Community discussions

MikroTik App

spex
just joined
Topic Author

Mikrotik 2011UiAS-2HnD ethport 1Gbit with 100Mbit device problem

Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Hi I have this LAN configuration.

NAS <---> 1G eth MIKROTIK 1G eth <---> Yamaha R N301 (multimedia player)

When I am playing MP3 file it is ok. But when I am playing MP3 with bigger bitrate or FLAC files sound is stopping every 10 sec and sometime song is not repeat back to play.

1G port for Yamaha I have Tx and Rx Flow Control on and disabled 1000M bit.

When I am using this configuration.
NAS <---> 1G eth MIKROTIK 100M eth <---> Yamaha R N301 (multimedia player)
Every thing working fine. All setting of Mikrotik I restarted to default configuration. Before testing.

Do you know where should be a problem.

Thank you Ladislav

picacho99

Re: Mikrotik 2011UiAS-2HnD ethport 1Gbit with 100Mbit device problem

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:10 pm

1- Try with another ethernet cable between the router and the multimedia player.
2- By default.... avoid Tx and Rx Flow Control.....

GaylordJebal
just joined

Re: Mikrotik 2011UiAS-2HnD ethport 1Gbit with 100Mbit device problem

Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:23 pm

Hello,

I experienced the same behavior on my environment Synology NAS <--1gb--> Mikrotik router <--100mb--> Pioneer N-P01.

When playing FLAC or high def. mp3 then the playing freezes every 10 second and the player seems to be trying to reconnect. Also the initial loading of the music file is significantly longer than it should be (2 or 3 times slower). When we added extra switch between Mikrotik router and network player then the issue disappeared. It is also not reproducible using WLAN connection of the player to the router. The same connection is used for my TV and it has no problem with playing high res. video via the cable.

I was not able to find out which setting could fix this in the issue but as it is not reproducible using other switch (not tested with other router) then I expected there is something on the Mikrotik router.
There is Media Server running on the Synology NAS and playing uses DLNA.

If there is any idea which settings could solve this then it would be more than appreciated.

Thanks,
p*