Community discussions

MikroTik App

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

v6.47.4 [stable] is released!

Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:57 am

RouterOS version 6.47.4 has been released in public "stable" channel!

Before an upgrade:
1) Remember to make backup/export files before an upgrade and save them on another storage device;
2) Make sure the device will not lose power during upgrade process;
3) Device has enough free storage space for all RouterOS packages to be downloaded.

What's new in 6.47.4 (2020-Sep-16 11:32):

Changes in this release:

*) bridge - fixed STP alternate and backup port states for devices with switch chip (introduced in v6.47);
*) crs3xx - fixed IGMP snooping for CRS312, CRS326-24S+2Q+ and CRS354 devices;
*) crs3xx - fixed switch port "egress-rate" removal for CRS305, CRS326-24G-2S+, CRS328, CRS318 devices;
*) fetch - fixed "src-address" usage for SFTP;
*) filesystem - improved long-term filesystem stability and data integrity;
*) hotspot - ignore packets from host while MAC authentication is in progress;
*) kidcontrol - fixed "time-unlimited-rate" to engage in correct time;
*) smb - fixed possible memory leak (CVE-2020-11881);
*) sms - fixed SMS sending when both "interface" and "smsc" parameters are specified;
*) snmp - fixed "/tool snmp-get" functionality (introduced in v 6.46beta43);
*) user-manager - updated PayPal's root certificate authorities;
*) wireless - added support for U-NII-2 for wAP ac;
*) wireless - updated "canada" regulatory domain information;
*) wireless - updated "united states" regulatory domain information;

To upgrade, click "Check for updates" at /system package in your RouterOS configuration interface, or head to our download page: http://www.mikrotik.com/download

If you experience version related issues, then please send supout file from your router to support@mikrotik.com. File must be generated while router is not working as suspected or after some problem has appeared on device

Please keep this forum topic strictly related to this particular RouterOS release.

Ixander
just joined

Re: v6.47.4 [stable] is released!

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:17 am

On the version 6.47.4 command repartition (e.g. "/partitions repartition partitions =2") causes the router's cyclic reboot (about every 10 seconds). On versions 6.47.x situation the same.
Reset didn't help, I've been able to repare it only with netinstall
On the version 6.46.7 this command works correctly

model: 951Ui-2HnD
revision: r2
firmware-type: ar9344
factory-firmware: 6.46.1
current-firmware: 6.47.4
upgrade-firmware: 6.47.4

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:14 am

One of my CCR1009's appears to have developed a memory leak. It had been running 6.47 and and uptime of 3.5 months and yesterday it crashed due to kernel fault, out of memory.
As there was a network interruption anyway I upgraded it, to 6.47.3 as that was the newest available yesterday, and now I see it is steadily using up memory again.
In 11 hours of uptime it went from 275MB used (typical for this router) to 535MB used, or about 23.5MB per hour.
(I am used to some memory usage increase that first increases more rapidly and than flats out but not to this level)

Can this be caused by the problem fixed in this release? (i.e. has it been released now due to reports like this from the field?)
I am not using SMB on this router and it has been firewalled. Can that bug still lead to this memory use?
If not, how can I debug this? I don't think it is due to a configuration change, more likely due to some new (exploit?) traffic that causes this.
I took a supout.rif and uploaded it to the mikrotik.com site, but how can I find from that info where all this memory is being used?

Wangz

Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:29 am

One of my CCR1009's appears to have developed a memory leak. It had been running 6.47 and and uptime of 3.5 months and yesterday it crashed due to kernel fault, out of memory.
As there was a network interruption anyway I upgraded it, to 6.47.3 as that was the newest available yesterday, and now I see it is steadily using up memory again.
In 11 hours of uptime it went from 275MB used (typical for this router) to 535MB used, or about 23.5MB per hour.
(I am used to some memory usage increase that first increases more rapidly and than flats out but not to this level)

Can this be caused by the problem fixed in this release? (i.e. has it been released now due to reports like this from the field?)
I am not using SMB on this router and it has been firewalled. Can that bug still lead to this memory use?
If not, how can I debug this? I don't think it is due to a configuration change, more likely due to some new (exploit?) traffic that causes this.
I took a supout.rif and uploaded it to the mikrotik.com site, but how can I find from that info where all this memory is being used?
Same with my Hap Ac2 actually. It was slowly developing a memory leak. From 80MB to 55 and it still going. After i restarted the mikrotik, things work fine then cycle repeats.

