Community discussions

MikroTik App

littlebill
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

HAp AC LED status lights

Mon May 02, 2016 11:39 pm

why are they changing color from red to yellow green? is there a doc that describes the color changes?

kozmonov

Re: HAp AC LED status lights

Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:16 pm

I would also like to know what these indicate?

My HAP AC lights are changing colors at regular intervals.  The WiFi led, for instance, holds orange for 3 seconds and then momentarily changes to red and then back to orange again.

The 5th port with POE out changes is similar but will blink red between one and three times...

becs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:40 am

There are two LEDs for the wireless section and two LEDs for the 5th port section in the hAP ac (RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT) case.
The green wireless LED shows 2.4GHz wireless status and the red wireless LED shows 5GHz wireless status. Sometimes their blinking times match and colors blend together.
The green 5th port LED shows port activity and the red 5th port LED turns on when PoE out function is enabled on port.

Judo
just joined

Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:28 pm

I think it is not good idea for normal wireless operation using RED light (for 5GHz). At first I thought that something wrong was with my wireless settings when it turns RED. It is very confusing!!! Please add additional green LED for 5GHz.
Off topic: And Reset button so close to USB. You can press it occasionally when use small factor usb stick.

josiasmjr
just joined

Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:15 am

I have just joined this forum exactly and only for the reason that there was a red led blinking on my RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT router. I was really worried to know what the hell was wrong with the wireless function. Mikrotik, please, please, please, do not ever use red leds to indicate a normal operating condition. Red should only be used for failures.