Community discussions

zhup
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: hAP lite

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi,

is the hAP lite enough powerful for internet link 50Mbit/s / 5Mbit/s used by the five home users?

Thank you in advance.
zhup

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Hi,

is the hAP lite enough powerful for internet link 50Mbit/s / 5Mbit/s used by the five home users?

Thank you in advance.

ohh yes

keep in mind a too complex configuration can change the situation

zhup
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:38 am

Is it possible in RouterOS that I will create two vpn clients (e.g. openvpn) for only two individual users? The rest of the users should use the standard route.
zhup

dannym
just joined

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:17 pm

Hello
I brought RB941-2n.
But I noticed that I cannot connect with some (cheap) phones and tablets.
I’m not sure about the reason but there is an issue with this board and some phones.

zhup
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:50 am

Hello
I brought RB941-2n.
But I noticed that I cannot connect with some (cheap) phones and tablets.
I’m not sure about the reason but there is an issue with this board and some phones.
RouterOS 6.32.3 ? Wlan 2GHz-B/G/N, 20/40MHz ?
zhup

deanMKD1

Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:07 pm

Change to 20 MHz only and see the difference! Some phones dont understand 40 MHz. ;)

dragon2611
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Change to 20 MHz only and see the difference! Some phones dont understand 40 MHz. ;)
Also if you are in Europe or somewhere that allows the use of channels 12,13 make sure you're not actually using them, some devices forget that not everywhere prohibits their use.

HP stream7 comes to mind here but there's plenty more than that.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:06 am

dannym, what country setting and center frequency you have specified?
Are you using wireless security? If yes make sure that you have enabled only AES and not TKIP.

dannym
just joined

Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Thank you. I selected Latvia, and automatic frequency, also WPA2 Security, I unchecked TKIP, and now everything seems to be perfect. Thanks :)

satcom
just joined

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:32 pm

Hey.I hawe an interesting problem with hAP lite new model(RB941-2nD-TC), the old models that were lying on the desktop, mangle rules and queue tree are working properly and that great. On the new model , stand upright ,can not to configure my queue tree correctly. I tried upgrade to new sw and os v3.24, but nothing helps. Normis please help, or anyone. :D :?

andriys
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:21 pm

On the new model , stand upright ,can not to configure my queue tree correctly.
Just remove fasttrack rules from your firewall configuration.

satcom
just joined

Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:29 pm

I dont have fasttrack rules.It is crazy but simple queue and queue tree wont work.

satcom
just joined

Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:09 pm

No one have any problems with new model?(RB941-2nD-TC)??

Wintermute
just joined

Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:32 am

Hi guys,

I've had the hAP lite RouterBOARD 941-2nD unit up and running for about two days. ROS 6.34rc27, firmware 3.29, no extra packages installed. Basic config 1xWAN, 1xSSID, NAT, 1xOVPN, nothing fancy.

The issue is it has spontaneously rebooted several times already. Last ones being:
dec/30/2015 01:20:26 system,error,critical System rebooted because of kernel failure
dec/30/2015 01:20:26 system,error,critical Out of memory condition was detected
dec/30/2015 01:20:26 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown
dec/30/2015 09:28:27 system,error,critical router was rebooted without proper shutdown by watchdog timer
I kept an eye on free memory and it usually fluctuates between 7-10MB. Can't imagine how to improve this situation other than by removing three disposable base packages (hotspot, ipv6, mpls - requires netinstall fashioned reinstall).

I have an OVPN server + certificate installed, though not actively used yet. This could eventually be blamed for extra memory consumption. What really annoys me though is an error message coming like once every hour telling CRL update failed due to low memory. I wonder, is there any option to disable CRL updates? If not, why not? They're pre determined to fail on low resource devices like this anyway.

Will try to remove certificates first and observe the unit for a while. If it crashes then disable OVPN server and observe again.

The router, under normal circumstances, shouldn't struggle to record uptime better than 8 hours, right? I am not stressing it at all, quite contrary it is idling for most of the time.

