. Only hard reboot fix it. So, i wake up from bed and going to office to reboot. Every night.
Just downgrade to 6.44 (Long term) fix this problem to me.

Question to Mikroitk - what happening?! Why unstable firmware are going to stable release tree?!

xlarge74
just joined

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:45 pm

will there be a fix?

kr
xlarge74
Use long-term
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=150045
i will .. thanks

OverMark
just joined

Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi all!

Another 4011 with an useless SFP+ port here! :shock:

I've installed the LTS firmware and it everything has returned to normal. The point is that I haven't been able to restore the factory firmware (6.43) doing a factory reset (pressing button before turning on the power). It always started with that buggy 6.45.2 firmware until I force it to install the npk (downgrade).

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:03 pm

The point is that I haven't been able to restore the factory firmware (6.43) doing a factory reset (pressing button before turning on the power).

Routerboards don't have dual firmware installed [*]. Factory reset only returns configuration to factory default [**], not the software version. Information about factory default ROS version is there only to prevent administrator from installing ROS version older than that (and possibly doesn't have support for all hardware).

[*] it is possible to have two (or more) ROS versions installed in unit has flash storage with size of 64MB or more. In this case, one can partition flash to two halves and run different version of ROS in both partitions. If ROS crashes or fails to boot from one partition, it'll automatically try to boot from the other partition. If ROS is running normally, one can manually select partition for next boot.

[**] factory default configuration is not the configuration which was set up when unit was manufactured, but rather default configuration of ROS being installed. Default configuration can change slightly from time to time (and new defaults get added for new features). The most notable example of changing default setup is default list of firewall rules, they slowly evolve with time.

plankanater
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:25 pm

SFP+ on 4011 broken. Please pull the update. I have had two switches go offline due to this update.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:20 pm

SFP+ on 4011 broken. Please pull the update. I have had two switches go offline due to this update.
I wrote 19 Jul: Now that you know, it would be a good idea to put a line in the changelog:
Known bug: SFP problem with 4011. We do not recommend upgrading

Many people will upgrade over the weekend and save a lot of trouble... :) Thanks

Nobody from Mikrotik hear it. Probably a big problem to add one line to the changelog :( :(

calpenetworks
just joined

Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:37 pm

We have about 400-500 Hap Lite routers automatically updating with the latest release version, most of them are having the same issue - not enough storage to update. The big problem is the device saves a chunk of the update file in the file list, meaning it wont automatically update due to a shortage in storage when Mikrotik does push an update to fix this.

I can only think about going one by one and deleting the file and updating the 'long term' package.

Edit: When it attempts to update again it clears the file from the file list.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:22 pm

not enough storage to update.
You should hold off and wait for 6.46.
MT is aware of the problem and seems to work on solution for the small space devices.
From 6.46Beta16
*) smips - reduced RouterOS main package size (disabled LTE modem, dot1x and SwOS support);

aizhihuxiao
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:31 am

The logs says

Any solutions?
Checked any hardware/power issues? A few CCRs are working perfectly OK here
I run many services on this router, such as OSPF, OpenVPN and etc.
Downgraded to 6.44.5 yesterday, the uptime is 10h until now without any issues.

aizhihuxiao
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:33 am

The logs says

Any solutions?
Youre lucky. I have CCR-1072, it not rebooting, just freezes and looking dead every 1-3 nights after upgrade to 6.45.x. Only hard reboot fix it. So, i wake up from bed and going to office to reboot. Every night.

Question to Mikroitk - what happening?! Why unstable firmware are going to stable release tree?!
Probaly you need watchdog on 6.45.x
I just downgraded to 6.44.5 yesterday, it works fine!

jriera
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:42 am

The logs says

Any solutions?

Probaly you need watchdog on 6.45.x
I just downgraded to 6.44.5 yesterday, it works fine!
Same problem here, there are already several crashes with routers only with OSPF, others with OSPF + BGP and all with 6.45.1. I have to force a restart to recover, it is accessible only by mac-telnet. OSPF and BGP are lost.

