Community discussions

jaytagdamian
just joined

Re: Mikrotik VDSL / DSL Modem?

Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:35 pm

It would be great if the VPI/VCI settings were a little more flexible.

Is the image on page 2 the full list? Is VC-MUX supported?

In the UK, ADSL is typically 0,38 VC-MUX so not having this setting completely rules out use on most UK ADSL2+ lines.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:03 pm

It would be great if the VPI/VCI settings were a little more flexible.
They aren't. And if they were, this functionality would probably not (yet) be accessible from RouterOS.
For this topic you will need to contact the manufacturer (maybe via a supplier), preferably in the role of an ISP planning a rollout.

jaytagdamian
just joined

Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:11 pm

They aren't. And if they were, this functionality would probably not (yet) be accessible from RouterOS.
OK good to know, I understand the VLAN configuration to access the different settings - I think it's maybe too much of a niche product for us to pursue.

The VDSL feature alone is worthwhile though, and I'll certainly be picking one up to test on UK VDSL/FTTC lines.

troffasky

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 am

In case there's any lingering doubt about the economic viability of selling a DSL interface, look at how much red there is in the bar chart:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2 ... vs-uk.html

Two thirds of internet connections in the EU are supplied over DSL.

loic69
just joined

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:52 am

Hi all
We are interesting to test for french market.
We are network provider with adsl and vdsl.
Do you know if VDSL Vlan 835 is managed.
So is there different manufacturer or all module described in this thread is from metanoia ?

How the couple adsl vp vc or vlan in vdsl is done ?
Is allnet or mikrotik shop.de is the same ?
Best regards

lenart
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:20 am

I haven't been able to find any information about a management option from the DSL side of the device. Given its form-factor, I think it's very unlikely that this device offers such an option though. Since the device acts as a bridge between xDSL and SFP, any internet provider could certainly setup a management VLAN on the CPE but without special drivers, you would not be able to manage the internals of the module directly. An alternative would be TR069.
VPI/VCI is hardcoded into the module so you would have to contact the manufacturer to ensure that the modules you receive have the right values. VLAN is done after the packets exit the module so the standard VLAN config of the host device can be used. For instance, my VLAN config is done through the Mikrotik interface. No special software or drivers were required.

loic69
just joined

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 pm

Ok Yes for VDSL we can configure Mikrotik for use VLAN.
For ADSL we need to chhose couple VPI/VCI which need, if we can configure it, to provide hard coded inside.

Do ypou know if all reseller sell modules form same manufacturer ?
Can I have to ask them ?
I haven't been able to find any information about a management option from the DSL side of the device. Given its form-factor, I think it's very unlikely that this device offers such an option though. Since the device acts as a bridge between xDSL and SFP, any internet provider could certainly setup a management VLAN on the CPE but without special drivers, you would not be able to manage the internals of the module directly. An alternative would be TR069.
VPI/VCI is hardcoded into the module so you would have to contact the manufacturer to ensure that the modules you receive have the right values. VLAN is done after the packets exit the module so the standard VLAN config of the host device can be used. For instance, my VLAN config is done through the Mikrotik interface. No special software or drivers were required.

lenart
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Ok Yes for VDSL we can configure Mikrotik for use VLAN.
For ADSL we need to chhose couple VPI/VCI which need, if we can configure it, to provide hard coded inside.

Do ypou know if all reseller sell modules form same manufacturer ?
Can I have to ask them ?
I'm afraid I don't know if all resellers sell the same product. I do believe it is very likely that they are all manufactured in the same factory.