rchovan
just joined

Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:18 pm

After upgrade from 6.47.3 my device stopped working. I was not able to connect over ethernet or WiFi. Even after restore config. I had to do netinstall. Then router booted again. But it is shame, that standard tools like restore backup or restore from RSC does not work. I have tried with releases and backups from 6.47.2 to .4 but I was not able to restore config from backup or RSC. Even reset configuration with option run ater reset does not work. It is even not possible to copy/paste whole export config, I had to copy paste config manually by 20-30 lines.

routerboard: yes
        board-name: hAP ac^2
             model: RBD52G-5HacD2HnD
     serial-number: 9EF709C73784
     firmware-type: ipq4000L
  factory-firmware: 6.42.3
  current-firmware: 6.44.3

al3xeezer
just joined

Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:45 pm

*) fetch - fixed "src-address" usage for SFTP;
Seems to be fixed, ty!

However, I've done a couple of tests trying to upload/download some files to/from a server and I'm getting really low transfer speeds (~100KiB/s). Has anyone experienced the same type of behavior?

pendie
just joined

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 pm

Same with my Hap Ac2 actually. It was slowly developing a memory leak. From 80MB to 55 and it still going. After i restarted the mikrotik, things work fine then cycle repeats.
do you use doh (dns over https) ? it will reduce the amount of your memory

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:17 pm

No I don't use it. The router has standard DNS servers and barely uses DNS at all. (it is not a resolver for other systems in the network)

In the meantime I have discovered that another router which is on the same segment has a similar behavior, but there it does not consume memory all the time but in few-hours-no few-hours-yes cycles. I am waiting for an interval where the memory usage rises, as that 2nd router has far less traffic so I can observe if there is unusual traffic incoming.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:27 pm

No I don't use it. The router has standard DNS servers and barely uses DNS at all. (it is not a resolver for other systems in the network)
I have located the problem and will inform MikroTik in de support case I had opened for it. It happens to be another DNS resolver bug (not DoH related).

bgp4
just joined

Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:50 am

An ipipv6 tunnel problem remains in 6.47.4. When pppoe client disconnect and then reconnect, ipv6 address of device is changed , but local address of ipipv6 tunnel is not changed (ipv6 firewall connection print), and the tunnel is down actually.
I didn't configure "local-address" value. I think it should be changed automatically. Please fix it.
My config:
    [admin@MT] > int ipipv6 print detail
    Flags: X - disabled, R - running
    0 R name="v6tun" mtu=auto actual-mtu=1440 local-address=::
    remote-address=xxxxxxxxxxx.sn.mynetname.net
    current-remote-address=240e:3a1:1234:5678::1
    dscp=inherit clamp-tcp-mss=yes 

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:54 am

An ipipv6 tunnel problem remains in 6.47.4. When pppoe client disconnect and then reconnect, ipv6 address of device is changed , but local address of ipipv6 tunnel is not changed (ipv6 firewall connection print), and the tunnel is down actually.
I didn't configure "local-address" value. I think it should be changed automatically. Please fix it.
You can easily write a script to fix that!

qbic

Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:44 am

It's not directly related to this release (or is it?). This is the first release that cant fit in 16mb device (no extra stuff in the flash, no log files, nothing....). So I've upgraded using netinstall which is pain in the ...

Some devices with 16mb flash will never be able to update without netinstall... (for example RB941-2nD).
Maybe it would be a good idea to have minimal version without some tools (available in packages on demand). Less experienced users are basically denied from auto upgrades right now and it creates extra security risk for them.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:02 pm

It is caused by the combined package. That was a dumb idea that never should have been introduced. Before that, you could just delete unneeded packages, now you can only disable them but they still take space.
When you have this issue, see which packages you need, one time download the zip file with all packages and upload only the needed packages to the router.
(e.g. system, advanced-tools, dhcp, ppp, wireless)
(first you can experiment with the combined package and disable all things you think you don't need (mpls, hotspot, routing etc) and see if all still works OK)
Then when you have uploaded the separate packages, reboot the router and only those packages will be installed and you have more space and require less for the upgrade. So automatic upgrade again works as before.

