Community discussions

MikroTik App

naxos
just joined

Re: mAP lite

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:46 pm

Thanks for answer.
I've been holding that reset button almost for 2 minutes and still nothing in Netinstall - just my hard drives. I've followed all steps I've found.
Power off the device
connect patch cable to ether port (there's just one) and directly to PC (set static IP on PC iface and set client IP in Netinstall to any from /24 subnet)
power on device while holding reset button
keep holding reset button until devices shows in netinstall - this never happend

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:47 pm

check if your PC has no firewall or antivirus that could stop incoming connections. you can also try to run Netinstall by right-click and "run as administrator"

naxos
just joined

Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:17 pm

I've disabled antivirus and firewall and ran program as administrator. Still no luck. I can see that netinstall does something when these tree LEDs on mAP flashes two times fast but no new device is in list. Is it correct to use the only one ether port on mAP for netinstall ?

kewlgai
just joined

Mon May 08, 2017 11:46 am

have the same problem with my cap lite, don't know know what else to do

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Mon May 08, 2017 12:43 pm

do you have many lan adapters (physical, vmware, virtualbox) on your windows installation? if yes disable all and leave enable you lan adapter connected to map.
also you should try to netinstall at different laptop or different pc. and different lan cable!

kewlgai
just joined

Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Your mAP lite has faulty ethernet port, i encounterd this on mAp lite and cAp lite

Scholar
just joined

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi guys! Consider buying mAP lite to connect wired device to my home WiFi network. Can it be used as a wireless client?

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:04 pm

Yes. Despite being a tiny device, it supports all ROS features (CPU allowing).

darkrosse
just joined

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:54 pm

Hello there, folks!

I have recently purchased both MikroTik hEX (RB750Gr3) and mAP lite due to several misunderstandings and confusion.
First thing first - I have purchased a hEX device like a month ago before I moved into my new apartments, as I thought it will also give me a wireless network and after the setup, I realized this device does not support wi-fi.
After a short brainstorm, I decided to buy a mAP device to get my WiFi thingy going on and have chosen MikroTik`s mAP.

I managed to connect it(AP) to my router and accessed the quick setup via my mobile phone - the SSID and password have been adjusted and the device has been rebooted.
After that, I was not able to access interface of mAP via mobile phone nor my WLAN network had access to the WWW.
Will someone be so nice and explain to me what I did wrong or maybe give me few links which can guide me through the process of setting hEX + mAP?