The failure they report is:
01:46:02 script, error script error: action timed out - try again, if error continues contact MikroTik support and send a supout file (13)

There is no script implemented on the router ...

What is happening?

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:45 am

Dear Mikrotik Dev Team,

What about GRE (wrong mark first packet as invalid) problem?

kalamaja
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 am

hap lite, update with netinstall and backup config. because no free space with default packages(
Best solution so far for hAP lite: download and extract all_packages-smips-6.45.2.zip, upload only those packages that are enabled in your router, reboot -> router is upgraded and disabled packages are gone in one simple step.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:14 am

I run DHCP BGP Firewall NAT VLANs SFP+ L2TP (server and clients) UPnP SNMP Scripts Schedulers in most of them and so far not a single issue. Maybe the problem is service specific? Have you tried enabling logging to an external server to catch those logs before rebooting?

radio303
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:27 am

MT is aware of the problem and seems to work on solution for the small space devices.
From 6.46Beta16
*) smips - reduced RouterOS main package size (disabled LTE modem, dot1x and SwOS support);
Does it mean that my LTE modem will stop working when 6.46 is released and installed on my hAP lite? /edit: sorry, not lite but just hAP, my mistake/

Since installing 6.45.1 I've been experiencing occasional disconnections from my wi-fi network when I'm using remote desktop connection, and so I tried to update. That failed, initially because of 'free space' issue, then I switched to 'longterm' 6.44.5, after that 6.45.2 gets downloaded but after reboot I still have 6.44.5.

Disappointing, I thought Mikrotik were the most stable, bought 3 of these one by one for various locations, but it seems that I need to consider previous options again.
Last edited by radio303 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

mszru
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:03 am

From 6.46Beta16
Does it mean that my LTE modem will stop working when 6.46 is released and installed on my hAP lite?
How do you connect LTE modem to hAP lite?

radio303
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:27 am

From 6.46Beta16
Does it mean that my LTE modem will stop working when 6.46 is released and installed on my hAP lite?
How do you connect LTE modem to hAP lite?
Through USB... oh sorry it's hAP - not lite

petern

Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:37 am

[*] it is possible to have two (or more) ROS versions installed in unit has flash storage with size of 64MB or more. In this case, one can partition flash to two halves and run different version of ROS in both partitions. If ROS crashes or fails to boot from one partition, it'll automatically try to boot from the other partition. If ROS is running normally, one can manually select partition for next boot.
Is this supported on all devices with enough flash?

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Partitions says only MIPS, TILE and PowerPC, but my ARM-based RB1100AHx4s do have the /partition menu.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:28 pm

Is this supported on all devices with enough flash?
I haven't tried it myself (the only ARM device I have has only 16MB flash), but some forum users reported that partitioning on RB4011 (IIRC) went fine.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:41 pm

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Partitions says only MIPS, TILE and PowerPC, but my ARM-based RB1100AHx4s do have the /partition menu.
That is the disadvantage of putting things like that in a manual page that isn't automatically maintained. That page was likely made when those were the only
available platforms for their own equipment. Things like X86 and CHR are not in the list and intentionally so, but ARM just was never added.

marisspringis
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi,
after update all my export and backup files disapeared from files.
i'm using Hap AC2
is this beeing made by update so the devices with 16Mb memory could update normally?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:46 pm

On hAP ac2 (and other devices witch tiny flash disks), root of what you see in /files print is in RAM disk and gets wiped after every restart. The non-volatile file storage is under /flash ...