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:14 pm

I have located the problem and will inform MikroTik in de support case I had opened for it. It happens to be another DNS resolver bug (not DoH related).
Nice work pe1chl. Out of curiosity, how did you find out the issue, what did you observe?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:58 pm

Nice work pe1chl. Out of curiosity, how did you find out the issue, what did you observe?
I happen to have another router on the same network and it had the same problem. That is a CHR with a lot less memory so it crashed a lot sooner.
As this router does not pass that much traffic as the CCR (it was originally installed to run Dude but I don't use that anymore, but the router remains as a backup to access the main one via MAC when it should be required, and I also use it for testing config experiments) I could observe the network traffic and see what scenario caused it.
I rather not publish the actual scenario until it has been fixed, as it can be abused by some people who want to remotely crash a router.

bratislav
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:22 am

On the version 6.47.4 command repartition (e.g. "/partitions repartition partitions =2") causes the router's cyclic reboot (about every 10 seconds). On versions 6.47.x situation the same.

Those are RouterBOARD bootloader firmware versions ... are you upgrading just that?
What are yours system package versions?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:41 am

Those are RouterBOARD bootloader firmware versions ... are you upgrading just that?
While this is in general a good remark, in this case you can glean the currently running RouterOS version from the firmware versions that he posted!

2jarek
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:46 pm

In this version Dude server on multicore CCR not works properly.

nmt1900
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Something has beed wrong with Dude beginning from some earlier 6.47.x version. Constant "connection reset by peer" and another errors of similar kind.

Now I accidentally happened to see, that after these errors SD card is not visible in System -> Disks window and command /disk print shows only partial information (name and free space information missing), but this returns to normal immediately after Dude server is stopped. It looks like Dude server is screwing something up with storage when running. That might actually explain these connection errors and Dude sessions crashing etc.

It does not have to do with the current SD card itself as the card is checked with the computer and reformatted. Then I tried to use another "fresh out of the box" SD card and exactly same scenario occured again.

shahani

Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:44 pm

After entering the Wi-Fi network, the hotspot login screen will not be displayed on some mobile devices.

staticsafe
just joined

Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:02 am

Anybody using this version with a SFP interface? Was the bug introduced with 6.47 with SFP interfaces not getting a link been fixed?

my primary router (a hAP ac) is getting internet via SFP and I'm still running 6.46.6, I'd prefer to run the latest stable but only if the SFP interface works.

Wangz

Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Nope just regular.

Ixander
just joined

Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:04 am

No, I've updated the whole system (all packages are 6.47.4)
 system package print 
Flags: X - disabled 
 #   NAME                                                                                          VERSION                                                                                          SCHEDULED              
 0   routeros-mipsbe                                                                               6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 1   system                                                                                        6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 2 X ipv6                                                                                          6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 3   wireless                                                                                      6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 4   hotspot                                                                                       6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 5   mpls                                                                                          6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 6   routing                                                                                       6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 7   ppp                                                                                           6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 8   dhcp                                                                                          6.47.4                                                                                                                  
 9   security                                                                                      6.47.4                                                                                                                  
10   advanced-tools                                                                                6.47.4                        

andyhenckel

Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Something has beed wrong with Dude beginning from some earlier 6.47.x version. Constant "connection reset by peer" and another errors of similar kind.

Now I accidentally happened to see, that after these errors SD card is not visible in System -> Disks window and command /disk print shows only partial information (name and free space information missing), but this returns to normal immediately after Dude server is stopped. It looks like Dude server is screwing something up with storage when running. That might actually explain these connection errors and Dude sessions crashing etc.

It does not have to do with the current SD card itself as the card is checked with the computer and reformatted. Then I tried to use another "fresh out of the box" SD card and exactly same scenario occured again.
I've got the same problem. 6.47.4 the dude on RB1100AH dude edition with disk1 - 256GB SSD installed - DB now at 2 GB. I vaccumed and adjusted our polling and retention to minimal values. (I keep upgrading in the hopes the issue with go away) . Prior versions were working - though occasionally it would hang up for up to a minute before I could do anything. Basically, this dude instance is barely usable. Now it will go into connection reset by peer, while using it or editing a node record. Then it will re-connect, and is fine - as long as I don't use it. I really don't know what to do other than get a new device and start over, with fewer than 150 Nodes and little to no long term data collection on an instance. One thing I did start doing was having the dude scan a subnet every hour, to track new devices on a subnet - useful when a client antenna moves from sector to sector.

pito
just joined

Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:58 am

I cant install current frmwre to hAP lite "smips".
no space! =(

santyx32
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:15 am

no space! =(
Export your config and netinstall :(

mszru
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:53 am

no space! =(
You may try to install current "long-term" version first and then upgrade to this "stable".

