MikroTik App

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sharing Bandwidth for PPPoE clients

Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:49 pm

Hello all,

I want to create a PPPoE server to allow clients with the same username and password to sign on simultaenously. Now take for example Username is abc and Password is 123 and I want to make sure that all clients that connect using the name abc all share a specific bandwidth (say 512kbps download) allocated to the name, how can I do that without each one taking a bandwidth of 512kbps to himself?

balimore
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Sharing Bandwidth for PPPoE clients

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:22 pm

Hello all,

I want to create a PPPoE server to allow clients with the same username and password to sign on simultaenously. Now take for example Username is abc and Password is 123 and I want to make sure that all clients that connect using the name abc all share a specific bandwidth (say 512kbps download) allocated to the name, how can I do that without each one taking a bandwidth of 512kbps to himself?
--------------
Hello ...dube

This methode assumse I called for[abc] subnet without radius server.

yes is possible make 'shared one' to login in to the network, you can make difference one 'profile_interface'[abc], 'ip_pool'[abc], 'ppp_profile'[abc] and 'srcnat'[abc], mangle[abc], 'queue_tree'[abc] and create 'users' as profile=[abc]

regards
Hasbullah.com
-----------------

medube
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Sharing Bandwidth for PPPoE clients

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:40 pm

Thanks a lot balimore, it worked out.