Community discussions

MikroTik App

jonthorpe
just joined
Topic Author

ADSL/VDSL SFP with MikroTik

Wed May 11, 2016 1:48 pm

Hi All,

I understand MikroTik don't have plans to incorporate an xDSL module into their products, however the reality is that ADSL and VDSL2 (FTTB/FTTN) is commonly found here in Australia. The MikroTik make the perfect CPE in many cases, but having another device attached to it makes it a less than elegant solution.

There appears to be at least one manufacturer that makes chipsets that supports these and they have a reference design for such an SFP.
http://www.metanoia-comm.com/product_d.php?id=21

I can't find a manufacturer that makes these and have never heard of them being used with MikroTik or any other device.

Has anyone seen or used anything like this?

v81
just joined

Re: ADSL/VDSL SFP with MikroTik

Fri May 13, 2016 10:49 am

As someone learning about IP / routing etc, and also looking into purchasing a Mikrotik/RouterBoard product and living in Australia where i'm due to have VDSL2 available in a few weeks i am very interested in this.

abyss
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Hi,

We bought 3 pieces and made first tries with our VDSL lines.
We've tried with a RB962UiGS-5HacT2HnT and 3 VDSL configurations:

VDSL2 Vectoriezd 1,5 km
VDSL2 1,8 km
VDSL annex B, 600m
The SFP Modem is good and stable and snr are comparable even better than our current planet VC-231.

The mikrotik router doesn't recognise the SFP and we have to setup manually the negociation.
We are not able to use it for our customer for the moment because after reboot, it's impossible to communicate with the SFP module. We need to unplug and plugin the SFP to be able to communicate again.

Will mikrotik support correctly thoses SFP modules soon or not ? It's really better to have only 1 device at the customers places :?

Best Regards,
Julien
http://www.wifx.net

esaym
just joined

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:43 am

The stuff from metanoia-comm.com actually looks pretty cool!

FlavioCamacho
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:17 am

In Brazil the most adopted technology for the internet is ADSL and VDSL I do not understand why Mikrotik does not develop solutions with these technologies.

marklylelk
just joined

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 am

The link that you provide is the dead link. But you can have a look at the monoprice, I have bought several sfp optics from them, and all functioned well!

deuiz
just joined

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:30 pm

abyss
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:55 pm

In Switzerland also most of the lines are VDSL, only 10 percent of fiber-to-home in the major cities...
If we have a ADSL/VDSL interface for Mikrotik, we need more than 300 pieces for our own use and remove all those bridges !

Cheers,
Julien
http://www.wifx.net

nemke
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:57 am

Where you buy these SFP modules ?

abyss
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Directly at metanoia, they send us 3 samples... But metonoia support could not help us at the moment...
Our national operator is deploying Gfast and metanoia has also a Gfast module, would be great to be supported soon...

z3n0
just joined

Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Hi everyone,
with Planet VC-231G/GF is possible to estabilish a VDSL2 connection as a "normal" Modem/Router?

I would be use Mikrotik but use it without VDSL2 modem integrated is very difficult in Italy because our infrastructure is almost entirely in copper.

turnip
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:41 am

Hi everyone,
with Planet VC-231G/GF is possible to estabilish a VDSL2 connection as a "normal" Modem/Router?

I would be use Mikrotik but use it without VDSL2 modem integrated is very difficult in Italy because our infrastructure is almost entirely in copper.
Yes, it should be possible. I looked at those a while back but they're not certified with the Australian NBN (and all the Australian distributors recently stopped selling Planet gear) so I generally use the Draytek Vigor 130 as a VDSL bridge. I use the Proscend SFP module at home but won't sell it to my clients.

z3n0
just joined

Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:54 am

Yes, it should be possible. I looked at those a while back but they're not certified with the Australian NBN (and all the Australian distributors recently stopped selling Planet gear) so I generally use the Draytek Vigor 130 as a VDSL bridge. I use the Proscend SFP module at home but won't sell it to my clients.

Wow, I was also looking for a VDSL2 modem SFP module for Mikrotik and I had found the Allnet ALL-4781 (https://www.allnet-italia.it/sito/Items ... 4781ds.pdf).

Are you using Proscend SFP module for your VDSL2 home connection?
Can you establish a PPPoE connection with your ISP?
Does have Mikrotik this features?

Thank you.

turnip
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:18 pm

Wow, I was also looking for a VDSL2 modem SFP module for Mikrotik and I had found the Allnet ALL-4781 (https://www.allnet-italia.it/sito/Items ... 4781ds.pdf).

Are you using Proscend SFP module for your VDSL2 home connection?
Can you establish a PPPoE connection with your ISP?
Does have Mikrotik this features?

Thank you.
Yes, the Proscend module works and I can do a PPPoE connection to my ISP, it's just not quite as fast as the Draytek, and they heat up a bit.

jebz

Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:37 am

Duxtel in Australia have the PS180-T: Proscend VDSL2 SFP Modem fully certified in stock.
https://shop.duxtel.com.au/product_info ... cts_id=488