ALLNET in Germany is in contact with a manufacturer and they are selling units specifically for the German market. Duxtel in Australia is also in contact with their supplier (Proscend) and I assume they're collaborating to get units specifically for the Australian market. You can definitely contact them, details can be found on their website (www.proscend.com.) I'm sure they will be open to collaboration for a market like France.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Usually in VDSL modems there are different firmware versions optimized for a certain country.
This could be done for these modules as well, but of course the manufacturer should provide the firmware images and MikroTik should provide the support to upload them to the modem.
I am still hoping that MikroTik will build some support for these modules into RouterOS, so it is possible to monitor the modem status (actual speed, attainable speed, noise margin, error rate etc) and perform parameter setting and firmware upload.

loic69
just joined

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:34 pm

May be the parts can be reconfigured with USB SFP reader.
We're have these functions with our Fiber SFP optics manufacturer

Regards

zerwes
just joined

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:25 pm

Hallo Mikrotik Fans,

sorry but i want to tell you the trougth. For the German Market and German ISP connections only ALLNET will be have the right Hardware who will working.

Alternatives for Bridge-Modem for German Connections
ADSL based on Lantiq = ALL0333CJ = https://shop.allnet.de/search?sSearch=all0333cj

ADSL & VDSL based on Broadcom including Vectoring = ALL-BM200VDSL2V https://shop.allnet.de/search?sSearch=all-bm200

VDSL2 based on Lantiq Vinax V3 including Vectoring "Best-Performance on VDSL2" = ALL-BM100VDSL2V = https://shop.allnet.de/search?sSearch=all-bm100

Thanks Gerhard Zerwes "Head of ALLNET Product-Brand"
Thanks for the info!
Regarding the ALL-BM100VDSL2V, do you have a firmware update that irons out the problems described at
https://geizhals.de/allnet-all-bm100vds ... _ratings=1 (German)

Sorry for OT.

Cheers
Alex

Sent from Honor 8 using Tapatalk
Hallo Alex,

yes this member who wrote is is a typical troll. Yes of course it give a new Firmware called C410A please contact our support suppoert@allnet.de and you will get it.

PS: Our FAQ List´s for this device is http://service.allnet.de/index.php?/Bas ... =all-bm100

Thanks Gerhard

zerwes
just joined

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Will you also offer a Standalone CO-Module without the CPE-Module?
Hallo Sub5,

the the ALL4780 is a specific Bundle with Co and CPE inside the Box. Only Point-to-Point. Special Firmware who supporting max. 150MBPS. Only this CPE is working with the Slave CPE.

THe ALL4781 is Standard VDSL for German Market with Profile 17 etc.

Thanks Gerhard

zerwes
just joined

Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:36 pm

Hi all
We are interesting to test for french market.
We are network provider with adsl and vdsl.
So is there different manufacturer or all module described in this thread is from metanoia ?

Is allnet or mikrotik shop.de is the same ?
Best regards
Hallo Loice,

sorry we are competitors in some Market-Fields. Both doing Network Distribution. ALLNET has additional more than 20 Years also their own Brand. Some of the Products are own Develeped in Germany an Taiwan. Some of them are OEM from Taiwan and Asian Company´s Manufacturer. We have more than 20 Years Office in Taipei and Shinshu "Silicon Valley of Taiwan". This is why we are cooperate with Procend in Business and Technical Cooperation.

Thanks Gerhard

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:32 pm

Finally got an opportunity to test these on OpenEIR in Ireland ...

works perfectly. CC1016, VDSL SFP telco profile, Vlan10 ... sync at 100M_20M_R ... bandwidth test: 98.5 Mbit/s down, 20.5 Mbit/s up.

/M
Communication is the beginning of understanding
-- AT&T

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:18 am

Hallo Sub5,

the the ALL4780 is a specific Bundle with Co and CPE inside the Box. Only Point-to-Point. Special Firmware who supporting max. 150MBPS. Only this CPE is working with the Slave CPE.