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:14 pm

Perhaps packages like mpls, ipv6 and hostspot should be dropped from the base RoS distribution. Would be even better if from the main RoS distribution individual packages could be uninstallable instead of just disabled.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:33 pm

What happens when some of downloaded packages are broken during download? If you have bundle package - then you have error on bundle installation, and everything is rolled back. AFAIR, when system is already installed and some additional package is broken, it simply does not get installed, so... can't you bring your RouterOS into some "clipped" state without necessary functionality when installing separate packages?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:51 pm

When you click on "download&install" and it cannot finsh the download, it does not reboot so it does not get installed.
On newer devices that is the final state becuase a powercycle deletes those downloaded packages.
On older devices with 64M or more flash, the older packages will remain but a powercycle still does not install them, only a requested reboot does.
Re-doing the download&install will probably fix it.
Furthermore, this situation already was present when you installed extra packages beyond the combined package.

OKNET

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:15 pm

Previously helped solve the problem
What actually that fix_space.npk does ???

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:19 pm

What actually that fix_space.npk does ???
Somewhere around ROS 6.41 the upgrade process could sometimes break and leave some files un-acounted for. Those could be removed only by net-installing the device. This npk tries to find such orphaned files and removes them. Newer versions are supposedly not breaking the same way and this npk won't fix anything.

OKNET

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:19 pm

Not any direct method to access to flash neither ?

DanchoDimitrov
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi,
i'm using Hap AC2
is this beeing made by update so the devices with 16Mb memory could update normally?
Hello, I got a small 16gb flash drive for this. Format it as ext3 amd mount it. I keep packages, logs and backups on it. Be sure to copy them over to your PC from time to time as flash drives dont last very long.

On another note, can you check if your 5GHz AC wifi gets stuck at detecting radar if its set to 80MHz channel?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:31 pm

Not any direct method to access to flash neither ?
Nope. Not the system part of it.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Hi,
i'm using Hap AC2
No, it is made by reboot. The files directory on a device with 16M flash is a RAMDISK.
It will vanish whenever you powercycle or reboot the device. This is not the place to keep exports and backups, only to generate them. After that you have to download them to your PC to save them.

marisspringis
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:35 pm

Hello, I got a small 16gb flash drive for this. Format it as ext3 amd mount it. I keep packages, logs and backups on it. Be sure to copy them over to your PC from time to time as flash drives dont last very long.

On another note, can you check if your 5GHz AC wifi gets stuck at detecting radar if its set to 80MHz channel?
Hi,
yes it got stuck on detecting radar

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Is it that hard to just add a warning to a changelog about not working SFP on 4011? If you don't want to pull the release, at least do the absolute minimum?
It will be week old soon and people are still installing it on their devices, breaking the functionality.
These are your customers, that bought your 200e product and you are doing everything for them to hate you and never buy another.
(and let's not even talk about the SNAFU with 5GHz wifi that still doesn't work properly year after a product launch)
Doing the absolute minimum (adding a warning to release notes) can't take more than 5 minutes... yet you just don't care.

DanchoDimitrov
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:16 pm

just use long term, eks dee. But seriously, use long term. Imo stable just means it boots most of the time.
Stable builds are not to be deployed to customers and offsite. If you do that then u just asking for trouble.

rb9999
just joined

Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:25 pm

I’m one of those couple of 200e+ customers... just pull the damn release as you’re probably doing a lot more harm for mikrotik’s name letting it as is. I crashed two rb4011 and it’s a good thing I had a backup ethernet link to that couple of switches... or it would cost me time and money to physically get to both sites in couple of hours.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Is it that hard to just add a warning to a changelog about not working SFP on 4011? If you don't want to pull the release, at least do the absolute minimum?
@normis and @mikrotik It is too hard answer this question? You rather let the user install a "defective" RouterOS for rb4011?

