Community discussions

MikroTik App

Matta
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

QRT2 - waiting on one since April, problem ?

Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I've ordered (and payed in advance) QRT2 in late April and delivery keeps getting pushed from May to June, then to July, then to beginning of August and now my supplier tells me it has been pushed all the way to September with uncertain delivery date (distributor in Croatia).
I would like to know will QRT2 be availabe in September or not ? I'm kinda sick of waiting 4-5 months for 1 piece of equipment.

Thanks in advance !

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: QRT2 - waiting on one since April, problem ?

Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:04 pm

If you were able to wait so long, it seems you were not need it so much.

nickshore
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:00 pm

MikroTik's ordering system says 9th September for the next batch.

Hope that helps

Nick

Matta
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:50 pm

If you were able to wait so long, it seems you were not need it so much.
Life doesn't depend on it that I get it ASAP, because link where it should go is already up, but if I ordered it I expect to get it. Not to get bumped each month for another month, for 4th month already.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:16 pm

I understand. But you had agreement with your distributor. If you paid for something he cannot deliver although he promised that, he should refund the money back to you immediatelly.

Matta
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:40 am

I understand. But you had agreement with your distributor. If you paid for something he cannot deliver although he promised that, he should refund the money back to you immediatelly.
Of course. It's not a problem with distributor. On the contrary - they've always been very helpful and offered money return right away. It was my decision to wait.
All I'm saying is that, month-by-month, 4 months delivery delay (going to 5th month in September) is not very cool from Mikrotik side. I would be OK if it's said "delivery date unknown" or "unavailable til said otherwise".

rtacheny
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:22 am

No, it is a legitimate thread. We use QRTs for quite a few client devices for the 17dbi antenna, as we prefer the complete product over 911s or baseboxes with external antennas attached. We have been resorting to the latter, but it's been getting extremely frustrating that the date keeps being pushed. We are pretty much left guessing as to what is going on. I can't confirm this, but it could be an issue with FCC licensing, and the new US only part number (that I'm expecting). Would be great if someone over at Mikrotik could let us know what the delay is.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:45 am

My experience is that it normally takes ages between a device is announced and really available. Could be easily almost a year. Never believe in the availability quarter that is announced. It is being prolonged very often too.

Matta
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:52 am

My experience is that it normally takes ages between a device is announced and really available. Could be easily almost a year. Never believe in the availability quarter that is announced. It is being prolonged very often too.

Announced ?

We are talking about few years old product: http://routerboard.com/RBQRTG-2SHPnD

Nothing new about it. I don't even think it's THAT much demand for it, for Mikrotik not to be able to keep up with it.