MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

SwOS version 2.10 released!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:25 pm

SwOS version 2.10 released
http://www.mikrotik.com/download
What's new in v2.10:

*) do not ignore RSTP port state when forwarding DHCP, PPPoE or IGMP snooped packets;
*) IGMP snooping: send out IGMPv3 queries by default;
*) IGMP snooping: handle IGMPv3 leaves much better;
*) IGMP snooping: handle dropped IGMP reports much better;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ACL matching by ip destination port;
*) CRS309, CRS312, CRS317, CRS326Q: fixed ICMP TTL packet switching;
*) CRS305, CSS106: make ACL work again;
*) CSS106: improve packet forwarding between different speed interfaces;
*) restart RSTP on LACP ports that got disbundled;
*) made disabling of flow-control work as expected;
*) do not account rx-overflows twice in SNMP ifInErrors;
*) CRS328-24P-4S+: make auto upgrade work;
*) CRS326Q: fixed vlan configuration on ports sfp22-sfp24 & qsfp+1.1-qsfp+2.4;
*) added support for unicode symbols in labels;
*) make DHCP & PPPoE snooping work correctly on port trunks;
*) made port lock filter out packets with unknown source addresses;
*) CRS309: make VLAN configuration work;
*) fixed problem where disabled autonegotiation on some SFP modules
became effective only after reboot;
*) CRS305, CRS326, CRS328: improved switch-chip resource allocation;

os62
just joined

Re: SwOS version 2.10 released!

Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm

Upgraded my CRS317 to 2.10, and 1000Base-T sfp modules' functionality survived this, with the previous Disable/Enable done once on previous 2.9 version.
Also verified 1000Base-T sfp functionality over power outage.
So, at least for me, it looks like 1000Base-T sfp problems with working short-distance gigabit link are over.

nfored
just joined

Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:48 pm

This my first MikroTik switch CRS309 just Plugged it in yesterday and installed 2.10. Running SwOS feeding three ESX servers each with dual 10g Lag's using Twinax, with VLAN enforcement. Everything seems to work correctly, though my current POE switches won't seem to power this switch for some reason. I did see that one time when I removed the DC plug to reboot it briefly stayed powered on via the POE but then never again.

All in All, I am pretty happy with this switch and this release.

n0xlf
just joined

Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:15 am

As mentioned in the 2.9 release thread (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=144031&start=50#p748250) 1G SFPs don't work on the CRS312.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:34 pm

I can not upgrade a CSS106-1G-4P-1S unit. Anyone else with the same issue or is it just me? Manual or automatic upgrade does not work!

redbullsteve
just joined

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 pm

I appear to have an issue with the Port Isolation in the VLANs tab, have configured Port Isolation so that all ports can only talk to Port24. Have setup VLAN 10,20,30 and 3. VLAN 10 and 20 I want to follow the Port Isolation setting but VLANs 3 and 30 I want them to ignore the Port Isolation settings.

This doesn't work, two devices on VLAN 3 can not talk to each other. Same with VLAN 30.

I am miss understanding the manual?

Port Isolation (yes | no; Default: yes)

Use settings from Port Isolation menu to isolate the defined VLAN to only certain ports. When disabled, the switch will ignore port isolation configuration and forward traffic with the defined VLAN ID only to ports that are checked as members.

This is with a CRS328-24P-4S+RM

EdPa
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:15 pm

@n0xlf - we look forward to improve this on upcoming SwOS versions.
@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manual upgrade.
@redbullsteve - is it SwOS 2.10 related or you experienced this issue before? I would suggest reporting this to support@mikrotik.com and provide screenshots from Port Isolation, VLAN and VLANs menus.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:33 pm

@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manually upgrade.
I have tried to upgrade several times using the firmware file or the auto upgrade. When I use the firmware file for example, I hit the upgrade and at the bottom right corner displays "Upgrading... (Please do not interrupt)". It remains like that for several minute and never changes. I even waited for more than 15 minutes and it was always like that. Same exact problem with auto upgrade. When I try to access the switch, there is no page whatsoever and I have to power cycle the unit. After that the old version (2.9) comes up again. OK I will try the backup firmware, thank you

redbullsteve
just joined

Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:24 am

@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manual upgrade.
@redbullsteve - is it SwOS 2.10 related or you experienced this issue before? I would suggest reporting this to support@mikrotik.com and provide screenshots from Port Isolation, VLAN and VLANs menus.
Ticket#2019090822001615 was raised over the weekend, I have yet to receive a response.