TheMac
just joined

Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:25 am

hAP AC2 at AC 80MHZ XXXX stuck at detecting radar, 40 seems to work.
Issue not present on older 6.44.5 long term.
Issue from the previous stable build with high ping over 5g wifi is fixed.
Tell me if u need more info.
Can we just copy and paste whatever is in 6.44.5 for the wifi and dump it in 6.45.3?
Similar issue here. Was able to solve it by switching from "Frequency: Auto" to "Frequency: 5180"

chuky0

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:38 am

abysmal wlan download with this f/w. went from 54/16 to 1.3/16 Mbps (have 150/15 from my isp)

i have 750gr3 an 2 wapac capsman configured

worked great until i tried 6.45.2 bad enough that i downgraded to 6.44.5 long term and its fine, back to where it was
ie. maxed out my wlan on that device

first time this has happened to me with upgrading mikrotik I've had them a couple of years now, I may lean towards long term from now on

smuslim
just joined

Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:03 am

OpenVPN is not working anymore for us after upgrading to 6.45.1 and 6.45.2. OpenVPN clients are unable to get traffic from the OpenVPN-Net (10.10.10.x/24) to the Management Network (10.80.80.x/24). The IP Firewall in Winbox shows the following message on the rules which include the ovpn-instance:

in/out-interface matcher not possible when interface (ovpn-instance) is slave - use master instead (bridge-mgmt)

Mine also stop working after Upgrade and CPU usage was high about (25-30%). But restoring old backup(configs) fix the problem.

agpsolutions
just joined

Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:56 pm

I have upgraded hAP lite RB941 and hotspot doesn't work correctly. No internet connections is shown when you select the wireless. With 6.44.3 is working but with 6.45.1 and 6.45.2 and 6.46beta give this issue.
It works only if you go to 192.168.88.1

No problem instead with RB951ui-2hnd

Any one else discovered this issue?

schadom
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Mine also stop working after Upgrade and CPU usage was high about (25-30%). But restoring old backup(configs) fix the problem.

This is so fucked up. Every single ROS update introduces new bugs...

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:55 pm

This is so fucked up. Every single ROS update introduces new bugs...
And new features too!! The horror.
The "bug" that is being quoted in red all the time (although it is not clear why people include it with their own unrelated bug) probably is not a bug at all anyway, just an existing incorrect configuration that now is detected and indicated, and previously it just did not work.

aizhihuxiao
just joined

Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:28 am

I run DHCP BGP Firewall NAT VLANs SFP+ L2TP (server and clients) UPnP SNMP Scripts Schedulers in most of them and so far not a single issue. Maybe the problem is service specific? Have you tried enabling logging to an external server to catch those logs before rebooting?
Not yet, I don't have externel log server for now.
I have three CCR -1009, only this one has crash issue.
But the most service running on this router: OPENVPN, OSPF, IPSEC, EOIP, DHCP, NAT, L2TP, UPNP, SFP, FIREWALL, DNS

vitaly2016
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:30 am

I made mistake - I did not read "v6.45.2 [stable] is released!" topic before upgrading my hEX

I successfully upgraded ROS of remote hEX from 6.45.1 to 6.45.2
After rebooting I tried to upgrade FIRMWARE from 6.45.1 to 6.45.2.
The red line in the bottom of firmware upgrade window was as usually: "successful upgrade, please reboot"
But now I can't connect to hEX after reboot.
Winbox after trying to connect within ~20 seconds reports:
"ERROR: could not connect to..."
This is remote location without any personnel. So I should go there to see what happened.

Another my RB2011 successfully upgraded its ROS to 6.45.2 but there was strange thing when I rebooted it after
FIRMWARE upgrade:
Winbox lost connection as expected, but RB2011 did not reboot. I looked at device, it kept on working and nothing happened.
In a few minutes I connected via Winbox again, reboot router and this time process finished good, firmware is 6.45.2

It's seems like with every new Mikrotik upgrade, the process is getting closer to Discovery Channels' "I Shouldn't Be Alive" series.
Only lucky ones will be able to upgrade.

P.S. Another my Mikrotik device - hEX POE is the lucky one. It was successfully upgraded from 6.44.3 to 6.45.2 (both ROS and FIRMWARE)

HighTech
just joined

Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:12 pm

Warning for all RB4011 users do not install FW6.45.2 if you are using the SFP+ port, Installing the firmware makes the SFP+ adapter not seeing by the routerOS and no traffic throu SFP, downgrade to FW6.45.1 makes it work again.

