Community discussions

MikroTik App

edosuperstar
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau LTE 12 losing CA Band...

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:29 pm

Hi all, i've purchased a Chaetau LTE 12 and i'm very happy with it. I'm only a little confused by a thing that continuosly happen with the LTE module of the router. When i enable the LTE interface, the router istantly gains max signal and shows that i'm receiving the Primary Band and 2 CA Bands. The speeds are very good (150/170mpbs in download), but after 10 minutes of using, the router starts loosing signal and all the CA Bands remaining only with the primary band. Obviously the speed of the connection decrease a lot (15/20 mbps in download) and i'm constricted to disable/re-enable the LTE interface to regain max speed and resume the CA Bands signal. I'm with RouterOS 7.1 beta (latest one)
Is this an hardware fault or a software problem? Anyone with this problem before? it's very strange...
ISP: Iliad Italy

Sorry for bad english :)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Chateau LTE 12 losing CA Band...  [SOLVED]

Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 am

The question here is probably, why did the router lose signal?
Because operators will not upgrade you back to CA, this is the operator decision. They could configure it to work differently, but your operator hasn't.
Basically if you lose signal or signal gets bad, you will lose CA band and will not get it back. Chateau is not doing this, the operator is.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

edosuperstar
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Chateau LTE 12 losing CA Band...

Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 pm

Okay... maybe in the next days i will change the sim to test with a different operator.
Thanks a lot for your answer!

LSan83

Re: Chateau LTE 12 losing CA Band...

Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:10 pm

Is this an hardware fault or a software problem? Anyone with this problem before? it's very strange...
ISP: Iliad Italy
I'm using the Chateau with an old 3 Italia's SIM on Wind3's new network. The 3 CA is always on. Sometimes the primary band switch between B7/B3/B1 but the connection don't drop down.
I'm using 4 external LPDA antennas on the roof because i'm in the country at 1,5km from the bts at the other side of a woods.