Thanks Gerhard
This is not right, the CO Module works fine as DSLAM for Avm Firtzbox, Telekom Speedport, Zyxel VDSL Modem, INtec Argus DSL-Tester.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mistry7
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:19 am

May be the parts can be reconfigured with USB SFP reader.
We're have these functions with our Fiber SFP optics manufacturer

Regards
I´ve tried this, but the needed Addresses are locked

sup5

Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:14 pm

Hallo Sub5,

Thanks Gerhard
This is not right, the CO Module works fine as DSLAM for Avm Firtzbox, Telekom Speedport, Zyxel VDSL Modem, INtec Argus DSL-Tester.
That's exactly the scenario I want to use it for. So please: really offer a CO-only option, Gerhard!
When buying the CPE/CO-Bundle I need to toss the CPE-Modules into the trashbin, because they aren't used at all.

breili
just joined

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:44 pm

I am actually employed by Versa Technology and we have received quite a bit of inquiries and sales for the VDSL2 SFP modules. I have tested the units with an RB2011 and CCR1009 but we have received reports that the RB3011 does not work with the modules at the moment. We are working with Proscend/Metanoia on this. So far, they have not found any issues with synchronization or throughput as long as the SFP interface is manually set.
I got mine from Versa Technology last year. I used an VX-160RT with an RB3011 to connect to an VDSL line (Austria, Annex A, 17a) just fine. Just in case the feedback helps still (yes, I know the post is a bit old).

On an different note, I got some software (DSLMonitor) which should be able to read line stats but it doesn't work and I seem not to have an awful lot of luck with support from Versa Technology. In case you can help that would be fantastic as I'm still looking for an way to get line stats out of the SFP.
As far as I understand to get stats I'd need to send an ethernet frame with an command/query to the SFP (with the SFP MAC as destination) and would get an response with the requested data back. Would be nice to get this working even if not directly on RouterOS but from an host connected to an routerboard (bridged with the SFP).

breili
just joined

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:25 pm

The 180C/R foir Point-to-Point over 2 Wire = ALL4780 = https://shop.allnet.de/detail/index/sAr ... h/all4780
The 180T "GERMAN VERSION" will be called = ALL4781 = https://shop.allnet.de/detail/index/sAr ... h/all4781
Hi Gerhard,

are you going to provide either specs (so one can write the tools himself) or software to get line stats out of the SFP ?

Thank you,
Andre

rendrag
just joined

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:42 am

As far as I understand to get stats I'd need to send an ethernet frame with an command/query to the SFP (with the SFP MAC as destination) and would get an response with the requested data back. Would be nice to get this working even if not directly on RouterOS but from an host connected to an routerboard (bridged with the SFP).
I don't suppose you've gotten anywhere with this? Or have any more info on it? Would be really nice to pull some info out of the SFP..

Is anyone using these on a production service? I'm seeing a weird issue (plugged into a CRS-109, on a VDSL2 connection), where it just stops passing data between the VDSL connection (which still has sync according to the status LED on the SFP), and the SFP interface. Power cycling the switch does not fix it (infact, I've not had much luck using the SFP at all if it is plugged in when the switch is powered on). - The SFP must be unplugged and re-plugged while the switch is powered, then it works fine. I'm getting about a week out of it, and then it needs to be removed and re-inserted.

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Why hasn't MT started making it's own VDSL2 SFP Module? I know the g.fast modules are hitting the market so that should only help the case for single pair copper connections.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Why hasn't MT started making it's own VDSL2 SFP Module?
It is the topic of this thread. They should support those SFP modules in RouterOS or could even relabel them under the MikroTik brand.
Apparently DSL is not very popular in their home country. But in many other regions, it (still) is.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Is anyone using these on a production service? I'm seeing a weird issue (plugged into a CRS-109, on a VDSL2 connection), where it just stops passing data between the VDSL connection (which still has sync according to the status LED on the SFP), and the SFP interface. Power cycling the switch does not fix it (infact, I've not had much luck using the SFP at all if it is plugged in when the switch is powered on). - The SFP must be unplugged and re-plugged while the switch is powered, then it works fine. I'm getting about a week out of it, and then it needs to be removed and re-inserted.