I have no problem with FW6.45.2 on CHR and CCR1036

/Carsten

CZFan
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Location: South Africa, Krugersdorp (Home town of Brad Binder)

Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Did you do the "Wireless Reset" as mentioned in previous version (6.45.1) change log?

*) rb4011 - fixed MAC address duplication between sfp-sfpplus1 and wlan1 interfaces (wlan1 configuration reset required);

kiler129

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:09 am

Did you do the "Wireless Reset" as mentioned in previous version (6.45.1) change log?

*) rb4011 - fixed MAC address duplication between sfp-sfpplus1 and wlan1 interfaces (wlan1 configuration reset required);

This has nothing to do with the MAC duplication fixed in 6.45.1 - the SFP is broken in 6.45.2 and they acknowledged that in some of the previous posts.

eddieb

Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:34 pm

updating to 6.45.2 went smooth ... from 6.45.1 to 6.45.2 with some help from the dude ;-)
No problems so far

ruwi000
just joined

Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:33 pm

When I upgraded an LtAP mini (luckily a test machine) to 6.45.1, I lost the LTE interface! When I upgraded to 6.45.2, the LTE interface is back again.
There is nothing in the release/change notes. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:31 am

What happens when some of downloaded packages are broken during download? If you have bundle package - then you have error on bundle installation, and everything is rolled back. AFAIR, when system is already installed and some additional package is broken, it simply does not get installed, so... can't you bring your RouterOS into some "clipped" state without necessary functionality when installing separate packages?
Not really.

Step1: Download ALL necessary packages. Use RAM if needed.
Step2: Verify ALL downloaded packages.
Step3: If everything is ok, install packages.

Done. This is how Linux Distros work: they download updates, verify integrity and then install.

XTX

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:51 am

at 6.45.1, gre tunnels stopped working. Redid all 15 routers on ip tunnels. 3 weeks after the release of 6.45.2, the ip tunnels stopped working ....
Exactly the same here !

Upgraded from 6.42.7 to 6.45.2 on a CCR1036 and all the GRE tunnels stopped working.

Ok I know that the Mikrotik guys can't test everything ...but GRE ? seriously ?? c'mon guys....FIX IT !!!

petern

Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:12 am

Exactly the same here !

Upgraded from 6.42.7 to 6.45.2 on a CCR1036 and all the GRE tunnels stopped working.

Ok I know that the Mikrotik guys can't test everything ...but GRE ? seriously ?? c'mon guys....FIX IT !!!
Did you check your firewalls allow inbound GRE? If you check the notes there was a fix for a bug that allowed it when it shouldn't've been allowed.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Did you check your firewalls allow inbound GRE? If you check the notes there was a fix for a bug that allowed it when it shouldn't've been allowed.
...and while fixing that one, another one has been introduced which incorrectly labels the initial packet of a GRE connection with connection-state=invalid so you need to workaround this in your firewall if you drop "invalid" packets before all selective accept rules. This has also been discussed earlier in this topic.

XTX

Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:14 pm

...and while fixing that one, another one has been introduced which incorrectly labels the initial packet of a GRE connection with connection-state=invalid so you need to workaround this in your firewall if you drop "invalid" packets before all selective accept rules. This has also been discussed earlier in this topic.
Hi

Thanks guys
Yeah...the problem was that i have in the FW a drop invalid input and a drop invalid output rule in place, so after disabling those two rules it started working again.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:29 pm

Upgraded a cAP AC to 6.45.2
Reset Configuration Like I normally do... but this site was not a CAP install.
/system reset-configuration

UNIT CAME UP AS A ROUTER.

wAP AC has always done this. This was the first time I have seen a cAP AC do this.

Had to have tech on site connect to the local SSID to get around the firewall and configure it.

aqualx
just joined

Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:00 pm

From release notes 6.45.1:
*) ipsec - renamed "remote-peers" to "active-peers";
Can someone change remote-peers to active-peers in script listed on this wiki page: Securing L2TP Server for IPSec

PS: It would be great if in future such changes would apply to user scripts automatically. It is not very obvious why after upgrade to new version VPN stopped working...

ascentnetworks
just joined

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:23 am

You guys right shit the bed with 6.45.2 It's not even close to stable. It's total trash and bricks EVERYTHING!! Note to EVERYONE DO NOT USE THIS CRAP VERSION!! YOU WILL SCREW YOUR ROUTERS!!!