redbullsteve
just joined

Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:46 am

@EdPa the issue is also present in SwOS 2.9p

gard
just joined

Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:53 am

Hello all!
Does anyone have a IGMP Snooping?
I have CSS106-5G-1S, put a tick "IGMP Snooping" in "System" tab. I see strings in "IGMP Groups" tab.. but at that time video stream on my STB disappears (black screen). If uncheck a tick "IGMP snooping" in the System tab - video stream work, I see picture. If I check "IGMP snooping" tick in "VLANS" tab (after add vlan 1 entry), I don’t see any effect.
IGMP snooping not work!

Does anyone have similar problems?

redbullsteve
just joined

Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:06 pm

All sorted, was a configuration issue where I have not enabled strict vlan mode on ports. Leaving setting as optional does not check vlan features

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:00 pm

All sorted, was a configuration issue where I have not enabled strict vlan mode on ports. Leaving setting as optional does not check vlan features

thx for sharing
Last edited by chechito on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

n0xlf
just joined

Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:58 am

For those considering the CRS312, save yourself the headache of SwOS and stick with RouterOS for now. Running the beta RouterOS I am able to force the SFP to 1G which solves the problem I mentioned in the other thread about no linking. SwOS (new to 2.10) also had difficulty bringing up a 10G SFP on reboot, which does not exist in RouterOS. Unless you really like SwOS for some reason, I don't see a reason to run it on the CRS312 for now. My CPU usage under RouterOS is showing 1% and fan speed is the same as SwOS (ie - it's quiet). Just happy that it's all behaving as it should now. I've even been able to incorporate 9k jumbo frames with mixed non-jumbo hardware under RouterOS, since SwOS doesn't allow the MTU to be set.

dnyl
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:51 pm

Ticket#2019042922005886
Was solved with upgrade.

Matthew1471
just joined

Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:35 am

@LeftyTs - what exactly happens when you try to install the new version (e.g. boots with old version, boots with backup version, does not boot at all)? Please try loading the backup firmware by pressing the reset button for a few seconds and then perform the manually upgrade.
I have tried to upgrade several times using the firmware file or the auto upgrade. When I use the firmware file for example, I hit the upgrade and at the bottom right corner displays "Upgrading... (Please do not interrupt)". It remains like that for several minute and never changes. I even waited for more than 15 minutes and it was always like that. Same exact problem with auto upgrade. When I try to access the switch, there is no page whatsoever and I have to power cycle the unit. After that the old version (2.9) comes up again. OK I will try the backup firmware, thank you

I have exactly the same issue with my CSS106-1G-4P-1S too. I had issues upgrading to 2.9 (Ticket#2019011422007131) and found that was linked to whether I'd turned off RTSP on the port I was doing the upgrade on. It's happening again with 2.10 (only now RTSP is turned on that port) so must be another feature interfering.

Will backup config. Factory reset. Perform upgrade. Restore config. Should this work will then share config with MikroTik.

LeftyTs
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:35 am

I have exactly the same issue with my CSS106-1G-4P-1S too. I had issues upgrading to 2.9 (Ticket#2019011422007131) and found that was linked to whether I'd turned off RTSP on the port I was doing the upgrade on. It's happening again with 2.10 (only now RTSP is turned on that port) so must be another feature interfering.

Will backup config. Factory reset. Perform upgrade. Restore config. Should this work will then share config with MikroTik.
Very good observation! I had RSTP off in all ports. By turning RSTP back on all ports upgrade worked!

Matthew1471
just joined

Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:04 pm

Very good observation! I had RSTP off in all ports. By turning RSTP back on all ports upgrade worked!
You're welcome. Thanks for your reply, I just turned RSTP on all ports back on and the upgrade succeeded. Looks like it's not just the port you're doing the upgrade on this time but needs to be on for other ports as well.

I'll e-mail MikroTik support again :)

MiYosa51
just joined

Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello,
How was your experience? Some of my friends tell me that this version is not that much good. what to do? Is it true?