Try and set the speed to manual, 1 Gbit/s, full-duplex. In some Mikrotik devices, it won't even get link unless you do that. The hAP ac for example.

And yes, I've got a handful of these in production.

/M
-- AT&T

mazza
just joined

Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:26 am

Hello!

I´m located in Austria and I have also tested a Proscend 180-T. I have tested the SFP - VDSL - Modem in the combo port of a new CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ and in the SFP port of an RB2011UiAS-RM. Both Routers seem to recognize the SFP Module correctly (I have configured the interfaces in Router OS manual: Auto Negotiation: Off, No Flow Control, Speed: 1Gbps Full Duplex).

But I'm not able to establish a connection. I think the problem is that the VDSL2 line does not get synchronized. The left / orange LED of the Modem ist constant orange. The right / green LEED of the Modem is blinking sometimes faster sometimes slower. The short manual that comes with Proscend 180-T say that the green LED is blinking during the DSL training and should stay green when the device is linked up. But mine never stays green.

The modem provided by my ISP is a technicolor TG588v with firmware version 10.5.8.E. It shows as DSL-Type: ITU-T G.993.2 Annex B (VDSL2), with a bandwidth of: 10.456 / 41.800 kbps.

According to the specifications of the Proscend 180-T (http://www.proscend.com/en-gb/product/v ... l#download, http://www.proscend.com/images/Download ... 51011s.pdf) all of this standards should be supported by the SFP Modem.

Furthermore klause007 successfully tested the Proscend 180-T in Austria.
Hello!

I´m located in Austria and I also got a Procend 180T this Friday. It´s working fine in a hAP ac and achieves full provided speed (80/15Mbit). The pppoe-Client is operating over Vlan´s on my CCR1009.

Klaus
Because of all of that I was thinking that the Proscend 180-T would work on my VDSL2 line. But it does not.

I would be grateful for each suggestion.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:43 pm

It is correct that it is still training (or maybe has given up with error) when the led is blinking.
Unfortunately there is no support yet in RouterOS to peek in the SFP what is happening. That would be very useful to have.
In the meantime, you could check the post #218 above viewtopic.php?p=639293#p639293 about a Windows program that apparently is available to do this. I have not located it yet.
It would be required to setup a bridge with the SFP and some unused ethernet port in it, and connect the PC with that application there.
The bridge would transfer the special packets from the Windows PC to the SFP.

mazza
just joined

Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:58 pm

@pe1chl Thank you for your response!

You are right, it would be very helpful if RouterOS could read the line states from these SFP-VDSL-Modems.

I'm very interested in the DSL Monitor Windows software you mentioned. Also the exact specification of the Protocol that is used by this Software could be very helpful. Because if it is not to complicated it should be possible to write a simple UNIX command-line tool that is able to read the DLS line states from the Proscend 180-T. If the protocol really just uses ethernet frames we could bridge the SFP interface from the router to a network interface of a Linux-Server and would then be able to monitor the DSL line states.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:47 pm

Yes I would be interested as well, but I don't have it. It was brelli memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=43604 who made that remark above.

tdussa
just joined

Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:23 pm

I don't suppose you've gotten anywhere with this? Or have any more info on it? Would be really nice to pull some info out of the SFP..

I'm guessing I see a related issue here. I have a Proscend 180-T plugged into a hEX PoE, and the link works in principle. However, a simple reboot of the hEX will cause the link to stop working with the same symptoms you describe. Also, unplugging and replugging the SFP returns the link into a working state.

Any updates on this?

THX & Cheers,
Toby.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:14 pm

I'm guessing I see a related issue here. I have a Proscend 180-T plugged into a hEX PoE, and the link works in principle. However, a simple reboot of the hEX will cause the link to stop working with the same symptoms you describe. Also, unplugging and replugging the SFP returns the link into a working state.

Any updates on this?

Have you tried, what I suggested above ?

Disable auto-negotiation and set the speed to 1 Gbit/s + FD manually. Then try rebooting etc.