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:51 am

After upgrading to 6.45.2 the pptp connection to the core router with 6.44.1 is not possible, It stops at link established. Downgroade to 6.44.5 and it works again.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:38 pm

Problems with PPTP are solved the same way as GRE issues mentioned before.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:51 pm

Not really.

Done. This is how Linux Distros work: they download updates, verify integrity and then install.
Okay, let's then imagine "out of disk space" issue in the middle of installation of Nth package. Linux distros can work with "different" versions of packages, RouterOS can't.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:27 pm

Okay, let's then imagine "out of disk space" issue in the middle of installation of Nth package. Linux distros can work with "different" versions of packages, RouterOS can't.
This should only happen when something is corrupted. Normally, Linux distributions know beforehand how much extra diskspace is required when installing or updating a package.
So RouterOS can calculate if the new install will theoretically fit, and not start the upgrade when it does not fit.

3xHelix
just joined

Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:41 pm

You can only imagine the look on my face as an enterprise network tech when a software upgrade royally killed everything in my house... This is cause router to everything in my house is over SFP !!! ...

When can we expect a fix for the botched 6.45.2 update ? ... Thank god for partitions!

P.S. - Please renamed update to "v6.45.2 [stable if you dont use sfp]"

raevsk
just joined

Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:52 pm

Hello to everyone
I have a problem with this version of RouterOS
I download manually package (routeros-mmips-6.45.2) from the web site and put it to my RB750Gr3 with 6.41.5 version. After reboot it must be upgraded. But after that he did not start correctly, i can not seen him in winbox or in another way (for exaple to connect him to another router and i can not find him in "neighbors").
I repeat installation on another Mikrotik RB750Gr3 with 6.41.5 version - and i again have the same proplem. Now i have 2 dead routers.
Why i have this problem? Can you help me? What i can do with it and why this problem begin?

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:03 pm

This should only happen when something is corrupted. Normally, Linux distributions know beforehand how much extra diskspace is required when installing or updating a package.
So RouterOS can calculate if the new install will theoretically fit, and not start the upgrade when it does not fit.
"Theoretically" is not always what will happen IRL. Like, gitlab-ce does PostgreSQL backup on package upgrade. Are you sure it calculates backup size before doing it? Are you sure it's even possible?

mac86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 pm

I want to inform that we should also downgrade CCR1072.
With 6.45.1 we have an unexpected restart every day. :(

Simply lower CCR to 6.44.5 and no more bad reboots. :D

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:15 pm

"Theoretically" is not always what will happen IRL. Like, gitlab-ce does PostgreSQL backup on package upgrade. Are you sure it calculates backup size before doing it? Are you sure it's even possible?
I don't think there is such an issue with RouterOS updates. Maybe there is some need of temporary space (e.g. to generate a new config from the old one) but MikroTik engineers should be well aware of it.
When I tried to update devices with limited space I have seen "not enough space" errors several times and never has it corrupted the device.
(other than already existing corruption like a couple of versions ago when the old version of a big file was not deleted and took like 12MB of diskspace)

TheSirStumfy
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:20 pm

Funny enough this upgrade caused a loop for me, until i also upgraded the firmware, now resolved.

Also as mentioned HAp lite is on the ragged edge of space, i had a backup on it and it could not upgrade until removed.

ViniciusMariano
just joined

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:42 pm

I have upgraded hAP lite RB941 and hotspot doesn't work correctly. No internet connections is shown when you select the wireless. With 6.44.3 is working but with 6.45.1 and 6.45.2 and 6.46beta give this issue.
It works only if you go to 192.168.88.1

No problem instead with RB951ui-2hnd

Any one else discovered this issue?
Estou mesmo problema . nao achei soluçao ainda

ViniciusMariano
just joined

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:26 pm

I'm hotspot problem in version 6.45.2 social login does not work it does not open page

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:44 pm

Not really.

