emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

WinBox v3.25 released!

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:40 pm

What's new in v3.25:

*) added "Find Next - F3" tooltip for Find field;
*) added support for CTRL+ and CTRL- keyboard shortcuts for Zoom in and Zoom out;
*) added support for DNS names in address type fields;
*) do not scroll to first log entry when minimizing WinBox if Log window was open;
*) fixed crash when an active Terminal window was opened when WinBox was minimized;
*) fixed crash when opening session with Health window open;
*) fixed multiple "peer" parameter presence when editing an IPsec policy;
*) fixed secure connection establishment after trying to connect to legacy mode devices;
*) fixed session file size increase with each WinBox usage;
*) improved window resizing and scaling behavior on systems that include high DPI monitors;
*) show disabled item icons in gray;

If you experience version related issues, then please report them to support@mikrotik.com.

Both Winbox 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available here:
https://www.mikrotik.com/download

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WinBox v3.25 released!

Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:43 pm

Problem with moving firewall rules and jumping around randomly has not been resolved.

So winbox >3.21 is still not usable.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:22 pm

What is the advantage (uses of),
"* added support for DNS names in address type fields;" ?

Kindis

Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:45 pm

What's new in v3.25:

*) improved window resizing and scaling behavior on systems that include high DPI monitors;
YES finally I can have Safe Mode Enabled and not fear that I forget to disable it and trying to close Winbox. Before the prompt if I still would like to close was not formatted correctly and I could only select Yes. No I can see all options and select no!

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:31 pm

It is a very nice addition and makes it easier to use external IP addresses in rules/line without first to have resolve it manually. It is a one-time-resolve and if you have to use dynamic then a addresslist could be used.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm

Problem with moving firewall rules and jumping around randomly has not been resolved.
What a pity... it appears they do not consider it important. I cannot believe it is difficult to reproduce because it is
reported by several users and occurs under different operating systems...

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:47 pm

It is a very nice addition and makes it easier to use external IP addresses in rules/line without first to have resolve it manually. It is a one-time-resolve and if you have to use dynamic then a addresslist could be used.
can you give an example?

Traveller

Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Plus and Minus on additional digital keyboard don't work.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:16 pm

can you give an example?
Oke
Example.JPG
Example-1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:22 pm

@msatter: It must be something else, this has worked for years.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:44 pm

It seems then that we have to wait till after this weekend before we know what Mikrotik means with that.

I noticed that the CTRL+ or CTRL- did not work with me.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:28 pm

Hope the ROS makes the resolving, not the winbox itself in the system of the client... If not, it is reason for subsequent errors...

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Hope the ROS makes the resolving, not the winbox itself in the system of the client... If not, it is reason for subsequent errors...
In the already existing OTR (one-time-resolve) it uses the DNS of the router. I tested it with a domain only existing in static DNS of router. That domain is not present in the DNS that the client uses.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm

It's the opposite and it's been always like this (and confusing beginners). For example, if you do "ping some.hostname.tld" in terminal, it uses resolver on router and you'll see it added in cache. If you enter some.hostname.tld in Tools->Ping in WinBox, then it's WinBox doing the resolving on the client where it runs. When you check router's dns cache, you won't find it there (assuming that client doesn't use the same router as own resolver).

ErfanDL

Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 pm

where is dark mode ???????

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

IPAsupport
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:13 am

*) added support for CTRL+ and CTRL- keyboard shortcuts for Zoom in and Zoom out;
That's something I can be thankful for with my lazy eyes

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:50 am

It's the opposite and it's been always like this (and confusing beginners). For example, if you do "ping some.hostname.tld" in terminal, it uses resolver on router and you'll see it added in cache. If you enter some.hostname.tld in Tools->Ping in WinBox, then it's WinBox doing the resolving on the client where it runs. When you check router's dns cache, you won't find it there (assuming that client doesn't use the same router as own resolver).
Therefore I thought that it could be "corrected" now... :-)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:07 pm

For example, if you do "ping some.hostname.tld" in terminal, it uses resolver on router and you'll see it added in cache. If you enter some.hostname.tld in Tools->Ping in WinBox, then it's WinBox doing the resolving on the client where it runs.
Why would they do that? There should be no reason for winbox to touch user input unless it is required by the router...
The new function where you could e.g. use a DNS name in a firewall rule and it will be resolved one-time could be done in winbox as a quick fix, but it would be better when the router does it (so it also works in terminal). It seems "easy" to make one function for that which does the syntax validation and possible resolving.