6.46.7 - 7464 KB (current long-term)
6.47.3 - 7580 KB (previous stable)
6.47.4 - 7628 KB (current stable)

6.46.7 is one of the smallest builds of RouterOS for smips, that should allow you to install larger build.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:00 pm

no space! =(
Install an older/smaller version of the software like 6.44.x then upgrade

nmt1900
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:19 pm

I've got the same problem. 6.47.4 the dude on RB1100AH dude edition with disk1 - 256GB SSD installed - DB now at 2 GB....
Well... 1100Dx4 and Dude on big network - it's been tried and abandoned after two attempts. First time - Dude worked for about 4 days until it went 100% CPU and only reboot cured it. Second time rendered whole router inaccessible, but luckily all networking still worked fine. Had to cold reboot by cutting power.

Finally ended up with 1100x4 with 60 GB disk for logs etc. Dude can be used on small networks without problems, but probably less so on the router itself in big networks. Separate Dude server might be a better idea in these cases...

AntoineS
just joined

Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:46 pm

Anybody using this version with a SFP interface? Was the bug introduced with 6.47 with SFP interfaces not getting a link been fixed?
Hi, I confirm the same problem on my RB3011. I have raised a ticket and the bug has been solved in a beta firmware I have tested. I believe (hope) the fix will be shipped in the next release.

staticsafe
just joined

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Hi, I confirm the same problem on my RB3011. I have raised a ticket and the bug has been solved in a beta firmware I have tested. I believe (hope) the fix will be shipped in the next release.
Thanks Antoine! I'll wait for the fix to be shipped then.

CoMMyz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:33 pm

I confirm this no longer works. run-after-reset is now broken. Also flashfig is now broken and will not execute scripts on boot after flashfigged. 6.46.7 also is broken.
After upgrade from 6.47.3 my device stopped working. I was not able to connect over ethernet or WiFi. Even after restore config. I had to do netinstall. Then router booted again. But it is shame, that standard tools like restore backup or restore from RSC does not work. I have tried with releases and backups from 6.47.2 to .4 but I was not able to restore config from backup or RSC. Even reset configuration with option run ater reset does not work. It is even not possible to copy/paste whole export config, I had to copy paste config manually by 20-30 lines.

board-name: hAP ac^2
             model: RBD52G-5HacD2HnD
     serial-number: 9EF709C73784
     firmware-type: ipq4000L
  factory-firmware: 6.42.3
  current-firmware: 6.44.3

biomesh
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:05 pm

It worked for me a week or so ago when I deployed a new cap ac. You need to make sure the config is stored in the /flash directory to make sure it is available after the reset. I used 6.47.4.
I confirm this no longer works. run-after-reset is now broken. Also flashfig is now broken and will not execute scripts on boot after flashfigged. 6.46.7 also is broken.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:34 am

• export.rsc must be modify, you must put a new first line "delay 20s ;" and that new file upload to RB
  • export4mod.rsc must be at /flash if that folder exist

CoMMyz
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:07 am

Yes, the file is in flash/file.rsc and we call the reset with that parameter. Same way as it was in previous versions and it was working. After upgrade this has stopped.
There is a delay in the script also at start 15 seconds again as in previous versions.

These tips you are mentioning are also required for past versions so unless "nothing" changed as per Mikrotik then this new version is broken.
It worked for me a week or so ago when I deployed a new cap ac. You need to make sure the config is stored in the /flash directory to make sure it is available after the reset. I used 6.47.4.

Ferda
just joined

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:34 am

After updating to 6.47.4, my IPTV stopped working. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help.

MDE
just joined

Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:23 am

After updating to 6.47.4, my IPTV stopped working. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thank you in advance for your help.
Downgrade :)

Sent from my VTR-L29 using Tapatalk

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 pm

Yep, downgrade and check if it's fixed for you.