Download to RAM. Do the job from there, and keep a flash copy of the disk on it, or on a external storage (SD card, USB disk, pendrive...). If you run into problems, just do an automatic rollback.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:25 pm

In the older and the more powerful routers you can partition the flash, and keep the previous version.
Unfortunately that is no longer possible with many recent models because they have only 16M flash (earlier 128M flash was usual).

jamienz
just joined

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:43 am

IP Sec Scripting update

For those using scripting rules on IPSEC-L2TP the ip ipsec remote-peers has changed in ip ipsec active-peers

Any scripts using L2PT security on that might need to be updated.
Indeed. Mikrotik you need to update this:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Securing ... _for_IPSec

freezer

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:11 pm

6.45.2 on my cAP AC is total crap. I'm loosing MGMT access few minutes after power cycling the unit. I did downgrade to 6.44.5 but it was still working as badly as before - I had to downgrade the firmware too to finally have a stable device.

posh4529
just joined

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:20 pm

Hi everybody!

Today I had an issue after updating the RouterOS on my 2 Mikrotik routers from ver.6.45.1 to ver.6.45.2. My RB4011 lost it's ability to obtain the ip-address from ISP via DHCP. I do strongly advise you not to update to RoterOS version 6.45.2 as it's stable but faulty. For details: SL4529@GMAIL.COM.

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:36 pm

We are reaching the point where 6.45.2 should be considered "unfit for purpose". Even the vulnerabilities it mitigates seem "less worse" than the problems it caused.

Waiting 6.45.3 (6.46?).

DummyPLUG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:22 pm

What's new in 6.45.3 (2019-Jul-29 12:11):

Important note!!!
Due to removal of compatibility with old version passwords in this version, downgrading to any version prior to v6.43 (v6.42.12 and older) will clear all user passwords and allow password-less authentication. Please secure your router after downgrading.

*) certificate - renew certificates via SCEP when 3/4 of lifetime reached;
*) crs317 - fixed multicast packet receiving (introduced in v6.45);
*) hotspot - fixed default profile values not being used (introduced in v6.45);
*) rb4011 - fixed SFP+ interface linking (introduced in v6.45.2);
*) supout - fixed SIM slot printing (introduced in v6.45);
*) wireless - improved U-APSD (WMM Power Save) support for 802.11e;

CrimzinZA
just joined

Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:27 pm

I recently purchased 4 LtAP mini's I have upgraded each one to 6.45.2 ( original factory type was 6.42.1 )

The LTE connection is VERY unreliable.

I am using Vodacom sim both contract and Pay as you go.

I had to remove both sims pin as the software can't handle it.

It has internet for a few minutes then just stops. although it states registered and up. you can’t ping 8.8.8.8.

You have to restart the router. plus it sometimes connects and sometimes not. then you restart then it works.

I have tried setting it to LTE only.

I have tried putting roaming on and off.

still stops working.

These units soul goal is to have something in the field connected to the internet. but it is not working.

One guy mentioned the LTE interface disappearing. try rebooting the unit 4 times. then it comes back.

Also after upgrading you have to reset the whole unit just to get stuff to work again.

I have tried it in different locations. 2 different units and with external and internal antennas.

Kindis

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:17 pm

What version of ROS are you running? Also have you updated the modem firmware. I had big issues getting 4G to run on my unit until I upgraded modem firmware.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:20 pm

@CrimzinZA As noted above, make sure the firmware matches (in Winbox, System > Routerboard > Upgrade, then reboot the box). If that doesn't help, you might want to try downgrading to the "long term" release...under System > Packages, you can select the older package. Don't know if it will help, but something to try.

HZsolt

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:35 pm

/system package update check-for-updates
channel: stable
installed-version: 6.45.2
latest-version: 6.45.2

The 6.45.3 is not available yet!