Cisco IOS has done this for ages. You enter a DNS name in a config term line and when you then show the config it has been replaced by a literal IP address.

ahlvhin1985
just joined

Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:00 pm

When I update to Winbox v3.25, on the Hotspot>Active tab, everything is ok, the connection is ok. But in the event when turn to Hotspot>Host tab, everything is gone wrong, everybody in the hotspot has been disconnected, then when I back to the Hotspot>Active tab, all the active has been disconnected. Pls, refer to the attached pic...

For now, I'll back using v3.24 which is back to normal status...

BTW, my unit is hap ac2...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krafg
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:45 pm

*) fixed crash when an active Terminal window was opened when WinBox was minimized;
Thanks for that!

Regards.

BostjanC
just joined

Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:41 pm

CTRL+ or CTRL- did not work with me.

upnort

Sun Aug 30, 2020 1:12 am

* What is the related RSS feed to be notified when Winbox is updated?

* Is there a way to copy the change log from within Winbox? (Irrelevant if there is an RSS feed that includes the change log.)

I am aware of the following RSS feeds, none of which seem to contain Winbox release news:

mikrotik.com/bugfix.rss
mikrotik.com/current.rss
mikrotik.com/download.rss

As an admin I want an automated way to know when there are new Winbox releases. Checking this forum is not automated and while users could manually check for Winbox updates, I guarantee this seldom happens.

Thanks!

thims
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 am

*) fixed session file size increase with each WinBox usage;
Wow... It looks like these issues are really fixed now. At least on my 3 computers.
Last edited by thims on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

chebedewel
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:20 am

Well ... for me (and a few colleagues), it's CTRL = is zoom in and for zoom out it's CTRL ù
That's on a french azerty keyboard, running wine 5.16 on Arch Linux

magistryoda
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:11 am

CTRL+ or CTRL- did not work with me.
you probably use right numeric pad with plus and minus, those have differ scan codes and won't work unless MT add it as synonymic alternative

oskarsk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:28 am

Thank you for your reports, someone with an issue regarding "jumping" firewall rules, please contact us, support@mikrotik.com.

BostjanC
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:12 am

What's new in v3.25:

CTRL+ and CTRL- keyboard shortcuts for Zoom in and Zoom out work in Firefox, Chrome, Adobe products. Not in this release of WinBox.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:13 am

This is a topic about Winbox, how is it related to Adobe?
Make sure you use the key next to zero on the main key area, not in the numpad. As written above, numpad issue is already acknowledged.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:21 am

A it's the other - and + keys that we normally use. Never thought of that being different but clearly it is here.

It now works even on a keyboard with a numeric keypad using the other keys. While holding the CTRL key you tend to use the outer - and + keys on the keyboard.

bratislav
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:25 am

What's new in v3.25:
CTRL+ and CTRL- keyboard shortcuts for Zoom in and Zoom out work in Firefox, Chrome, Adobe products. Not in this release of WinBox.
I thought you are confusing Webfig and WinBox until you mentioned Adobe ... so unless you are confusing Adobe with Microsoft Edge I really do not nderstand what you are talking about ...