IPTV is very wide term, so it's not easy to help without additional info.

rchovan
just joined

Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:58 am

• export.rsc must be modify, you must put a new first line "delay 20s ;" and that new file upload to RB
  • export4mod.rsc must be at /flash if that folder exist
Thanks, I'm aware of delay, tried 15 and 30 seconds. Didn't help.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:19 pm

rchovan
Thanks, I'm aware of delay, tried 15 and 30 seconds. Didn't help.
you can reset configuration (without default)
login winbox via MAC layer
/import original-script.rsc
watch error

after fixing error you must repat reset to clear setting and again import... until you found a proper syntax in script or bug what you can report to support@mikrotik.com .
But, all this should be obvious I think.
My scripts who generate a new branch via that way have in some parts the /system identity set name="dhcp done"; and I from winbox see the detected RB with part he stuck with error.

Linux64
just joined

traffic-flow missing source port 99% of the time now

Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:36 am

Not sure if this is specific to 6.47.4 or not, but we are doing carrier grade NAT on our mikrotik and logging the translations. This has been working great all year. Recently we upgraded to 6.47.4 and found a bug.

The postNATPTSourceTransportPort value is 0 in 99.999% of the flows. It should be something like 51413.

The router is configured thusly:

/ip traffic-flow
set enabled=yes interfaces=WAN-VRRP,WAN-VRRP-v6
/ip traffic-flow target
add dst-address=100.64.0.10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: traffic-flow missing source port 99% of the time now

Wed Oct 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Recently we upgraded to 6.47.4
From what version?

osc86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:37 pm

I also encountered problems with IPTV or multicast in general.
I opened up a ticket with MT support, and currently there seems to be a bug where the "multicast-router=pemanent" bridge setting is ignored after reboot.
Here is the response I got:
The joins are not forwarded to the bridge interface (and further to VLANs) when the bridge thinks it is not a multicast router. I managed to repeat this behavior when rebooting the device. It seems that after reboot, the "multicast-router=permanent" configuration on the bridge interface is ignored and you need to manually disable/enable this property, for example:
/interface bridge set [find name=bridge] multicast-router=disabled
/interface bridge set [find name=bridge] multicast-router=permanent
This solution solved my problems.

Linux64
just joined

Re: traffic-flow missing source port 99% of the time now

Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:39 pm

Recently we upgraded to 6.47.4
From what version?
Good question...not entirely sure. I think it was an earlier 6.47 but could be wrong.

Jimmy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:53 am

can't set antenna gain why set to regular domain? I use denmark ?

chaykov
just joined

Thu Oct 08, 2020 12:54 am

Hey, i have the new RBD53iG-5HacD2HnD (ac3) After last update the lights on port from 2 to 5 not working. All ports working normal... any suggestions?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:13 pm

When a device requests a lease from the DHCP server, then its hostname is changed and the device rebooted so the lease is requested again, the Hostname in the DHCP Leases list is not updated. Only when the lease is deleted in the DHCP Leases list and then re-requested by the device, the Hostname is updated.
It is incovenient because all phones on the network initially connect under a plain standard name which is then later changed to an owner-specific name (e.g. the owner name is appended to it), but this never shows up in the leases list as long as the lease gets renewed.

osc86
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:48 pm

Another DHCP feature I request is when a static lease is added, a static ARP entry for this IP Address should also be created. On Interfaces with arp=reply-only this is very useful. When a device later uses the static address instead of dhcp, communication breaks if the ARP entry is not added manually.
I use reply-only on nearly every interface because I don't want people to use static IP-Adresses without permission and cause address conflicts.

hashbang
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:15 pm

Hi,
After the upgrade I'm not being able to advertise ip addresses in ospf. Running on x86. Is anyone having the same problem. I can see the peers on both side but no advertisment.

thanks

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:08 pm

Another DHCP feature I request is when a static lease is added, a static ARP entry for this IP Address should also be created.
I believe it has been there as long as I know RouterOS. (ARP is deleted when lease is terminated) see viewtopic.php?f=2&t=167078&p=820427#p820322 )

Beware the new developments in IOS, Android, Windows .... of using random private MAC addresses per network/ per day / ... by default.
Klembord-2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wuffzack
just joined

Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:22 am

When a device requests a lease from the DHCP server, then its hostname is changed and the device rebooted so the lease is requested again, the Hostname in the DHCP Leases list is not updated. Only when the lease is deleted in the DHCP Leases list and then re-requested by the device, the Hostname is updated.
It is incovenient because all phones on the network initially connect under a plain standard name which is then later changed to an owner-specific name (e.g. the owner name is appended to it), but this never shows up in the leases list as long as the lease gets renewed.
Very inconvenient indeed. I wonder why I haven't noticed this before.
Is this behavior new to 6.47.4?

revan
just joined

Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:46 am

Nothing has changed since my previous post - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=165761&p=817672#p817672
        board-name: hEX PoE
             model: RB960PGS
     serial-number: D52F0CB6E331
     firmware-type: qca9550L
  factory-firmware: 6.44.6
#snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 10.160.0.24 1.3.6.1.2.1.17.7.1.2.2.1.2
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.17.7.1.2.2.1.2.0.0.24.174.88.110.130 = INTEGER: 5
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.17.7.1.2.2.1.2.0.0.24.174.99.89.120 = INTEGER: 5
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.17.7.1.2.2.1.2.0.0.24.174.105.180.243 = INTEGER: 5
SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.17.7.1.2.2.1.2.0.0.24.174.177.242.151 = INTEGER: 1

# snmpwalk -v 2c -c public 10.160.0.24 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2
IF-MIB::ifDescr.1 = STRING: ether1
IF-MIB::ifDescr.2 = STRING: ether2
IF-MIB::ifDescr.3 = STRING: ether3
IF-MIB::ifDescr.4 = STRING: ether4
IF-MIB::ifDescr.5 = STRING: ether5
IF-MIB::ifDescr.6 = STRING: sfp1
IF-MIB::ifDescr.7 = STRING: bridge

But SNMPv2-SMI::mib-2.17.7.1.2.2.1.2.0.0.24.174.99.89.120 located at sfp1!

wuffzack
just joined

Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:28 am

You may try to install current "long-term" version first and then upgrade to this "stable".
6.46.7 is one of the smallest builds of RouterOS for smips, that should allow you to install larger build.
Thank you, that worked. Much simpler than a netinstall.

techlord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:30 am

*) filesystem - improved long-term filesystem stability and data integrity;
Uptime 27d 20:08:45
Free Memory 75.3 MiB
Total Memory 128.0 MiB
CPU ARMv7
CPU Count 4
CPU Frequency 716 MHz
CPU Load 0 %
Free HDD Space 2116 KiB
Total HDD Size 15.3 MiB
Sector Writes Since Reboot 420 002
Total Sector Writes 980 093

Bad Blocks 0.0 %
Architecture Name arm
Board Name cAP ac
Version 6.47.4 (stable)
Build Time Sep/16/2020 11:32:37
Factory Software 6.43.10

Come on, guys, it wrote 400k in one year and then 400k in one month on 6.47.4. Is this affecting the lifetime of the internal storage or not?

jimmycr1
just joined

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:48 am

Dear, from version 6.47.1 till now I have problem with WAN connection. My setup is "hex S" connected via SFP (Mikrotik S-31DLC20D) to provider. When I use LongTerm version of RouterOS (6.46.7) everything is fine. After upgrade to version 6.47.1 or newer (don't know about 6.47 - not tested), my WAN connection is experiencing massive packet loss every 30 seconds. As soon I downgrade to ROS 6.46.7 (Long-Term), everything works flawlessly again. Any help? Screen from PingPlotter attached.

edit: Another SFP module (OEM vendor) - problem persist. I did test with 6.48beta48 - problem disappeared. So it seems it's 6.47.x related only.
Mikrotik_problem.png
Last edited by jimmycr1 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:56 am

Come on, guys, it wrote 400k in one year and then 400k in one month on 6.47.4. Is this affecting the lifetime of the internal storage or not?
Probably not. My home router has 36 137 507 total sector writes and it is still going strong.

rzirzi

Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:54 pm

After update to 6.57.4 i have a problem with NTP client. I have installed NTP package to use MT as NTP client and server. But ROS 6.47.4 not syncing with external NTP servers (System>NTP Client) i have always status "started". Could anyone else chect it at x86 machine please?
Edit: I have found that if You have installed NTP package - it's NOT working. If You use only SNTP client - it worsk. So - there is any BUG with NTP package under ROS 6.47.4

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:46 pm

Probably not. My home router has 36 137 507 total sector writes and it is still going strong.
I was thinking about it. If I remember right, Normis said that the flash used is rated to 100k rewrites. He also said it does wear leveling. Now, we need to know the size of the sector. I'd say 512 bytes - but certainly no more than 4 kbytes.