Cheers,
Tomas

===
Winbox improvement suggestion: enable copy to clipboard from Log screen. I would have thought this to be a prime candidate for clipboard function. Somehow reality disagrees.

+1 for NTP server extra package. It can't be that resource hungry, can be? Negligible peanuts.
===

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:54 pm

To Engineers @ Mikrotik ... +10 to "respect" for layout routing :-) :-)
hAP_SMD.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Real admins use real keyboards.

darkprocess
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:45 am

On ROS 6.3.3, After resetting the configuration in winbox, i couldn't get the default configuration.
The only way to have it it's using netinstall.
Is this feature missing in 6.33.3 ?

Thanks

Wintermute
just joined

Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:06 pm

Update to my previous post. I have netinstalled ROS 6.34rc30, excluding unneeded packages, replaced regular certificates with self-signed one to avoid CRL errors.

No spontaneous reboots or erratic behavior since then. With OVPN server on. That's promising shift.

Free RAM 8.4MB, free storage 7.6MB.

rezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
just joined

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:01 pm

Why does not update its IP router Claude.
Do you have a problem router server.
Please help me.

rezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
just joined

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:06 pm

IP router Claude himself two days ago has not updated

rezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
just joined

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:07 pm

I need help please advise

rezaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
just joined

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:08 pm

Do router server is disabled

rrwakc
just joined

Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Has anyone checked if the new RB-941-2nd-tc also have option for metarouter removed in winbox. I have ordered mine and still waiting for it to arrive so can't check jet.
I know that flash and ram are limited on this one. But for basic openwrt 3MB of flash and 8mb ram is enough.
And since router OS will be taking care of the WiFi I can even drop wifi encyptions and everything related to WiFi.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Don't expect you can run metarouter on hap lite.

Wintermute
just joined

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:12 pm

@rrwakc: no metarouter option is available in Winbox for RB-941-2nd-tc. I checked with my unit. It's also been mentioned earlier in this thread iirc.

rrwakc
just joined

Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:14 am

@rrwakc: no metarouter option is available in Winbox for RB-941-2nd-tc. I checked with my unit. It's also been mentioned earlier in this thread iirc.
That post was for the older version(without -tc) and I was hoping they changed it for the new version.
I wanted to be able to create a travel router replacemnt for my wr703N including with the elinks browser installed for keeping hotspot sessions open.

Wintermute
just joined

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:43 pm

@rrwakc ok, i see. I wasn't really aware of any differences other than case/housing design. My unit has -tc printed on the sticker and doesn't have metarouter router option. The router can have 6MB or less free RAM during normal/light operation, so not really any head room for advanced stuff I am afraid.

raymonvdm
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:29 am

What is the best setup for wifi on the HAP Lite?

I have two of them running as CAP device but i have issues with the wireless connections and i`m not sure what to enable and what not

Do in need to enable HT RX Chain / HT TX Chain ?

http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=103701

skyhawk
just joined

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:16 am

Congratulations Mikrotik! You've managed to sell me on plastic cases. I love how easily the hAP series devices disassemble. 10 seconds with a thin metal spudger and you're in. No hidden snap-clips to break, no screws into plastic (ugh!), there's adequate ventilation and wall-mount slots. I laughed when I saw how you took the hAP casing and turned it into a hAP-lite with creative sticker use. Your $30 (Canadian pesos) router has better physical design than my $80 Linksys that I'll be replacing soon.

Edit: Apparently my HAP-lite is old stock and I just found a picture online of the -tc variant. Wow. That is an ugly piece of kit. Sorry Mikrotik, I don't buy the "users complain if they're dumb" argument. I hate it when companies stop selling me products I want to buy in the name of protecting me from my own stupidity.

Keep up the industrial design. Not all of us want expensive unventilated unservicable turds that can't be wall mounted that "look at home in the living room".

I'm curious about the unpopulated headers on the RB941-2nD.

There are two four-pin headers LD204 and LD205 which I presume are for LEDs. /system leds only has the one controllable LED in it though. So do these headers work (Could I solder on additional LEDs?), and if so is there a way to make RouterOS aware of them?