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm

A it's the other - and + keys that we normally use. Never thought of that being different but clearly it is here.
Well, technically, there's a "dash" key on main keyboard and "minus" key on numpad. The difference is width: "minus" and "plus" signs have the same width, dash is short :) Historically, on Windows both keys produce the same sign - a dash.
- - dash
- minus
+ - plus

jeetlal
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:13 pm

When I update to Winbox v3.25, on the Hotspot>Active tab, everything is ok, the connection is ok. But in the event when turn to Hotspot>Host tab, everything is gone wrong, everybody in the hotspot has been disconnected, then when I back to the Hotspot>Active tab, all the active has been disconnected. Pls, refer to the attached pic...

Same issue here

When I click IP hotspot host winbox get hand and close

I also noticed when I disable hotspot dynamic entry which is created by Hotspot in IP Firewall filter and nat and queues not removed

When I again enable hotspot multiple duplicate entry created in IP Firewall filter, nat and queues

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:23 pm

You can say that this version has a killer feature.
Open CAPsMAN, click on "Radio" tab and watch all your CAPs disconnect.
Also keeping that tab open will not let any CAP connect back. "failed to connect, timeout".
LE: they do come back eventualy but nothing shows up on the Radio tab though.
Not fun, not fun at all.
This version should be taken down fast.

morf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:05 pm

If you use version 3.25 and go to IP - > Hotspot, hotspot does not behave adequately and resets all authorizations: internal error: login error: failed to add an address list rule: there is already such an entry (6)
There is no such thing on 3.24.

wuffzack
just joined

Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:24 pm

Also keeping that tab open will not let any CAP connect back. "failed to connect, timeout".
I am running 9 CAPs (18 radios) and cannot reproduce this. All CAPs are running RouterOS 6.47.2
CAPsMAN runs on CCR1009 with RouterOS 6.47.2

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:18 am

I am running 9 CAPs (18 radios) and cannot reproduce this. All CAPs are running RouterOS 6.47.2
The same for me, I was clicking between different tabs, no disconnects happened.

joegoldman
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:02 am

Problems with Winbox UI I'd like to see fixed

1) Category Grouping

Happening for quite a while, it used to work as expected - the 'Show Categories' grouping only bases and groups based on 'First Character' (on any field), for instance if I have 5 routers with Username 'joe' and 5 routes with username 'james' all 10 would be grouped together under same category 'J'
This becomes a bigger issue when I want to use the 'Group' option to section off my routers. If 2 sites start with same Letter, they get mixed. I've been able to work around this for the short term by going '0 - Group 1', '1 - Group 2' etc, to give a unique prefix number/letter, but it'd be nice to be able to group them properly 'Group 1', 'Group 2' and have the header be seen properly.

2) Column ordering

Whether in actual router Winbox, or just the managed list before connecting - I'd like to be able to re-order columns. Specifically in managed list, as I'd much prefer 'note' to be first and not address. A lot of routers I connect to via RoMON - and having their MAC address as the first piece of info is not helpful, the note is where I put the system identity so I know what I want to connect to - that would be much more helpful up front, or better, being able to order the columns to personal preference.

w0lt
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:24 am

Not fun, not fun at all.
The only time I see this happen is when you click on the radio tab, and then select a previously provisioned radio, then hit provision. Seems to come right back though. That's all I've experienced...Nothing really...

Saleh9416
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:32 am

Same here!!

ahlvhin1985
just joined

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:31 am

Same here!!
,No reply at all...

morf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:34 am

Same here!!
,No reply at all...
+++

karlisi

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:35 am

Not fun, not fun at all.
The same here, ROS 6.45.9. Yesterday we almost raised security alarm, because entire wireless network suddenly was down, until I discovered it was me using Winbox. Crazy!

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:13 am

ROS 6.44.5 ... CAPSMA & WiFi killed with 3.25

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:29 am

I've noticed some CAPSMAN ACL rules removed when I used 3.25. Not all.
There is also autospout.rif file generated.

morf
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 am

ROS 6.44.5 ... CAPSMA & WiFi killed with 3.25
And HOTSPOT!