/M
-- AT&T

tdussa
just joined

Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:32 pm

Any updates on this?
Have you tried, what I suggested above ?
Disable auto-negotiation and set the speed to 1 Gbit/s + FD manually. Then try rebooting etc.
Yep, I tried that. In fact, the DSL link won't even come up properly if auto-neg is not turned off.
So, unfortunately, no cigar.

Also, I just found out that simply disabling and re-enabling the SFP interface will also trigger this condition. I am guessing some initialization problem?

Cheers,
Toby.

rendrag
just joined

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:38 pm

It's funny, the VDSL link itself comes up fine no matter what. It seems to be the bridge between the VDSL interface and the SFP interface that just doesn't come up. Whatever it is that makes the interface show as 'Running' in RouterOS basically. I haven't been able to make the SFP go into 'Running' state if Autoneg is turned off. It MUST be turned on for me to get the SFP to work.

I can't find a pattern to when it locks up either :\

Looking in my logs for when my LT2P sessions drop out doesn't show any regular time intervals:
2018-02-01 21:21 up
2018-02-14 10:06 down
(I wasn't home, so took a while to bring it back online)
2018-02-14 17:51 up
2018-02-19 06:26 down

2018-02-19 06:31: up
2018-02-28 03:31 down

2018-02-28 03:46 up
2018-03-09 21:06 down

It is interesting to note however, that it has never dropped out when noone is home. That's not to say that we have less bandwidth being used when noone is home. The only real difference would be that the wifi on the switch the SFP is plugged into would not usually be in use when noone is home. And the longest period of uptime was that first interval - the first nine days of which the wlan interface in the switch was disabled.. I wonder if the CPU in the SFP is picking up interference from the WIFI, and crashing?

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:55 pm

What version RouterOS are you on ?

/M
-- AT&T

rendrag
just joined

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:02 pm

I’m on 6.41.1 on a CRS-109 :)

tdussa
just joined

Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 pm

What version RouterOS are you on ?
I'm on 6.41.2 on a hEX PoE (960PGS).

Same phenomenon, the VDSL link comes up just fine according to the modem LEDs (and the ISP's logs), but the actual data communication between the SFP and the hEX just stops. The hEX still thinks the interface is up and running though.

Cheers,
Toby.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:17 pm

Ive got it running on a CCR1016 and a couple hAP ac all on 6.40.5.

No problems.

/M

-- AT&T

tdussa
just joined

Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:44 pm

Ive got it running on a CCR1016 and a couple hAP ac all on 6.40.5.

No problems.
So wanna try upgrading to 6.41.2? ;-) (Don't even know whether that's available for CCR1016.)

Seriously though, I circumvented the problem. It dawned on me that my ZyXEL switch also has some SFPs, and what can I say, the 180-T runs happily in one of those ports without any problems whatsoever. Problem mitigated for me as long as I've got the hEX hooked up to my ZyXEL switch, which won't change anytime soon. The situation with the 180-T in the hEX is still not really nice though, obviously, so I'll keep monitoring this thread.

Cheers,
Toby.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:33 pm

So wanna try upgrading to 6.41.2? ;-) (Don't even know whether that's available for CCR1016.)

Do I feel suicidal ? 6.41.x is not mature yet. And these boxes are production.

So, not a chance.

There are several issues, that should have prevented from 6.41 going final, that still haven't been fixed (like 1100AHx4 not able to tagging vlan1 or random spanning tree issues on any hardware platform).

And as for a version being available. Once it becomes available, it's available for all platforms. There's no such thing only releasing it for one platform.

You're best off to downgrade to 6.40.5 to try to get it working.

/M
-- AT&T

dohmniq
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:05 am

Anyone else with a module able to post real-world speed tests?

Just to confuse matters, Proscend have a "coming soon" webpage for the 190-T which also supports G.Fast (G.9700/G.9701).