With 512 bytes we would have 16,3MiB (that's my hEX) x 2048 = 33382,4 sectors (I know, I know. We have a rounding error somewhere here). Times 100k writes = 3.338.240.000. More than 3 billion writes. Let's be conservative, and say 1,1 billion writes.
With 4 kbytes we would have 3.338.240.000 / 8 = 417.280.000 writes. I'd say we could be pessimistic, and cut it by 3: 417.280.000 / 3 = 139.093.333,33 writes.

That's still an awful lot of writing. My hEX have 1.663.535 writes total, and I bought it 3 years ago.

techlord
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:49 am

I was thinking about it. If I remember right, Normis said that the flash used is rated to 100k rewrites. He also said it does wear leveling. Now, we need to know the size of the sector. I'd say 512 bytes - but certainly no more than 4 kbytes.

With 512 bytes we would have 16,3MiB (that's my hEX) x 2048 = 33382,4 sectors (I know, I know. We have a rounding error somewhere here). Times 100k writes = 3.338.240.000. More than 3 billion writes. Let's be conservative, and say 1,1 billion writes.
With 4 kbytes we would have 3.338.240.000 / 8 = 417.280.000 writes. I'd say we could be pessimistic, and cut it by 3: 417.280.000 / 3 = 139.093.333,33 writes.

That's still an awful lot of writing. My hEX have 1.663.535 writes total, and I bought it 3 years ago.
Well, according to your calculations, pe1chl's router is 1/5th of the way there. I do have other concerns:
- the recent updates heavily increased the writing on the storage; I have 2 x CAP aC and 1x HAP AC Lite and all 3 of them are writing 10x more than the previous SW versions
- considering the internal storage is not easily replaced (like an external CF) it does create a concern to me related to full internal storage failure; if it was an easily removable card I would have had 0 concerns as I keep backups; not all storage will live up to the expected/rated lifetime
- the funny thing is that this last update does filesystem - improved long-term filesystem stability and data integrity hence the discussion in this thread and not a separate forum discussion
- these numbers may vary with the system configuration. I get 500k/month with very few configuration items in place ( AP managed by remote capsman). What if a CORE router with heavy routing will start to do 20mil writes/month?

But my main question is...why is this parameter reported? What does it help with for the end-user? For it to have relevance we would need a measuring system and some limits, otherwise it is just a number put in the GUI :) and speculations on what it does

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:31 am

Well, according to your calculations, pe1chl's router is 1/5th of the way there. I do have other concerns:
Note that this happened because I had "/tool graphing" with store-on-disk=yes running for some time. That caused a lot of flash writes because it writes the graphs to flash every 5 minutes. I had several interfaces being graphed, so it added up.

I have changed the setting to store-on-disk=no so now my graphs are lost on reboot, but the flash writes are no longer a problem for me.
I currently have an uptime of 45 days and 19189 flash writes (running 6.47.3), and in that time I also made some small config changes which will have caused writes.
So I do not worry.

Paternot
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:11 pm

- the recent updates heavily increased the writing on the storage; I have 2 x CAP aC and 1x HAP AC Lite and all 3 of them are writing 10x more than the previous SW versions
- considering the internal storage is not easily replaced (like an external CF) it does create a concern to me related to full internal storage failure; if it was an easily removable card I would have had 0 concerns as I keep backups; not all storage will live up to the expected/rated lifetime
- the funny thing is that this last update does filesystem - improved long-term filesystem stability and data integrity hence the discussion in this thread and not a separate forum discussion
- these numbers may vary with the system configuration. I get 500k/month with very few configuration items in place ( AP managed by remote capsman). What if a CORE router with heavy routing will start to do 20mil writes/month?

But my main question is...why is this parameter reported? What does it help with for the end-user? For it to have relevance we would need a measuring system and some limits, otherwise it is just a number put in the GUI :) and speculations on what it does
Yes, it is 1/5 of the way. But I don't know how much time it took to get there. Was it one month? Four years?

Yes, the recent updates increased the writing factor. I didn't like it too. But, by my calculations, my hEX will last several years before it wears out its flash. Long before it I will probably have already changed it.