I also see a four-pin header marked TX, RX, 3V3 and GND, which looks a lot like an rs232 header. Again, if I was to solder pins to this is the board physically capable of driving an rs232 port, and if so would it be possible to enable it in RouterOS for general use or console access to the OS?

(I will probably never do either of these things, but the curious nerd in me wants to know)

ytinirt
just joined

Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:11 pm

Hi

I'm also curious about the tx rx 3v3 gnd. I bought two 941 2nd tc and tried to upgrade both to 6.33.5. One upgraded without a problem, the other did not - it's not accessible, im unable to reset it and can't get it to work with netinstall. The led's blink as supposed to, but when it should be in netinstall mode - nothing happens.
I thought I give serial connection a try - but i would appreciate confirmation that these headers are for rs232.

eduardoha
just joined

Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:29 pm

Anybody can help me i tried many time to reset i hold button for 15 second and even more but still my router redirect to hotspot even to access main ip 192.168.88.1 and also i cant ping 192.168.88.1 at all. please help me any way i can reset hap lite directly on board if reset button not work like my situation !!
to reset, do it like this:

- turn off hAP (unplug)
- push reset button and hold it
- plug power (turn on hAP)
- keep holding button until you see one of the LEDs flashing
- release button

you can also try to start holding the button right AFTER plugging power.
I just bought a hAP ac router. I couldn't log into it's default IP @ and had to go through this factory-reset-like procedure... not so great first impression on a new product I'm afraid... hopefully just "bad luck"

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:50 pm

Use winbox and connect by mac address.

Cha0s
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:13 pm

I just bought a hAP ac router. I couldn't log into it's default IP @ and had to go through this factory-reset-like procedure... not so great first impression on a new product I'm afraid... hopefully just "bad luck"
You are confusing MikroTik RouterOS (which is the operating system) with the Routerboard brand (which is the hardware you bought).

You can't judge the hardware based on the default configuration of the OS (which works perfectly fine btw - if you follow the instructions)
It's like judging a new laptop by the pre-installed crapware it comes with by its vendor!

Most likely you didn't follow the instructions and connected your computer on the first port which is the 'wan' port using the default configuration.

Eitherway, doing a netinstall on a brand new routerboard is standard procedure for me.
Like when buying a new laptop and re-installing Windows (or Linux) from scratch :)

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:16 am

I had never needed to netinstall new device. I always install the version I need with only selected packages that I need, remove the default config and make own configuration. No reason for netinstall unless the device is bricked or otherwise misbehaving.

pcunite
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:55 pm

Please bring back the old case design. The new standup case looks so silly. Also, does not wall mount well.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

hAP lite

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:32 pm

I dont like also the new case

eduardoha
just joined

Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:53 am

You are confusing MikroTik RouterOS (which is the operating system) with the Routerboard brand (which is the hardware you bought).

You can't judge the hardware based on the default configuration of the OS (which works perfectly fine btw - if you follow the instructions)
It's like judging a new laptop by the pre-installed crapware it comes with by its vendor!

Most likely you didn't follow the instructions and connected your computer on the first port which is the 'wan' port using the default configuration.

Eitherway, doing a netinstall on a brand new routerboard is standard procedure for me.
Like when buying a new laptop and re-installing Windows (or Linux) from scratch :)
I did follow the very simple instructions step by step :) The factory reset procedure solved the issue (did not connect to another port...). I'm not judging the HW. Actually I'm pretty satisfied with it after spending some time exploring the configurations. It's a pretty impressive small box.

I was only referring to the first experience with the new product and I'm sorry but every single time I buy HW, regardless of the nature, I expect it to work without having to go into forums to find out what's wrong. I'm not happy when my first experience with a Product that I'm not yet familiar with requires troubleshooting. I don't think anyone does.