DolceVii
just joined

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:34 am

WinBox v3.25 (64)
first my data on DNS cache disappeared... after many times, when I opened and closed the DNS window, they came back. but I see that it does a autosupout.rif file
RouterOS v6.47.2 @ hAP ac lite and old RB600A and RB493AH and RB2011UiAS-2HnD

CTRL + or CTRL - won't work

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:45 am

Observation.

WinBox 3.25 removed all CAPSMAN ACL rules following the one which held Polish diacritic letter in a comment.
This particular rule persists but is cleared.
Router was not rebooted.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:11 am

Maybe because i have them running on 6.46.6. I only have 4 CAPs. This is how they usualy look, from terminal, in 3.25 clicking on the Radio tab I don't get the chance to see any of them, just the logs showing that they are joining back.
/caps-man radio> print
Flags: L - local, P - provisioned 
 #    RADIO-MAC         INTERFACE                              REMOTE-CAP-NAME                              REMOTE-CAP-IDENTITY                             
 0  P C4:AD:34:D0:95:6E eth-rd-z3-cap3-1                       CAP-C4AD34D0956C                             eth-rd-z3-cap3                                  
 1  P C4:AD:34:D0:95:6F eth-rd-z3-cap3-2                       CAP-C4AD34D0956C                             eth-rd-z3-cap3                                  
 2  P C4:AD:34:D0:92:D6 eth-rd-z3-cap1-1                       CAP-C4AD34D092D4                             eth-rd-z3-cap1                                  
 3  P C4:AD:34:D0:92:D7 eth-rd-z3-cap1-2                       CAP-C4AD34D092D4                             eth-rd-z3-cap1                                  
 4  P C4:AD:34:D0:92:9A eth-rd-z3-cap2-1                       CAP-C4AD34D09298                             eth-rd-z3-cap2                                  
 5  P C4:AD:34:D0:92:9B eth-rd-z3-cap2-2                       CAP-C4AD34D09298                             eth-rd-z3-cap2                                  
 6  P C4:AD:34:D0:95:1A eth-rd-z3-cap4-1                       CAP-C4AD34D09518                             eth-rd-z3-cap4                                  
 7  P C4:AD:34:D0:95:1B eth-rd-z3-cap4-2                       CAP-C4AD34D09518                             eth-rd-z3-cap4

Maybe something in the identity/interface names causes this? beats me. They are also running in CAPsMAN forwarding mode.
I also think this version is responsible for the autosupout.rif files I'm finding in the routers after I browse through some settings without even changing anything.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:26 pm

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We have reproduced the problem with Hotspot and will work on a fix for that.
We also managed to reproduce the wireless issue. In order to resolve the problem, you have to run at least RouterOS v6.47. We will backport the required fix also to the upcoming long-term releases.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:03 pm

IMHO You shold fix WinBox not ROS ASAP as upgrade to ROS > 6.47 is not always possible

karlisi

Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:12 pm

IMHO You shold fix WinBox not ROS ASAP as upgrade to ROS > 6.47 is not always possible
And remove Winbox 3.25 from downloads and upgrade ASAP.

bratislav
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:36 pm

And remove Winbox 3.25 from downloads and upgrade ASAP.
After struggling for some time with firewall order issue and now with all this wireless killer bugs I am reverting back to winbox64-3.21 that seems to work the best ...
Maybe it is time to introduce the same beta/stable/longterm releases schema as used in ROS to WinBox too since it is pretty important tool for most users ...

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:11 pm

WinBox and RouterOS communication is a two way street. This time RouterOS causes the problem.