Kindis

Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:43 pm

@CrimzinZA You have 3 things to check 😁
ROS version, MT firmware and modem firmware.
Upgrading modem firmware solved my 4G issues.

Here is how to update modem firmware https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... re_upgrade

Kindis

Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:45 pm

You can download via the download page.
https://mikrotik.com/download

HZsolt

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:02 pm

You can download via the download page.
https://mikrotik.com/download
I know it, but I would like download via the command line.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:38 pm

No problem:
/tool fetch url=("https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/6.45.3/routeros-".[/system resource get architecture-name]."-6.45.3.npk")

HZsolt

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:44 pm

No problem:
/tool fetch url=("https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/6.45.3/routeros-".[/system resource get architecture-name]."-6.45.3.npk")
Thank You!!! You are GENIUS!!!!

eworm
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:56 pm

@CrimzinZA You have 3 things to check 😁
ROS version, MT firmware and modem firmware.
Upgrading modem firmware solved my 4G issues.

Here is how to update modem firmware https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... re_upgrade
Or you use my script, just copy and paste to your terminal:
unattended-lte-firmware-upgrade

Even works for devices in remote location.

xtrans
just joined

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:09 am

from v6.45.1 to v6.45.2 still not automatically showing captive portal on hotspot in http. only v6.44.3 below work perfectly
update.. even v6.45.3 not automatically show captive portal.

CrimzinZA
just joined

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:16 am

@CrimzinZA As noted above, make sure the firmware matches (in Winbox, System > Routerboard > Upgrade, then reboot the box). If that doesn't help, you might want to try downgrading to the "long term" release...under System > Packages, you can select the older package. Don't know if it will help, but something to try.
Thank you for the feedback.

I made sure it was done. routerboard and firmware is the same.

If I downgrade what would be the safest reliable version?

Best Regards.

CrimzinZA
just joined

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:21 am

When I upgraded an LtAP mini (luckily a test machine) to 6.45.1, I lost the LTE interface! When I upgraded to 6.45.2, the LTE interface is back again.
There is nothing in the release/change notes. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?
I had this randomly happen. After restarting a few times it sees it again. one issue is that I can see the LTE and the traffic but the unit itself cant connect to the internet although it states its registered and connected. When connected and there is internet it only last for a short while. ( from a few minutes to a day )

CrimzinZA
just joined

Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:35 am

I have picked up a new problem on LtAP mini.

if you remove GSM and 3G an leave LTE it states under Interface >> LTE1 >> Status >> Registration status >> unknown or denied.

If you dd 3G back it registers

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:33 am

No problem:
This will work if you have the main package installed but if you have packages (like devices with limited flash space for example) then this is a big problem and you have to get the full package and then extract and install the packages. This is OK and not such a big issue if you have one or maybe a few mikrotik devices to manage but it is a big problem if you mange a lot of them and each one may be different than the other in architecture as well as packages installed, so please Mikrotik, can you fix this problem?

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:20 pm

One day since 6.45.3 released on download, nothing here on the forum.
Can't remember seeing this behavior before.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:50 pm

One day since 6.45.3 released on download, nothing here on the forum.
Can't remember seeing this behavior before.
@emils has explained that in the 6.45.3 topic you've spawned yourself - problems with the release system.

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:31 pm

Hi,
6.45.3 has no GRE miss-marking fix. Very Bad...

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:10 pm

6.45.3 has no GRE miss-marking fix. Very Bad...
I agree it is bad, but on the other hand what is so complicated about adding protocol=!gre to the action=drop connection-state=invalid rule?

rzirzi

Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:58 pm

But... why it isn't any official info about ROS 6.45.3 ?

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:07 pm

See post #202 above.

karlisi

Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:28 pm

my RB750Gr3 with 6.41.5 version. After reboot it must be upgraded. But after that he did not start correctly, i can not seen him in winbox
Check Winbox version, it must be at least 3.19