Hi all. Just need some help troubleshooting a dead CCR1009 7g-1c-1s+. The router is basically dead. However i foun a blown component which could either be a resistor or diode dpending on the silk screen. Can anyone assist helping to identify what it is? I dont want to bridge the connections if i dont have to. Would rather replace with a new component. If i do bridge the component the router does switch on and boot.
Ill attach a pic circled with the blown component
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My thoughts as well. Unfortunately dont have another cc1009 at the moment to check the resistor value. But will as soon as i get my hands on one. Unless someone has a spare they could open and maybe check it?.
Will see what i can find out on the internet though. Dont mind if power sensing doesnt work. The router it self working is more important.
It is a bit strange that a 0-ohm resistor would be used in a layout like that.
It could be that originally a small resistor was planned there (indeed, to measure the current) but that it was decided not to do that after the PCB layout was finalized...
Anyway, when it blows up like that, there must be some other problem (like shorted switching transistor Q1402 or diodes D1403/D1405).
Thanks for the pic G2Dolphin. It really helps alot.
I know most 0ohm resistors are used as fuses in some cases. Ill source a 0ohm resistor and replace it. I checked most diodes and havent found any other shorts. Like i said previously the board does boot if the pads are shorted so i dont suspect any other faults. However i havent ran it long enough to see because i wanted to replace the part first.
I suspect it might have blown due to a power spike or something else since the router was in service for about a year . Maybe longer.
Ill replace the resistor and run it for a while and see if its stable. If not it will be replaced. If stable enough it will be kept as a spare backup router
Hey all. So good news so far. I replaced the resistor with a new 0 ohm resistor and assembled the router. So far everything is working fine. All the ports seem to function and work. Voltages look stable as well.
Ill keep it running a few more hours and see if anything weird pops up.
No packet loss on LAN ports as well so seems good.