Here are links to v3.24 if you want to wait for a fix for the Hotspot issue.
http://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/w ... winbox.exe
http://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/w ... nbox64.exe

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:17 pm

Really?
I reported problem with ROS 6.44 + Winbox 3.25 therefore:

Winbox <3.25 is buggy and do not report errors but 3.25 does
or
3.25 has bugs and messes with configuration behind the scene
or
3.25 correctly reports ROS hidden problems

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Newer WinBox versions shouldn't break client's routers running stable, older ROS versions, disconnecting CAPs or whatever else the current version is able to kill or mess up with.
Or atleast there should be some warning regarding this, when it encounters unsupported (anymore) ROS versions instead of the current unfortunate behaviour.
I won't upgrade to 6.47.2 just to be able to use the latest WinBox unless there's some serious security issue with the older ROS.
I'm skeptic about the 6.47.x versions so far to put them in production.
I do play with two routers running 7.1beta2 but those aren't in production environment and I don't care that much at home if my Netflix hiccups for some reason.
I'll keep an eye for autosupouts. If I don't encounter them anymore than this settles that WB 3.25 was the cause for those also (in 6.46.6 and 7.1beta2).
LE: now that I think of it, could this WB version be the cause for the issue I've posted here? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165248#p813882
Last edited by Znevna on Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

karlisi

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Or atleast there should be some warning regarding this, when it encounters unsupported (anymore) ROS versions instead of the current unfortunate behaviour.
ROS 6.45.9 is supported, this is the latest long-term version. So, while we are waiting for backporting something (we don't know what) from stable to long-term, Winbox 3.25 should be removed from downloads and from built-in upgrade, or at least there should be two versions downloadable from MikroTik page - for ROS 4.72 and above, and for older versions.

xbipin
just joined

Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:14 pm

how can we force to not follow system DPI setting?

aysan

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:22 pm

I faced the same problem. When I downgraded to 3.24 everything works fine...

Last edited by aysan on Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:45 pm

I faced the same problem. When I downgraded to 3.34 everything works fine...

Back in the future.....

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:53 pm

+1000000% same issue with Winbox 3.25 release and 6.45.9 and hotspot active tab!! Completely disconnected ALL active hotspot users and breaks. I had to dump all users from the queue.

Not good, As I'm going to get angry phone call from this hotspot customer.

I do not see version 3.24 available to download, wtf?

wuffzack
just joined

Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:23 am

I do not see version 3.24 available to download, wtf?
Links are in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=165525#p814444

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:13 am

Hi,
"Micro font" problem on MS Surface laptops is sill here on windows interface upscale to 150-175%...
Too bad...

bda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:15 am

how can we force to not follow system DPI setting?
I join to this question too.

wuffzack
just joined

Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:28 am

Hi,
"Micro font" problem on MS Surface laptops is sill here on windows interface upscale to 150-175%...
A workaround is using "High DPI compatibility settings".
Right-click winbox (shortcut), "Compatibility" Tab, "Change High DPI settings" (I'm translating back to English from non-English Windows), check "Override High DPI Scaling" checkbox at the bottom, select "System" in the now enabled drop-down menu.
Hope this helps.

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:13 am

I agree with this. It may be caused by a ROS bug but surely there is some way you can have Winbox check the RouterOS version and adjust its behavior based on the version? Perhaps you can use the old code if the ROS version is older and doesn't have the patch for this bug.

We are fairly conservative internally when it comes to upgrades and do not upgrade often, so we are still largely on 6.44.5. I do not want somebody to accidentally knock wireless offline by installing a new Winbox, if they do not know the issue.

Saleh9416
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:02 am

Newer WinBox versions shouldn't break client's routers running stable, older ROS versions, disconnecting CAPs or whatever else the current version is able to kill or mess up with.
+1

toxicfusion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:45 am

+1
+1

As I also experienced breakage of HotSpot and Caps... I had mini panic attack for clients network

xbipin
just joined

Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:32 am

Hi,
A workaround is using "High DPI compatibility settings".
Right-click winbox (shortcut), "Compatibility" Tab, "Change High DPI settings" (I'm translating back to English from non-English Windows), check "Override High DPI Scaling" checkbox at the bottom, select "System" in the now enabled drop-down menu.
Hope this helps.
i tried this but its not as good as 3.20, im trying to get the behavior back

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:40 am

WinBox v3.26 has been released:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=165712