No, not all storage will live up to its lifetime. That is why I was conservative and counted just 1/3 of the expected life on my calculations.

Just routing shouldn't impact writing: it is all done in RAM. The configs are written to flash, but not the routes or their states.

I just took a look at my hEX. It did 96k writes in the last 12 days. I write the graphics to flash, but only every hour. Let's say... 400k/month? At this pace my flash will endure 2500 MONTHS of writes. And this is on the conservative side: If I use the 100k write life, it goes up to 7500 months.

So... to me, not an issue.

Now, to be fair there is ONE model that worries me: the new hAP AC3: its flash has way lower endurance. It is quite bigger, so not that bad (wear leveling), but... I don't know how many writes this flash takes, so can't do any estimation here.

Kraken2k
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:39 pm

After 25 days of uptime, my RB1100AHx4 started to overload one of it's CPU cores. With minimal traffic flow (less than 3Mb/s) through the whole router, "internet-detect" gets 15-20% of one CPU core all the time and I cannot open it's settings via CLI (it stops responding). Also "unclassified" process in Profile gets 60-65% all the time and "management" 10-15% of one CPU core (with just one WinBox and only Profile running).

According to external SNMP monitoring tool, it started without any significant event. Only two things happened at the same moment, when CPU started to overload: successful IPsec tunnel reconnection and firewall blocking the router attempt to connect to 159.148.172.251:15252 via UDP - it's MikroTik cloud address right? The strange thing is, that the cloud settings on the router is turned off for more than a year now.

deemon
just joined

Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:03 am

I was just wondering, why in this RouterOS version (and probably several before) Estonia regulatory domain 2.4GHz wireless transmit rate in Mikrotik router is 14dB only (with 3dB antennae gain 17dB)?
Is it a bug? As far as I know the Europe rate is 20dB and Estonia should not be any different.

As a workaround have to run manual_tx with no_country_set for ANY coverage at all and set to fixed rate 20dB or the connection just keeps dropping/flapping few meters away from router with "regulatory domain" settings, because my dear neighbors Huawei and TP-Link routers floor up and down transmit stronger than my own Mikrotik ffs.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:53 am

You are talking about the power, not the rate.
The allowed transmit power is the maximum allowed ERP minus the antenna gain minus 3dB for 2 chains, 5dB for 3 chains, 6dB for 4 chains.
So when you have a 2-chain device with 3dB antenna gain, 14dBm is the correct transmit power when 20dBm ERP is allowed.

deemon
just joined

Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:56 am

there is no chains of any kind in 20MHz 2.4G wifi, as far as I know.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:13 am

But what do you know? Maybe better to check your router config.

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:17 am

The number of chains is device dependend. hAP ac2 has 2 chains for 2.4 and 2 for 5GHz. wAP ac has 3 chains.in 5 GHz, and 2 in 2.4 GHz.
Multiple antenna/chain usage comes with 802.11n standard (wifi 4), 4 are possible with 802.11ac standard (wifi 5), 8 with 802.11ax (wifi 6)
Klembord-2.jpg
Disturbance by neighbors is seldom due to strong signal. That's not the way wifi works. Signal interference is one thing and can happen if the used channels are not 4 numbers separated.
Usually we only use channel 1,6 and 11. (the old "b" channel needs to be 5 apart)
However the airtime sharing is the major disturbing factor. The rule in wifi is very strict: only one transmitter at a time. If the device (AP or client) "hears" another transmitting then it holds its own transmission.
"Hearing" is not to the understandable level. To be able to decode a packet levels typically need to be above -86 dB, however a transmitter is detected at -98 dB already. With a 6 dB attenuation per doubling of the distance the "wait" radius is 4 times the usuable range.

rdolezel
just joined

Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:29 am

Upgraded from 6.47 to 6.47.4 on company RB450G. Many issues appeared. Devices were getting DHCP address (provided by Mikrotik) in a very slow process, unable to ping the gateway (Mikrotik). Some devices, mainly mobile devices were not able to get an address from DHCP at all. Those with IP address were able to ping and reach other network devices with static IP address like Synology boxes, printers etc.

Looks like packets were partially dropped in a black hole. Downgraded to 6.47 and everything works as expected from this morning.

emils
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:54 pm

New version 6.47.6 has been released in stable RouterOS channel:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=167932