A quick search shows other manufacturers with SFP VDSL2 modules:
  • Methode dataMate DM7087 (with G.Fast)
  • Metanoia MT-V5311 and MT-G5321 (with G.Fast)
  • Sckipio CP1020 (albeit reference design)
  • VersaTek VX-160 series
  • Tupavco TMRS-100 (rebadged Proscend 180-T?)

howdey57
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:51 pm

This is a very long thread now. Is there a summary in the Mikrotik documentation that describes the SFP dsl hardware that works with Mikrotik routers (with settings)?

Charles

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:26 am

It should be on this page https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/MikroTik ... lity_table but it not mentioned so you have to find it in this thread.
Two RB760iGS (hEX S) in series. One does PPPoE and both do IKEv2.
Running:
RouterOS 6.46Beta / Winbox 3.19 / MikroTik APP 1.2.10
Having an Android device, use https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/releases (no root required)

breili
just joined

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:54 am

No, not really unfortunately. I'll try to follow up with Metanoia.
Sorry, no. I only tried it in an hAP AC and RB3011 . In both it seemed to be stable. The RB3011 was running on an VDSL in Austria for about 1.5 months without any issue. The hAP ac was on an point to point with the versatek bundle.
I don't have a real DSL anymore but got a ALL126AM3 around I can experiment with however.

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:05 am

I've had 5 of these (all on VDSL lines with vectoring in Ireland) on 2 locations in production for a good few months now.

They work very well and I see the full 100M/20M, that the DSLAM can deliver.

Tested with CCR1016 and HAP ac. No problems.

/M
-- AT&T

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:05 pm

This is a very long thread now. Is there a summary in the Mikrotik documentation that describes the SFP dsl hardware that works with Mikrotik routers (with settings)?
No, this thread is by users discussing what they have found on internet, bought themselves to experiment, and their findings.
There is absolutely zero support from MikroTik in this matter.
So you will have to look here...

BigTrumpet
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:57 pm

I can confirm that Proscend 180-T is working with RB2011 and italian VDSL2 (TIM).
- eth autonegotiation off
- VLAN tagging
- PPPoE
thats' all!

I cannot see diagnostic info (datarate, signals, attenuation) but real speedtest is about 60/20 Mbps (same as previous router).

cheers,
Massimo

martix77
just joined

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Ciao,
@BigTrumpet, where did you buy the Proscend in Italy?

Thanks!

loic69
just joined

Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:11 pm

And France ? Is it compatible ?

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:11 pm

Fritz!Box 7582 connected to a CO module of the RF/CO bundle from FMS. The SFP is sitting in a CCR1016.

Works absolutely without problems. Nice and easy way to build a VDSL test or provisioning rig.

/M
-- AT&T

n1am
just joined

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:40 pm

I can confirm that Proscend 180-T is working with RB2011 and italian VDSL2 (TIM).
Hi BigTrumpet,
I live in Italy too. I'd like to know where did you buy the module.

Bye

marlow
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu May 03, 2018 12:57 am

Did some more tests with the VDSL CO SFP.

This is the same SFP as the Fritz!Box 7582 above.

So with a Fritz!Box 7590, which is newer and also supports Supervectoring at 35b, the results are actually worse:

The 7582 is using Broadcom chipsets. Most other Fritz!Box models use a different chipset, same as the 7590. So the 7581, 7582, 7583 (all Broadcom based) actually work best with the CO SFP.

I then went and thought .. hey .. how about connecting the Telco version of the SFP to the CO version of the SFP and see, what the results are:
(Telco version in hAP ac, CO version on CCR1016)

Now, that is very interesting. It indicates, that Telco SFP at least has some sort of supervectoring support. OpenEIRs DSLAMs are going to be enabled with Supervectoring 35b in the next couple months. It should be interesting what speeds the VDSL Telco SFPs then train at.

/M
-- AT&T

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu May 03, 2018 11:16 am

Did you already find some way to get the connection parameters (profile, attainable rate, S/N, errors) from the SFP?