But again, this is the only negative point I've found so far. Otherwise pretty satisfied :)

krokos
just joined

Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Hello, I have rb941-2nd. Is there some kind of mod to make a additional usb port for lte modem?

shovon
just joined

Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:50 pm

Please bring back the old case design. The new standup case looks so silly. Also, does not wall mount well.
hAP lite's wireless is very low powered, and keeping the device vertical somewhat improves the signal. May be that's why they redesigned its' case and made it vertical.

pcunite
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 pm

hAP lite's wireless is very low powered, and keeping the device vertical somewhat improves the signal. May be that's why they redesigned its' case and made it vertical.
Not to be argumentative, but do you expect users to keep it in the right orientation? I found a seller who has the older case design, so I'm happy to be getting them.

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 pm

It seems - old design is back :-)
http://routerboard.com/RB941-2nD
It is in current products, not in archive.

Thanks Mikrotik
LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Vox populi, vox fabrica :) :) :)
Real admins use real keyboards.

soonwai
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:53 pm

I love the hAP Lite. It's so economical. It works great as a simple wired AP. Currently testing 2 of them in place of 1 RB951Ui-2HnD and having great results. Sadly, the lack of POE-IN is limiting if you don't have a power socket nearby. The worst thing is that all of the suppliers in my country only has the -TC so wall mounting is a bit of a pain.

ploquets
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Is it possible to implement a better antenna ? By opening and weld a 5dbi antenna for example?

wnet
just joined

Mon May 09, 2016 1:50 pm

Sorry, but I no more see how post a new topic...
I have Fiber or xDSL line > RB3011 (NAT/masquerade) > Ubiquiti CPE with no problem with NAT for DVRs, hAP lite port 80.
Only port 8291 for winbox it seems impossible to access from external. I am sure, based on tests, that it's Ubiquiti that stops it, but WHY?
HAP ports setup is OK also because as default. Winbox and hAP FW last versions. Where is the stop then? Thanks to all

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2016 2:01 pm

Sorry, but I no more see how post a new topic...
I have Fiber or xDSL line > RB3011 (NAT/masquerade) > Ubiquiti CPE with no problem with NAT for DVRs, hAP lite port 80.
Only port 8291 for winbox it seems impossible to access from external. I am sure, based on tests, that it's Ubiquiti that stops it, but WHY?
HAP ports setup is OK also because as default. Winbox and hAP FW last versions. Where is the stop then? Thanks to all
You can't make topics in the Accouncement section. Please make a new topic in one of the other sections
No answer to your question? How to write posts

portugars
just joined

HELP!!!! Re: hAP lite

Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Good morning, I am new with respect to Mikrotik, and bought a HAP-2nd RB941-TC Lite and I've tried everything to make it work with 2 Wan ports and a Lan and Wifi. Follow various procedures router configuration-OS and everything seems ok, but does not work the 2 wan ports. Someone with this model managed to configure 2 wan ports with fail-over or loadbalance?

lustyffh

Re: HELP!!!! Re: hAP lite

Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:56 pm

Good morning, I am new with respect to Mikrotik, and bought a HAP-2nd RB941-TC Lite and I've tried everything to make it work with 2 Wan ports and a Lan and Wifi. Follow various procedures router configuration-OS and everything seems ok, but does not work the 2 wan ports. Someone with this model managed to configure 2 wan ports with fail-over or loadbalance?
please be more specific as to what kind of problem you are facing when configure multi-wan

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:02 pm

Remove the ports from switch / bridge to have them alone. Otherwise you cannot use them independently as wan ports.

portugars
just joined

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Remove the ports from switch / bridge to have them alone. Otherwise you cannot use them independently as wan ports.
In Switch, all ports are whith state as: "vlan mode disabled" and the bridge is the Wireless whith the Lan. 

portugars
just joined

Re: HELP!!!! Re: hAP lite

Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:44 pm

please be more specific as to what kind of problem you are facing when configure multi-wan

is configured on eth1 (wan) with the name of 01net, eth2 (lan) with 02lan in bridge with the wlan, eth3 (wan2) as 03gvt and eth4 (not used) as ether4. It turns out that when the wan 01net falls, users no longer have internet access over the wan 03gvt even though on the routes the pcc